NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 6

    Mulvy
    Mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 9180
    Reputation : 3323
    Join date : 2016-01-26

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 6 - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 6

    Post by Mulvy on Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:39 pm

    @Lemmy KGB wrote:Hello Darkness, my old friend...

    Hello darkness my old friend
    I've found you in my team again
    Your forward stats have me believing
    But they tell a tale that is deceiving
    One good score in round one will have me in here bragging to you all,
    But should a centre fall,
    Then I'll be bound for silence
    Shooter McGavin
    Shooter McGavin

    Posts : 211
    Reputation : 25
    Join date : 2018-02-04

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 6 - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 6

    Post by Shooter McGavin on Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:47 pm

    Only picked McInnes as my first draft pick a few hours before his injury. Rough gig. For his sake and mine, I hope its a swift recovery.
    Mighty Fishes
    Mighty Fishes
    Moderator

    Posts : 7806
    Reputation : 2945
    Join date : 2015-08-01
    Age : 31
    Location : ><((((*>

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 6 - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 6

    Post by Mighty Fishes on Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:47 pm

    @Loomer wrote:

    Priced at 46 he appears tackle bot without much TB or offload game. Where is the value on edge?

    I think he;ll get a start at lock not the edge
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 12699
    Reputation : 6050
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 6 - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 6

    Post by Milchcow on Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:49 pm

    @White Lightning wrote:Both SC & VSDT have updated L. Knight to dpp frf/2fr......come on nrl fantasy play ball.

    Can't see Fantasy giving him DPP until he has at least played a trial game at lock.

    They've cracked down on DPP in recent years, and can't see them giving it away based on 1 speculative interview.

    The DPP we really want though is a 2RF option being given FRF. Nobody who is avoiding Knight at FRF is going to find him a good prospect at 2RF, so whilst its better than nothing, i don't think DPP is all that enticing for him
    Shooter McGavin
    Shooter McGavin

    Posts : 211
    Reputation : 25
    Join date : 2018-02-04

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 6 - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 6

    Post by Shooter McGavin on Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:51 pm

    @Milchcow wrote:

    Can't see Fantasy giving him DPP until he has at least played a trial game at lock.

    They've cracked down on DPP in recent years, and can't see them giving it away based on 1 speculative interview.

    The DPP we really want though is a 2RF option being given FRF. Nobody who is avoiding Knight at FRF is going to find him a good prospect at 2RF, so whilst its better than nothing, i don't think DPP is all that enticing for him

    If Walters lines up at Hooker this weekend can you see him getting DPP potentially?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 12699
    Reputation : 6050
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 6 - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 6

    Post by Milchcow on Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:53 pm

    @Shooter McGavin wrote:

    If Walters lines up at Hooker this weekend can you see him getting DPP potentially?

    Potentially.

    But again, its not a useful DPP for our purposes.
    If someone gets to the point where they need to start Walters at hooker, then their team is stuffed
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatic

    Posts : 16227
    Reputation : 3630
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 35
    Location : Brisbane

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 6 - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 6

    Post by wolfking on Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:53 pm

    @Mighty Fishes wrote:

    I think he;ll get a start at lock not the edge

    I'd back this too.
    Camo123
    Camo123

    Posts : 3119
    Reputation : 1205
    Join date : 2019-01-30

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 6 - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 6

    Post by Camo123 on Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:56 pm

    @wolfking wrote:

    I'd back this too.

    Butcher over Radley and Liu, not sure I can see that happening, particularly Radley

    Definitely rate Butcher as option, but hopefully see him drop some cash early on and then maybe be able to jump on him during Origin when he excels with good gametime. When he gets a full-time gig he's going to be must-have in the future
    Shooter McGavin
    Shooter McGavin

    Posts : 211
    Reputation : 25
    Join date : 2018-02-04

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 6 - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 6

    Post by Shooter McGavin on Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:57 pm

    @Milchcow wrote:

    Potentially.

