NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Wests Tigers 2016 Thread

standard-issue
    standard-issue

Wests Tigers 2016 Thread Empty Wests Tigers 2016 Thread

Post by standard-issue Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:30 pm

Very Happy
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Wests Tigers 2016 Thread Empty Re: Wests Tigers 2016 Thread

Post by RandomSil Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:18 pm

I thought the Premiership winners this year would get a Team Thread first. Aww well.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:23 pm

inb42016

Post by Guest Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:37 pm

SI wrote:inb42016

Tigers2016WoodenSpoonersthread

??

In a GF boys. How do ya like those apples.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:30 pm

So who will be their Hooker next year? Cherrington or Big nose?
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:51 pm

I don't think big nose will leave until after next year. Cherrington will get equal minutes though.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:06 pm

I didn't see too much of Cherrington but I liked what he offered in attack. The game I watched he struggled in defence but it could be a one off. Looks the goods and is only on less than a third than what Farah would be on Laughing
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:29 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:I didn't see too much of Cherrington but I liked what he offered in attack. The game I watched he struggled in defence but it could be a one off. Looks the goods and is only on less than a third than what Farah would be on Laughing

Judging from the rest of the team Cherrington being able to tackle would be an irregularity.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:26 pm

Wests Tigers are pleased to announce the signing of experienced forward Joel Edwards on a two-year deal.

The 27-year-old has played 88 NRL games since making his debut for Newcastle in 2010 - playing three seasons at the Knights before moving to the Canberra Raiders in 2013.

The back rower has signed on with Wests Tigers until the end of 2017 and will further strengthen the depth of talent amongst the first grade squad.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:05 pm

Your Name wrote:Wests Tigers are pleased to announce the signing of experienced forward Joel Edwards on a two-year deal.

The 27-year-old has played 88 NRL games since making his debut for Newcastle in 2010 - playing three seasons at the Knights before moving to the Canberra Raiders in 2013.

The back rower has signed on with Wests Tigers until the end of 2017 and will further strengthen the depth of talent amongst the first grade squad.

I like it. If we don't have the coin to buy any MASSIVE signings then Edwards is the kind of honest player you can get for fuckall.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:30 am

I've heard that JT has communication issues.
    And yes Hench I'm a Robbie sympathiser.
    But stories like this sadden and concern me. Not just because it's my club, but because these players are people and if someone who is suppose to lead, coach and mentor but isn't up to the task then move them on before it's too late. Having a footy brain or being able to read plays don't make you a coach.

Sitaleki Akauola was part of the Tigers' top 25.
    A product of South Auckland, he came to Australia to work and play some footy. He went to a trial and jagged a spot with the Tigers and in their main squad this year.
    "It was a real proud moment in my life," said the 23-year-old. "But things were not good for long. I was put in the halves and I am not a half. I play back row and that's it. I was playing in State Cup and I felt terrible – I was putting so much pressure on [Josh] Drinkwater.
    "I felt terrible. I am not a ball player. I felt terrible. I thought of seeing a counsellor – I'd get home from training and I did not want to talk or eat. I would go straight to my room."
    Akauola says he was "ashamed with myself" when he was dropped from the 25-man squad.
    "I was lucky that I had Robbie at the club and Dene Halatau and Keith Galloway. They noticed a big change and Robbie just would come up and ask talk to me. Same as the other boys. "They knew something was wrong – but they didn't understand just how bad it was for me. I eventually saw my brother and just told him that I really needed to talk to him. I was really depressed and felt isolated."
    Taylor says the club kept an eye on the young player.
    "We monitored his situation through Dene Halatau," the coach said. "It wasn't an official thing but Dene would report back to me on his condition and it was something we kept an eye on because players were concerned about him."
    Akauola says he was thankful for his family: "I know there are other blokes at the Tigers who feel the same way ... the lack of communication, the isolation," he said. "They are younger than me and they may not feel able to talk up. I worry about their state of mind. I think now that I am away from the club I will be OK. I have a fresh chance at Penrith. I hope others get the chance for another start."

Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:35 am

I'm on the Farah side as well with this coach, I wasn't with Potter.
    The really worrying part of that interview for me is him saying he'll be OK now that he's away from the club. I would have expected us as a club to have far better mental health structures in place then telling Dene to keep an eye on him given past events.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:48 am

Krump wrote:I'm on the Farah side as well with this coach, I wasn't with Potter.
    The really worrying part of that interview for me is him saying he'll be OK now that he's away from the club. I would have expected us as a club to have far better mental health structures in place then telling Dene to keep an eye on him given past events.

Taylor says the club kept an eye on the young player.
    "We monitored his situation through Dene Halatau," the coach said. "It wasn't an official thing but Dene would report back to me on his condition and it was something we kept an eye on because players were concerned about him."
    Akauola says he was thankful for his family: "I know there are other blokes at the Tigers who feel the same way ... the lack of communication, the isolation," he said. "They are younger than me and they may not feel able to talk up. I worry about their state of min

Massive shortfalls by the club highlighted and that quote from Taylor screams that the club doesn't get it.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:21 pm

I've hated on Sitaleki but I should take into account he has almost always been played out of position. Even played on the wing in 1st grade didn't he?

In saying that, if he is ill to the extent that he is not eating just due to being played out of position, then is it possible there is more to his mental state then just that?
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:56 pm

SI wrote:I've hated on Sitaleki but I should take into account he has almost always been played out of position.  Even played on the wing in 1st grade didn't he?

In saying that, if he is ill to the extent that he is not eating just due to being played out of position, then is it possible there is more to his mental state then just that?
    I think that is the problem. He obviously has issues and from the outside the club appears to have handled it very poorly.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:29 pm

Wests Tigers’ NRL Assistant Coach Matt Cameron has today resigned effective immediately from his position at the Club.

Cameron joined the Wests Tigers’ coaching staff in November last year ahead of the 2015 NRL season.

Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe said: "The Club would like to thank Matt for his contributions throughout the season and wish him well in his future endeavours."

Hope this means he has had a better offer and not rats leaving a sinking ship. He did good things at Penrith and we picked up some good coaching/physio people last year from Penrith. Unusual that we get our CEO from there too and he jumps.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:39 pm

Your Name wrote:Wests Tigers’ NRL Assistant Coach Matt Cameron has today resigned effective immediately from his position at the Club.

Cameron joined the Wests Tigers’ coaching staff in November last year ahead of the 2015 NRL season.

Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe said: "The Club would like to thank Matt for his contributions throughout the season and wish him well in his future endeavours."

Hope this means he has had a better offer and not rats leaving a sinking ship. He did good things at Penrith and we picked up some good coaching/physio people last year from Penrith. Unusual that we get our CEO from there too and he jumps.

He's going back to Soundgarden apparently, can't blame the bloke.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:03 pm

Apparently big Ava has re-signed, that is tremendous news.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:56 pm

SI wrote:Apparently big Ava has re-signed, that is tremendous news.

Good news, just read that.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:58 pm

Wests Tigers 2016 Thread 12112362_755708424552206_7933244277099678241_n

Current date/time is Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:01 am