NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Jump on the Rein Train?

Poll

Should we get Rein

[ 8 ]
    Jump on the Rein Train? Bar_left33%Jump on the Rein Train? Bar_right [33%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Jump on the Rein Train? Bar_left21%Jump on the Rein Train? Bar_right [21%] 
    [ 11 ]
    Jump on the Rein Train? Bar_left46%Jump on the Rein Train? Bar_right [46%] 

Total Votes: 24
    Poll closed
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Jump on the Rein Train? Empty Jump on the Rein Train?

Post by Milchcow Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:33 pm

So with news Peats is out, possibly long term, do we want to make a play for Mitch Rein.

This poll is non-binding, Ranta has the final say

Jump on the Rein Train? Empty Re: Jump on the Rein Train?

Post by Guest Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:57 pm

Next week imo. Need a bit more news and I think Macca might be a better trade out..... perhaps
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:25 pm

Wait for Macca
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:13 pm

Haha, well done Milchy. Just caught up and came to post this myself.

I'm in favour of getting him this week. The reason we don't is a wait and see to move Macca next week. But if we do want him then we only have 1 trade next week. We will also likely want Tedesco next week and there could be other options too. Spending the trade this week gives us more options next week.

I also prefer Burr going out of all our options due to limited minutes

Waiting Benefits:
    1. More news on Peats Injury (timeframe is rough at the moment)
    2. Most cash isn't made in the first week (Week 2 will have the super low BE if his form is as we expect)
    3. Burr/Capewell/Sivo likely make more cash this week than Rein

Doing Now Benefits
    1. Gives us two trades next week (rather than 1 if we do want Rein)
    2. Bigger score this week
    3. One week ahead of other teams
    4. Who doesn't love spending all our trades. Less polls for me if we are out of trades in week 16 Smile

Injury News: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/03/29/titans-star-peats-facing-three-months-out-with-pec-injury/
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:04 pm

Yes for Burr for me lads!

Post by Guest Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:07 pm

I voted yes for Burr. If both my trades weren’t tied up in the Broncos Dragons game I would have traded him in this week myself
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:12 pm

Next week we will want other trades, take the opportunity to get the 3rd trade in this week and have 2 other shots at great options next week.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:12 pm

Burr is looking safer every week the prick
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:14 pm

The main reason we'd want 2 trades next week is to bring in 2 of Teddy/Crichton/Bateman

But if we use our cash on Burr - Rein then I am not sure we'll be able to afford 2 bring in 2 of those.

Can we do Burr - Rein and then bring in Bateman + Teddy next week?
    Maybe Macca/Lane to Teddy/Bateman, but that might be tight, haven't looked at potential price rises too closely.

I am just not sure that we'll be able to massively benefit from the extra trade next week if we use our bankroll on Burr.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:17 pm

Doing it this week seems like chasing last weeks score to me. We have a perfect trade out in Macca, play the long game.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:18 pm

Milchy wrote:
    The main reason we'd want 2 trades next week is to bring in 2 of Teddy/Crichton/Bateman

But if we use our cash on Burr - Rein then I am not sure we'll be able to afford 2 bring in 2 of those.

Maybe Macca/Lane to Teddy/Bateman, but that might be tight, haven't looked at potential price rises too closely.

I am just not sure that we'll be able to massively benefit from the extra trade next week if we use our bankroll on Burr.

If it is a matter of cash, then trading Capewell this week and Macca and Lane next week could do the trick.

Gives 3 upgrades - Bateman for Capewell, Rein is a better option than Macca and would put Crichton or Teddy as a great upgrade for Lane.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:21 pm

mattnz wrote:
    Milchy wrote:

If it is a matter of cash, then trading Capewell this week and Macca and Lane next week could do the trick.

Gives 3 upgrades - Bateman for Capewell, Rein is a better option than Macca and would put Crichton or Teddy as a great upgrade for Lane.

If we know enough already this Round then this sounds like a decent plan.  

Burr would drain too much of the kitty surely.  How much is the kitty lads?
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:22 pm

Krump wrote:Doing it this week seems like chasing last weeks score to me. We have a perfect trade out in Macca, play the long game.

Nothing to do with scores, it is getting 3 trades instead of 2 at a critical time when there are multiple players we need in for those that arent performing as well as required in the team.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:26 pm

I see the advantage of getting 3 trades instead of 2. but if one of those trades ends up a bit sideways, the gain isn't that great.

