NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 67

Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 67 - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 67

Post by Milchcow Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:33 pm

Reposting a querstion from end of last thread

So early in the week Milford was listed as indefinite, with a possibility of 1-2 weeks out or possibly for much longer.
    Has there been any update on that?

I'm thinking of holding both Milford and Ponga this week, and trading one of them to Cook in a couple of weeks, hopefully with better info on their Injuries. But if Milford is definitely out long term I'll just ditch him now
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:34 pm

Milchy wrote:So early in the week Milford was listed as indefinite, with a possibility of 1-2 weeks out or possibly for much longer.

I've been digging around, but I haven't seen a thing yet.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:35 pm

my tv broke wrote:

I don't know that I'd sacrifice Fifita to get Twal this week.

Fifita can put up 70s and 80s without too much trouble. Its a risk to go without him. Twal is super consistent, but unlikely to go big. There is the other school of thought that Fifita won't play huge mins with Woods back and Uele going well.. so you might strike the jackpot there.

My dilemma at the moment is whether to grab Twal now, or hold off for a J Trbo, or equivalent. I'm leaning towards Twal, but using the extra trade this week scares me. Twal being a little cheaper than the alternatives means I can definitely afford Cook and Tedesco next week (or the week after if they rest).
    I agree with you on Twal. I've had him since round 5 and he's been consistent. Don't expect any boom scores from him though. I wouldn't go without Fifi for the run home
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:36 pm

Milchy wrote:Kerr's NSW Cup stats this year (most recent games first)

48 (53 mins, prop)
    43 (70 mins, prop)
    51 (62 mins, prop)
    82 (61 mins, 1 try, 2nd row)
    28 (70 mins, 2nd row)
    56 (50 mins, bench)
    36 (46 mins, prop)
    52 (56 mins, prop)
    29 (40 mins, prop)
    50 (50 mins, 1 try, bench)
    34 (40 mins, lock)

Thank you most gracious bovine Cheers
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:36 pm

Ponga's injury is a calf strain nothing too serious. He should be back rd 18.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:37 pm

Haven't been on much the last month, but have had the pleasure of catching up with Krump and Honeysett again over the last few weeks.  Also, in a World First, Honeysett and I had an audience with our Pope-the forum Godfather, Random.  We had to take our shoes off and wash our hands, but it was worth the effort.  Stew was meant to be there as well, but both HS and Random said they would belt him if he turned up, so, as he is a lover not a fighter, Stew stayed home.  

In my 45 years I have never seen a bloke fall asleep standing up after a bender-enter Krumpet, MASSIVE effort mate, you're a dead-set machine.  It is not surprising that you can't spell Krump without "rum".  I'd almost forgotten how good looking Honeysett is, and of course you can't spell Honeysett without "hot".  Last but not least, it was a pleasure finally meeting Random, he is an all round good bloke and you can't spell Random without "rad".  Although I thought it was a bit much us having to surrender our phones to your security detail before you would even enter the room mate...

For those a bit worried about getting to a meet up, and it's human nature to be, just try to work through the anxiety of meeting complete strangers from the Internet who may or may not be fixing to harvest your organs.  We all know how awesome the posters in this Community are, and there is certainly a lot more on here I would love the chance to have a beer with one day  Very Happy
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:37 pm

Milchy wrote:
    Reposting a querstion from end of last thread

So early in the week Milford was listed as indefinite, with a possibility of 1-2 weeks out or possibly for much longer.

I'm thinking of holding both Milford and Ponga this week, and trading one of them to Cook in a couple of weeks, hopefully with better info on their Injuries. But if Milford is definitely out long term I'll just ditch him now

FWIW, the NRL fanstasy podcast reckons at least four weeks but they sounded like they didn't really know.
    Ben Marlin
    Ben Marlin

Post by Ben Marlin Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:39 pm

TheWeapon wrote:

I think this will get you more points....
    I’m not a fan of selling SST but if that’s the best option then I’ll do it
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:42 pm

If you can't trade Tevaga out would you say he's a miss?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:43 pm

Boring day at work. Can anyone see anything I should do with my team?

Cook
    Haas Taupau
    Murray Tolo Bateman
    Watson Ponga
    Nikora Xerri
    RTS Teddy CNK

CM9 Mahoney Fainu Morgan

Sivo Havilli Lomax Brittain

9 trades and 66K. Having trouble seeing past these trades. I know it stuffs my cover but will look at Fifi back in next week, dunno how yet though.

