NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    NRL Fantasy 2020 part 21 - The one with all the missing TBs

    filthridden
    filthridden
    Moderator

    Posts : 8922
    Reputation : 3710
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    NRL Fantasy 2020 part 21 - The one with all the missing TBs - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 part 21 - The one with all the missing TBs

    Post by filthridden on Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:51 pm

    Say what you will about the Warriors performances on the field but this speaks volumes about the playing leadership:

    https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/warriors/120590637/nrl-players-give-money-back-to-warriors-to-help-club-survive-and-staff-keep-jobs
    Revraiser
    Revraiser

    Posts : 6648
    Reputation : 1759
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    NRL Fantasy 2020 part 21 - The one with all the missing TBs - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 part 21 - The one with all the missing TBs

    Post by Revraiser on Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:26 pm

    @my tv broke wrote:

    so, aubbs? Beating Heart Beating Heart


    lol!
    Ozymandias
    Ozymandias

    Posts : 1153
    Reputation : 363
    Join date : 2017-03-01

    NRL Fantasy 2020 part 21 - The one with all the missing TBs - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 part 21 - The one with all the missing TBs

    Post by Ozymandias on Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:43 pm

    Not sure if this is old news or not but I saw it posted on Twitter today ....
    https://twitter.com/NRL/status/1242949466631569410

    Here's the link to the NRL Fantasy Notice Board ....
    https://fantasy.nrl.com/help/notice-board
    robelgordo
    robelgordo

    Posts : 964
    Reputation : 362
    Join date : 2019-07-08

    NRL Fantasy 2020 part 21 - The one with all the missing TBs - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 part 21 - The one with all the missing TBs

    Post by robelgordo on Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:44 pm

    @filthridden wrote:Say what you will about the Warriors performances on the field but this speaks volumes about the playing leadership:

    https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/warriors/120590637/nrl-players-give-money-back-to-warriors-to-help-club-survive-and-staff-keep-jobs

    Warriors are a weird case where I think they have great club culture and yet see no on-field payoff for it.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser

    Posts : 6648
    Reputation : 1759
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    NRL Fantasy 2020 part 21 - The one with all the missing TBs - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 part 21 - The one with all the missing TBs

    Post by Revraiser on Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:51 pm

    @Ozymandias wrote:Not sure if this is old news or not but I saw it posted on Twitter today ....
    https://twitter.com/NRL/status/1242949466631569410

    Here's the link to the NRL Fantasy Notice Board ....
    https://fantasy.nrl.com/help/notice-board

    Everyone should have got the same in an email.
    mattnz
    mattnz

    Posts : 3619
    Reputation : 984
    Join date : 2018-03-11

    NRL Fantasy 2020 part 21 - The one with all the missing TBs - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 part 21 - The one with all the missing TBs

    Post by mattnz on Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:16 pm

    Interview with the NRLs virus expert https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/120544101/what-if-a-player-dies-why-pandemic-expert-told-nrl-to-shut-down

    Higlights:
    - NRL shut down when the expert said "What if one of your players gets it and dies"
    - Expert seems very critical of Australia's response, leaving schools open and letting passengers off cruise ships without any checks.
    - "That to me meant the prospect of this coming under control is now slim," she said. "The issue that really swayed me was the fact they didn't go hard with the social distancing in NSW, which is the epicentre."
    - "There's absolutely no indication about the flattening of the curve. Things are going to get a lot worse very quickly. We are going to see double the number of cases next week, and then double that the week after. It's going to be hitting our health system substantially. We will know that when the ICU beds are full."
    - Doesn't expect NRL to be able to return to action this season

    Also hearing through my contacts here in NZ that they don't expect to open their borders here internationally for at least 6 months. Unless Australia get their shit together soon, they won't be top of the list of countries we would open up our borders to in a hurry.

    The Federal and State government system in Australia shows real weakness at times like this, things fall through the gaps, hair dressers remain open and the country doesn't go into full lock down. In NZ the decision is just with the PM, can get things done that need to happen. In Australia they aren't taking the necessary steps and their recovery will take much longer.
    Blain
    Blain

    Posts : 379
    Reputation : 68
    Join date : 2017-07-19

    NRL Fantasy 2020 part 21 - The one with all the missing TBs - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 part 21 - The one with all the missing TBs

    Post by Blain on Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:33 pm

    FFS come on Australia! I have my wedding locked in for mid November, with around 5 good friends coming over from various parts of Australia. If they keep pissing around and not locking down, none of them will be coming over.. Sad

    It's one of those things that you either FULLY commit too, or don't do at all. There will be massive politics and $$$$ getting in the way of Australia locking up for sure.

    NZ's "border patrol" was a joke up until they shut everyone except NZers out, the Government were pissing around for a while put made the right call to shut the country down and quickly.
    Blain
    Blain

    Posts : 379
    Reputation : 68
    Join date : 2017-07-19

    NRL Fantasy 2020 part 21 - The one with all the missing TBs - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 part 21 - The one with all the missing TBs

    Post by Blain on Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:36 pm

    @robelgordo wrote:

    Warriors are a weird case where I think they have great club culture and yet see no on-field payoff for it.

