NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 4

mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 4 - Page 26 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 4

Post by mattnz Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:02 pm

Bagpipe wrote:Hey guys

Sorry I went quiet mid way last year but work really hammered me. But anyway, another year of fantasy. It was good to see a lot of discussion around the Front Row particularly concerning James until that unfortunate ACL injury.

A question I'd like throw out there - Penrith Panthers front row? Obviously you have Tamou, but with RCG leaving and Leota starting at the back end of last year is he an option to think about? Perhaps even Tetevano? I know the buzz is around Mofo and Knight for good reason but I'd like to open the discussion to really way out there options in case we miss anything

Leota has always received low minutes even when starting. I dont see that changing.

Tetavano would be my pick of them. Priced at 28, in games 40+ minutes, he averages 35.8. The key downside for him is that even with higher average minutes his scores dont increase much. In the rare 50+ minute games he averages only 38.8.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:05 pm

The biggest decision for my team (and everyone’s it seems) which I still haven’t made remains Haas. I just cannot believe how far that 400k from having a Mofo or Merrin instead can spread around the rest of my team. My team can look so good without him, but how good can a team really be when it is Haasless? Every team I make is in two distinct categories by whether it’s a Haas team or a Haasless team. I’ve never had a pre-season with such a season-defining decision.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:09 pm

standard-issue wrote:

Not sure if genuinely innocent request, or pushing Milchy's buttons via his overt hatred of doing this to names that don't require it.

Hopefully it's the latter!

Well you have to distinguish between JEdgeman and his brother William Edgeman
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:13 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    standard-issue wrote:

Not sure if genuinely innocent request, or pushing Milchy's buttons via his overt hatred of doing this to names that don't require it.

Well you have to distinguish between JEdgeman and his brother William Edgeman

No way Shocked .
    castlecrag sweethearts
    castlecrag sweethearts

Post by castlecrag sweethearts Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:15 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

Do I seem like the kind of guy who would try to push buttons?
    ‘Lil ‘ol me?

Laugh

When is PcFly gonna be added to the system.

His long name is PuckFly, essentially a maggot kisser
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:19 pm

standard-issue wrote:

Don't tell him we have to distinguish between the Williams boys with Jilliams, Gilliams and Silliams.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:19 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:The biggest decision for my team (and everyone’s it seems) which I still haven’t made remains Haas. I just cannot believe how far that 400k from having a Mofo or Merrin instead can spread around the rest of my team. My team can look so good without him, but how good can a team really be when it is Haasless? Every team I make is in two distinct categories by whether it’s a Haas team or a Haasless team. I’ve never had a pre-season with such a season-defining decision.

Agreed. I too am currently Payne-less at the moment. Although every season has had this season defining moment.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:26 pm

I have Haas & even if he fails which he won't you can buy any player you want with 1 trade.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:27 pm

castlecrag sweethearts wrote:

When is PcFly gonna be added to the system.

His long name is PuckFly, essentially a maggot kisser

I think your eyes are going on you old timer- that’s an F, not a P

The FuckFly does more than just kiss.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:31 pm

standard-issue wrote:

Agreed. I too am currently Payne-less at the moment.  Although every season has had this season defining moment.

It’s ironic how painful being Payneless can be. But I just can’t see myself downgrading 2-3 other players for the sake of an extra 10 points from my captain each week when those players can more than make up the difference
    castlecrag sweethearts
    castlecrag sweethearts

Post by castlecrag sweethearts Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:34 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

I think your eyes are going on you old timer- that’s an F, not a P

The FuckFly does more than just kiss.

I am thinking of putting him my side. He will be able to take advantage of the new rule where you get 5 points for transferring bacterial pathogens to the opposing team.

So anyway, on another note.

