NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 3

multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 3 - Page 45 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 3

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:40 pm

Really like the structure when I don't have Cook at hooker. This will likely be how I set up the WAGS team

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 3 - Page 45 83947110

Few players I've included that haven't been discussed much

Hamlin-Uele: Runs like a beast and passes the eye test. Plenty of minutes up for grabs with Prior and Gallen moving on.
    Bateman/Taumalolo: Everyone knows what they can do. On the captaincy tier with the hookers and Haas.
    Cartwright: Milchy mentioned him a few days ago but it was passed by. Priced at 33 averaged 42.9 as a starting second rower last year. Previous pedigree averaging 49 as a starting second rower in 2016
    Watkins: Another cheap option in the centres. Players seem to be better the second year off an ACL injury and surely even in a rubbish Titans team he has to score a try at some point
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:03 pm

Sorry this is probs a silly question but what is it people mean when they say WAGS team?
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:07 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Really like the structure when I don't have Cook at hooker. This will likely be how I set up the WAGS team

Few players I've included that haven't been discussed much

Hamlin-Uele: Runs like a beast and passes the eye test. Plenty of minutes up for grabs with Prior and Gallen moving on.
    Bateman/Taumalolo: Everyone knows what they can do. On the captaincy tier with the hookers and Haas.
    Cartwright: Milchy mentioned him a few days ago but it was passed by. Priced at 33 averaged 42.9 as a starting second rower last year. Previous pedigree averaging 49 as a starting second rower in 2016
    Watkins: Another cheap option in the centres. Players seem to be better the second year off an ACL injury and surely even in a rubbish Titans team he has to score a try at some point

Uele has been given a 2.1 point fanhub tax. He's defo Fafita 2.0 but priced at 39 he'd need to start and get about 50 minutes I reckon to make it worthwhile. Could happen though especially with Fifita's knee thing.

What do you think about MoFo? The Titans appear to have a real lack of middles. I could see him starting and getting 50-55 minutes and scoring high 40's or maybe 50 if he jagged a couple of tries (zero last year).

Last edited by Mulvy on Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:08 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:Sorry this is probs a silly question but what is it people mean when they say WAGS team?

Wife and Girlfriend's
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:18 pm

So currently my starting back row is D. Fifita, Su’a and Williams, I’m pretty happy with that!

I have Carrigan on my interchange at this stage with Koro, B. Brailey and Grant.

Please Carrigan get the starting lock role and around 45min mark.

If I’m dreaming Broncos fans on here please tell me!
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:25 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:So currently my starting back row is D. Fifita, Su’a and Williams, I’m pretty happy with that!

I have Carrigan on my interchange at this stage with Koro, B. Brailey and Grant.

I'm a Cowboys fan, but I think you're dreaming. I haven't had him in any my drafts, would be easy to downgrade to him though if he did get the job, not so easy to go up the other way.
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:26 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:So currently my starting back row is D. Fifita, Su’a and Williams, I’m pretty happy with that!

Latest interview with TPJ he talks about playing a bigger role on an edge. Maybe this opens up more mins for Carrigan at lock? Maybe Fifita starts from the bench?
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:29 pm

Mulvy wrote:

I'm a Cowboys fan, but I think you're dreaming. I haven't had him in any my drafts, would be easy to downgrade to him though if he did get the job, not so easy to go up the other way.
    This is a draft I did just now: (what are your thoughts)?

Friend
    Haas Fotuaika
    D. Fifita Williams Su’a
    Moses Flanagan
    Burns 246/228k player
    Papenhuzyen Brimson Lomax

Koro Carrigan/Stimson B. Brailey Grant
    Luai Musgrove Magoulias 228k player
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:30 pm

Honey Badger wrote:

Latest interview with TPJ he talks about playing a bigger role on an edge. Maybe this opens up more mins for Carrigan at lock? Maybe Fifita starts from the bench?
    Well if Fifita starts on the bench I’d have to instead of going Fifita and Flanagan I’d go with Taumalolo and Mann I guess.
    13CokeHeads
    13CokeHeads

Post by 13CokeHeads Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:37 pm

GoingNuts wrote:Is there any truth to the rumour that Cam Smith will be number 7 and B Smith will be 9?