McCullough everyone will be happy to move on next week.
    Not sure we need to ditch Lane in a hurry
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:31 pm

Will Burr's potential rise in value offset any rise by Rein? Is Burr going to be a trade target next week regardless? Is our primary concern right now money, points, trades or all of the above? If it's money then I think sitting for this round is fine. Burr will still make money, Rein will too (but possibly less than Burr) and Macca has already played so his fate is somewhat predetermined. If it's points then the trade to Rein makes sense. If it's trades then holding is the most important as Burr and Capewell are still on the up.

I actually wish there was an option to vote to sit on the fence because I see valid arguments on both sides. I voted no trade solely because I personally take that option when I'm not sure
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:00 am

StuDogg101 wrote:Will Burr's potential rise in value offset any rise by Rein? Is Burr going to be a trade target next week regardless? Is our primary concern right now money, points, trades or all of the above? If it's money then I think sitting for this round is fine. Burr will still make money, Rein will too (but possibly less than Burr) and Macca has already played so his fate is somewhat predetermined. If it's points then the trade to Rein makes sense. If it's trades then holding is the most important as Burr and Capewell are still on the up.

I actually wish there was an option to vote to sit on the fence because I see valid arguments on both sides. I voted no trade solely because I personally take that option when I'm not sure
    Absolute quality post.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:05 am

mattnz wrote:

Nothing to do with scores, it is getting 3 trades instead of 2 at a critical time when there are multiple players we need in for those that arent performing as well as required in the team.
    It’s absolutely like chasing last weeks scores. We’re talking about trading out some who still has upside to someone who may have more upside. That extra trade would be amazing if the broncos ever played after Friday but they don’t. We have a perfect trade next week if we wait. It’s a long comp and hurting our potential now could really hurt in the long run. 

I’m so glad I’m not Ranta, this is all the things we worried about in the pre season.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:15 am

If only doing 2 trades next week, which of these options are we happy to forego?
    1. Rein
    2. Teddy
    3. Bateman
    4. Crichton
    5. Any other great opportunity that arises

If Rein is one of the top options we dont want to miss the next 2 weeks, then getting him in this week makes sense. If he isnt a priority, then not trading is the option. To me, we dont want to miss him.

The players to exit next week will come from:
    a) form / opportunity
    b) potential injuries as many havent played yet
    c) players dropped

Macca, Mahoney, Burr, Capewell, Lane are known options that could be utilized. There may be others that also arise.

My vote is take the trade this week as it leaves the most options for next week, especially as it adds another hooker, that leaves cover to trade either Macca, Mahoney or even potentially both.
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:15 am

3 trades vs 2 arguments need to have cash looked at.

Cash in the bank: 251k

Trade Outs:

1. Macca - MTB says 716k.
    2. Burr - 292k now. 30pts puts him at 326k (+24k)
    3. Mahoney 569k / Lane 630k / Edwards 510k (if he scores 35)

Trade Ins:

1. Tedesco - 722k
    2. Bateman - 714k
    3. Rein - 477k now. With a 40/50 he becomes 486/498k (+9/21k)

The Math says

Burr to Rein = 477 - 292 = -185k
    Leaves 66k ITB

Even if we trade Lane it's not going to be quite enough to pickup Tedesco, Bateman and Rein

Lane + Macca + Bank = 630+716+66 = 1,412k
    Tedesco + Bateman = 722+714 = 1,436k

To get all 3 we need to trade a player over 320k. We can't do Edwards to Rein as all our WFBs are locked out.

Assuming we don't get Rein we can double trade next week via:

Macca + Bank = 967k. So we need 469k so anyone of Mahoney, Lane or Edwards would be fine or even Capewell maybe.
    or
    Lane + Mahoney + Bank = 630 + 569 + 251 = 1,450k

TLDR: We need to make a choice between Tedesco and Bateman if we want Burr to Rein. Or we can forego Rein and get Tedesco and Bateman. Or we can trade a player above 320k this week to Rein and get Tedesco/Bateman next week for Lane and Macca.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:43 am

I get the impression that there is a bit of  support for trading Macca out this coming week to finance trades. The questions become
    1. Are we OK with Mahoney being the primary and ONLY hooker when that trade is done?

If the answer is no, then Rein should come in this week as primary hooker to allow 2 other big upgrades.

2. If we have Bateman next week, do we really care that we no longer have Capewell? My guess is no we don't care any more.

Team balance can be maintained better next week, by doing the extra trade this week.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:04 am