NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Who to trade in for Rein (has to be a half or WFB)

Poll

Who to trade in?

[ 2 ]
    Who to trade in for Rein (has to be a half or WFB)  Bar_left8%Who to trade in for Rein (has to be a half or WFB)  Bar_right [8%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Who to trade in for Rein (has to be a half or WFB)  Bar_left4%Who to trade in for Rein (has to be a half or WFB)  Bar_right [4%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Who to trade in for Rein (has to be a half or WFB)  Bar_left0%Who to trade in for Rein (has to be a half or WFB)  Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Who to trade in for Rein (has to be a half or WFB)  Bar_left0%Who to trade in for Rein (has to be a half or WFB)  Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 7 ]
    Who to trade in for Rein (has to be a half or WFB)  Bar_left28%Who to trade in for Rein (has to be a half or WFB)  Bar_right [28%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Who to trade in for Rein (has to be a half or WFB)  Bar_left12%Who to trade in for Rein (has to be a half or WFB)  Bar_right [12%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 12 ]
    Who to trade in for Rein (has to be a half or WFB)  Bar_left48%Who to trade in for Rein (has to be a half or WFB)  Bar_right [48%] 

Total Votes: 25
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Who to trade in for Rein (has to be a half or WFB)  Empty Who to trade in for Rein (has to be a half or WFB)

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:06 am

We have the funds to pretty much bring anyone in except DCE. Obviously the less we spend here the more we have for later and once this is decided we will poll on whether we want to trade again this week.

It is likely that if we get a half this week we will get one of TTrbo or RTS (perhaps both) in the coming weeks.

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Who to trade in for Rein (has to be a half or WFB)  Empty Re: Who to trade in for Rein (has to be a half or WFB)

Post by Milchcow Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:11 pm

My problem with Pearce, is in matches where he doesn't have a try (minues the injury game), his average is 39.

Part of that can be ignored because for the first few weeks with Ponga at 6, the Knights just looked poor in general. I don't think he'll average as low as 39 for the rest of the year, but I'm not sure if he'll average as high as we'd like.

He's probably still the best R16 playing option though, as it's not like Brooks is any better.
    He's not on the trade in list but Shaun Johnson is actually pretty tempting as a discount half if he can come back from injury OK. Want to see him play a week first before getting him, but he'll drop cash and be nice and cheap for a potential 50 average.

But basically none of the halves options really excite me.
    Cash wise its much better waiting a week on RTS/TTrbo

So will basically end up with Pearce just by default.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Who to trade in for Rein (has to be a half or WFB)  Empty Re: Who to trade in for Rein (has to be a half or WFB)

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:23 pm

Milchy wrote:
    My problem with Pearce, is in matches where he doesn't have a try (minues the injury game), his average is 39.

Part of that can be ignored because for the first few weeks with Ponga at 6, the Knights just looked poor in general. I don't think he'll average as low as 39 for the rest of the year, but I'm not sure if he'll average as high as we'd like.

He's probably still the best R16 playing option though, as it's not like Brooks is any better.
    He's not on the trade in list but Shaun Johnson is actually pretty tempting as a discount half if he can come back from injury OK. Want to see him play a week first before getting him, but he'll drop cash and be nice and cheap for a potential 50 average.

But basically none of the halves options really excite me.
    Cash wise its much better waiting a week on RTS/TTrbo

So will basically end up with Pearce just by default.

Yeah I guess I could have added SJ but team lists dont have him starting so kinda hard to bring him in this week given we'd have to have him in our 17.

Agree with what you've said, and I kinda land on Pearce by default too, although I do see Watson as being a calculated risk option too given his price, and the fact we could trade him in and out given the number of trades we have...

For me its between Pearce and Watson and the poll is saying that too.

multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:43 pm

If we ignore the bye rounds Cleary is easily the best option on the list. Low of 34 and average of 50.8 in a team playing like busteds.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:45 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:If we ignore the bye rounds Cleary is easily the best option on the list. Low of 34 and average of 50.8 in a team playing like busteds.

Yeah agreed, but the problem is you cant ignore the bye round....

Cleary and Pearce average pretty similar, but the extra game means Pearce is worth 50 more (based on those averages).

Cleary would have to average a touch under 5 points more than Pearce just to balance out that extra game.

Theres a cost differential to take into account too though, but at this point IMO the currency is total points more than anything.

Im not sold on Pearce but Im with Milch in that I think by default he's the best option.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:48 pm

Yeah, I voted Pearce for the same reason
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:55 pm

If we go Cleary (or a cheaper option) the extra money may indeed be the difference between JTurbo or not later on.

Whoever we get this week, RTS next round can probably happen (unless he has another low score, and we want to ride longer with Sivo and CNK)

Is that worth Pearce's R16 points? Hard to say.

I'm actually tempted to bring in Twal/SST/forward.

Run Ponga/Milf in halves and Teddy/CNK/Sivo at WFB this week.

RTS, SJ, Ttrbo all should be good prices next week and we can choose then
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:04 pm

Also, how certain are we NSW won't pick Pearce in origin.
    His time is over, right?
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:33 pm

Milchy wrote:
    If we go Cleary (or a cheaper option) the extra money may indeed be the difference between JTurbo or not later on.

Whoever we get this week, RTS next round can probably happen (unless he has another low score, and we want to ride longer with Sivo and CNK)

Is that worth Pearce's R16 points? Hard to say.