9.Cheese
    7. Smith
    6.Munster
    5\2 vuni fox
    3 hughs
    4 seve/olam/lee
    1papy
    KingTeddy
    KingTeddy

Post by KingTeddy Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:41 pm

Really liking my new team with Haas, Taumalolo, Cleary, Fifita and Pappy! How many mins should we expect from Taumalolo this year? Surely 60-65+!
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:44 pm

KingTeddy wrote:Really liking my new team with Haas, Taumalolo, Cleary, Fifita and Pappy! How many mins should we expect from Taumalolo this year? Surely 60-65+!
    How the hell did you fit both Taumalolo and Fifita in? (I assume you must’ve went lighter on elsewhere eg other half and hooker etc....)
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:46 pm

13CokeHeads wrote:

9.Cheese
    7. Smith
    6.Munster
    5\2 vuni fox
    3 hughs
    4 seve/olam/lee
    1papy

Think it’d be much less likely with Momirovski going to Storm giving a good CTR. Meaning likely Hughes as 7 still, Momirovski right CTR, Olam left CTR and B Smith still as interchange lock
    KingTeddy
    KingTeddy

Post by KingTeddy Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:49 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    How the hell did you fit both Taumalolo and Fifita in? (I assume you must’ve went lighter on elsewhere eg other half and hooker etc....)

Yeah mate, team goes like this:

Friend

Haas (c) Carrigan

Lolo, Fifita, Su'a

Cleary, Luai

Best, Lomax

Pap, Brimmo, Isaako

Koro, Brailey, Stimson, Grant

Magoulious, Talau, Musgrove, Rudolf
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:50 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    This is a draft I did just now: (what are your thoughts)?

Friend
    Haas Fotuaika
    D. Fifita Williams Su’a
    Moses Flanagan
    Burns 246/228k player
    Papenhuzyen Brimson Lomax

Koro Carrigan/Stimson B. Brailey Grant
    Luai Musgrove Magoulias 228k player

I quite like it. I would because it's very close to my current team Very Happy I've currently got Hess instead of Williams, Mann instead of Flannagan, Lowe instead of Carrigan. That's basically it, but it changes every five minutes.

Friend I think has little downside. If the worst thing that happens is only 55-60 minutes for an average of say high 40's (which I don't think happens) it's not the worst thing in the world priced at 42. Whereas the upside is huge.

Haas has been debated extensively. I just don't trust the captain options outside him and the hookers and the hookers are log-jammed with value picks whilst the FRF is difficult as always. Mofo I explained above.

D. Fifita if he starts on an edge I have massive FOMO about, but I'm constantly changing between him and Nathan Brown. Williams I haven't had in my side, not sure why. He'd need Gallen's 50 minutes at his ppm to get 42, 9.5 above his price, not a bad pick. Su'a I'm not sure on but I've got him currently. Basically the whole 2RF needs to wait two weeks to get a clearer picture imo.

Moses is one of the only players that hasn't left my team. Fanhub two point discount, Matterson outside him, great early draw, plays rd12. I think the addition of RCG really gives their pack some more go forward too. Not sure what to make of Flannagan, I've got him down for about 45 points but it's a guess, I'd like others thoughts on that.

Burns is priced at his floor and averages ten above his price, limited data so it might be less but if it's 40+ he's a rd 12 keeper, just needs to stay fit and I'm happy to take the risk.

Pappenhuizen seems to be in everyone's team. Brimson too, I'm really hoping for 45 and keep until rd 12 but that may be optimistic.

Koro, Brailey and Grant should be in everyone's teams.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:50 pm

KingTeddy wrote:

Yeah mate, team goes like this:

Friend

Haas (c) Carrigan

Lolo, Fifita, Su'a

Cleary, Luai

Best, Lomax

Pap, Brimmo, Isaako

Koro, Brailey, Stimson, Grant

Magoulious, Talau, Musgrove, Rudolf
    What’d you think of my team? It is a few posts above.

