NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 67

    filthridden
    filthridden
    Moderator

    Posts : 8531
    Reputation : 3431
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 67 - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 67

    Post by filthridden on Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:05 pm

    @SI wrote:Haven't been on much the last month, but have had the pleasure of catching up with Krump and Honeysett again over the last few weeks.  Also, in a World First, Honeysett and I had an audience with our Pope-the forum Godfather, Random.  We had to take our shoes off and wash our hands, but it was worth the effort.  Stew was meant to be there as well, but both HS and Random said they would belt him if he turned up, so, as he is a lover not a fighter, Stew stayed home.  

    In my 45 years I have never seen a bloke fall asleep standing up after a bender-enter Krumpet, MASSIVE effort mate, you're a dead-set machine.  It is not surprising that you can't spell Krump without "rum".  I'd almost forgotten how good looking Honeysett is, and of course you can't spell Honeysett without "hot".  Last but not least, it was a pleasure finally meeting Random, he is an all round good bloke and you can't spell Random without "rad".  Although I thought it was a bit much us having to surrender our phones to your security detail before you would even enter the room mate...



    For those a bit worried about getting to a meet up, and it's human nature to be, just try to work through the anxiety of meeting complete strangers from the Internet who may or may not be fixing to harvest your organs.  We all know how awesome the posters in this Community are, and there is certainly a lot more on here I would love the chance to have a beer with one day  Very Happy

    Can vouch for this in terms of meeting people from this community - Met our famous Jack Bauer first time I visited Melbourne and ended up becoming good friends with him, even attending his wedding last year.

    I try and catch up with him whenever he's not off on secret missions overseas.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog

    Posts : 7486
    Reputation : 1436
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : New Zealand

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 67 - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 67

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog on Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:07 pm

    @Ben Marlin wrote:
    It depends whether you’re buying him as a final 17 keeper or an 18th man/loop option.

    As a final 17 keeper, he would need to play #13 for the rest of the season. If he does his he will be an amazing buy. But it’s a risk and there’s a possibility he drops back to the bench

    If you’re buying Tevaga as an 18th man then he is a fantastic trade-in. He’s a chance of starting lock for the season where he is an elite gun. Worst-case scenario he drops back to the bench and scored around 45 which is pretty good for an 18th man

    Yeah that's a tough one as I'll be playing him until his role changes and then he will end up in emergencies along with Fainu probably haha. Means my bench is rubbish when that happens.

    SST, Martin, CNK, Burns
    Fainu, Tevaga, Brittain, 212

    My original option was RTS. Then I'll have Ponga, Teddy, RTS, Drinkwater, CNK, Burns in my final team


    Last edited by Liverpool_Bulldog on Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Camo123
    Camo123

    Posts : 2522
    Reputation : 859
    Join date : 2019-01-30

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 67 - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 67

    Post by Camo123 on Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:07 pm

    @SoylentGreen wrote:Is Matterson under an injury cloud? Just saw the headline on a DT post, but of course it's behind a paywall Mad

    It said something about a neck complaint but he's right to play

    I find sometimes specific DT articles aren't behind paywall and I can always view the late mail page

    This is all it says: Tigers are expected to be 1-17 with Robbie Farah (shoulder), Ryan Matterson (neck), Chris Lawrence (elbow) and Josh Aloiai (illness) all expected to play.
    lukeaye
    lukeaye

    Posts : 930
    Reputation : 294
    Join date : 2016-02-02

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 67 - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 67

    Post by lukeaye on Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:08 pm

    @Camo123 wrote:

    It said something about a neck complaint but he's right to play

    I find sometimes specific DT articles aren't behind paywall and I can always view the late mail page

    This is all it says: Tigers are expected to be 1-17 with Robbie Farah (shoulder), Ryan Matterson (neck), Chris Lawrence (elbow) and Josh Aloiai (illness) all expected to play.

    I swear they just make crap up.

    Clickbait for sure.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

    Posts : 2118
    Reputation : 604
    Join date : 2015-09-30
    Location : Christchurch, NZ

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 67 - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 67

    Post by StuDogg101 on Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:09 pm

    @SI wrote:Haven't been on much the last month, but have had the pleasure of catching up with Krump and Honeysett again over the last few weeks.  Also, in a World First, Honeysett and I had an audience with our Pope-the forum Godfather, Random.  We had to take our shoes off and wash our hands, but it was worth the effort.  Stew was meant to be there as well, but both HS and Random said they would belt him if he turned up, so, as he is a lover not a fighter, Stew stayed home.  

