NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

QLD Maroons

Krump
    Krump

QLD Maroons  - Page 8 Empty Re: QLD Maroons

Post by Krump Wed May 25, 2016 1:23 pm

Honeysett wrote:This thread is proof of why QLD supporters are absolute bellends. Not a humble person amongst them. It'll come back full circle eventually and then the death of origin will be back.
    Clap
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed May 25, 2016 1:39 pm

Bren wrote:
    lol!

A NSW fan calling QLD supporters bellends? That will do me. The year your lot won a series it was like the second coming of Jesus Christ.

Oh piss off! haha. I remember vividly you even saying how well we handled it. I didn't give anyone shit about us winning, I was more happy with having won the series and actually being there to see it.

One thing you can never take away from us is year after year our crowds grew when we were getting belted, we never once cried Origin is Dead. Which can't be the same said after NSW had won three straight. Not to say you guys said it but if you're going to take the good you have to accept the bad.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed May 25, 2016 1:58 pm

Dip wrote:

That's what we've been saying. That it should have been a penalty try and therefore the conversion should have been under the posts instead of not under the posts. Another example of QLD being harshly dealt by the refs. Luckily we were able to overcome it and still win by 8. Somehow in all of that NSW fans seem to think they got the short end of the stick. Go figure.

So either way they got it wrong.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed May 25, 2016 2:01 pm

Bren wrote:
    lol!

A NSW fan calling QLD supporters bellends? That will do me. The year your lot won a series it was like the second coming of Jesus Christ.

Exactly.
    A team of rejects and blokes who are no where near as good as their opposition beating one of the greatest teams of all time - was a brilliant effort and is actually underrated in the big scheme of things.

It's crazy to me that blokes are so one eyed that they cant even admit that the GI try was a dodgy call, at the very worst!
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed May 25, 2016 2:04 pm

ryno_ wrote:

Its somewhere in misconduct, under the tripping clause.

How often does it happen where a player hits the ball out of an opposition players hands, knocks it forward and the ref calls 6 again? See it all the time, usually with a centre or winger jamming one man in trying to stop the pass. No different here. And thats even without counting the fact that Farah (whether he meant to or if it was a reflex) led into a tackle with his feet (albeit not Slater/Reynolds style).

There's always going to be Gus-style whinging about "back in my day it was a knock on" but we arent in your day. Bar down. Farah attempted an illegal tackle by kicking at the ball carrier (might have been a reflex, doesnt matter. Intent is not a defence) and, in essence, performed a kick in general play which was then grounded by GI. Taking those 2 facts into account, I cant understand how anybody can justify it not being a try.

Um, its totally different, because Inglis knocked it on after it was initially dislodged.
    What you are saying, the winger jams in and hits the ball when making the tackle - its 6 more because the defending winger knocked it on. In this case, inglis - the attacker - knocks it on, not the defender. After its dislodged, he KNOCKS IT ON.. it bounces off his forearm at least twice, then hits the ground.

So if they said it was illegal play that stopped the try - it should have been a penalty try.
    But he grounded it after, so it they deemed illegal play, it would have been an 8pt try.
    What they have said, is play on, try, which is totally the wrong decision.

If that was in the field of play there is NO FUCKING WAY that its just play on.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed May 25, 2016 2:23 pm

Don't try and argue around facts with the two heads, still not a coherent thought between them.
    Dip

Post by Dip Wed May 25, 2016 2:35 pm

Righto, so what you guys are telling me is (and keeping in mind all of a to c need to be satisfied for it not to be a try):
    a) Farah didn't kick the ball out of Inglis' hands
    b) After it was kicked out, Inglis was then playing at the ball when it went off his arm, and not a Ricochet/Accidental Strike as defined in the rulebook
    c) The above was so clear cut that the "benefit of the doubt to the attacking team" rule that was in place at the time should have been ignored
    d) Smith shaking Inglis' hand was because he got one over the refs, not because he had just broken the record to be the greatest tryscorer in origin history.

That'll do me.

