NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 39 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

Post by Rabbits21 Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:37 pm

On Tuesday Night I’ll be home from work around 8:30pm!

After that it’s gonna be a long night!
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 39 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

Post by standard-issue Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:38 pm

Holy Moly wrote:i stopped playing SC because I hated the visual design of the website and found it cumbersome to use.

Agreed.  The DT and SC interface's absolutely shit me tears to personally.  I play DT every year and I know the interface is almost identical to SC, but have never gotten past 1 Round in SC.  Maybe it's a combination of the interface AND the scoring that puts me off it.  I haven't signed up for maybe 3 years now.

Last edited by standard-issue on Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:38 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Warriors centres will be Hiku and the Fus.
    I’m just hoping for a cheapie at centre/wfb, let me dream still!
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:41 pm

My thoughts on Fantasy and SC

Fantasy has position break down better
    Combining wingers with fullbacks rather then centres
    Having halves as 1 position rather than separating five-eighth from halfback
    These both make a better team design.

Ranked subs is much better than the lowest scorer AE system. Would prefer it without the loophole though. But I think it should always be preferable to have a player than scores points over a player who doesn't.

The fantasy platform is terrible from a reliability point of view, but the SC platform loses big points for its gameday function. I can not see the current scorers of my players on the same screen that I use to make changes to my lineup. It's massively confusing. But at least you can trust that SC functionality exists so they win points there.

I don't really care which is "easier". If one was actually easier to win, I'd play that one and win it. In that sense SC is harder because more people play it.

I think the differences between scoring are overrated. The best players are basically the same in both comps. If anything, SC does a better job of making all positions equal making it so that backs can contribute as much as forwards. To increase the value of backs, Fantasy bumped TBs up to be worth 3 each, over valuing them, and making it more annoying when dubious ones don't get paid. But with 2 point TBs all the good fullbacks and wingers would be crap.

I prefer the scoring of the original VNRL - now replicated by NNRL/NRLCEO and I care more about these comps than fantasy/SC. I play fantasy for the community rather than the love of the comp itself.
    Speaking fo which, my NNRL comp drafts tonight O I have to go prepare.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:50 pm

I do have a giggle at my own team drafting... as soon as TLT hits, I’m going to hit Clear and first 2 names in my team (who I already know today are starting, but don’t own) ie. Cook/Smith, TLolo will go straight into my spine with Haas.

Bring on the cheapies named! gun cow

Main things I’m otherwise looking out for;
    - Grant to not be named on the bench (will steer me from Cook to Smith)
    - DFifita starting or bench? I’m only really interested if he’s at least a chance of 80
    - Tracey, Magoulias (or both). I don’t really want Brailey, but will if they somehow both miss or Magoulias only
    - Wiliame or Averillo make the wing, and did it mean DPP? I need an 18-21 WFB/CTR DPP
    - where’s Stimson and what does the pack look like? I might still go with him in 14-17
    - Whats the bench look like for Liam Knight. Bench is weaker, but first 13 stronger with Carrigan starting
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:53 pm

What’s everyone else's top 5 priorities or things/players you’re looking out for on Tuesday?
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:59 pm

Cookie Monster wrote:With B/L's Survivor game we probably already have enough side competitions as is, but I thought I would throw this out there anyway. Would anyone be interested in a "how well do you know the fantasy credentials of your fellow Fanatics" tipping competition?

Very simply, you would select a Fanatic from each one of our ranked leagues (maybe just the top 12 leagues) and their scores over the season would constitute your overall score. Obviously, the highest overall scoring entrant wins. As part of this comp, I see a transfer window after every 6 rounds where you could punt one (maybe two?) underperforming Fanatic and pick up another from the same ranked league.

If you have an opinion on this please vote

(Upvote)   This is a terrible idea.

(Downvote)   Sounds OK. I might enter.

Could do a draft version instead/as well?

I’m in.

Unlike predictor, do this via DM so our fantasy fantasy manager teams only get published once round 1 kicks off.

Rule that you can or can’t pick yourself? I’d opt for latter. More interesting

Scrap the trade window though. Needs to be set and forget... or forget it

Fantasy NRL really needs a Hall of Fame or history type thing that fantasyfootballscout has for FPL

Do we have enough history on here/sportal to at least create a hall of fame thread as a sticky, for recent years?

I’m thinking mainly about giving people some tools to review to make this more fun again
    Thickshake
    Thickshake

Post by Thickshake Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:03 pm

GreenMachine wrote:What’s everyone else's top 5 priorities or things/players you’re looking out for on Tuesday?

Absolute chaos. Most of the hype players don't get their expected position leading to mass panic and a chance to find more of an edge. That'd be great. No more than 3-4 decent cheapies would also be fantastic.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:03 pm

VERTiiGO wrote:watching this supercoach show on fox... always wondered why the official NRL fantasy game always get overshadowed by the telegraphs second rate version?

