NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 part 22 - The one where we all come back

White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 part 22 - The one where we all come back - Page 40 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 part 22 - The one where we all come back

Post by White Lightning Mon May 18, 2020 7:02 am

Actually Zac Lomax up against the Warriors in round 3 if he retains the gk & stays a f/b (which may not happen with Dufty playing so well in round 2) could be my Aubusson replacement & Grant would have to wait until round 4 & could be a swap with Walters.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 part 22 - The one where we all come back - Page 40 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 part 22 - The one where we all come back

Post by Camo123 Mon May 18, 2020 7:22 am

White Lightning wrote:On Aubusson I'm sure he'll stay as a starter as the coach loves him but if there's a change & he starts on the bench I'll have to make a change. I could from a cash angle get Grant & play Wiliame in round 3 because he's up against the Warriors so should do alright & then get a ctr with my 4 trades in round 4. I was going to turf JTB for Grant but this LAM & Tevaga news means JTB will probably remain in the 17 & gets decent minutes.

CTR should be the last position to use trades on given reduced max trades & less rounds

The most expensive CTR to start the season (Mitchell) has average of 12 so far. He'll probably be a cashout in a couple of rounds Razz

IMO you're best off just playing Wiliame for foreseeable future and upgrading other positions with higher base/higher ceiling

If by some reason Aubusson doesn't start I'm just going to do Aubusson to TTurbo to get keeper at WFB (my moving Shibasaki to CTR) & it doesn't interfere with my trade plans. You want to get to final 17 quickest and not be using 2 trades on getting a CTR in and out esp given Lomax's scores have been fluky at best (try off error in R1, try when Lafai was basically over the line in R2)
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon May 18, 2020 7:42 am

Hey guys, just trying to catch up on everything, but only reading the forum as info. Why has the fantasy comp just not been re-started from scratch? It seems ridiculous to continue it from where we left off...doesnt it?

Also, Im considering not playing this year, partly cause I think its not a level playing field anymore, but also cause Im flat out with Covid research in NZ plus about to have a new baby. Im worried that it will impact others though with leagues etc (which I usually dont sign up for for this reason, but did this year argh...). Thoughts? Im kinda an all or or nothing guy with fantasy sports, and know for a fact at best I'll only be given some minor attention to it, of at all...

Hope everyone is well.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon May 18, 2020 7:43 am

Camo123 wrote:

CTR should be the last position to use trades on given reduced max trades & less rounds

The most expensive CTR to start the season (Mitchell) has average of 12 so far. He'll probably be a cashout in a couple of rounds  Razz

IMO you're best off just playing Wiliame for foreseeable future and upgrading other positions with higher base/higher ceiling

If by some reason Aubusson doesn't start I'm just going to do Aubusson to TTurbo to get keeper at WFB (my moving Shibasaki to CTR) & it doesn't interfere with my trade plans. You want to get to final 17 quickest and not be using 2 trades on getting a CTR in and out esp given Lomax's scores have been fluky at best (try off error in R1, try when Lafai was basically over the line in R2)

You are 100% right...it's like I've learnt nothing from 2006 fantasy Very Happy
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon May 18, 2020 8:01 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Hey guys, just trying to catch up on everything, but only reading the forum as info. Why has the fantasy comp just not been re-started from scratch? It seems ridiculous to continue it from where we left off...doesnt it?

Fantasy is counting round 1 and 2 results for the same reason that the NRL is counting round 1+2 results. People put a lot of effort getting their team together, and to throw away their initial results is quite unfair, especially to those who started well. If you had a good rank you wouldn't be happy if everyone behind you got a fee wildcard and you all started again from zero.

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon May 18, 2020 8:07 am

Milchcow wrote:

Fantasy is counting round 1 and 2 results for the same reason that the NRL is counting round 1+2 results. People put a lot of effort getting their team together, and to throw away their initial results is quite unfair, especially to those who started well. If you had a good rank you wouldn't be happy if everyone behind you got a fee wildcard and you all started again from zero.

I get that argument, but I suspect 90% of teams didnt put their team together planning for this? Anyway, its besides the point really, it is what it is. I think its silly to continue as is - just my opinion of course.

Also, FWIW, Im doing pretty well in VSDT and Super Coach, I would have no qualms if it were started from scratch given all the disruption.

My main question really though (as the rest of my post alluded to), is am I the only one thinking of bailing on the season? if so, I'll plug away so others dont get affected, but if heaps of people are not gonna play this season, I'll join the crowd. What are people thoughts on that?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon May 18, 2020 8:17 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Hey guys, just trying to catch up on everything, but only reading the forum as info. Why has the fantasy comp just not been re-started from scratch? It seems ridiculous to continue it from where we left off...doesnt it?

IMO it would be more ridiculous if they started from scratch.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon May 18, 2020 8:23 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

I get that argument, but I suspect 90% of teams didnt put their team together planning for this? Anyway, its besides the point really, it is what it is. I think its silly to continue as is - just my opinion of course.

Also, FWIW, Im doing pretty well in VSDT and Super Coach, I would have no qualms if it were started from scratch given all the disruption.

