NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 4

mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 4 - Page 32 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 4

Post by mattnz Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:17 pm

My players over $600k Friend, Haas, Garner, Fifita, Cleary, Papy
    King Assassin
    King Assassin

Post by King Assassin Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:45 pm

KingTeddy wrote:

Thats an amazing list! Is your team up on the assistant coach? Interested to see how you fit them all into the team

It's not at the moment ill put it on there though
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:55 pm

Just tried putting together a team with a top tier gun in every position and whatever I could get for the rest:

McInnes
    Haas, Tetevano
    Taumalolo, Su'a, Stimson
    Cleary, Luai
    Mitchell, Milne
    Tedesco, Pappy, Brimson

To'omaga, Grant, Magoulis, Musgrove
    4x228k
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:00 pm

Just redid my side a bit to balance my halves, thoughts?

Friend
    Haas, Fotuaika
    D Fifita, J Williams, Su'A
    Moses, Croft
    Burns, Lomax
    Brimson, Papenhuyzen, Isaako

Grant, Brailey, Mikaele, Best

Luai, Curran, Magoulias, Koloamatangi

$5k ITB
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo

Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:04 pm

Bethany_B wrote:Just redid my side a bit to balance my halves, thoughts?

Friend
    Haas, Fotuaika
    D Fifita, J Williams, Su'A
    Moses, Croft
    Burns, Lomax
    Brimson, Papenhuyzen, Isaako

Grant, Brailey, Mikaele, Best

Luai, Curran, Magoulias, Koloamatangi

$5k ITB

Best is either in your starting CTRs or in your NPRs imo
    King Assassin
    King Assassin

Post by King Assassin Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:06 pm

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:19 pm

Mulvy wrote:@MTB

Is your price predictor calibrated with this year's magic number and starting prices or still going of last year?

@Mulvy

Should be correct for 2020 prices and magic number unless I have broken something.
    castlecrag sweethearts
    castlecrag sweethearts

Post by castlecrag sweethearts Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:28 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

Priced at 40 points I would need him to score 45+ to even consider him. I just don’t like how inconsistent his stats are, but of course you get that from a sample size of just 3. Sure 20 tackles seems good for his base, but how many run metres can I expect? 91, 53 or 21? Is the 6 TBs the more accurate reflection of his output or the 1 and the 2? I fully understand that all players have a wide range, but his price is quite high if it eventuates that he averages 40 RM and 2 TBs for a 38 average. He could be a great POD pick but for a similar price i’m picking up Croft

For a start Jarome Hughes is priced at 39. Secondly, you may consider that he may be more likely to score something like 50 as a average.

He played a big minutes in the halves in R13 where he scored 67 (Croft got injured) and R18, where he scored 63 (Papenhuyzen started at 5/8 and shifted to FB pretty early). He will have about 30-35 points just in base stats (kick metres, tackles, and run metres) before any attacking points come in to consideration. That and he will be one of the play makers for the Storm and have Papenhuyzen to work with.

Croft has gone from the Storm to the Broncos. No Smith, No Papy, No Munster to work off. Take time to gel with Isaako and Milford. Also he has a pretty dodgy floor in the halves.

Anyway, you don't have to see value there if you don't want to. But, I certainly do!

I think Jarome Hughes is a much surer option that Croft. Quite a bit under valued.

It is pretty easy to see how he could average 50 per week.

Last edited by castlecrag sweethearts on Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:31 pm

My 600+ players are now...

Hass, J Bateman, Lolo, Pappy and Turbo

I'm seeing no love for Bateman on this forum, did he hit on your sisters or something?

Last edited by Moanaman on Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:32 pm

Working on a draft with McInnes, Haas, Lolo and Moses. It's not pretty. I'm dreaming with Frankie Molo aren't I?
    castlecrag sweethearts
    castlecrag sweethearts

Post by castlecrag sweethearts Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:36 pm

SoylentGreen wrote:Just tried putting together a team with a top tier gun in every position and whatever I could get for the rest:

McInnes
    Haas, Tetevano
    Taumalolo, Su'a, Stimson
    Cleary, Luai
    Mitchell, Milne
    Tedesco, Pappy, Brimson

To'omaga, Grant, Magoulis, Musgrove
    4x228k

Not too bad, but you are unlikely to get 4 x 228 k players to cover injuries with and Milne is unlikely to start. I would also replace Tetevano with Mikaele. One of the key aspects of Guns and Cows is the Cows. Get the Cows wrong and you messed up the system.
    castlecrag sweethearts
    castlecrag sweethearts

Post by castlecrag sweethearts Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:37 pm

Mulvy wrote:Working on a draft with McInnes, Haas, Lolo and Moses. It's not pretty. I'm dreaming with Frankie Molo aren't I?

Yep, you don't even need us to tell you that!
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:38 pm

Moanaman wrote:My 600+ players are now...

Hass, J Bateman, Lolo, Pappy and Turbo

I'm seeing no love for Bateman on this forum, did he hit on your sisters or something?

Just had surgery on his shoulder. Hitting on to many mums
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:41 pm

castlecrag sweethearts wrote:

For a start Jarome Hughes is priced at 39. Secondly, you may consider that he may be more likely to score something like 50 as a average.