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2016 2:51 pm

The amount of bullshit being posted in the origin threads before a footy has even been kicked is astounding. Fucking love it Laughing
    Dip

Post by Dip Wed May 25, 2016 6:40 pm

I wonder whether the team not being named until Tuesday night was in case we needed to pull an Ennis? JT charged during the weekends game - hey Paul, name him in team list Tuesday and QLD will name Will Chambers at 5/8. When Chambers fails his fitness test next weekend then JT slots in after his suspension is served.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed May 25, 2016 6:47 pm

Dip wrote:Righto, so what you guys are telling me is (and keeping in mind all of a to c need to be satisfied for it not to be a try):
    b) After it was kicked out, Inglis was then playing at the ball when it went off his arm, and not a Ricochet/Accidental Strike as defined in the rulebook
    c) The above was so clear cut that the "benefit of the doubt to the attacking team" rule that was in place at the time should have been ignored
    d) Smith shaking Inglis' hand was because he got one over the refs, not because he had just broken the record to be the greatest tryscorer in origin history.

That'll do me.

All I want, is for one of you fucking QLD Morons to say "haha yeah it was a dodgy call, but we got it, soooo too bad"

To argue that its a clear cut try...... just... WOW

Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed May 25, 2016 6:53 pm

Dip wrote:Righto, so what you guys are telling me is (and keeping in mind all of a to c need to be satisfied for it not to be a try):

That'll do me.

If the ball comes off your arm forward regardless to whether it's played at or not if it's propelled forward it's a knock on. Thanks for clearly what everyone already knew, no try. NSW robbed.

Let's move on to the Jarryd Hayne foot on the line.

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2016 7:15 pm

Pieman wrote:

All I want, is for one of you fucking QLD Morons to say "haha yeah it was a dodgy call, but we got it, soooo too bad"

Guess what? It was a dodgy call! HAHAHAHAA

Happy now cunt? NSW still lost 8 in a row so suck it up.

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2016 7:17 pm

Honeysett wrote:

If the ball comes off your arm forward regardless to whether it's played at or not if it's propelled forward it's a knock on. Thanks for clearly what everyone already knew, no try. NSW robbed.

Put your left foot in, put your left foot out, put your left foot in and shake it all about, do the Hayne Plane and switch codes, thats what its all about!
    Dip

Post by Dip Wed May 25, 2016 7:19 pm

Honeysett wrote:

Mate you're embarrassing yourself. Here's a direct excerpt from the official rules:

KNOCK-ON means to knock the ball forward towards the opponents’ dead ball line with hand or arm while playing at the ball.
    Dip

Post by Dip Wed May 25, 2016 7:51 pm

Pieman wrote:

The Hodges try was a dodgy try no question. The Inglis try was a cut and dry correct outcome. In fact it wasn't even his dodgiest try in origin. The one that was disallowed in game 2 last year was far more debatable.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed May 25, 2016 8:11 pm

Dip wrote:

The Hodges try was a dodgy try no question. The Inglis try was a cut and dry correct outcome. In fact it wasn't even his dodgiest try in origin. The one that was disallowed in game 2 last year was far more debatable.

Totally agree - it was a dodgy one - but we got the call so sucked in
    Why is it so hard to say that about the blatant inglis knock on one?

lol
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed May 25, 2016 8:12 pm

Dip wrote:

Mate you're embarrassing yourself. Here's a direct excerpt from the official rules:

KNOCK-ON    means to knock the ball forward towards the opponents’ dead ball line with hand or arm while playing at the ball.

Thats literally exactly what happened. It bounced 2/3 times off his forearm when he was trying to regather it.
    It then hits the ground.
    Then he regathers it.

Textbook knock on, thanks for that.
    Dip

Post by Dip Wed May 25, 2016 8:26 pm

You'd be in the minority who think that. I don't think he tries to regathering it at all and only puts his hand on a grounded ball. Maybe the definition on tvs is different in NSW to QLD. I love bias at this time of the year. Lol.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed May 25, 2016 8:27 pm

Dip wrote:

KNOCK-ON    means to knock the ball forward towards the opponents’ dead ball line with hand or arm while playing at the ball.

Rolling Eyes

Cause he doesn't try and regather.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed May 25, 2016 8:28 pm

Dip wrote:You'd be in the minority who think that. I don't think he tries to regathering it at all and only puts his hand on a grounded ball. Maybe the definition on tvs is different in NSW to QLD. I love bias at this time of the year. Lol.

There are those who are right and those who are wrong. You're in the latter.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:34 pm