My main question really though (as the rest of my post alluded to), is am I the only one thinking of bailing on the season? if so, I'll plug away so others dont get affected, but if heaps of people are not gonna play this season, I'll join the crowd. What are people thoughts on that?

I think you should just plug away so others don't get affected. Real life is more important than a fantasy game & it sounds like you are extremely busy with your job & a beautiful baby on the way but just spend a couple of minutes every week making trades even though that would not sit well with you. I think most people will continue playing but I'm sympathetic to your plight bro.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon May 18, 2020 8:37 am

White Lightning wrote:

I think you should just plug away so others don't get affected. Real life is more important than a fantasy game & it sounds like you are extremely busy with your job & a beautiful baby on the way but just spend a couple of minutes every week making trades even though that would not sit well with you. I think most people will continue playing but I'm sympathetic to your plight bro.

Thanks for the response mate. Maybe my time committments ease up a bit. I'll be honest though, right now it seems a waste of time for me to continue. I'll do my best. Hope you are doing well mate, and your Dad!

multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon May 18, 2020 8:44 am

Rabbits21 wrote:
    AJ
    Gagai
    Goodwin
    Burns
    Campbell
    Latrell
    Reyno
    Tatola
    Cook
    Tom
    Su’a
    Murray
    Knight

Nicholls
    Lowe
    Sele
    Sironen

If Cody is out an extended period Souths struggle to make the 8

Convenient excuse for a team that were going to miss the 8 anyway
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon May 18, 2020 8:45 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Thanks for the response mate. Maybe my time committments ease up a bit. I'll be honest though, right now it seems a waste of time for me to continue. I'll do my best. Hope you are doing well mate, and your Dad!

We can always give you collective advice mate on trades to save you time too if you do struggle to keep up. I don't think you should bail now and if you do get a bit more time later on regret letting the season go when it's too late.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon May 18, 2020 8:46 am

Apparently Roberts could be selected for round 3 https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/teams/rabbitohs/james-roberts-partner-opens-up-as-souths-star-aims-to-play-just-7-days-after-rehab/news-story/35371da9697b1d233d1ebf01ccaba4ac
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon May 18, 2020 8:54 am

wolfking wrote:

We can always give you collective advice mate on trades to save you time too if you do struggle to keep up.  I don't think you should bail now and if you do get a bit more time later on regret letting the season go when it's too late.

Cheers mate, the problem is I have three teams each in different comps. I struggle to keep up at the best of times lol!! I'll do my best to keep them active. Unless there is a mass exodus, and then it wont matter if I bail.
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Mon May 18, 2020 8:59 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Cheers mate, the problem is I have three teams each in different comps. I struggle to keep up at the best of times lol!! I'll do my best to keep them active. Unless there is a mass exodus, and then it wont matter if I bail.

Sounds like the real world should take priority - especially with a new baby due.
    I remember when our first arrived - was easily my worst Fantasy year - just no time, and not a priority.
    I'm sure if you bail (i.e. don't bother trading) it won't matter - I feel like every league has someone who bails... (at least you'd have a good reason!)
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon May 18, 2020 9:06 am

easytiger wrote:

Sounds like the real world should take priority - especially with a new baby due.
    I remember when our first arrived - was easily my worst Fantasy year - just no time, and not a priority.
    I'm sure if you bail (i.e. don't bother trading) it won't matter - I feel like every league has someone who bails... (at least you'd have a good reason!)

Cheers mate - I hope you are well!
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon May 18, 2020 9:33 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Cheers for asking. Yep both of us are doing good but thank christ we're down to level 2.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon May 18, 2020 9:35 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Some people bail every season, they just tend to slip away quietly rather than announce it. But I suspect there will be a few more people than usual who don't return (or don't return at full commitment) when the comp starts up again this year and you will not be the only one.

If you are worried about harming forum league ranking, that is only really a concern in VSDT, as Fantasy doesn't publicly rank leagues.

If you are worried about your personal ranking for next season, a quick mod discussion suggests we will make allowances for next years ranking (exactly what those allowances are is to be determined)

But in the end its just a game, if you have work/baby/other commitments then they should absolutetly take priority over a bunch of made up points around a sporting contest
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon May 18, 2020 9:41 am

My best ever year was the year my 2nd child was born (technically the year after because he was born late december)

I had a bunch of paternity leave for the start of the year. Unlike my first born, number 2 was an excellent day sleeper, so I had heaps of time to do fantasy planning.
    Ended up coming 27th overall
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Mon May 18, 2020 9:58 am

Thoughts on going early on Teddy? I've got enough money to sell Croft to any player in the game, and I figure getting a final 17 player right now is a decent play, due to the lack of Origin and no need to bye plan. Plus, getting Teddy early seems like a bit of a POD move since I doubt many top teams have him and won't be able to afford him for a while.
    KingTeddy
    KingTeddy

Post by KingTeddy Mon May 18, 2020 9:59 am

Bethany_B wrote:Thoughts on going early on Teddy? I've got enough money to sell Croft to any player in the game, and I figure getting a final 17 player right now is a decent play, due to the lack of Origin and no need to bye plan. Plus, getting Teddy early seems like a bit of a POD move since I doubt many top teams have him and won't be able to afford him for a while.

Was thinking the same thing bro. Might just go Fifita to teddy

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:23 pm