He played a big minutes in the halves in R13 where he scored 67 (Croft got injured) and R18, where he scored 63 (Papenhuyzen started at 5/8 and shifted to FB pretty early). He will have about 30-35 points just in base stats (kick metres, tackles, and run metres) before any attacking points come in to consideration. That and he will be one of the play makers for the Storm and have Papenhuyzen to work with.

Croft has gone from the Storm to the Broncos. No Smith, No Papy, No Munster to work off. Take time to gel with Isaako and Milford. Also he has a pretty dodgy floor in the halves.

Anyway, you don't have to see value there if you don't want to. But, I certainly do!

I think Jarome Hughes is a much surer option that Croft. Quite a bit under valued.

Well the round 13 game saw him score 2 tries and the round 18 game 3 try assists, which he may replicate whether consistently or periodically enough to increase his average or it may well be an anomaly. I am more about bankable stats (Tackles, RM and KM) when it comes to my halves. But that’s just the kind of fantasy player I am, to each his own. It’s not that I don’t see the potential in his value, I just see him as a risk. I always liked him when he was playing fullback for the Blackhawks but he never would have averaged close to 50 in the QCup so I have my doubts that will translate to the NRL even with a positional change. I think he will suffer from Smith and Munster hogging the ball between them just as Croft did. But my advice is that if you see the value in him when nobody else is talking about him then you definitely select him because that kind of undervalued POD will be a game changer if it pays off and only you have him.

The Croft pick is really all about the kick metres. Trials will tell us everything. If he takes almost all the kicks, then people will jump on board. If Milford is taking up his share then very few will select him. I think the game plan for Seibold will be for Croft to handle the kicking so that Milford is free to focus on his running game, just like Reynolds and Walker at Souths. But time will tell.

Last edited by Pookus McFly on Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:43 pm

Fortitude wrote:

Just had *Minor* surgery on his shoulder. Hitting on to many mums

He'll be there round 1.....

Also, fuck all else to do in Canberra than single Mums....
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:45 pm

Moanaman wrote:

He'll be there round 1.....

Also, fuck all else to do in Canberra than single Mums....

Hey, there’s mooseheads as well.
    castlecrag sweethearts
    castlecrag sweethearts

Post by castlecrag sweethearts Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:48 pm

my tv broke wrote:Im not saying they arent capable.. just that, if Haas is the guy to bust a 100 early on, youve got 2/3rds of the comp who are captaining him whove all got the jump on you. If you jag the guy who scores an early 100, well youre laughing. Its a big risk/reward thing

Im not even saying Haas is the right pick, just that hes a safer pick.

When Haas does manage to pop out on big score early on, I still wont be worried. Haas is going to have quite a few games where he will score a decent amount below 69. I have T'mololo in the mean time and quite a few undervalued players raking in the coin, which Haas will not do. Having Haas will make it harder to get T,mololo or a WFB CTR HLF or other gun. The 8 points or what ever it might be are simply not worth that.
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:49 pm

Fortitude wrote:

Hey, there’s mooseheads as well.

Doesn't Mooseheads and Single Mums go hand in hand?
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:52 pm

castlecrag sweethearts wrote:

Yep, you don't even need us to tell you that!

I mean, it's not completely terrible. I'd need him to get 40 minutes to score 10 above his price think. I think he'll get 35 minutes for about 33 points, 7 above his price, not the worst. BUT, if McGuire, Lolo or McLean go down he'll be in for a big upgrade, points and $. In another words, slow burn with some upside.
    castlecrag sweethearts
    castlecrag sweethearts

Post by castlecrag sweethearts Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:55 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

Well the round 13 game saw him score 2 tries and the round 18 game 3 try assists, which he may replicate whether consistently or periodically enough to increase his average or it may well be an anomaly. I am more about bankable stats (Tackles, RM and KM) when it comes to my halves. But that’s just the kind of fantasy player I am, to each his own. It’s not that I don’t see the potential in his value, I just see him as a risk. I always liked him when he was playing fullback for the Blackhawks but he never would have averaged close to 50 in the QCup so I have my doubts that will translate to the NRL even with a positional change. I think he will suffer from Smith and Munster hogging the ball between them just as Croft did. But my advice is that if you see the value in him when nobody else is talking about him then you definitely select him because that kind of undervalued POD will be a game changer if it pays off and only you have him.

The Croft pick is really all about the kick metres. Trials will tell us everything. If he takes almost all the kicks, then people will jump on board. If Milford is taking up his share then very few will select him. I think the game plan for Seibold will be for Croft to handle the kicking so that Milford is free to focus on his running game, just like Reynolds and Walker at Souths. But time will tell.

[/quote]

Without the tries and the try assists during those weeks he still scores about 50. Do you see what I mean? Hughes has quite a decent up-side because of his change in position

Croft already had decent kick metres at the Storm and despite the Bronco love here, there is not really much of an up-side in moving from the Storm.

Also Hughes has low ownership POD and DPP status for the same price

Last edited by castlecrag sweethearts on Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:44 am