NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 63

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 63 - Page 15 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 63

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:41 pm

No Worries wrote:

Is that a fancy way of saying cashier at the Chemist ?

haha, yeah, fancy way of saying I do a bit of everything I guess.... basically Im a researcher!
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:45 pm

lukeaye wrote:No footy for 1 week and we all lose our minds.

What happens to you guys in the off-season?

I have no sob story, life has always been ok to me, bar the odd family sickness and tragedy which touches all our lives. I will share one anecdote though.

There is a lady who stands outside my building in the city with Big Issue magazines, she is quite old and just has the sadest, most defeated and depressed face I've ever seen. I don't usually look at people on the streets or pay attention to the less fortunate but her face honestly makes me pause and consider her life.

I can't help but think, what keeps her going? she is old, no money barely talks to anyone, why hasn't she just ended it? I think I would. I then think about it some more and it occurs to me that happiness and value are relative. I've always known this, but it just really found more context after considering her for a while. She could find happiness eating a piece of cake, feeding some ducks, watching the sunset, helping another homeless person. What actually makes my life any better than hers?

We have different opportunity sets, we do different things, but I think we are really good at adapting. I can think of times in my life where i had it much much worse off, in between a job, not sure what to do next but I was still really happy, I found things to be happy about.

I think the thing that I'm most grateful for, and luckiest to have, is my practical sense of moral and social relativity. I know that I will always be valuable and find value in some environment regardless of it's social prestige. I think that is the missing piece for a lot of people as we get caught up in what constitutes a good life, or worth living.

In a nutshell, happiness and value within life or a job is completely relative. As an example being a worker in aged care facility, in my view is one of the greatest social goods a person can provide and you absolutely should be proud and happy with the gift you give to people everyday, regardless of what economic value your pay (employer) puts on it.

11/10. Did not expect to find emotionally moving philosophy on League forum. Would recommend.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:47 pm

If Haas is out as well as Fifita, this would be my 17:

Cook
    Taupau, Tauk
    Taumalolo, Murray, Martin
    Cleary, Pearce
    Bateman, Nikora
    Tedesco, Ponga, RTS

Smith, McInnes, Xerri, Maranta

with no cover thanks to Holding Brittain and Dearden
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:50 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:

11/10. Did not expect to find emotionally moving philosophy on League forum. Would recommend.

It doesn't interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart's longing.
    It doesn't interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool for love, for your dream, for the adventure of being alive.
    It doesn't interest me what planets are squaring your moon. I want to know if you have touched the centre of your own sorrow, if you have been opened by life's betrayals or have become shrivelled and closed from fear of further pain.
    I want to know if you can sit with pain, mine or your own, without moving to hide it, or fade it, or fix it.
    I want to know if you can be with joy, mine or your own; if you can dance with wildness and let the ecstasy fill you to the tips of your fingers and toes without cautioning us to be careful, be realistic, remember the limitations of being human.
    It doesn't interest me if the story you are telling me is true. I want to know if you can disappoint another to be true to yourself. If you can bear the accusation of betrayal and not betray your own soul. If you can be faithless and therefore trustworthy.
    I want to know if you can see Beauty even when it is not pretty every day. And if you can source your own life from its presence.
    I want to know if you can live with failure, yours and mine, and still stand at the edge of the lake and shout to the silver of the full moon, 'Yes.'
    It doesn't interest me to know where you live or how much money you have. I want to know if you can get up after the night of grief and despair, weary and bruised to the bone and do what needs to be done to feed the children.
    It doesn't interest me who you know or how you came to be here. I want to know if you will stand in the centre of the fire with me and not shrink back.
    It doesn't interest me where or what or with whom you have studied. I want to know what sustains you from the inside when all else falls away.
    I want to know if you can be alone with yourself and if you truly like the company you keep in the empty moments.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:51 pm

filthridden wrote:If Haas is out as well as Fifita, this would be my 17:

