NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Wests Tigers 2016 Thread

standard-issue
    standard-issue

Wests Tigers 2016 Thread - Page 48 Empty Re: Wests Tigers 2016 Thread

Post by standard-issue Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:44 pm

Pieman wrote:
    Oz Sport Mad wrote:

My keyboard physically won't allow that particular combination of letters

you agreeing with me on this makes me think that I must be totally off the mark with it

lol!

Post by Guest Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:49 pm

Kyle Lovett charged with drug possession on 23rd December. Only told club today!
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:39 pm

Goneski's. Will probably see how hypocritical clubs can be now. A player they didn't want will get the arse A player they would want will get rehabilitated.

The Club Statement was very blunt. Referred to him as Lovett, not Kyle or Kyle Lovett as if they absolutely despise him.

Post by Guest Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:45 pm

[quote="SI"]Goneski's.  Will probably see how hypocritical clubs can be now.  A player they didn't want will get the arse  A player they would want will get rehabilitated.

The Club Statement was very blunt.  Referred to him as Lovett, not Kyle or Kyle Lovett as if they absolutely despise him.[/quote

I noticed that too!

There was also no "The most important thing now is Lovetts welfare we will help educate him on the matter"

They hate him haha
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:23 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:
    SI wrote:Goneski's.  Will probably see how hypocritical clubs can be now.  A player they didn't want will get the arse  A player they would want will get rehabilitated.

The Club Statement was very blunt.  Referred to him as Lovett, not Kyle or Kyle Lovett as if they absolutely despise him.[/quote

I noticed that too!

There was also no "The most important thing now is Lovetts welfare we will help educate him on the matter"

They hate him haha

Haha, yeah, deadset the Board are Circle Jerk right now.

Funny thing is, Lovett was named in our Nines squad this morning at a massive Members pre-season shindig today as well. The timing is quite strange unless he was only formally charged yesterday arvo and figured he'd better say something AFTER he got his Nine's jersey and was all like "nah nah, no givesies backsies".

Post by Guest Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:28 pm

I read somewhere that the Telegraph knew about it and were going to out him in the papers in turn forcing his hand to tell the club.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:36 pm

Bren wrote:I read somewhere that the Telegraph knew about it and were going to out him in the papers in turn forcing his hand to tell the club.

Ohh okay. He did well to keep it quiet from prior to Christmas. Allthough the rumours of fucking him off did tart a week ago. The timing of all of it seems a little strange.

Post by Guest Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:44 pm

SI wrote:

Ohh okay.  He did well to keep it quiet from prior to Christmas.  Allthough the rumours of fucking him off did tart a week ago.  The timing of all of it seems a little strange.

Yeah it does seem strange when you break down the timeline. Like the club or someone in the club knew before this week and were trying to offload him before it came out in the media.
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:12 am

When the news was released (13th Jan) that Lovett was being offloaded, someone on the West Tigers forum smelt a rat and done some investigating himself and found a Mr Kyle Lovett of Campbelltown was due in court on Feb 1 for undetermined matters.

Now yesterday, it all comes out.

Wests Tigers 2016 Thread - Page 48 Catbag10
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:29 am

WESTS Tigers are in danger of losing star centre Tim Simona as they continue to attempt to juggle their salary cap.

The Tigers have to let a player go to fit under the cap – and RLW has learned that the Samoan international is being shopped around to rival clubs.

Born in New Zealand, Simona moved to Sydney as a youngster and has played all his top grade football at the Tigers.

He has played over 100 games for the club and has also played five internationals for Samoa since being first chosen in 2014.

Several clubs are short of class centres and there is expected to be considerable interest in Simona.

The Tigers were considering releasing utility Kyle Lovett but his future is currently in limbo after he was charged with drug possession recently.
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:46 am

FMD!

How is this possible? We are always on the brink of the salary cap yet don't have the long rosters of other teams. Just sack Lovett and be done with it, simples.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:20 am

Fuck me! Would have been angrier about this a couple of years ago, but still a blow if true.

Anyone heard who is where in training? Simona has played both sides but pretty much everyone else plays right? I always forget where centres play Embarassed
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:24 am

Doesn't Idris play left? Maybe I'm confusing myself.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:41 am

bluetige wrote:FMD!

How is this possible? We are always on the brink of the salary cap yet don't have the long rosters of other teams. Just sack Lovett and be done with it, simples.

You'd think Lovett would be on SFA though wouldn't you?

So sacking the bloke and replacing him with another player on minimum wage wouldn't help their salary cap situation.

Tiger reek of an organisation that would overpay their flashy backs.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:49 am

Krump wrote:Doesn't Idris play left? Maybe I'm confusing myself.

I thought he was right but honestly, hen it comes to centres I wouldn't have a fucking clue!
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:53 am

bluetige wrote:FMD!

Actually, paying for the rosters of other teams is exactly why we are in cap trouble.

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:55 am

I wonder if the Broncos could sign Simona for 85k and have the Tigers pay the rest Razz
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:55 am

How they could be continually over the cap is beyond me. Farah always got the blame for most part and I know we are still paying a hefty portion of his contract this year but bugger me, every other team has their so called "marquee million dollar man" but they can still accrue a decent team with depth. Its not like the Tigers have many "big" names on their roster to pay.

I know TPA's have a lot to do with it and thankfully Uncle Harry pays over a Million per year otherwise we would completely be rooted.

Fuck me, I'm sick of hearing about our cap and just wish we would get our act together and play some decent footy.

Rant
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:03 pm

bluetige wrote:How they could be continually over the cap is beyond me. Farah always got the blame for most part and I know we are still paying a hefty portion of his contract this year but bugger me, every other team has their so called "marquee million dollar man" but they can still accrue a decent team with depth. Its not like the Tigers have many "big" names on their roster to pay.

I know TPA's have a lot to do with it and thankfully Uncle Harry pays over a Million per year otherwise we would completely be rooted.

Fuck me, I'm sick of hearing about our cap and just wish we would get our act together and play some decent footy.

Rant

Yeah, have heard the same rhetoric every year for how long-"Once we get through the previous Board's deals we will be in front again". That has been going on since the days of signing Blair.
    Dip

Post by Dip Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:04 pm

Well you do have a long roster of highly paid players you're still paying. Farah, Fifita, Heighington...

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:19 pm