Any love for Jarome Hughes in the halves. Looks to be good base stats and with some good attacking stats on top could go large. Last three games of last year showed 20 tackles ish per match and a modest rise in kick meters
    Adrianoooo
    Adrianoooo

Post by Adrianoooo Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:40 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:The biggest decision for my team (and everyone’s it seems) which I still haven’t made remains Haas. I just cannot believe how far that 400k from having a Mofo or Merrin instead can spread around the rest of my team. My team can look so good without him, but how good can a team really be when it is Haasless? Every team I make is in two distinct categories by whether it’s a Haas team or a Haasless team. I’ve never had a pre-season with such a season-defining decision.

I think a lot of people share a similar feeling. I just can’t see myself sitting there and watching him tear it up as a non-owner. It’d be excruciating watching him drop big scores.

Plus if I don’t have him, I’d have no clear set and forget captain option. He’ll solve that problem.

If you don’t have Haas you’re already one step behind a significant portion of the competition. I haven’t heard a convincing argument against owning him from the start yet
    castlecrag sweethearts
    castlecrag sweethearts

Post by castlecrag sweethearts Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:45 pm

Adrianoooo wrote:

I think a lot of people share a similar feeling. I just can’t see myself sitting there and watching him tear it up as a non-owner. It’d be excruciating watching him drop big scores.

Plus if I don’t have him, I’d have no clear set and forget captain option. He’ll solve that problem.

If you don’t have Haas you’re already one step behind a significant portion of the competition. I haven’t heard a convincing argument against owning him from the start yet

I have been toying with the idea of starting with Carrigan and Kaloamatangi. Before anyone says that will put me too far behind the 8-ball they should see what that lets me do with the rest of my team. It is not outside the bounds of possibility that they will reliably score 40 points each if they start as it is suggested they will.
    pingu lives in our hearts
    pingu lives in our hearts

Post by pingu lives in our hearts Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:46 pm

code delta wrote:

Long winded way of saying that not to many blind people play this game so we done care. Shocked

What a bunch of cunts it’s not like it’s hard to do, would cost them bugger all. Keep fighting the good fight bro. We should all email them for blindside
    Adrianoooo
    Adrianoooo

Post by Adrianoooo Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:52 pm

Bit out of the loop it seems. What’s the issue with Blindside and the app(?). Saw that reply to him that was posted.

standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:52 pm

pingu lives in our hearts wrote:
    code delta wrote:

Long winded way of saying that not to many blind people play this game so we done care. Shocked

What a bunch of cunts it’s not like it’s hard to do, would cost them bugger all. Keep fighting the good fight bro. We should all email them for blindside

Fire up pingu!!!
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:53 pm

castlecrag sweethearts wrote:

I have been toying with the idea of starting with Carrigan and Kaloamatangi. Before anyone says that will put me too far behind the 8-ball they should see what that lets me do with the rest of my team. It is not outside the bounds of possibility that they will reliably score 40 points each if they start as it is suggested they will.

If you are going to buy guys who aren't first grade starters, go all the way down to $228k and swim in your pools of cash
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:55 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

It’s ironic how painful being Payneless can be. But I just can’t see myself downgrading 2-3 other players for the sake of an extra 10 points from my captain each week when those players can more than make up the difference

Payneless is Suicide
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:57 pm

Adrianoooo wrote:Bit out of the loop it seems. What’s the issue with Blindside and the app(?). Saw that reply to him that was posted.

Blindside was given the impression early last year after contacting FanHub that they would improve their accessibility features. 12 months on and they've not made any progress.
    castlecrag sweethearts
    castlecrag sweethearts

Post by castlecrag sweethearts Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:58 pm

Milchcow wrote:

If you are going to buy guys who aren't first grade starters, go all the way down to $228k and swim in your pools of cash

Who says Carrigan and Kaloamatangi wont start? Does not take much for them to make some quick coin while other positions go big. Much better than mid-rangers who faff about and do nothing. I'll never compete trying to do the same thing as everyone else. If something like this paid off, many would be too invested in another strategy to catch up. I have never got close to the leading pack trying to copy of everyone else.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:50 am