Cook
    Taupau, Tauk
    Taumalolo, Murray, Martin
    Cleary, Pearce
    Bateman, Nikora
    Tedesco, Ponga, RTS

Smith, McInnes, Xerri, Maranta

with no cover thanks to Holding Brittain and Dearden

2 out would also give me only 17 for the round, fingers crossed none of my players get injured during rep duties and origin. Everyone should back-up with a normal turn-around
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

Post by Johnny B Goode Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:53 pm

This would be my team if Haas was ruled out

Cook
    Taupau, Carrigan
    Lolo, Murray, Matterson
    Mann, Moses
    Bateman, Nikora
    RTS, Ponga, Teddy

McInnes, Smith, Farah, Robson

Havili, Fifita, Haas, Lomax

It's dire. The fact I might have a few more R16 players than most might help keep me afloat though. Targeting SJ and a R16 cash-out if news comes in Lomax is unlikely for R17.

Post by Guest Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:58 pm

filthridden wrote:Where are all the accountants at? I thought this place was full of them.

Here! o/

Post by Guest Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:16 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:

Haha cheers!

I work with accountants. Im in a big office servicing their clients as a financial adviser. That's what appealed to me about fantasy nrl, stats, probability, decision making and the odd shoulder charge.
    churg
    churg

Post by churg Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:19 pm

Fortitude wrote:

Not sure if this is a serious question, but I used to work at an abattoir 10yrs ago.
    Na mate it's a serious question, I work at an abattoir part time.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:20 pm

churg wrote:

Funny story about abattoir's. Me and my Mrs were visiting some friends down on the Hawkesbury and we were driving behind this truck full of sheep and we were all like "OMG so cute, they are so fluffy and white" and then the truck turned into an abattoir and instant sadness took over.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:25 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:

Funny story about abattoir's. Me and my Mrs were visiting some friends down on the Hawkesbury and we were driving behind this truck full of sheep and we were all like "OMG so cute, they are so fluffy and white" and then the truck turned into an abattoir and instant sadness took over.

Worst. Transformer. Ever.

Post by Guest Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:35 pm

My 17 if Haas is ruled out

Cook
    SST, Taupau
    Bateman, Murray, Lolo
    Cleary, Watson
    Xerri, Nikora
    Teddy, Ponga, rts

McInnis, CS9, Havili, To'o
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:44 pm

Fuck me I am going crazy with no footy. I guess it's true. You don't know what you have until it's gone. I can't wait to be named next moderator.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:13 pm

churg wrote:

I worked the slaughter floor for 6-8mths between school and uni. Took 12mths to go start eating lamb again. The smell has never left me
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:18 pm

Geez if Haas is out, it'll be Arrow to a dualy like Kapow to cover the prop shortage
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:18 pm

Got the good stuff going, it's a part of what makes this forum special.
    Reklaw referring to his underwear twice in a week is a concern though

Great words Filth and Lukeaye, this is the interesting stuff when u see others thinking on a deeper more personable level. Awesome.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:27 pm

If Haas is out, I'll be even more inclined to trade Fifita, but will then pick up SST instead of Milford and get Milford next week, leaving me with 157k, 8 trades and have to play Havili (or maybe Carrigan if he's starting...). If Haas is fine, I get Milford instead and drop Havili to EMG

Cook
    Taupau SST
    JFH Murray Taumalolo
    Munster Ponga
    Bateman Nikora
    Tedesco RTS Watson

McInnes Smith Xerri Havili
    Carrigan Haas Lomax Dearden
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:28 pm

No Worries wrote:And in fantasy news .......................................

Melbourne Storm prop Patrick Kaufusi is set to sign with the St George Illawarra Dragons, effective immediately.

Mulvy wrote:

Could be a good rd 16 cash out.

What would his role look like? 30 mins of the bench?
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:33 pm

filthridden wrote:

Worst. Transformer. Ever.

lol!

Post by Guest Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:37 pm

Not one masturbation joke from the working with meat chat. I'm proud of us

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 8:06 am