NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NFL Fantasy

RandomSil
    RandomSil

NFL Fantasy  - Page 40 Empty Re: NFL Fantasy

Post by RandomSil Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:14 pm

Trade offer there for you Beast.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:21 pm

BroncHose wrote:My League 2 review. Disclaimer - First crack at following NFL close enough to try and understand what to do for this game. I learned my lesson about butchering the site ranking, as I lost track of what other top players available. Made tracking the best available very difficult and I could only rely on my own research - very dangerous.

Spoiler:

In the end, using the 94 point formula and the espn projections - I only got to 90. So hopefully some of the rookies can fire...

Do you have a link to the article?
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:32 am

Shanbon wrote:D Freeman up for trade for a WR (L3)

Cheers Shanbon, would be interested but dont think i can offer you anything much as i am not prepared to gove up my top two WRs (brown and evans). Good luck.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:25 am

@shanbon offered you a trade lad....Freeman and Shepherd for Demarco Murray and Kelvin Benjamin
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:19 pm

Welshy wrote:@shanbon offered you a trade lad....Freeman and Shepherd for Demarco Murray and Kelvin Benjamin

hey sorry didnt add notes but i declined. Was going to counter but i didnt really think you would give up Green in preseason.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:30 pm

Shanbon wrote:

hey sorry didnt add notes but i declined. Was going to counter but i didnt really think you would give up Green in preseason.
    Not for Devonta, but I don't think he will fall off the cliff no where near as much as people think

open to other offers mate
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:31 pm

will post team write-ups when i get 5 in work been out all weekend, so not had chance to get on a desk top!
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:56 pm

So a quick bodged
    Team list:

I'll add the draft info and some hacked up reasoning later once I knock off work for the day, maybe.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:47 pm

NFL Fantasy  - Page 40 1z6ghuh

League 1 draft results for the Ravens!

Hate going first, too many picks inbetween the back to backs make it difficult to land who you want without sometimes reaching for players to guarantee you get them

1.Brown the obvious No.1 overall choice but I did think about going Gurley, Brown has a high floor and the top ceiling in NFL fantasy
    2 & 3. Like I mentioned earlier picking 1st and (8th) means a lot of time between picks so missed out on my R2 RB target in Lamar Miller but i was massively happy with landing Shady and Lacy, McCoy is the bell cow back in a run first team without their goaline snatcher Karlos Williams this year, more TD's coming from Shady this year, picked Lacy first overall last year and his was a massive dissapointment, slimmer and in a contract year, the return of Nelson unplugging the middle he will go massive this year!
    4.Figured guys would sleep on Allen, massive target hog and will be atop 5 WR this year
    5.Wowsers getting Cooper in the 5th was an absolute steal, kid is a superstar getting a borderline No.1 reciever in my flex spot!
    6.More value in the 6th grabbing Wilson. top 3 QB
    7, 8&9. RB heavy here, Hill has the most TD's for a RB since 2014 and Gore and Jennings are bell cows, great depth and flex options
    10. plenty of WR depth to pick up later so I grabbed the best D in football early, if they regress I know my chargers have a shot at the AFC West this year....
    11. grabbed the lions probable top passing option in Jones, Stafford loves to throw the ball will get plenty of targets
    12. Fleener could go boom this year playing in a saint O that loves passing to the TE
    13. Coleman has huge upside as the No1 target in Cleveland until Gordon returns and or gets suspended again...
    14. plenty of points for GB this year means plenty for Crosby
    15. big play potential and hopefully some 2nd year progression from the dynamic Lockett

really, really happy with this draft
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

Post by BroncHose Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:04 pm

Shanbon wrote:

Do you have a link to the article?

It was the Draft Manifesto that I read over. Apparently he publishes one every year and he cites that out of the winning teams from the last 3 years or so, they all had a weekly average of 93-94 points. He then breaks it down by position. Link:

http://www.espn.com/fantasy/football/story/_/id/17157660/strategy-secrets-tips-how-draft-fantasy-football
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

Post by BroncHose Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:06 pm

Welshy wrote:NFL Fantasy  - Page 40 1z6ghuh

League 1 draft results for the Ravens!

Hate going first, too many picks inbetween the back to backs make it difficult to land who you want without sometimes reaching for players to guarantee you get them

1.Brown the obvious No.1 overall choice but I did think about going Gurley, Brown has a high floor and the top ceiling in NFL fantasy
    2 & 3. Like I mentioned earlier picking 1st and (8th) means a lot of time between picks so missed out on my R2 RB target in Lamar Miller but i was massively happy with landing Shady and Lacy, McCoy is the bell cow back in a run first team without their goaline snatcher Karlos Williams this year, more TD's coming from Shady this year, picked Lacy first overall last year and his was a massive dissapointment, slimmer and in a contract year, the return of Nelson unplugging the middle he will go massive this year!
    4.Figured guys would sleep on Allen, massive target hog and will be atop 5 WR this year
    5.Wowsers getting Cooper in the 5th was an absolute steal, kid is a superstar getting a borderline No.1 reciever in my flex spot!
    6.More value in the 6th grabbing Wilson. top 3 QB
    7, 8&9. RB heavy here, Hill has the most TD's for a RB since 2014 and Gore and Jennings are bell cows, great depth and flex options
    10. plenty of WR depth to pick up later so I grabbed the best D in football early, if they regress I know my chargers have a shot at the AFC West this year....
    11. grabbed the lions probable top passing option in Jones, Stafford loves to throw the ball will get plenty of targets
    12. Fleener could go boom this year playing in a saint O that loves passing to the TE
    13. Coleman has huge upside as the No1 target in Cleveland until Gordon returns and or gets suspended again...
    14. plenty of points for GB this year means plenty for Crosby
    15. big play potential and hopefully some 2nd year progression from the dynamic Lockett

really, really happy with this draft

Wow - that 1-8 is wicked!!! glad I'm in L2 now.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:51 pm

BroncHose wrote:

Wow - that 1-8 is wicked!!! glad I'm in L2 now.
    Just lucky how the draft landed really, tough to figure out whats best this early but really happy with how it looks!
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:29 pm

So, apparently WR's are the strength of my team but I'm lacking a bit of RB depth and should look for a trade.
    L2, who's got a tasty RB but needs a WR?
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:32 pm

You can trust me, I'll be gentle the first time.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:41 pm

Random wrote:Hold up can someone quickly fill me in on who won the Eliminator and who was our highest ranked Overall player?
    Well it's probably a little early to call mate.
    Though you can go ahead and list me down for both if you like.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:44 pm

Good thing I quoted you before you ninja'd it out of the thread, saw that coming!
    IM NOT CRAZY
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:45 pm

Archer wrote:Good thing I quoted you before you ninja'd it out of the thread, saw that coming!

haha got him Arch!!!
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:52 pm

Archer wrote:
    Random wrote:Hold up can someone quickly fill me in on who won the Eliminator and who was our highest ranked Overall player?
    Well it's probably a little early to call mate.
    Though you can go ahead and list me down for both if you like.

I hate you.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:53 pm

Archer wrote:So, apparently WR's are the strength of my team but I'm lacking a bit of RB depth and should look for a trade.
    L2, who's got a tasty RB but needs a WR?

I am in the same position in League 1.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:01 pm

Random wrote:

I hate you.
    Yeah but your predictions told me that already... 10th!!!!

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 8:20 am