Prizemoney mate

The NRL have done a pitiful job of managing the sponsorship and funding of the official game.
    It’s a shame
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:04 pm

GreenMachine wrote:
    - Grant to not be named on the bench (will steer me from Cook to Smith)
    He'll be in the 21 for sure

- DFifita starting or bench? I’m only really interested if he’s at least a chance of 80

He'll start round 1 given Lodge, Ofahenguaue, Glenn all out. Have to take a putn on what he'll be like going forward

- Tracey, Magoulias (or both). I don’t really want Brailey, but will if they somehow both miss or Magoulias only
    One of them will be there. probably both in the 21

- Wiliame or Averillo make the wing, and did it mean DPP? I need an 18-21 WFB/CTR DPP

If they are named there, and not deemed to be short term injury cover, then they'll get DPP
    Williams would be better, as if Averillo makes it, it will probably just be short term injury cover.

- where’s Stimson and what does the pack look like? I might still go with him in 14-17

I'd love it if Stimson started, but I think we all have to prepare for the fact that its not going to happen

- Whats the bench look like for Liam Knight. Bench is weaker, but first 13 stronger with Carrigan starting

Don't think the bench will tell you the important info (ie how Murray will be used, and how many minutes Knight will end up)
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:20 pm

Milchcow wrote:

He'll start round 1 given Lodge, Ofahenguaue, Glenn all out. Have to take a putn on what he'll be like going forward

If they are named there, and not deemed to be short term injury cover, then they'll get DPP
    Williams would be better, as if Averillo makes it, it will probably just be short term injury cover.

I'd love it if Stimson started, but I think we all have to prepare for the fact that its not going to happen

Don't think the bench will tell you the important info (ie how Murray will be used, and how many minutes Knight will end up)

Ah yeah a timely reminder about that extended bench nonsense.

Need to remind myself of which coaches are pretty reliable with first 17
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:23 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Agree with all of this.

I am most looking for quality cheap CTRs and WFBs or duals that can cover both and appear to have some job security, then the rest of the team structure is much simpler to manage for what I would like to do with the team. A lack of them makes it really difficult to have decent coverage.

Really interested to see how Sharks line up with lots of uncertainty on players being out already and others being questionable. Hopefully it gives some clues on the pecking order and likely minutes going forwards.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:25 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

I think the conclusion that everyone arrived to was that there is no correct, it’s just personal opinion. Someone gave theirs, I reciprocated with mine, you have given yours. There is no right or wrong it’s all subjective preference. The double edge to this is that your opinion also is not correct. And for the record, I will lock in Haas as my captain in both NRLF and SC, so keep your strawman arguments out of this.

Pretty much!

Thickshake wrote:Loving this pre TLT lull, all the serial posters of endless team iterations have worn themselves out and the analysis is pretty much exhausted as well, finally been able to catch up.

Fantasy is more predictable (relatively) and therefore you can be confident that doing your homework and making rational decisions can give you a big advantage on the casual player. Supercoach is a little wilder but the rewards are greater. At the end of the day neither of them will ever be won by an absolute noob so I reckon just enjoy playing both and make the most of what is on offer. These days I mostly treat these things as a chance to keep my knowledge sharp for DFS on Moneyball and Draftstars where I make actual money, rather than the pipe dream of winning these competitions (of course I still hope to achieve that also).

Anyway, I don't contribute much because I'm a farmer who also puts equal effort into fantasy for AFL, Golf, Cricket and NFL, but I massively appreciate the analysis and opinions of a lot of great posters on this forum. Good luck to everyone for the 2020 season!

Don't even get me started on garbage the fantasy AFL platform was last year. Not even sure ill give it a chance this year.

And agreed that noobs will win neither.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:43 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

I think the conclusion that everyone arrived to was that there is no correct, it’s just personal opinion. Someone gave theirs, I reciprocated with mine, you have given yours. There is no right or wrong it’s all subjective preference. The double edge to this is that your opinion also is not correct. And for the record, I will lock in Haas as my captain in both NRLF and SC, so keep your strawman arguments out of this.

Great to see that your conclusion is what I told you in the first post I made. I like your ability to rebut my comments yet somehow agree with them in a way that places you in some false sense of superiority. Your pretentiousness is unprecedented, congratulations.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:45 pm

Badum1
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:53 pm

GreenMachine wrote:What’s everyone else's top 5 priorities or things/players you’re looking out for on Tuesday?

Brimson, Drinkwater. Will they be over their injuries?

Hess. Will he be named to start 2rf?

Sharks. Generally - so many potential unknowns with their injury issues.

Knights. Ctrs - which cheapies get the nod?

South's. Bench makeup - both in terms of cheapies and how it impacts Knight and possibly Murray.
    Showbag
    Showbag

Post by Showbag Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:06 pm

Any interest in Josh Morris at Fullback?
    KingTeddy
    KingTeddy

Post by KingTeddy Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:09 pm

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/03/08/tui-can-fill-nelsons-big-shoes-bromwich/

Looks like NAS could miss round 1.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:20 pm

KalkadoonWarrior wrote:

Great to see that your conclusion is what I told you in the first post I made. I like your ability to rebut my comments yet somehow agree with them in a way that places you in some false sense of superiority. Your pretentiousness is unprecedented, congratulations.

Thank goodness we have you to tell us all how awful the positive, engaged, friendly members of the forum really are. Your guidance on constructive debate is invaluable.

I mean, imagine you didn’t contribute! We’d just be sitting around and not abusing anyone! Not even if they could communicate clearly and took an anti-Domestic Violence stance!

hastag blessed
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:23 pm

Lads focus on the fantasy chat, no one gives a shit about the dick measuring.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:08 am