NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 part 22 - The one where we all come back

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2020 part 22 - The one where we all come back - Page 46 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 part 22 - The one where we all come back

Post by my tv broke Tue May 19, 2020 10:45 am

KingTeddy wrote:

Yeah I know that but remember they have one of the worst coaches in the NRL. If Eli has a few bad games and he can choose between Harris, Tevaga and Blair then I'm sure he won't hesitate to move Eli back to the bench...

I don't think they have any intention of moving Blair back out to an edge, and Tevaga wouldn't play there either. One of Blair or Tevaga would just go back to the bench, but with Ah Mau injured, they'd both start in the middle I think.

Curran was on everyone's radar in pre-season as he seemed like the guy to get the edge spot but I think its unlikely Katoa loses it to Curran now.

Blair said this in pre-season -

"I'm the fill-in man," Blair smiled.

"I guess I'm very lucky that I can play a few positions.

"For me, most probably my position is around the middle of the ruck, whether it's front row or lock.

"At the moment Jazz [Tevaga] is injured, so most probably I'll try to get some time in there, I think I play my best footy through the middle of the park.

"Defensively, I try to keep the middle strong. My job as a middle player is to keep the middle tight and we fell off that last year, where we didn't have enough leaders there and with me being in the middle will help that."
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

NRL Fantasy 2020 part 22 - The one where we all come back - Page 46 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 part 22 - The one where we all come back

Post by easytiger Tue May 19, 2020 10:58 am

It would be pure madness if Blair isn't playing in the middle given the Warriors bleak front row stocks.

Katoa's edge spot is his to lose.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Tue May 19, 2020 11:07 am

Where did the 'Tevaga is only out for a few weeks' source even come from

There's been no indication from Warriors about scans being complete, and no update after article on Friday just saying he's injured his knee
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue May 19, 2020 11:16 am

Camo123 wrote:Where did the 'Tevaga is only out for a few weeks' source even come from

There's been no indication from Warriors about scans being complete, and no update after article on Friday just saying he's injured his knee
    Warriors ceo said wasn’t as bad as first thought. Have seen 3-4 weeks expected time out
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Tue May 19, 2020 11:24 am

Anybody else tempted to hold D.Fifita? Trades are at a premium and he’s a no-question final 17 player who may be out for 3 weeks. 750k is a lot to bench, but playing Katoa&Magoulias could be an ok risk to wear.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue May 19, 2020 11:30 am

Apologies for a dull Q  ,... How many trades did we drop ?

Last edited by Revraiser on Tue May 19, 2020 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Tue May 19, 2020 11:32 am

mattnz wrote:I didn't realise that you could get less than $228k, but Averillo is $223k. Could be a great cash out at some stage.

It looks like Failhub didn't bother updating the minimum price to $228K in their price change module and it is still at the $212K level from last season. A couple of players (Bullemore and Olakau'atu) are already at this price point after some woeful performances. Prices should hopefully not drop below this level.

A+
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Tue May 19, 2020 11:39 am

L-Jimmy wrote:Anybody else tempted to hold D.Fifita? Trades are at a premium and he’s a no-question final 17 player who may be out for 3 weeks. 750k is a lot to bench, but playing Katoa&Magoulias could be an ok risk to wear.

I don't think he's a no-question final 17 player which is the problem. Lodge & TPJ will be back by then, which means he potentially won't be guaranteed 80 mins (as last season it was Glenn & TPJ preferred 2RF) and he's coming back from surgery so they may ease him in as he's very early in career

There's plenty of guns to upgrade to or underpriced assets that could emerge as final 17 players (Twal, Yeo)

Also injuries with no guaranteed return date are always a pain as it could extend longer than expected
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue May 19, 2020 11:43 am

L-Jimmy wrote:Anybody else tempted to hold D.Fifita? Trades are at a premium and he’s a no-question final 17 player who may be out for 3 weeks. 750k is a lot to bench, but playing Katoa&Magoulias could be an ok risk to wear.

I'm already holding Ponga, and probably Cleary. Can't hold 3 guys of that value, especially with Fifita being the longest out with most uncertain return of those 3.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Tue May 19, 2020 11:50 am

Super tempted but....the timeline is pretty shady and they might ease him back in from the bench. If it was a full season I would hold and even now unless TLT is an even bigger shit show for me I am tempted to give it a week to see (It might be wise to check Watsons mins for a week before diving in)

Just on the other point about job security I think he is one of the Bronco's  starting edge forwards when fully fit, he was definitely the preferred 2RF on the run home last year and remember what everyones favourite bovine always says about starting 2RF minutes.

