NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NFL Fantasy

Welshy
    Welshy

NFL Fantasy  - Page 41 Empty Re: NFL Fantasy

Post by Welshy Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:10 am

NFL Fantasy  - Page 41 14tu4pw

helping out @ASIO in L2 as he couldn't attend the draft

picking 4th in this draft which is where I like to be and got my favourite player in the draft

they say its turning into a WR led fantasy league but I still believe in grabbing the topline RB's

Team Benson draft results....

1. Todd Gurley - most talented back in the NFL overtaking an aging AP, inline for a absolute mammoth workload, stacked boxes won't stop Gurley this year
    2. Devonta Freeman - don't believe any of the Coleman stealing Freemans snaps bollocks, he is a huge asset in both the run and pass game and will stay in for 3 downs early and often, he won't go on a run like last year but his snap count will still be massive and I'm expecting big things again

These next few rounds is where I thought I absolutely smashed the draft to pieces..

3 & 4. getting 2 WR1s in rounds 3 and 4 is criminal seemings I had already drafted 2 RBs in the previous rounds, both are huge, young studs in the WR game, they will dominate the targets on their teams and if Evans doesn't have the dropsies again I expecting 10+ Td's from the both of them!Jeffrey in the 4th is especially criminal, call the cops there has been a theft!

5. Jamaal Charles in the 5th! fuck me! injury prone...yes but this guy is a superstar and a fantasy monster..Jamall Charles in the Flex! yes please!

6. Russell Wilson - After filling both starting RB slots, both WR AND m FLEX I went with the top 3 fantasy QB in Wilson! to quote Friday Night Lights Wilson can do EVERYTHING - That boy can play some football. He can play left, he can play right, don't make no difference. He can block, tackle, score the touch down, snap the ball, and kick the extra point. Hell, the boy will fill up the Gatorade cooler, walk the dog, and paint your back porch. I'm telling ya, the boy can plain out play football.
    OOOOOOOOOOOOHH! And he can pass!

7&8. Getting 2 guys of Forte and Mathews caliber here was massive, both RB2s but will be  filling in the FLEX role with ease in this team! Need that RB depth!

9. early for gordon here but gettin WR1 potential in the 9th is hard to pass up, will give him a few weeks to adjust back after his suspenion ends but what a player to bring into the mix if he picks up where he left off!

10. More RB depth! Jennings this late another steal, will be a bell cow this year

11*, 12 & 13. All about upside this late, dropped Mathews for an injured TE in Julius Thomas on waivers. massive endzone threat in a quality offence, servicable TE until Eirfert returns....massive upside in the Marvin Jones pick should be WR 1 in the high powered passing Lions Offence

14,15. 2 Panthers. Solid Defence and a quality kicker. don't need nothing more!

very, very, very happy with this draft
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:21 am

L3 - Bundah Boys. I drafted #1, found it pretty tricky, as you drafted twice in a row and then watched all the guys you wanted disappear from the board. But happy with the outcome - good depth in WR and RB.

Rd 1.1: Antonio Brown
    Rd 2.8: Mark Ingram – wanted a RB, best on board
    Rd 3.1: Mike Evans – lots of upside, better for a year together with Winston
    Rd 4.8: Amari Cooper – again primed for potential breakout, slipped a bit so happy to snap him up
    Rd 5.1: CJ Anderson – again needed a RB, hoping he steps up as Denver’s top running back. Bit worried about the Broncos as a whole this year.
    Rd 6.8: Eric Decker – solid pickup, happy with him as WR4 if not higher
    Rd 7.1: Jeremy Langford – hopefully can step up with Matt Forte gone
    Rd 8.8: Michael Floyd – read that he was primed for a step up, plus it’s a contract year
    Rd 9.1: Andrew Luck – best QB on the board
    Rd 10.8: Frank Gore – solid backup RB
    Rd 11.1: Giovani Bernard – solid backup RB
    Rd 12.8: Seahawks D/ST
    Rd 13.1: Zach Ertz – highest ranked TE left. Was panicking a bit by this stage, as all the TE options I’d scouted were gone.
    Rd 14.8: Justin Tucker – best K on the board
    Rd 15.1: Tyler Lockett – bit of a flyer: been reading that the Seahawks are high on him.
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:28 am

L2 - West End Warriors. I ended up drafting in league 2 as well when someone pulled out. I drafted #8 so again I ended up picking two guys in a row each time. Again draft looks ok to me. Ended up with four of the same players as in L3.