Sivo - Coates/Walters
    Morgan - SJ
    Havilli - Smith

Gives me;

Cook
    Taupau Haas
    Murray Tolo Bateman
    SJ Ponga
    Xerri Nikora
    RTS Teddy CNK

Smith MC9 Mahoney Fainu

Watson Lomax Coates Brittain

Also thinking of potentially doing Lomax to someone like Fus to get the money to go Watson to Fifi hopefully in 18 when Ponga is back and Xerri to Burns next week. Haven't crunched any numbers and not even sure it would work. Could cashout to Kerr this week I guess instead of Fus to make sure I have the funds. Fifi back in for Watson eventually means I can move Taupau down, Bateman to centre and then Burns down then CNK would ahve to be 18th man. Not sure if I'm shooting myself in the foot with all the hookers though.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:43 pm

Camo123 wrote:According to Barry Toohey, Phoenix Crossland will debut for Knights as Pearce replacement but off bench meaning Mann will start 6, Sione CTR, Buhrer edge and then when Levi comes off, Watson will shift to 9, Mann to FB and Crossland will come on in the HLFs

Not exactly relevant for Crossland but relevant for Watson and Mann owners (like myself)

https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/story/6254346/revealed-knights-to-debut-teenage-halfback-against-warriors/?cs=7580

Good for Watson, thanks Mary, you weirdo.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:43 pm

SI wrote:

Same coach running both teams tonight?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:47 pm

wolfking wrote:
    SI wrote:

Same coach running both teams tonight?

Embarassed Lol

Mary is still a weirdo Very Happy

Post by Guest Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:47 pm

So, the lurker is bulldog Ritchie lol.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:48 pm

SI wrote:Haven't been on much the last month, but have had the pleasure of catching up with Krump and Honeysett again over the last few weeks.  Also, in a World First, Honeysett and I had an audience with our Pope-the forum Godfather, Random.  We had to take our shoes off and wash our hands, but it was worth the effort.  Stew was meant to be there as well, but both HS and Random said they would belt him if he turned up, so, as he is a lover not a fighter, Stew stayed home.  

In my 45 years I have never seen a bloke fall asleep standing up after a bender-enter Krumpet, MASSIVE effort mate, you're a dead-set machine.  It is not surprising that you can't spell Krump without "rum".  I'd almost forgotten how good looking Honeysett is, and of course you can't spell Honeysett without "hot".  Last but not least, it was a pleasure finally meeting Random, he is an all round good bloke and you can't spell Random without "rad".  Although I thought it was a bit much us having to surrender our phones to your security detail before you would even enter the room mate...

For those a bit worried about getting to a meet up, and it's human nature to be, just try to work through the anxiety of meeting complete strangers from the Internet who may or may not be fixing to harvest your organs.  We all know how awesome the posters in this Community are, and there is certainly a lot more on here I would love the chance to have a beer with one day  Very Happy

Well spoken from a true legend.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:52 pm

I personally think Coates will stay around. Boyd is copping all the slack and Seibold will have to answer sooner or later, no word on Isaako either. Coates could be there all year. Might see if I can grab both him and Walters. If I had to choose, I will have enough cover, so won't need to worry too much about players playing on.
    Ben Marlin
    Ben Marlin

Post by Ben Marlin Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:53 pm

wolfking wrote:Boring day at work.  Can anyone see anything I should do with my team?

Cook
    Haas Taupau
    Murray Tolo Bateman
    Watson Ponga
    Nikora Xerri
    RTS Teddy CNK

CM9 Mahoney Fainu Morgan

Sivo Havilli Lomax Brittain

9 trades and 66K.  Having trouble seeing past these trades.  I know it stuffs my cover but will look at Fifi back in next week, dunno how yet though.

Sivo - Coates/Walters
    Morgan - SJ
    Havilli - Smith

Gives me;

Cook
    Taupau Haas
    Murray Tolo Bateman
    SJ Ponga
    Xerri Nikora
    RTS Teddy CNK

Smith MC9 Mahoney Fainu

Watson Lomax Coates Brittain

Also thinking of potentially doing Lomax to someone like Fus to get the money to go Watson to Fifi hopefully in 18 when Ponga is back and Xerri to Burns next week.  Haven't crunched any numbers and not even sure it would work.  Could cashout to Kerr this week I guess instead of Fus to make sure I have the funds.  Fifi back in for Watson eventually means I can move Taupau down, Bateman to centre and then Burns down then CNK would ahve to be 18th man.  Not sure if I'm shooting myself in the foot with all the hookers though.
    CNK to Brooks/Matterson/Tevaga/Twal this round
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:58 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:If you can't trade Tevaga out would you say he's a miss?
    Yep. Way too much risk there for me
    Ben Marlin
    Ben Marlin

Post by Ben Marlin Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:01 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:If you can't trade Tevaga out would you say he's a miss?
    It depends whether you’re buying him as a final 17 keeper or an 18th man/loop option.

As a final 17 keeper, he would need to play #13 for the rest of the season. If he does his he will be an amazing buy. But it’s a risk and there’s a possibility he drops back to the bench

If you’re buying Tevaga as an 18th man then he is a fantastic trade-in. He’s a chance of starting lock for the season where he is an elite gun. Worst-case scenario he drops back to the bench and scored around 45 which is pretty good for an 18th man
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:03 pm

Is Matterson under an injury cloud? Just saw the headline on a DT post, but of course it's behind a paywall Mad

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:23 am