    In my 45 years I have never seen a bloke fall asleep standing up after a bender-enter Krumpet, MASSIVE effort mate, you're a dead-set machine.  It is not surprising that you can't spell Krump without "rum".  I'd almost forgotten how good looking Honeysett is, and of course you can't spell Honeysett without "hot".  Last but not least, it was a pleasure finally meeting Random, he is an all round good bloke and you can't spell Random without "rad".  Although I thought it was a bit much us having to surrender our phones to your security detail before you would even enter the room mate...



    For those a bit worried about getting to a meet up, and it's human nature to be, just try to work through the anxiety of meeting complete strangers from the Internet who may or may not be fixing to harvest your organs.  We all know how awesome the posters in this Community are, and there is certainly a lot more on here I would love the chance to have a beer with one day  Very Happy

    There's only one "organ" that SI really wants though
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

    Posts : 1793
    Reputation : 439
    Join date : 2016-01-21

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 67 - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 67

    Post by SoylentGreen on Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:09 pm

    @Ben Marlin wrote:
    It depends whether you’re buying him as a final 17 keeper or an 18th man/loop option.

    As a final 17 keeper, he would need to play #13 for the rest of the season. If he does his he will be an amazing buy. But it’s a risk and there’s a possibility he drops back to the bench

    If you’re buying Tevaga as an 18th man then he is a fantastic trade-in. He’s a chance of starting lock for the season where he is an elite gun. Worst-case scenario he drops back to the bench and scored around 45 which is pretty good for an 18th man

    I'm bringing him in this week, and see him as a potential trade out to get Ponga back in rd 19-20 (I want to see that he actually returns and is fit before committing to getting him back). If Jazz can average 50s, may be able to close the gap with Ponga by 100k+
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog

    Posts : 7486
    Reputation : 1436
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : New Zealand

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 67 - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 67

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog on Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:15 pm

    I suppose if Fainu and Tevaga can kill it until Koro and Tohu return I can use my last two trades to upgrade them.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatic

    Posts : 15459
    Reputation : 3242
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 35
    Location : Brisbane

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 67 - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 67

    Post by wolfking on Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:15 pm

    @Ben Marlin wrote:
    CNK to Brooks/Matterson/Tevaga/Twal this round

    Thanks for the thoughts mate. Selling CNK now never really occured to me.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke

    Posts : 9962
    Reputation : 3217
    Join date : 2016-01-08
    Location : Fantasy Island

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 67 - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 67

    Post by my tv broke on Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:27 pm

    Jake Friend pictured in the Roosters captains run gallery. Definitely an option next week it would seem.
    Loomer
    Loomer

    Posts : 2879
    Reputation : 496
    Join date : 2016-01-29

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 67 - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 67

    Post by Loomer on Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:29 pm

    @Ben Marlin wrote:
    It depends whether you’re buying him as a final 17 keeper or an 18th man/loop option.

    As a final 17 keeper, he would need to play #13 for the rest of the season. If he does his he will be an amazing buy. But it’s a risk and there’s a possibility he drops back to the bench

    If you’re buying Tevaga as an 18th man then he is a fantastic trade-in. He’s a chance of starting lock for the season where he is an elite gun. Worst-case scenario he drops back to the bench and scored around 45 which is pretty good for an 18th man

    I'm still 50/50 on getting him this week but almost got him last week instead of Turbo. I held Surgess hoping he might come back better after surgery so atm would potentially be having one or the other in 17th man loop
    VERTiiGO
    VERTiiGO

    Posts : 716
    Reputation : 220
    Join date : 2019-02-17
    Age : 30
    Location : Sydney

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 67 - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 67

    Post by VERTiiGO on Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:33 pm

    out of these 3 who do you bring in as a keeper if you could choose 1:

    Klemmer
    Angus
    Twal
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

    Posts : 4077
    Reputation : 711
    Join date : 2016-01-30

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 67 - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 67

    Post by Johnny B Goode on Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:33 pm

    Was reading the NRL.com fantasy Q&A and some guy said he was in the Top 50 with 18 trades left and was worried about major injuries.

    Got to be a typo, it is absolute bullshit you could be ranked that high with so many trades left. Bloody hell with 18 for the run home I could sideways trade any gun that misses a week and feel fine about it.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog

    Posts : 7486
    Reputation : 1436
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : New Zealand

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 67 - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 67

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog on Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:35 pm

    I think I'm going to take a rabbit tip and go with Jazz and hope for the best.