    Yeah there aren't too many dickheads in the side, Blair is niggly on field for sure, but is generally highly regarded by all off it. I think a great coach could do great things at our club, but sadly we've been let down by owners/managements decisions. Peter O'Sullivan is around working magic, as we've seen with Katoa and even JTB already. Most of his work to date is in the juniors squad, which will take several years to bare fruit.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatic

    Posts : 11246
    Reputation : 4088
    Join date : 2016-01-08
    Location : Fantasy Island

    NRL Fantasy 2020 part 21 - The one with all the missing TBs - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 part 21 - The one with all the missing TBs

    Post by my tv broke on Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:31 pm

    My GF's mum is a teacher and generally dislikes footballers (your general society view) and Blair helped at her school when he was at the Broncos. She loved him, said he was the nicest guy ever and great with the kids.
    mattnz
    mattnz

    Posts : 3619
    Reputation : 984
    Join date : 2018-03-11

    NRL Fantasy 2020 part 21 - The one with all the missing TBs - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 part 21 - The one with all the missing TBs

    Post by mattnz on Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:50 pm

    Apparently Frizell has signed for Knights (cant link the article behind DT paywall)
    easytiger
    easytiger

    Posts : 47
    Reputation : 27
    Join date : 2020-01-27

    NRL Fantasy 2020 part 21 - The one with all the missing TBs - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 part 21 - The one with all the missing TBs

    Post by easytiger on Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:06 pm

    @mattnz wrote:Interview with the NRLs virus expert https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/120544101/what-if-a-player-dies-why-pandemic-expert-told-nrl-to-shut-down

    Higlights:
    - NRL shut down when the expert said "What if one of your players gets it and dies"
    - Expert seems very critical of Australia's response, leaving schools open and letting passengers off cruise ships without any checks.
    - "That to me meant the prospect of this coming under control is now slim," she said. "The issue that really swayed me was the fact they didn't go hard with the social distancing in NSW, which is the epicentre."
    - "There's absolutely no indication about the flattening of the curve. Things are going to get a lot worse very quickly. We are going to see double the number of cases next week, and then double that the week after. It's going to be hitting our health system substantially. We will know that when the ICU beds are full."
    - Doesn't expect NRL to be able to return to action this season

    Also hearing through my contacts here in NZ that they don't expect to open their borders here internationally for at least 6 months. Unless Australia get their shit together soon, they won't be top of the list of countries we would open up our borders to in a hurry.

    The Federal and State government system in Australia shows real weakness at times like this, things fall through the gaps, hair dressers remain open and the country doesn't go into full lock down. In NZ the decision is just with the PM, can get things done that need to happen. In Australia they aren't taking the necessary steps and their recovery will take much longer.

    NZ's approach at this point is about eradication of the virus (no where for it to go). If this is effective, the general population becomes more vulnerable to the outside (COVID-19 carrying) world. In which case I believe the borders will stay closed until either:
    A/ A vaccine is developed and applied to a critical mass of the population (creating local herd immunity)
    B/ The outside world gets enough herd immunity for it to stop.
    Either way, hard to see the borders being reopened this year. Definitely can't forsee any NRL games being played here.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatic

    Posts : 11246
    Reputation : 4088
    Join date : 2016-01-08
    Location : Fantasy Island

    NRL Fantasy 2020 part 21 - The one with all the missing TBs - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 part 21 - The one with all the missing TBs

    Post by my tv broke on Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:13 pm

    @easytiger wrote:

    NZ's approach at this point is about eradication of the virus (no where for it to go). If this is effective, the general population becomes more vulnerable to the outside (COVID-19 carrying) world. In which case I believe the borders will stay closed until either:
    A/ A vaccine is developed and applied to a critical mass of the population (creating local herd immunity)
    B/ The outside world gets enough herd immunity for it to stop.
    Either way, hard to see the borders being reopened this year. Definitely can't forsee any NRL games being played here.

    Australia should really follow the same path as NZ. Then the borders between the two could be re-opened sooner
    mattnz
    mattnz

    Posts : 3619
    Reputation : 984
    Join date : 2018-03-11

    NRL Fantasy 2020 part 21 - The one with all the missing TBs - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 part 21 - The one with all the missing TBs

    Post by mattnz on Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:32 pm

    @easytiger wrote:

    NZ's approach at this point is about eradication of the virus (no where for it to go). If this is effective, the general population becomes more vulnerable to the outside (COVID-19 carrying) world. In which case I believe the borders will stay closed until either:
    A/ A vaccine is developed and applied to a critical mass of the population (creating local herd immunity)
    B/ The outside world gets enough herd immunity for it to stop.
    Either way, hard to see the borders being reopened this year. Definitely can't forsee any NRL games being played here.
    Agree. if everyone did it at the same time it could work, but needs to remain isolated until one of the above conditions is met.
    If everyone else gets hits hard and nz comes out early and virus free, can see great opportunities for the nz economy to pull out of this, as one of very few places in the world that will have a stable, able work force. The way things are looking in china they are likely to pull out of the spiral quickly too.
    code delta
    code delta