I'm actually tempted to bring in Twal/SST/forward.

Run Ponga/Milf in halves and Teddy/CNK/Sivo at WFB this week.

RTS, SJ, Ttrbo all should be good prices next week and we can choose then

I thought we had to grab either a half or WFB? I would be happy to run Ponga/Milf in the halves with Teddy/CNK/Sivo for 1 week and take a look at halves options later. Twal/Matterson/SST/Finucane should all be on the cards
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:55 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

I thought we had to grab either a half or WFB? I would be happy to run Ponga/Milf in the halves with Teddy/CNK/Sivo for 1 week and take a look at halves options later. Twal/Matterson/SST/Finucane should all be on the cards

Agreed. Also, FWIW as long as Rein goes this week any of those options would be a go 🤑
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:17 pm

Here is the team

Who to trade in for Rein (has to be a half or WFB)  Commun19

Until we trade in a HLF or WFB we are playing without cover in both positions.
    if we don't tradfe one in this week , then next week might not help - as if we bring in RTS/a HLF/WFB Sivo and CBK are the main trade out choices which don't help us for actually having coverage.

Depends how risky we feel like being and how long we want to run without cover.
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:04 pm

Trading in Watson offers HLF/ W/FB cover. Has some money to make and plays round 16.
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:57 pm

Surprised by the level of Watson support with a limited number of trades up our sleeves.

I count 8 guys (Rein, Mahoney, AFB, Havili, Xerri, CNK, Sivo, Dearden) that we have 11 trades left to use on. Watson uses 9 and 10 if he's not staying on the team. Cash is great but we wont havve any tyades to spend it on.....

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:12 am

Cap'n Ranta wrote:Surprised by the level of Watson support with a limited number of trades up our sleeves.

I count 8 guys (Rein, Mahoney, AFB, Havili, Xerri, CNK, Sivo, Dearden) that we have 11 trades left to use on. Watson uses 9 and 10 if he's not staying on the team. Cash is great but we wont havve any tyades to spend it on.....

I'd argue AFB is borderline keeper so potentially just 7. But yeah, Im not sure its clear to all that are voting Watson that we will then be left with only three trades for the run home at a maximum once we trade him back out.

That said, Watson will make some money, and will mean we are comfortable in getting who ever we want for our final 17.

Also, as pointed out, Pearce has become the default option as opposed to the guy we actually want. Origin would be an absolute killer too.

At this stage it looks like Watson, in which case we can also grab basically anyone we want for Mahone/Sivo.

I'll put up another poll shortly for a potential second trade.

Before I do that, could we list all players we want to go on that Ballot? and are we just looking at round 16 guys?

Off the top of my head it would be:

SST
    Matterson (significant origin risk)
    Twal
    Finucane (origin risk?)
    Macca
    KBrom

Or we could use that trade to go early on a keeper like JTrbo which I dont think would be a bad idea as we could still grab an extra round 16 guy later, at a time we know who will actually be playing...

Thoughts?

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:23 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

SST
    Matterson (significant origin risk)
    Twal
    Finucane (origin risk?)
    Macca
    KBrom

I'd avoid Matterson just for origin risk

Don't need McCullough either - already have Smith, McInnes and are planning on Cook, don't need hooker overload. Especially one who has been uninspiring fantasy-wise until his last 2 games
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:54 am

Milchy wrote:

I'd avoid Matterson just for origin risk

Don't need McCullough either - already have Smith, McInnes and are planning on Cook, don't need hooker overload. Especially one who has been uninspiring fantasy-wise until his last 2 games

Yup makes sense.

My pick would be SST. I was just trying to be inclusive on the list...

Actually though I'd seriously consider JTrbo too assuming the plan is to get him anyway. He'd be the best boost to our current scoring.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:00 am

I'm not sold on Pearce so a forward this week gives us the chance to take a look at Johnson. I agree with Ranta on Watson as well, without knowing his role for the rest of the year he's just an expensive rd16 player who we may not be able to get rid of.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:03 am

Cap'n Ranta wrote:Surprised by the level of Watson support with a limited number of trades up our sleeves.

Sorry, didnt see this/respond to this. The cash would 100% be useful, both the cash saved, and the cash generated. IMO, based on my rough projections it would enable us to get who ever we want for our final 17. Without more cash generation we are borderline and may miss out on Cook...

Also, as posted we'd have 2 or 3 trades left over for the run home, after putting our final 21 together.

So I think it's a move that can make sense. But it does limit our other options.

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:07 am

Krump wrote:I'm not sold on Pearce so a forward this week gives us the chance to take a look at Johnson. I agree with Ranta on Watson as well, without knowing his role for the rest of the year he's just an expensive rd16 player who we may not be able to get rid of.

The problem is if we dont grab half/wfb this week we'd have no WFB/Half cover, would have to play both CNK and Sivo, and if Teddy gets a rest, which is rumoured, we'd be down a man.

I'm also not a big fan of SJ. if we bring him in I think we'd need to keep an extra trade in hand to deal with his inevitable injury. Its been three years since he has gone a season without missing 1 third of it. I'd say he's odds on to miss more games this year. At the Warriors he got rested on niggles as well. I dont see any reason why the Sharks won't do the same.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:15 am

Do we need a poll to ask if we are even wanting to trade in a WFB/Half? and instead take the risk that Teddy plays? The main issue I see with the later is that Sydney play last and if he was out we would have no real options but to cop a zero.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:06 pm