NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NSW Blues

Dip

NSW Blues - Page 4 Empty Re: NSW Blues

Post by Dip Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:02 pm

As a Queenslander I'm surprised about some of the calls by supporters (not universal calls, but call by some of you):
    1. Dropping Hoffman and Merrin? Hoffman's been one of your best and Merrin's been okay.
    2. Jennings and J Morris should be clearly first in line for the centre spots. For a number of years we've had by far the best backline, but in the last 2 or 3 season's our centres haven't dominated due to the effect of those guys. I like Roberts, but, and I say this as a Broncos supporter, I want to see it a couple of years in a row before I anoint him the next big thing. Yeah he's an attacking weapon, but I have no qualms with him at right centre up against Inglis. Not sure I'd say the same in reverse if I was a NSW'man. He might fight for a wing spot with a few others (B Moz is a lock).
    3. Pearce. Lol. Years later and we QLDers still find it funny that people are talking about picking him.
    4. Josh Reynolds isn't up to origin standard. Neither is Blake Austin. Adam Reynolds I think rides on the coat tales of other players, but I'd prefer to give him a chance and see what he can do, particularly seeing how important the kicking game is in origin.

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:23 pm

Your Name wrote:Or why say anything when you can remain silent and he goes away gets treatment, plays well for the Roosters and is then picture boy of redemption getting picked for the Blues.

People are arguing it was a private party in someone's home, that he was hard done by, set up, some scumbag looking for a pay day took advantage of him.

I wish I could be confident as you guys. I just think the silence is worrying than an ass covering exercise by Daly.

It'll be amazing watching it in the media across both states if he does get selected.

NSW news : Redemption story

QLD news: Disgraced star "handed" Blues jumper

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:31 pm

Honeysett wrote:

Yeah Peats would be next and Cook is from NSW.

No love for Rein or Lichaa?

I don't see why so so so much love for Cook he's only played 9 games in 4 years and 7 games with a massive forward pack.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:49 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:

No love for Rein or Lichaa?

I don't see why so so so much love for Cook he's only played 9 games in 4 years and 7 games with a massive forward pack.

I don't rate Rein at all, dummy dummy always passes to flat footed players and doesn't get the set rolling fast enough.

Lichaa is one to watch for sure.

Cook if he continues the way he has could fit the Craig Wing mould that NSW seem hell bent on replicating.

As for the challenge lads, that'd be great. I was thinking along the same lines when I first did them. An all NSW banner would really give this place some much needed class. However it's ultimately up to @random

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:51 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:
    No love for Rein or Lichaa Mann?

You obviously missed my post a little while back in the NRL Fantasy thread Razz
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:55 pm

Dip wrote:As a Queenslander I'm surprised about some of the calls by supporters (not universal calls, but call by some of you):
    1. Dropping Hoffman and Merrin? Hoffman's been one of your best and Merrin's been okay.
    2. Jennings and J Morris should be clearly first in line for the centre spots. For a number of years we've had by far the best backline, but in the last 2 or 3 season's our centres haven't dominated due to the effect of those guys. I like Roberts, but, and I say this as a Broncos supporter, I want to see it a couple of years in a row before I anoint him the next big thing. Yeah he's an attacking weapon, but I have no qualms with him at right centre up against Inglis. Not sure I'd say the same in reverse if I was a NSW'man. He might fight for a wing spot with a few others (B Moz is a lock).
    3. Pearce. Lol. Years later and we QLDers still find it funny that people are talking about picking him.
    4. Josh Reynolds isn't up to origin standard. Neither is Blake Austin. Adam Reynolds I think rides on the coat tales of other players, but I'd prefer to give him a chance and see what he can do, particularly seeing how important the kicking game is in origin.

You either play Merrin for larger minutes or replace him with an impact player, the way he's used now is a waste of a spot and I don't believe he's that good in a rep jersey.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:02 am

Dip wrote:As a Queenslander I'm surprised about some of the calls by supporters (not universal calls, but call by some of you):

1. Merrin and particularly Hoffman can certainly hold their heads up. I do think there is a couple of good prospects coming through the ranks e.g. Cartwright, Wade Graham, Frizell and I guess people are expecting them to step up ahead of these other blokes eventually e.g. similar to Ash Harrison, Dallas Johnson etc. eventually moving out of the QLD team.
    2. Agreed
    3. I think my thoughts on Pearce are well known by now.
    4. Josh Reynolds could be but needs to cut the shit out of his game. Pearce and Maloney are streets ahead of the others.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:13 am

Bren wrote:Yeah NSW have some amazing talent coming through the ranks. I wouldnt be surprised if they won a few years in a row in the future. I dont see them reaching the heights of the current QLD squad however.
    Then we'd have to put up with the "death of origin' statements that come out whenever we manage to win a couple of games on the trot.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:57 am

1 & 2 - 100% agreed, all 4 should be certs

3 & 4, its easy to say jrey and pearce aren't origin standard if you consider thurston and cronk origin standard but if you consider their competition which is hodko/mullen/maloney/austin/arey etc then on their good days, both are still options. halves are still a massive weakness for us, i think hodko's solid play get him a game 1 shot but who partners him is strictly on form

i've always rated mullen, he just always gets injured, daley loves a club combo, if newy have some success early and mullen is healthy and inform, i think a mullen/hodko combo is possible which i wouldn't mind
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:10 am

hooker really does look like a weak position moving forward

Peats is probably the only option i like but needs to be more consistent and stay healthy.

Rein is alright, lichaa is a step below rein atm, as a little more potential imo but still aint no superstar

Koroisau may develop enough to be an option, maybe some other young player will debut in the next year and give us hope lol

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:16 am

So how long until Radradra plays for NSW?
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:25 am

Play a haf back at hooker.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:30 am

Bren wrote:So how long until Radradra plays for NSW?
    Is he eligible? If Cherrington kicks on the way Tigers fans hope he could solve the hooker problem as well if eligible.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:34 am

i think while it may be eligible for australia now, he still won't be able to play for nsw due to playing no junior footy here

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:34 am

Krump wrote:
    Is he eligible? If Cherrington kicks on the way Tigers fans hope he could solve the hooker problem as well if eligible.
    Im sure NSW will find a way.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:37 am

NSW Blues - Page 4 Cover170x170
    Bren wrote:
    Im sure NSW will find a way.
    Hypocrite
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:41 am

Cherrington is a Kiwi, my memory is starting to slip in my old age.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:55 am

Krump wrote:NSW Blues - Page 4 Cover170x170

Hypocrite
    Now thats the pot calling the kettle black Laughing
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:12 am

Bren wrote:
    Now thats the pot calling the kettle black Laughing

Cinoveceva

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:09 am

Your Name wrote:

Cinoveceva
    Didnt his parents move to Redcliffe before he turned 1? Also attended school there and played junior footy for the Redcliffe Dolphins.

Embarassed Lol

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:17 am