    Posts : 2558
    Reputation : 1255
    Join date : 2016-05-05

    NRL Fantasy 2020 part 21 - The one with all the missing TBs - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 part 21 - The one with all the missing TBs

    Post by code delta on Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:38 pm

    @Revraiser wrote:

    Cheers mate,   but I actually mean the way is super is setup.. Not at all cashing it in. When I said switch to a cash focused super I just am referring to how it is invested. If like most it is heavily market/share based then u would be copping  the losses, but u could switch it to a safer cash type and generate smaller ups but smaller downs. Trick is u have to time the rise again in this current corona scenario.

    Surely a lot here have super accounts ?

    As MS mentioned changing know sets the loses in stone. You really just have to take the long term view and wait it out.
    The time to change things was a couple of months back. My wife has more super than me and we change hers to 80% cash 3 months back. We will be changing some of that back to balanced growth once things have stabilized.
    easytiger
    easytiger

    Posts : 47
    Reputation : 27
    Join date : 2020-01-27

    NRL Fantasy 2020 part 21 - The one with all the missing TBs - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 part 21 - The one with all the missing TBs

    Post by easytiger on Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:53 pm

    @my tv broke wrote:

    Australia should really follow the same path as NZ. Then the borders between the two could be re-opened sooner

    That would certainly be ideal. But I suspect NZ are really on the borderline of being too late, and Australia seems to be a fair bit further advanced in infected distribution but behind legislatively.

    If both countries did manage to eradicate the virus through isolation, then it's plausible to essentially join bubbles as long as their external border controls matched. I would think getting to that would be pretty tentative add neither country would want to risk going backwards or having to repeat isolation.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

    Posts : 355
    Reputation : 176
    Join date : 2019-02-03

    NRL Fantasy 2020 part 21 - The one with all the missing TBs - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 part 21 - The one with all the missing TBs

    Post by The Pascoe Fiasco on Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:20 pm

    @Blain wrote:

    Yeah there aren't too many dickheads in the side, Blair is niggly on field for sure, but is generally highly regarded by all off it. I think a great coach could do great things at our club, but sadly we've been let down by owners/managements decisions. Peter O'Sullivan is around working magic, as we've seen with Katoa and even JTB already. Most of his work to date is in the juniors squad, which will take several years to bare fruit.
    Sorry to change subjects, but is that Avatar the picture of Russ pissing in his pants just before kickoff?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog

    Posts : 7738
    Reputation : 1551
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : New Zealand

    NRL Fantasy 2020 part 21 - The one with all the missing TBs - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 part 21 - The one with all the missing TBs

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog on Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:23 pm

    @The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:
    Sorry to change subjects, but is that Avatar the picture of Russ pissing in his pants just before kickoff?

    Definitely looks like a trickle! Hehe
    Honeysett
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 6195
    Reputation : 2471
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Age : 32
    Location : Scarborough

    NRL Fantasy 2020 part 21 - The one with all the missing TBs - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 part 21 - The one with all the missing TBs

    Post by Honeysett on Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:34 pm

    Knights have apparently signed Tyson Frizzell.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog

    Posts : 7738
    Reputation : 1551
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : New Zealand

    NRL Fantasy 2020 part 21 - The one with all the missing TBs - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 part 21 - The one with all the missing TBs

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog on Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:35 pm

    @Honeysett wrote:Knights have apparently signed Tyson Frizzell.

    For next season? Or the end of this one?

    Or whatever’s happening
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

    Posts : 355
    Reputation : 176
    Join date : 2019-02-03

    NRL Fantasy 2020 part 21 - The one with all the missing TBs - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 part 21 - The one with all the missing TBs

    Post by The Pascoe Fiasco on Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:44 pm

    Can anyone remember what happened to the previous viruses? SARS and Bird Flu etc were also going to go crazy then they just disappeared. It would appear that if no vaccine comes around then we are going to have to expect that the only thing that will get any country back to anything approaching normal is by most of the population actually getting the disease and building up an immunity. This unfortunately will result in a very large death toll, but it will work eventually. I work in a hospital so I assume it is only a matter of time before I get it. I am not all that worried really. The kids should be fine if they get it. Of course a vaccine would avoid all of this, but that is a year to 18 months away. I feel for all those people who are out of work. This shit is going to go on for a very long time. I just can’t see how so many people can stay out of work and pay their bills, put food on the table etc. Eventually we are all going to come out of these lock downs out of necessity. I would much rather prefer to risk the virus than starve or lose my house etc. on a brighter note, got some toilet paper today! Who’d have thought 3 months ago how exciting it could be to find toilet paper in your supermarket! It’s amazing just how shit life has become in the last 8 weeks. Good luck everybody, and make sure you check on your friends and neighbours!

      Current date/time is Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:46 pm