    I'd feel better with him on my INT than a CNK


    Last edited by Liverpool_Bulldog on Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ben Marlin
    Ben Marlin

    Posts : 772
    Reputation : 236
    Join date : 2019-05-19

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 67 - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 67

    Post by Ben Marlin on Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:35 pm

    @VERTiiGO wrote:out of these 3 who do you bring in as a keeper if you could choose 1:

    Klemmer
    Angus
    Twal
    Twal by a big margin!

    Klemmer isn’t playing this week
    Crichton is on the bench
    my tv broke
    my tv broke

    Posts : 9962
    Reputation : 3217
    Join date : 2016-01-08
    Location : Fantasy Island

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 67 - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 67

    Post by my tv broke on Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:36 pm

    @Ben Marlin wrote:
    Twal by a big margin!

    Klemmer isn’t playing this week
    Crichton is on the bench

    Klemmer a chance of being rested or reduced mins in round 17 too.

    Crichton, I'd love to grab him, but not while he's named on the bench.. might be a late switch to start, but who knows what Robinson's motives are at the moment.
    Ben Marlin
    Ben Marlin

    Posts : 772
    Reputation : 236
    Join date : 2019-05-19

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 67 - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 67

    Post by Ben Marlin on Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:39 pm

    Are we any closer to knowing how long Milford is out for?
    Honeysett
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 6068
    Reputation : 2329
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Age : 32
    Location : Scarborough

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 67 - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 67

    Post by Honeysett on Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:43 pm

    @SI wrote:Haven't been on much the last month, but have had the pleasure of catching up with Krump and Honeysett again over the last few weeks.  Also, in a World First, Honeysett and I had an audience with our Pope-the forum Godfather, Random.  We had to take our shoes off and wash our hands, but it was worth the effort.  Stew was meant to be there as well, but both HS and Random said they would belt him if he turned up, so, as he is a lover not a fighter, Stew stayed home.  

    In my 45 years I have never seen a bloke fall asleep standing up after a bender-enter Krumpet, MASSIVE effort mate, you're a dead-set machine.  It is not surprising that you can't spell Krump without "rum".  I'd almost forgotten how good looking Honeysett is, and of course you can't spell Honeysett without "hot".  Last but not least, it was a pleasure finally meeting Random, he is an all round good bloke and you can't spell Random without "rad".  Although I thought it was a bit much us having to surrender our phones to your security detail before you would even enter the room mate...



    For those a bit worried about getting to a meet up, and it's human nature to be, just try to work through the anxiety of meeting complete strangers from the Internet who may or may not be fixing to harvest your organs.  We all know how awesome the posters in this Community are, and there is certainly a lot more on here I would love the chance to have a beer with one day  Very Happy

    Hahaha love it mate. Enjoyed the night with Random and yourself. Great bit of banter all round!
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatic

    Posts : 15459
    Reputation : 3242
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 35
    Location : Brisbane

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 67 - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 67

    Post by wolfking on Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:47 pm

    @Johnny B Goode wrote:Was reading the NRL.com fantasy Q&A and some guy said he was in the Top 50 with 18 trades left and was worried about major injuries.  

    Got to be a typo, it is absolute bullshit you could be ranked that high with so many trades left. Bloody hell with 18 for the run home I could sideways trade any gun that misses a week and feel fine about it.

    I thought that too at first, but I think he means 18 solid players perhaps? Surely not 18 trades.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke

    Posts : 9962
    Reputation : 3217
    Join date : 2016-01-08
    Location : Fantasy Island

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 67 - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 67

    Post by my tv broke on Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:48 pm

    @Ben Marlin wrote:Are we any closer to knowing how long Milford is out for?

    Nope, but if I see anything, I will post it.
    Rotinaj
    Rotinaj

    Posts : 2
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2019-03-10

    NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 67 - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 67

    Post by Rotinaj on Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:54 pm

    G'day lads, 2nd season playing and 1st season reading this excellent message board. Finished last year ranked around the 35K mark, after heaps of tips from in here I'm currently 2119 and would love to finish inside the top 2k.
    Got myself in a bit of a pickle by getting Clark and Hutch and only have 6 trades left with $166k in the bank.
    Team now is:
    Cook
    MoFo Haas
    Taupau Lolo Murray
    Watson Ponga
    Nikora Batman
    Teddy RTS TTurbo
    Matterson CS9 Martin Xerri
    Kenny Fifita Hutch Clark

    Tentativey looking to trade murray to McInnis this week then get a gun half next round with either Burns or Drinkwater to round things off.
    Any help would be much appreciated.

      Current date/time is Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:44 pm