    But again, its not a useful DPP for our purposes.
    If someone gets to the point where they need to start Walters at hooker, then their team is stuffed

    Hahaha, good point. Just need a Hooker to stand in for my draft team while Mcinnes is out. Only free agent potentials are really; Lovodua, Grant (pending swap), Jrey and Verrills. Could try and get a swap going with someone for an I.Luke, B.smith or Robson who are backups but no one really trusts my trades from previous dealings which were labelled a little dodgy.
    Loomer
    Loomer

    Posts : 3255
    Reputation : 662
    Join date : 2016-01-29

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 6 - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 6

    Post by Loomer on Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:01 pm

    @Mighty Fishes wrote:

    I think he;ll get a start at lock not the edge

    So he'll get 50 mins and score similar to average?
    robelgordo
    robelgordo

    Posts : 995
    Reputation : 376
    Join date : 2019-07-08

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 6 - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 6

    Post by robelgordo on Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:01 pm

    @Camo123 wrote:Update on Cameron McInnes via NRL Physio

    Likely 6-12 weeks out with medium to high grade (likely Grade 3) MCL injury

    Also Korbin Sims was cleared of arm fracture

    Interestingly NRL physio put up a table and pretty much all NRL players come back 6-8. But still out at start of season

    I suspect Cam Smith just got more popular.
    Loomer
    Loomer

    Posts : 3255
    Reputation : 662
    Join date : 2016-01-29

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 6 - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 6

    Post by Loomer on Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:03 pm

    Didn't realise Black Widow played last 10 at 2RF. 47 avg 12 above starting price. Must have at CTR with Crichton news?
    robelgordo
    robelgordo

    Posts : 995
    Reputation : 376
    Join date : 2019-07-08

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 6 - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 6

    Post by robelgordo on Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:03 pm

    Butchers price is gross, I don’t think you’d ever have the certainty around his role to justify him as a R1 start.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatic

    Posts : 11246
    Reputation : 4088
    Join date : 2016-01-08
    Location : Fantasy Island

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 6 - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 6

    Post by my tv broke on Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:04 pm

    I'm surprised there is that much interest in Walters. He's zippy as he showed at the 9s but he's pretty much never played hooker as far as i know.

    Even if Mbye sucks I would expect they'd use Reynolds there? They might split time 50/30 if Walters got a bench spot.
    Mighty Fishes
    Mighty Fishes
    Moderator

    Posts : 7806
    Reputation : 2945
    Join date : 2015-08-01
    Age : 31
    Location : ><((((*>

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 6 - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 6

    Post by Mighty Fishes on Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:04 pm

    @Loomer wrote:

    So he'll get 50 mins and score similar to average?

    Perfect! His average at lock is 53


    Last edited by Mighty Fishes on Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    robelgordo
    robelgordo

    Posts : 995
    Reputation : 376
    Join date : 2019-07-08

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 6 - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 6

    Post by robelgordo on Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:05 pm

    @my tv broke wrote:I'm surprised there is that much interest in Walters. He's zippy as he showed at the 9s but he's pretty much never played hooker as far as i know.

    Even if Mbye sucks I would expect they'd use Reynolds there? They might split time 50/30 if Walters got a bench spot.

    Do people realise he’s a 25yo?

    I’m half expecting the Tigers to try and make a desperation buy for a specialist hooker if Grant falls through
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatic

    Posts : 16227
    Reputation : 3630
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 35
    Location : Brisbane

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 6 - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 6

    Post by wolfking on Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:07 pm

    @Camo123 wrote:

    Butcher over Radley and Liu, not sure I can see that happening, particularly Radley

    Definitely rate Butcher as option, but hopefully see him drop some cash early on and then maybe be able to jump on him during Origin when he excels with good gametime. When he gets a full-time gig he's going to be must-have in the future

    I forgot about Radley. I'd still rate Butcher over him personally.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatic

    Posts : 11246
    Reputation : 4088
    Join date : 2016-01-08
    Location : Fantasy Island

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 6 - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 6

    Post by my tv broke on Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:09 pm

    https://www.qrl.com.au/news/2020/02/18/bennett-says-mago-will-thrive-after-earning-new-contract/

    Souths have given Mago to a 1 year deal.

    Thought he was solid at the Broncos when he got chances. Bennett has talked him up quite a bit in this article.. though unlikely to be fantasy relevant, might get 25 mins off the bench.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatic

    Posts : 16227
    Reputation : 3630
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 35
    Location : Brisbane

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 6 - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 6

    Post by wolfking on Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:10 pm

    @my tv broke wrote:https://www.qrl.com.au/news/2020/02/18/bennett-says-mago-will-thrive-after-earning-new-contract/

    Souths have given Mago to a 1 year deal.

    Thought he was solid at the Broncos when he got chances. Bennett has talked him up quite a bit in this article.. though unlikely to be fantasy relevant, might get 25 mins off the bench.

    Yeah he was pretty decent off the bench.
    Mighty Fishes
    Mighty Fishes
    Moderator

    Posts : 7806
    Reputation : 2945
    Join date : 2015-08-01
    Age : 31
    Location : ><((((*>

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 6 - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 6

    Post by Mighty Fishes on Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:13 pm

    I dont even think Mago is in the system

      Current date/time is Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:37 am