NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 16 - David Fifita broke Valentine Holmes ankles

Moanaman
    Moanaman

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 16 - David Fifita broke Valentine Holmes ankles - Page 14 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 16 - David Fifita broke Valentine Holmes ankles

Post by Moanaman Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:47 pm

I'm 499/9 (C) if we're not including Bench It's 406/6 (C)

BTW which one of you Fucks is responsible for me picking Stimson!
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 16 - David Fifita broke Valentine Holmes ankles - Page 14 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 16 - David Fifita broke Valentine Holmes ankles

Post by White Lightning Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:48 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:I want to offer a differing opinion if for nothing else than to play devils advocate and to break the hive mind of advice on here. My disclaimer is that there are much smarter fantasy minds around whose advice will be contrary to this, so take everything than grain of salt that this is just some nobodies fantasy opinions.

The consensus is to play it cool, keep a level head and don’t go chasing last weeks fantasy scores. I am advocating to be aggressive and take some risks. Sure, Stimson will probably come good and eek out the 40 points per game we were expecting but he will now take an extra week to turn a profit and then  find those gains exceedingly slower than some alternatives. Horsburgh has risky job security, but if he keeps posting 60s he will make $150k in the next three rounds and possibly be upgradeable to a gun before Bateman comes back and he loses his spot (Or maybe he keeps the lock role and is a season keeper- not entirely off the cards). I am all about saving trades but an early aggressive game is important too, chasing Hors is not just chasing last weeks points but chasing his value and imminent price prises. Stimson might be a good cow yet, but if a MUCH better prospect comes along to net you more points and better gains than I think it’s worth taking. This isn’t a “swapping Stimson for Carty because he bested his BE by 8 points instead of just missing it” sideways scenerio- Horsburgh played 62 minutes of lock and scored 27 points above his breakeven. The only risk I can see is Bateman returning early, but that’s chance I’ll take. Hors HAS to come into my team at this point, and whilst I may yet have a bigger flop to do it (say, Esy E only gets 40 mins), if there is no better candidate than Stimson will make way more matter how much it is true that he will “come good”.

Tl;dr- Stimson becomes Horsburgh at lockout for me

That's what I'm weighing up Stimson to Horsburgh. I believe in aggressive early trading. The problem I have is only 8k bank so how I make that trade work is difficult.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:54 pm

Moanaman wrote:I'm 499/9 (C) if we're not including Bench It's 406/6 (C)

BTW which one of you Fucks is responsible for me picking Stimson!
    That would be you
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:59 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:I want to offer a differing opinion if for nothing else than to play devils advocate and to break the hive mind of advice on here. My disclaimer is that there are much smarter fantasy minds around whose advice will be contrary to this, so take everything with a grain of salt that this is just some nobodies fantasy opinions.

The consensus is to play it cool, keep a level head and don’t go chasing last weeks fantasy scores. I am advocating to be aggressive and take some risks. Sure, Stimson will probably come good and eek out the 40 points per game we were expecting but he will now take an extra week to turn a profit and then  find those gains exceedingly slower than some alternatives. Horsburgh has risky job security, but if he keeps posting 60s he will make $150k in the next three rounds and possibly be upgradeable to a gun before Bateman comes back and he loses his spot (Or maybe he keeps the lock role and is a season keeper- not entirely off the cards). I am all about saving trades but an early aggressive game is important too, chasing Hors is not just chasing last weeks points but chasing his value and imminent price prises. Stimson might be a good cow yet, but if a MUCH better prospect comes along to net you more points and better gains than I think it’s worth taking. This isn’t a “swapping Stimson for Carty because he bested his BE by 8 points instead of just missing it” sideways scenerio- Horsburgh played 62 minutes of lock and scored 27 points above his breakeven. The only risk I can see is Bateman returning early, but that’s chance I’ll take. Hors HAS to come into my team at this point, and whilst I may yet have a bigger flop to do it (say, Esy E only gets 40 mins), if there is no better candidate then Stimson will have to make way no matter how much it is true that he will “come good”.

Tl;dr- Stimson becomes Horsburgh at lockout for me
    Only way I could get Hors in is to downgrade Aubbo to Watkins and then upgrade Stimson to Hors.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:01 pm

White Lightning wrote:

That's what I'm weighing up Stimson to Horsburgh. I believe in aggressive early trading. The problem I have is only 8k bank so how I make that trade work is difficult.
    I’m in the same boat mate.

I hope Aubbs does play centre tonight to give me the excuse to downgrade him and go Stinson to Hors.

Watkins looked so good and has good job security. He scored his points mainly in base stats too which is a very good sign. Playing outside Carty, Watkins will see lots of ball.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:11 pm

mattnz wrote:
    That would be you

Totally agree

Friendly reminder we are all responsible for our own picks
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:11 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Only way I could get Hors in is to downgrade Aubbo to Watkins and then upgrade Stimson to Hors.

See I wouldn’t do that. That’s just tearing your team apart to get him. You picked Aubbs Love because you think he will stay in the second row, in which case he will score significantly higher than Watkins over the season. You might be trading out a centre gun for a cash cow, and that’s just ludicrous.

Last edited by Pookus McFly on Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:12 pm

Pangai grade 2..4 to 6 weeks due to priors.....
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:13 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

See I wouldn’t do that. That’s just tearing your team apart to get him. You picked Aubbs:love: because you think he will stay in the second row, in which case he will score significantly higher than Watkins over the season. You might be trading out a centre gun for a cash cow, and that’s just ludicrous.
    Not if Aubbs plays centre tonight and scores 15 it’s not.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:14 pm

my tv broke wrote:Pangai grade 2..4 to 6 weeks due to priors.....
    Source?
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:15 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Not if Aubbs plays centre tonight and scores 15 it’s not.
     Yes and no. If you think he is going to get the second row position over Angus once Morris comes than you need to stick with him. But if you didn’t think that, then why on Earth would you pick him in the first place? Hoping for two games on the edge?
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:15 pm

Glenn slots straight into the edge and Haas plays 80 again....
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:16 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:
     Yes and no. If you think he is going to get the second row position over Angus once Morris comes than you need to stick with him. But if you didn’t think that, then why on Earth would you pick him in the first place? Hoping for two games on the edge?
    I picked him as a gamble hoping it pays off.

No idea what Robbo does.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:17 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Glenn slots straight into the edge and Haas plays 80 again....

Rumour glenn will miss a few more weeks.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:18 pm

my tv broke wrote:

A 60 minute Flegler becomes very interesting in that case
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:19 pm

my tv broke wrote:

How does the pack look then with no Lodge, Glenn, TPJ or Ofa next week!
    Thickshake
    Thickshake

Post by Thickshake Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:19 pm

White Lightning wrote:

Yeah it's tricky, an undervalued guy as involved as Horsburgh is almost definitely going to pan out better than Stimson, but where to come up with extra 100K.

My best option I can see is Friend>Levi, but I've already decided that I can't see Levi scoring much better than he has in the past. Lomax>Kennedy another option with Wiliame on field, but not seeing the job security panning out for Kennedy. Brailey>rookie maybe, but I don't like that at all.

Think at the end of the day I'm just going to hope Stimson comes good and back the rest of my squad which I'm pretty happy with at this stage. Choosing Stimson over Sua might end up being the main regret, see how involved Sua is on the right.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:20 pm

Wow. If season continues, Haas and Fifita set for 80 each week
    trubluwanksta
    trubluwanksta

Post by trubluwanksta Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:21 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    How does the pack look then with no Lodge, Glenn, TPJ or Ofa next week!

Hopoate more mins?

Post by Guest Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:24 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Hello Flegler

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:10 pm