NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Wests Tigers 2016 Thread

leaguegod

Wests Tigers 2016 Thread - Page 24 Empty Re: Wests Tigers 2016 Thread

Post by leaguegod Mon May 16, 2016 12:46 pm

knights have won 6 of their last 31 against all other clubs in the NRL

they have won 3 from 3 against the tigers lol

i shouldn't laugh, i just know we'll lose to them this year, its what we do
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon May 16, 2016 12:47 pm

ryno_ wrote:

You're going up against a team that have scored 10 points and let in in 185 their last 350 minutes. You need to go into it with the attitude of getting the confidence back with a good belting.

They've been pretty consistently terrible for the past 13 months, and still managed to beat us 3 times in that period.

3 of their last 5 wins have been against us.
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon May 16, 2016 12:54 pm

Funnily enough, if you beat the Knights then somehow manage to beat an origin depleted Broncos, you'll be close to the 8 after round 12.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon May 16, 2016 12:57 pm

If there is one thing we struggle with more than playing a terrible Knights team, it's playing origin depleted teams.

Us fans have such low expectations
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon May 16, 2016 1:03 pm

ryno_ wrote:

You're going up against a team that have scored 10 points and let in in 185 their last 350 minutes. You need to go into it with the attitude of getting the confidence back with a good belting.

The Tiger's have had several 'confidence building' games throughout the season..........they just keep being followed up (the very next week usually) by confidence depleting belting's.

I don't expect this to be the case - only because I don't think they will even beat the hapless Knights.
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Mon May 16, 2016 2:13 pm

I'm beyond caring if Knights beat us now, a message needs to be sent to our under performing players. Their right to play for respectability is over. They got thrashed by Canberra, then beat the Rabbitohs, now got thrashed by the Dogs and they'll want vengeance over the Knights. I'm over their on and off type performances so the biggest culprits have to go, who cares whether they play the Premiers or the Spooners, enough of these fake impersonators who are potential future stars
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon May 16, 2016 2:50 pm

you'd think sironen would have had a go after getting a last minute reprieve from being dropped, didn't want to get involved

i like Naiqama but he defends like an up and in winger and that was to easy to exploit @ centre, made our left edge look as potent as the broncos left and its simply not the case.

Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon May 16, 2016 3:09 pm

leaguegod wrote:you'd think sironen would have had a go after getting a last minute reprieve from being dropped, didn't want to get involved

i like Naiqama but he defends like an up and in winger and that was to easy to exploit @ centre, made our left edge look as potent as the broncos left and its simply not the case.

Sironen deadset does his best to not get involved. Its sad to see. Talk about looks like Tarzan plays like Jane.

Kevvie is just a horrible defensive centre. Horrible. Its bizzare that Taylor keeps him and Moses together, and until last game it was Sironen/Moses/Kev - no fucking wonder they get ass fucked most weekends. Opposing teams would be rippin and tearin knowing they are coming up against that combo
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Mon May 16, 2016 3:41 pm

Pieman wrote:
    Sironen deadset does his best to not get involved. Its sad to see. Talk about looks like Tarzan plays like Jane.

Kevvie is just a horrible defensive centre. Horrible. Its bizzare that Taylor keeps him and Moses together, and until last game it was Sironen/Moses/Kev - no fucking wonder they get ass fucked most weekends. Opposing teams would be rippin and tearin knowing they are coming up against that combo

yep, agree with this, Siro got involved defensively yesterday but only because the traffic elected to go his side. I always thought Cartwright was a similar player but he has left Siro for dead. It does make me wonder if its JT's fault because he played well under Potter
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon May 16, 2016 3:54 pm

Siro didn't play that well under Potter.

He had a good run when he first moved from the halves to 2nd row at the back end of 2013.

But since then he's not strung a lot of good games together
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Mon May 16, 2016 4:24 pm

Yes, that is the time he made a name for himself and was getting all the wraps and it was under Potter. Even if he didn't play "that well" it was still under Potter and a hell of a lot better then under JT.

Sadly, most of our players have gone backward under JT's leadership. He is a half back legend *cough-cough* and should at least be able to improve our young halves but has not.
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon May 16, 2016 4:34 pm

I always think it's unfair and disrespectful to a player to say "if their last name wasn't ____ then he wouldn't be playing first grade", and in most cases, I think they are probably judged harder because of their famous family member's exploits on the field.