Rd 1.8: AJ Green –WR1
    Rd 2.1: Lamar Miller – hoping he’ll be even better at Houston.
    Rd 3.8: Mark Ingram – best RB on the board at this stage
    Rd 4.1: Keenan Allen – expecting him to step up this season
    Rd 5.8: Randall Cobb – good pickup at this stage
    Rd 6.1: Latavius Murray – best available RB at this stage
    Rd 7.8: Michael Floyd – read that he was primed for a step up, plus it’s a contract year
    Rd 8.1: DeMarco Murray – don’t really like this pick – worried about Derrick Henry taking over
    Rd 9.8: Ben Roethlisberger – OK with him as QB
    Rd 10.1: Travis Kelce – probably could have waited another round or two, but didn’t want to get stuck on a TE like I did in the L3 draft
    Rd 11.8: Chris Ivory – I wanted Derrick Henry but someone took him just before me. Read he was likely to play a more prominent role now he’s at Jacksonville
    Rd 12.1: Tyler Lockett - bit of a flyer: been reading that the Seahawks are high on him.
    Rd 13.8: Seahawks D/ST
    Rd 14.1: Adam Vinateri – best K on the board
    Rd 15.1: Blake Bortles – no idea why I picked him up in the end, maybe just in case he starts scoring like last year.
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:30 am

Now, can someone explain to me why depth in an NFL fantasy team is a good thing? Because of injuries and/or match-ups? Am used to the guns and cows approach of NRL fantasy.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:47 am

jelejasof wrote:Now, can someone explain to me why depth in an NFL fantasy team is a good thing?  Because of injuries and/or match-ups?  Am used to the guns and cows approach of NRL fantasy.
    massively important as well as the waiver wire, unlike NRL fantasy only one player in the league has that certain player and no trades to dump your underperformers or injuries your depth can come in right away and right the wrongs of underperformers in your side, can be used as trade bait to upgrade starters later in the season etc if they start doing well
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:36 am

Because of match-ups (opponents) the top 3-4 WR and RB in the comp wont really be to affected by the defences they play but the others will. Keep on an eye on what teams are giving up heaps of points to each position and when one of your bench guys play them it could be time to bring them in, especially if your normal starter has a bad match-up. In articles you might read them say these players are good for "streaming" thats all this is.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:41 am

Shanbon wrote:Because of match-ups (opponents) the top 3-4 WR and RB in the comp wont really be to affected by the defences they play but the others will. Keep on an eye on what teams are giving up heaps of points to each position and when one of your bench guys play them it could be time to bring them in, especially if your normal starter has a bad match-up. In articles you might read them say these players are good for "streaming" thats all this is.
    another great niche shanbon on the importance of depth!
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

Post by BroncHose Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:57 am

Archer wrote:So, apparently WR's are the strength of my team but I'm lacking a bit of RB depth and should look for a trade.
    L2, who's got a tasty RB but needs a WR?

Not sure how tasty you see Gio Bernard, but given my other RB options and depth, I'd be happy to part depending on your interest and offer... Question
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:52 am

L1 - Jonathan Stewart (Panthers) on the chopping block if anyone interested.

One of 3 auto picks in my team, trying to maintain interest.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:23 pm

I'll get around to getting mine up a little later guys, had a massive weekend and then spent most of my day yesterday at airports etc so haven't really had a chance to get a look into this as of yet.

I'm sure I'll have a few tinkerers to speak with you about @Archer.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:03 pm

Revraiser wrote:L1 - Jonathan Stewart (Panthers) on the chopping block if anyone interested.

One of 3 auto picks in my team, trying to maintain interest.
    No thanks lad not with Lacy, McCoy, Hill Gore and Jennings in the fold

i'll take Cooks or Watkins off you though? any interest
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:04 pm

Remember season kicks off tomorrow for anyone who owns any Broncos or Panther players, get them locked in!
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:16 pm

Welshy wrote:Remember season kicks off tomorrow for anyone who owns any Broncos or Panther players, get them locked in!

Accept my trade.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:16 pm

Random wrote:

Accept my trade.
    Haven't seen one bro, will take a gander now
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:21 pm

Welshy wrote:
    Random wrote:

Accept my trade.
    Haven't seen one bro, will take a gander now

Dont gander, dont even look at it. Just accept it.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:36 pm

Random wrote:

Dont gander, dont even look at it. Just accept it.
    No mate not interested, Ivory if he was still at the Jets then yes but too much of a job share at the Jags so will be fueled by TD's too much and I don't like Jones!
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:13 pm

Welshy wrote:Remember season kicks off tomorrow for anyone who owns any Broncos or Panther players, get them locked in!

I thoughts we still had a couple days till that game - am I missing something?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:18 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

I thoughts we still had a couple days till that game - am I missing something?
    Thursday night my bad thought it was Wednesday haha  Embarassed
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:30 pm

@Dreadlord

offered you a trade fella
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:34 pm

Welshy wrote:
    No thanks lad not with Lacy, McCoy, Hill Gore and Jennings in the fold

i'll take Cooks or Watkins off you though? any interest

Keen on Cooks for depth now and Watkins is a no go. Unless he snaps again he will stay put.
    Looks like i will have the added challenge of streaming RB's all through the season haha, usually it is just QB's and defenses.
    Who has Langford and doesnt want him ?
    I kid you not, when we did our league 1 draft i had Amari Cooper in my selection and pressed 'draft player' .. the 2-3 seconds it was taking to lock choices in is what made the first auto selection kick in (stewart).

And, the first game is friday lads ! Not tomorrow !

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:21 pm