NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza

Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza - Page 34 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza

Post by Rabbits21 Tue 26 May 2020 - 0:43

@Teeth Eater as a Parra fan I would assume you’re also keen on Matterson?
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza - Page 34 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza

Post by Teeth Eater Tue 26 May 2020 - 0:47

Rabbits21 wrote:@Teeth Eater as a Parra fan I would assume you’re also keen on Matterson?

I'd like Matterson, yes... and to be honest, he'd be a sensible pick to replace Fifita.

BUT! I don't operate sensibles.

Unless something mad happens tomorrow, I'm kind of set on bringing in McInnes for Fifita. I know it probably seems reckless and stupid to many... but that's how I roll. And it is why I am shit at Fantasy. Wink
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue 26 May 2020 - 0:51

Teeth Eater wrote:

I'd like Matterson, yes... and to be honest, he'd be a sensible pick to replace Fifita.

Unless something mad happens tomorrow, I'm kind of set on bringing in McInnes for Fifita. I know it probably seems reckless and stupid to many... but that's how I roll. And it is why I am shit at Fantasy. Wink

Not stupid. Will be a final 17 player. Not a lot of value though and some are apprehensive about minutes and bench make-up although he'll be fine imo but not an urgent trade in for me.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue 26 May 2020 - 0:59

Teeth Eater wrote:

Not silly at all mate. That is a very good trade.
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Tue 26 May 2020 - 1:02

Mulvy wrote:

Seriously though:

Right click image
    Copy image address
    Hit this button:

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza - Page 34 Captur10

Then paste the URL in here and insert:

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 23 - Trade-a-palooza - Page 34 Captur11

Your welcome  Very Happy

Cheers mate, will give it a go next time!

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Mate you’re like me then ahaha I can be the younger bro lol as I’m 26 and also shithouse with technology ahahaha!

Yeah I'm improving but can't help but lose my temper when it eventually all goes to shit
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue 26 May 2020 - 1:03

Mulvy wrote:

Not stupid. Will be a final 17 player. Not a lot of value though and some are apprehensive about minutes and bench make-up although he'll be fine imo but not an urgent trade in for me.

That's been the main niggle in the back of my head. Do I hold Fifita one more week, possibly find out a little more about his return date in that time? Then I get to see how McInnes and his minutes go and I pick him up next week if everything still the same or better.

I can't see him losing any significant money if he stays healthy, and I'd also be unlucky if he made a stack of cash. So yeah, I agree he's not urgent and maybe it is better to hold off for one more week.

But, I'll see what happens tomorrow. If mad things happen with Magoulias, for instance, I might concentrate solely on cash for now.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue 26 May 2020 - 1:09

Teeth Eater wrote:

That's been the main niggle in the back of my head. Do I hold Fifita one more week, possibly find out a little more about his return date in that time? Then I get to see how McInnes and his minutes go and I pick him up next week if everything still the same or better.

I can't see him losing any significant money if he stays healthy, and I'd also be unlucky if he made a stack of cash. So yeah, I agree he's not urgent and maybe it is better to hold off for one more week.

But, I'll see what happens tomorrow. If mad things happen with Magoulias, for instance, I might concentrate solely on cash for now.  
    I'm leaning towards 4 cash generation based trades when teams are announced. Something like Grant, Fogarty, Horse, Shibasaki, which doesn't require me to trade out Fifita yet. Next week I will have more information to make an informed decision on either trading in a different keeper, or holding onto him.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue 26 May 2020 - 1:16

mattnz wrote:
    I'm leaning towards 4 cash generation based trades when teams are announced. Something like Grant, Fogarty, Horse, Shibasaki, which doesn't require me to trade out Fifita yet. Next week I will have more information to make an informed decision on either trading in a different keeper, or holding onto him.

It was actually one of the little notes I wrote for myself at the end of last season - to not even look at keepers in the first few weeks. I'm actually quite happy with my initial gun selections, but Cleary's stupidity and Fifita's injury has unexpectedly removed two of my proposed season-long gun picks.

McInnes was actually the first player I selected in Fantasy this year, and was in my squad until his injury. I think I can justify bringing him in for another injured gun... but logic agrees with you that making cash possibly more important at the minute?
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue 26 May 2020 - 1:24

Without delving too far into it, my initial thoughts are 100% trade Fifita.

He likely misses 3 weeks and those three weeks are more important at the start of the season when you are trying to make cash and get points right off the bat with no bye period. When he returns Broncos will (likely) have Lodge full strength, Glenn full strength, TPJ back from suspension, Ofa is back, Carrigan who has now cemented his role and a big minute Haas as well as rumours of squad rotation.

You can't loop him, Broncos play Thursday night for the next four weeks.