Having said that, if Curtis's dad wasn't Paul, then I doubt we'd be talking about him at all during his career. Maybe as Milchow mentioned a few years ago he might have been in the "players to watch" category, but no more than for example the plethora of potentially good young players that have come out of the Warriors and looked like they [u]might[u] have it at some point down the track (Carlos Tuimavave, Havili, Fisiahii etc).
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue May 17, 2016 10:55 am

Dip wrote:I always think it's unfair and disrespectful to a player to say "if their last name wasn't ____ then he wouldn't be playing first grade", and in most cases, I think they are probably judged harder because of their famous family member's exploits on the field.

Having said that, if Curtis's dad wasn't Paul, then I doubt we'd be talking about him at all during his career. Maybe as Milchow mentioned a few years ago he might have been in the "players to watch" category, but no more than for example the plethora of potentially good young players that have come out of the Warriors and looked like they [u]might[u] have it at some point down the track (Carlos Tuimavave, Havili, Fisiahii etc).

Yeah if his last name was Lovett no one would look twice at him.

I dont doubt that he killed it in the juniors, he was prob 10x bigger than everyone and picked in every single rep team because of it and because of who his father is, but far out his first grade career has been underwhelming.

Personally, I think its an attitude thing. He has all the size in skill in the world to be a dominant back rower. But he just doesnt get involved enough
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed May 18, 2016 8:58 pm

Robbie's brain scans came back clear. He does appear to still be suffering the effects of a concussion though. BOOM TISH.

On a serious note he is still suffering the effects of concussion and expect late changes Ballin in 18 to start.
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Sun May 22, 2016 11:23 am

Nice to get the 2 points but really!!!!!!!!
    Woeful performance against a lackluster Knights who to their credit played pretty well but the Tigers really lacked effort. I thought some of the ring-ins played themselves into our starting position but our players don't get dropped for sub standard performances so they will likely be back after their injury. It goes to show that some of our reserves are better than our starting players, and a blow in from elsewhere gets MOTM, (ET). Some of our established guys should hang their heads in shame. Lawrence has been our best of a bad bunch all year but yesterday he decided to join the bunch of retards.

Simona and Nofo got out performed by our reserves in JAC and MCK, Rankin proved he is not a winger and woods turned back the clock with some offloads unseen by us Tigers fans this year.

Our 2 halves did not set the world on fire unfortunately so my opinion of 1 of them being dropped has not changed and if any Rankins performance at fullback (twice now) convinced me he should have a go at 5/8, just an idea.
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Tue May 24, 2016 12:26 pm

Can't believe how sports journalists and commentators are making such a big deal about the Sharks been on top of the ladder for the first time in 16 years. Big Whoopie Doo!

What will happen when the Tigers, one day, eventually, possibly get into 1st position for the first time in like forever?
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Tue May 24, 2016 5:26 pm

Parra still to lose their points puts us in 12th and 1 game outside the 8. Chin up fellas.
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Wed May 25, 2016 9:50 am

Your Name wrote:Parra still to lose their points puts us in 12th and 1 game outside the 8. Chin up fellas.

Yay, good news amungst the doom and gloom, at least until the weekend when we play the Fouls. They have a good track record against us without their origin stars, i.e. the infamous baby broncos beat us a fair few years ago, (uncertain of the year) and again in 2014, so I figure if its a game we are heavy favourites then we are more likely to lose.

Supporting the Tigers is such a frustrating roller coaster ride
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Wed May 25, 2016 11:40 am

bluetige wrote:

Yay, good news amungst the doom and gloom, at least until the weekend when we play the Fouls. They have a good track record against us without their origin stars, i.e. the infamous baby broncos beat us a fair few years ago, (uncertain of the year) and again in 2014, so I figure if its a game we are heavy favourites then we are more likely to lose.

Not To mention we have Badger so that's a guaranteed loss. I take that into account when having a punt
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed May 25, 2016 12:36 pm

bluetige wrote:

Tigers are $4.....

I'd hate to see what the odd's would be if the 6 players we have donated to SOO were playing!

All you blokes have lost is Woods (who has missed a fair chunk already this year and is merely a soft stat accumulator anyways) and Farah (who is hated by the coach and would probably have lost his spot to Ballin even if he was available).

Tigers great value.......if they weren't so shit.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:00 am