Something is telling me that Brimson is gonna be a better option than Isaako so I went with Brimson and Lomax with Burns at centre who averaged 44 when playing 80 last season and that just included 1 try in those 7 games too.

I also am hearing Burns is fully fit and at 100percent and training the house down as is Su’a guys, they’ve had very big pre seasons.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:59 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:Sorry this is probs a silly question but what is it people mean when they say WAGS team?
    Mulvy wrote:
    Wife and Girlfriend's

Crucially, in case this wasn't apparent, said wife or girlfriend generally doesn't take an active role in management of the team (if she's even aware of its existence)
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:59 pm

I finally have a team I am happy with, relies on a couple of cheapies being named at center (Talau, Milne, Burbo etc, or would need to spend my bank of $70k to upgrade slightly) and 1 at WFB like Hopoate, Starford, Leleisiaou etc.

Friend
    Haas (C) Carrigan
    Fifita Garner Leilua
    Cleary Mann
    Burns Milne
    Papy Isaako Starford/Leleisioau

Hess Brimson Koroisau Grant
    Magoulias Rudolph Luai Talau
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:01 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Crucially, in case this wasn't apparent, said wife or girlfriend generally doesn't take an active role in management of the team (if she's even aware of its existence)

I'm just waiting for the year they do an interview with some clueless WAG about how she managed to win the comp Smile
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:01 pm

Mulvy wrote:

I quite like it. I would because it's very close to my current team Very Happy I've currently got Hess instead of Williams, Mann instead of Flannagan, Lowe instead of Carrigan. That's basically it, but it changes every five minutes.

Friend I think has little downside. If the worst thing that happens is only 55-60 minutes for an average of say high 40's (which I don't think happens) it's not the worst thing in the world priced at 42. Whereas the upside is huge.

Haas has been debated extensively. I just don't trust the captain options outside him and the hookers and the hookers are log-jammed with value picks whilst the FRF is difficult as always. Mofo I explained above.

D. Fifita if he starts on an edge I have massive FOMO about, but I'm constantly changing between him and Nathan Brown. Williams I haven't had in my side, not sure why. He'd need Gallen's 50 minutes at his ppm to get 42, 9.5 above his price, not a bad pick. Su'a I'm not sure on but I've got him currently. Basically the whole 2RF needs to wait two weeks to get a clearer picture imo.

Moses is one of the only players that hasn't left my team. Fanhub two point discount, Matterson outside him, great early draw, plays rd12. I think the addition of RCG really gives their pack some more go forward too. Not sure what to make of Flannagan, I've got him down for about 45 points but it's a guess, I'd like others thoughts on that.

Burns is priced at his floor and averages ten above his price, limited data so it might be less but if it's 40+ he's a rd 12 keeper, just needs to stay fit and I'm happy to take the risk.

Pappenhuizen seems to be in everyone's team. Brimson too, I'm really hoping for 45 and keep until rd 12 but that may be optimistic.

Koro, Brailey and Grant should be in everyone's teams.
    Thanks for the feedback mate much appreciated. Yes Hess is an interesting one and a POD, I have heard he’s likely to get a second row spot with Cooper having retired I believe (correct me if I’m wrong on that I may have imagined it somehow somewhere lol). So would it be Hess and Wright in the back row? Even if Cooper is still playing I would have Hess ahead of Wright and you’d think Hess would get 55-60mins.

On Williams I’m confident he will play 50mins, concerns around Fifita in games or a concussion which are both likely to be happening at times could also see Williams even getting 55mins I reckon.

Really good point you make on Friend, even if he only makes say 70-75k it’s not a big fail and it allows you to get a balanced team and spend more in other positions.

The only fear I have is I was burnt by Friend last year and I was burnt by Burns too, if they both burn me again I may never ever pick them again!

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 12:33 am