NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza - Page 17 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza

Post by my tv broke Sat 23 May 2020 - 9:43

Is anyone bringing in Drinkwater? I didnt start with him but hes looked good.. given I was his biggest fan at q cup level maybe i should have had more faith. Anyway, its kind of now or never I think.. with Morgan out for a month I reckon he gets his hands on the ball a lot in attack
    Welshy
    Welshy

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza - Page 17 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza

Post by Welshy Sat 23 May 2020 - 9:45

[quote="my tv broke"]Is anyone bringing in Drinkwater? I didnt start with him but hes looked good.. given I was his biggest fan at q cup level maybe i should have had more faith. Anyway, its kind of now or never I think.. with Morgan out for a month I reckon he gets his hands on the ball a lot in attack[/quote} Was still probably worth some serious consideration without the Morgan news mate. Could make some decent earnings without him ala Maloney without Cleary
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Sat 23 May 2020 - 10:02

Townsend after 2 rounds is the lowest averaging HLF with an average of 23.5.

If Fogarty can somehow find an average of 30 I’d probably be happy. Walker still manages an average of 30 next to DCE. I know it’s not comparable but somehow he can find the points needed
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sat 23 May 2020 - 10:06

my tv broke wrote:Is anyone bringing in Drinkwater? I didnt start with him but hes looked good.. given I was his biggest fan at q cup level maybe i should have had more faith. Anyway, its kind of now or never I think.. with Morgan out for a month I reckon he gets his hands on the ball a lot in attack

He was my 22nd player in initial squad (player I most wanted but didn't fit in)
    So I am bringing him in now whilst I still can.

Then spend time regretting I didn't get him instead of Papenhuyzen and bank the cash.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sat 23 May 2020 - 10:08

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Townsend after 2 rounds is the lowest averaging HLF with an average of 23.5.

If Fogarty can somehow find an average of 30 I’d probably be happy. Walker still manages an average of  30 next to DCE. I know it’s not comparable but somehow he can find the points needed

Its his job security more than his scoring ability that worries me.

If the titans lose a few (and lets face it, that's what everyone is expecting) every possibility of a shake up.

How long will Tyrone Roberts at fullback last?
    Up until a week ago, every one would have assumed Tanah Boyd was next in line for a halves spot - will he get given a go?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Sat 23 May 2020 - 10:21

my tv broke wrote:Is anyone bringing in Drinkwater? I didnt start with him but hes looked good.. given I was his biggest fan at q cup level maybe i should have had more faith. Anyway, its kind of now or never I think.. with Morgan out for a month I reckon he gets his hands on the ball a lot in attack

When team lists come out I will try and get him in. Has looked great and Morgan out should only help him.

Post by Guest Sat 23 May 2020 - 10:25

My team is shit!

I was desperately hoping the fantasy comp would be restarted...

Anyway my trades unless anything else stand out

Brown, Dfifita, Williams, Levi

For

DCE, Drinkwater, Tolo and Harry Grant

Hope everyone is doing well Very Happy
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat 23 May 2020 - 10:31

There's only 1 negative for Fogarty...he plays for the Titans so it's a pass from me.
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Sat 23 May 2020 - 10:33

Contemplating keeping Knight and Jack Williams for Round 3. I was intent on selling them, but thinking that if I hold at least 1 more week I get to give them one more chance and can get a couple of centres like Mitchell and Hopoate at a decent discount next week.

Anyone else holding onto these two for longer?
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat 23 May 2020 - 10:39

Holy Moly wrote:Contemplating keeping Knight and Jack Williams for Round 3. I was intent on selling them, but thinking that if I hold at least 1 more week I get to give them one more chance and can get a couple of centres like Mitchell and Hopoate at a decent discount next week.

Anyone else holding onto these two for longer?

I would be ok with holding Knight as he has potential & all he needs is a minute bump but Williams is a plodder who looks out of his depth & isn't in great form plus he has Magoulias breathing down his neck.
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Sat 23 May 2020 - 10:42

White Lightning wrote:

I would be ok with holding Knight as he has potential & all he needs is a minute bump but Williams is a plodder who looks out of his depth & isn't in great form plus he has Magoulias breathing down his neck.

I haven't watched either of them play, but someone on here also said that Williams doesn't look good when he is playing. Do you reckon there's any chance of Knight's minutes going up? Looks like they were given to Su'a
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat 23 May 2020 - 10:50

Holy Moly wrote:

I haven't watched either of them play, but someone on here also said that Williams doesn't look good when he is playing. Do you reckon there's any chance of Knight's minutes going up? Looks like they were given to Su'a

Williams has been heavily criticised on the Sharks forums....missing tackles, dropping passes & not looking good.
    Yeah Knight needs that minute bump but will he get it. If you have more urgent trades he can stay for a week but I'm selling him this week because I can't see him getting the minutes we want. He did score 45 in round 1 so there is promise there.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Sat 23 May 2020 - 10:58

Milchcow wrote:

If the titans lose a few (and lets face it, that's what everyone is expecting) every possibility of a shake up.

Up until a week ago, every one would have assumed Tanah Boyd was next in line for a halves spot - will he get given a go?

Fair points. Hopefully someone more trustworthy drops into our laps before or on TLT
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo

Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo Sat 23 May 2020 - 11:09

Teeth Eater wrote:I see a few trade options popping up that I think are very frivolous. Fixing glaring errors in your team is a given, but I'd absolutely love to get through these first two weeks with a couple of banked trades. I just keep thinking that if I use 2 every week (and that's a massive IF for these first two return rounds) that's 13 more weeks of trades and that's 5 weeks without any trades at all. One quarter of the season. It makes me tense. I assume it's all relative to the standard season, but either way... Hoping to bank some if I can. Not sure if I can, though.

Moral of the story is, I'd only be trading out folk that absolutely have to go. Personally... just how I'm looking at it.

It's hard because on one side I strongly disagree with this, as I think with the shortened season people should be smashing out as many trades as possible now so they have a final 17 ASAP. On the other hand, this must be the most unpredictable season that we will probably ever see, so banking those trades could be absolute gold

Post by Guest Sat 23 May 2020 - 11:11

White Lightning wrote:There's only 1 negative for Fogarty...he plays for the Titans so it's a pass from me.

Yeah me too. Only way he comes in for me is if by random chance he’s a half / ctr other than that Taylor will dominate and titans will not be going well this year.

Will be looking at Arrow though
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Sat 23 May 2020 - 11:13

White Lightning wrote:

This. Knight is a hold if you must but Williams has to go.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat 23 May 2020 - 11:17

Enchanted Glossy Flamingo wrote:

It's hard because on one side I strongly disagree with this, as I think with the shortened season people should be smashing out as many trades as possible now so they have a final 17 ASAP. On the other hand, this must be the most unpredictable season that we will probably ever see, so banking those trades could be absolute gold

I have no problem with people making trades they usually wouldn't e.g gun to gun because with the 8 trades it's like the season is starting now so imo it doesn't really matter.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Sat 23 May 2020 - 11:19

Williams I always thought would be a fun own. Action packed. Line break to go with every penalty conceded kind guy. Clear to me form just 2 games though that, that action only had its place off the bench. The guy is an absolute liability, and if he’s not already replaced by Magoulias for round 3, he will be by round 5
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat 23 May 2020 - 11:20

Matterson - total points 105 - 775k
    J. Paulo - total points 104 - 607k
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat 23 May 2020 - 11:42

Milchcow wrote:

Remember the guy next to him is Ash Taylor, high chance he is the guy to drop out.

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024 - 17:40