NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 10

RandomSil
    RandomSil

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 10 - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 10

Post by RandomSil Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:46 am

Drifterspence wrote:Anyone seriously considering running with two gun Halfs?

I am tossing up between these

A: Brimson, Aubo and Host (bench) or
    B Cleary, Shibasaki and Kolomotangi (or any 228k)

Thoughts?

There are quite a few people running Moses/Cleary this year so no problem with it. I like the one that avoids the Host debate.
    KingTeddy
    KingTeddy

Post by KingTeddy Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:52 am

RandomSil wrote:

There are quite a few people running Moses/Cleary this year so no problem with it. I like the one that avoids the Host debate.

I am running Cleary and Moses off the bat and have a balanced team around them. After watching that Parrra vs Panthers trial on the weekend I couldn't go without one of them so I made a draft with both of them and at the moment it is working out really well.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:55 am

KingTeddy wrote:
    RandomSil wrote:

I am running Cleary and Moses off the bat and have a balanced team around them. After watching that Parrra vs Panthers trial on the weekend I couldn't go without one of them so I made a draft with both of them and at the moment it is working out really well.

That should be fine then, there is a lot of midprice guys with value but no super cheap guys. So its not like you are losing a lot of value if you build around those two.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:58 am

League 11, whose team is "The Enigma Riddle"? You've changed your team name without notifying us (well me at least) Which user are you? It's hard figuring it out sober let alone after wines. Beer Beer Beer Very Happy
    The Bludger
    The Bludger

Post by The Bludger Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:02 am

Centre is a big ol' pain in the butt this year...I miss 2019 Batman & Niko set and forget. Cheapies are hit and miss, spending big $$ is an option - but Aubbs could Black Widow us all over again (especially with Morris in the background), Burns' hammy still gives me the Herbie-jeebies, Staggs looks promising, but can also have dud scores, Bird (is he injury free?), Lomax didn't instil much confidence based on his trial form, Watkins has Super League crew, but who knows what a Titans back will score when you look at their opening rounds...Aargh.
    Drifterspence
    Drifterspence

Post by Drifterspence Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:05 am

RandomSil wrote:

That should be fine then, there is a lot of midprice guys with value but no super cheap guys. So its not like you are losing a lot of value if you build around those two.

Really liking the look of my team with them both and feel like whoever i dont pick will go huge
    Speedball Deluxe
    Speedball Deluxe

Post by Speedball Deluxe Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:06 am

The Bludger wrote:

Isn't Drinky battling an injury? Pec or something...I could be wrong.
    Anyway, he's up against Clifford for the 5/8 spot at the Cows, at least you know Croft is the main playmaker at the Broncs.

Yes all true. The Drinkwater selection assumes he is named as starting no.6 come TLT, which I'd take it means Green has given him the nod over Clifford and that he is fit. I'm debating those two sets of players as Drinkwater is 130k cheaper than Croft with potential to score well I believe (outside of the missed tackle risk), and B.Brailey a higher chance of eventually playing 80mins than Walters. But, as you say Croft is the main playmaker now at the broncs. scratch I don't know. So far the poll says Croft+Walters, guess that's the way I'll go then Beer
    rjconner
    rjconner

Post by rjconner Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:08 am

Drifterspence wrote:Anyone seriously considering running with two gun Halfs?

I am tossing up between these

A: Brimson, Aubo and Host (bench) or
    B Cleary, Shibasaki and Kolomotangi (or any 228k)

Thoughts?
    Haha I currently have Cleary and Hunt in my halves... it’s defiantly something I’m very unsure about but might be a good difference compared to others combos, or it’ll just be a waste of a trade if it ends up being the Cleary and Moses show this year, if it’s a just a Moses show and Cleary becomes a top 5 that could go Shit for me too.
    trubluwanksta
    trubluwanksta

Post by trubluwanksta Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:09 am

Back 3? People going Pappy and two “potentials”? Right now I’ve got Pappy, Shibi and Aekins. Seems too thin. Staggs at centre and Hughes with Moses. 232K ITB too...
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:14 am

code delta wrote:Assuming Bird gets DPP is he a better gamble than Papy??
    And no, I can't get both of them in my team.