Finally he's not necessarily a final 17 player, and even if he is you can get him back later. People describe this as burning two trades but this is flawed reasoning - You trade Fifita to some other keeper = one trade. The other trade is trading some other plodder who you were going to trade out in any case to Fifita (or somebody else - you have the choice of who to trade in without needing to predict the future).
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue 26 May 2020 - 1:45

Mulvy wrote:Without delving too far into it, my initial thoughts are 100% trade Fifita.

He likely misses 3 weeks and those three weeks are more important at the start of the season when you are trying to make cash and get points right off the bat with no bye period. When he returns Broncos will (likely) have Lodge full strength, Glenn full strength, TPJ back from suspension, Ofa is back, Carrigan who has now cemented his role and a big minute Haas as well as rumours of squad rotation.

You can't loop him, Broncos play Thursday night for the next four weeks.

Finally he's not necessarily a final 17 player, and even if he is you can get him back later. People describe this as burning two trades but this is flawed reasoning - You trade Fifita to some other keeper = one trade. The other trade is trading some other plodder who you were going to trade out in any case to Fifita (or somebody else - you have the choice of who to trade in without needing to predict the future).

I don’t think many will hold Fifita, I’m more interested in what to do with Cleary. Much tougher question.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Tue 26 May 2020 - 1:52

Anyone thinking their team has problems. I just read the FOX predicted teams, Wacko’s was not much better. It’s quite possible that Kennedy, Kerr, Wakeham, and Walters May have lost their spots. Added to that my other issues like Musgrove and Williame in my 18-21 and Ponga as one of my FBs. Thank God we get 4 trades! Good luck tomorrow everybody!
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue 26 May 2020 - 1:54

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:Anyone thinking their team has problems. I just read the FOX predicted teams, Wacko’s was not much better. It’s quite possible that Kennedy, Kerr, Wakeham, and Walters May have lost their spots. Added to that my other issues like Musgrove and Williame in my 18-21 and Ponga as one of my FBs. Thank God we get 4 trades! Good luck tomorrow everybody!
    I have all the above except Ponga, also need to play Crichton this round, even if he is on the bench, and have Fifita, Cleary and Watkins.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue 26 May 2020 - 2:00

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:Anyone thinking their team has problems. I just read the FOX predicted teams, Wacko’s was not much better. It’s quite possible that Kennedy, Kerr, Wakeham, and Walters May have lost their spots. Added to that my other issues like Musgrove and Williame in my 18-21 and Ponga as one of my FBs. Thank God we get 4 trades! Good luck tomorrow everybody!
    Can you post the Wacko's team predictions? I cant see them
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue 26 May 2020 - 2:00

robelgordo wrote:

I don’t think many will hold Fifita, I’m more interested in what to do with Cleary. Much tougher question.

I think he has potential to be the highest point scorer of 2020. Possibly. Never even crossed my mind to trade him out, personally. I should add that I also have Moses to see me through the next two weeks.

I've been pretty relaxed about my team but am ready to get KAZAAM'd tomorrow. I have Kennedy, Kerr and Walters. All of whom I'd prefer to hold for now.

I was actually listening to one of the Supercoach podcasts tonight where he was speaking to the NRL Physio and Moylan still sounds like a wreck (didn't seem like a certain round 3 starter) and Dugan probably not much better. Still determined to hold onto Kennedy for at least one week. Definitely the last on my list of possible trade-outs.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Tue 26 May 2020 - 2:01

mattnz wrote:
    I have all the above except Ponga, also need to play Crichton this round, even if he is on the bench, and have Fifita, Cleary and Watkins.
    Thanks a lot. That makes me feel so much better. The break has certainly not been kind to you. I may even have to play Fogarty!
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Tue 26 May 2020 - 2:03

mattnz wrote:
    Can you post the Wacko's team predictions? I cant see them
    Sorry, but I'm totally technologically challenged. I read it on the Supercoach talk site.
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Tue 26 May 2020 - 2:06

what is everyones bold prediction or biggest surprise they think might pop up when teams are announced
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue 26 May 2020 - 2:18

robelgordo wrote:

I'd hold Cleary if i had him.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue 26 May 2020 - 2:25

mintotheimmortal wrote:what is everyones bold prediction or biggest surprise they think might pop up when teams are announced
    One of Leleisiaou, S Crichton or Tabuai-Fidow named to start and everyone rushes to get them in to replace Watkins and Kennedy.
    Anthony Don injured a knee in training (actually happened), bring on Leleisiaou!
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue 26 May 2020 - 3:13

Apparently B Smith has been training at dummy half to take advantage of the new rules. Wondering if that may be bad news for Papy if he gets minutes there, C Smith to half and Hughes to fullback during the game.

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024 - 17:41