EDIT : I choose Moses not Cleary

Last edited by Aardvark on Tue May 19, 2020 11:53 am; edited 2 times in total
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue May 19, 2020 11:51 am

Not while I also own Cleary.

Risk with Fifita is he is given extra time to ease back in, might play first game or two off bench, etc.

If there is something more concrete before round 3 eg if i was somewhat certain he'd miss 1 game max then I'd probably hold.

Last edited by my tv broke on Tue May 19, 2020 11:53 am; edited 2 times in total
    t43597
    t43597

Post by t43597 Tue May 19, 2020 11:52 am

After the following trades

D.Fifi > Watson
    Simonsson > Staggs
    Walters > Magoulias
    Musgrove > Grant

With 119k itb

Api
    Haas, Carrigan
    Lolo, Leilua, Katoa
    Moses, Watson
    Staggs, Aubbo
    Papi, Drinkwater, Lomax

Friend, Wiliame, Mann, Grant
    Magoulias, JTB, Rudolf, Kennedy

Playing Wiliame since he has the Warriors first up. I dont have the best depth but i feel like my team is quite well balanced. Not really sure when ill get the chance to trade Friend. Given my starting CTRs and WFBs for round 1 were:

Lomax, Wiliame
    Papi, Drinkwater, Simonsson

I'm pretty happy to now have Staggs and Aubbo in there. I'm hoping Aubbo still gets good minutes, as id like to actually improve my forwards next round (if feasible).
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Tue May 19, 2020 11:54 am

Aardvark wrote:

Super tempted but....the timeline is pretty shady and they might ease him back in from the bench. If it was a full season I would hold and even now unless TLT is an even bigger shit show for me I am tempted to give it a week to see (It might be wise to check Watsons mins for a week before diving in)

Just on the other point about job security I think he is one of the Bronco's  starting edge forwards when fully fit, he was definitely the preferred 2RF on the run home last year and remember what everyones favourite bovine always says about starting 2RF minutes.

He played the backend of the year starting as Glenn finished year in CTR & TPJ was suspended. He hasn't actually started many matches where everyone has been available but a lot has changed since last season
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Tue May 19, 2020 11:57 am

Camo123 wrote:

He played the backend of the year starting as Glenn finished year in CTR & TPJ was suspended. He hasn't actually started many matches where everyone has been available but a lot has changed since last season

I could definitely be wrong but I just think that spot is his now

The depth available does allow them the luxury of easing him back in though

...also I am struggling to identify a good value replacement for him
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Tue May 19, 2020 11:58 am

Thanks all - good thoughts there. Particularly about the ease-back risk, and thinking about what our resident physio said about lateral movement restrictions...

I suspect it’ll depend on TLT and Magou/Kennedy/Watson
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue May 19, 2020 12:03 pm

Aardvark wrote:

I could definitely be wrong but I just think that spot is his now

The depth available does allow them the luxury of easing him back in though

...also I am struggling to identify a good value replacement for him

I think its hard to say. Glenn is the captain so almost certainly starts on left edge. Siebold does love Pangai and said in pre season he prefers him as an edge forward, Pangai trained most of pre-season at right edge but when Lodge went down it was an easy move to put him in the middle, but Lodge should be back before Pangai/Fifita. Carrigan may well have locked down the 13 jersey as well.

Could go either way.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue May 19, 2020 12:21 pm

Considering it. One of those cut priced keepers which will be so important to final squad balance. But who knows if he is starting once Broncos are full strength
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue May 19, 2020 12:37 pm

Is it just me, or with the shortened season, holding players seems a lot less relevant than previous years? Less rounds means less points. maximising points every round I would have thought would be priority now. I'm not elite so I could be wrong, just seems the more you have cap sitting on the bench this year, the bigger the sacrifice it would be.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue May 19, 2020 12:43 pm

Something else that may happen is top players may be given a week off mid to late season. 18 weeks straight of NRL, without byes.. no international weekend and no origin. Impossible to plan for now but could cuase havoc in last month if robinson gives teddy a rest, etc
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Tue May 19, 2020 1:27 pm

my tv broke wrote:Something else that may happen is top players may be given a week off mid to late season. 18 weeks straight of NRL, without byes.. no international weekend and no origin. Impossible to plan for now but could cuase havoc in last month if robinson gives teddy a rest, etc

I wouldn’t say it’s impossible to plan for.

All you need to do is avoid players who are crucial to the teams who’ll be challenging in finals. And looking at my team I’m pleased to say that with Wiliame, Levi, L.Leilua, E.Katoa and Luai all playing in next week’s 17 I’m well on the way to being rest-proof!

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:38 pm