If I had to go with one I'd probably stick with Pappy, but I have expressed my fondness for Bird (in my CTR only though) and stand by that. Both probably score well and if anything it'd probably come down to the fact that Bird's more likely to get injured than Pappy... possibly. Though Pap had a couple of "niggles" last year, didn't he?
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:17 am

Drifterspence wrote:

Really liking the look of my team with them both and feel like whoever i dont pick will go huge

I've had both since day dot for the pure and simple reason I truly just can't pick between them. Origin for Cleary is the main reason I'd favour Moses if I had to, but I just think Cleary is going to kill it this year and am not willing to miss out on those points. So both it is for me.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:17 am

RandomSil wrote:

I have the first four you mentioned and it is a lot of Broncos but still good. Staggs looks really good, he is 37 point average in 80 minute games at CTR and with kicking could average 40 points. The only issue is it is very up and down his scores with some low ones. Only other issue is he had 11 tries in 18 games. Which is a decent strike rate.
    How many did he bomb with the line wide open in the same period?
    The Bludger
    The Bludger

Post by The Bludger Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:19 am

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:
    How many did he bomb with the line wide open in the same period?

Staggs is all class, and yes he bombed a heap of tries last year, he'll be better for that. I want him, but can't fit him in with so many Hooker / 2RF options.
    Speedball Deluxe
    Speedball Deluxe

Post by Speedball Deluxe Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:21 am

RandomSil wrote:

I am glad to see another on the Croft train with me.

I think my only reservation for not picking Croft would be as a Broncos fan not wanting to be watching the games cursing Milford for taking a 5th tackle kick off Croft even if it was a great kick for example. Would kinda be a constant pleasure / pain worrying about my fantasy score but also wanting Milford to play well as well as Croft so the team does well. I guess I could always trade out Croft if it becomes too much of a headache watching the games with him in my team.

Anyone else like that? Avoiding picking players from their favourite team for fear of not wanting fantasy to tarnish their game watching experience? Like if you're a Tigers fan and running Walters, and he only gets 40 mins, but Reynolds comes on to great impact for the team success, but at the detriment to Walters score?
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:25 am

Speedball Deluxe wrote:

I think my only reservation for not picking Croft would be as a Broncos fan not wanting to be watching the games cursing Milford for taking a 5th tackle kick off Croft even if it was a great kick for example. Would kinda be a constant pleasure / pain worrying about my fantasy score but also wanting Milford to play well as well as Croft so the team does well. I guess I could always trade out Croft if it becomes too much of a headache watching the games with him in my team.

Anyone else like that? Avoiding picking players from their favourite team for fear of not wanting fantasy to tarnish their game watching experience? Like if you're a Tigers fan and running Walters, and he only gets 40 mins, but Reynolds comes on to great impact for the team success, but at the detriment to Walters score?
    This is a big worry for players like Fifita. Comes out and does his job in the first 30 but then BHU comes on and dominates the middle and put sharks on the front foot giving Fifita maybe 15 in the second half instead of 25.

DISCLAIMER: I’m a storm supporter. Just using an example.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:30 am

The Bludger wrote:

Staggs is all class, and yes he bombed a heap of tries last year, he'll be better for that. I want him, but can't fit him in with so many Hooker / 2RF options.
    A bit tongue in cheek, but my point was not only did he score tries, but he also bombed them too. He has enormous potential. I already had him in my team waiting for Coates to be announced. Bloody Arthurs!
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:35 am

trubluwanksta wrote:Back 3? People going Pappy and two “potentials”? Right now I’ve got Pappy, Shibi and Aekins. Seems too thin. Staggs at centre and Hughes with Moses. 232K ITB too...

Currently Pappy, Turbo, Aekins.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:42 am

Speedball Deluxe wrote:

I feel you bro.
    Speedball Deluxe
    Speedball Deluxe

Post by Speedball Deluxe Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:50 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:
    This is a big worry for players like Fifita. Comes out and does his job in the first 30 but then BHU comes on and dominates the middle and put sharks on the front foot giving Fifita maybe 15 in the second half instead of 25.

DISCLAIMER: I’m a storm supporter. Just using an example.

Yeah perfect example. It doesn't really come into play for big min 2nd rowers, ctrs / FBs / Wingers as their jobs aren't really 'shared' as such from a fantasy standpoint, just forwards who get subbed and halves that aren't the clear dominant half.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:14 pm

Just trying to figure out where to spend the big bucks. Some chat about going big in the halves ie Moses and Cleary. Isn’t it better to do this at FB? A lot of people going Aitken, but surely Walters will score much more than him as your HB. So for instance going Turbo /Paps /Ponga?

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:33 pm