NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3

Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3 - Page 26 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3

Post by Chewie Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:33 am

Random wrote:Onto football stuff.. you have 1 mil to spend on your starting FRFs who do you take and why?
    I've currently pencilled in TPJ and Twal (1.2 million) with Haas as an EMG backup.

TPJ will definitely be in the team, Twal's selection depends on the first TLT.

Welshy
    Welshy

2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3 - Page 26 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3

Post by Welshy Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:07 am

White Lightning wrote:I'm not excusing what Barba has done & he deserved to get the boot but we've all done & said things on the piss that after waking up the next day we truly regret although probably not to the same degree. I feel sorry for the bloke because this morning he's woken up & realised he's destroyed his nrl career & probably his league career, his partner has probably left him & he's looking like being charged by police for assault. But actions have consequences & Barba will have to own up to what he's done & try to improve himself as a person. If he asked me for advice the first thing I would say to him is....give up the alcohol because you can't handle it.
    Mate that’s a cop out, if he’s got razzed up and smacked his missis around there ain’t no fucking excuse! Everyone can feel sorry for themselves after fucking up! real men wouldn’t put themselves in a position where the potential for that scenario can happen! Why the fuck would you feel sorry for him! If the suggested has actually happened then fuck him! If she was acting like a cunt and we’ve all probably seen it with women he shouldn’t be with her if he has the capacity to want to slap her around! If proven to be guilty I hope he gets the full wrath of the consequences available
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:37 am

White Lightning wrote:I'm not excusing what Barba has done & he deserved to get the boot but we've all done & said things on the piss that after waking up the next day we truly regret although probably not to the same degree. I feel sorry for the bloke because this morning he's woken up & realised he's destroyed his nrl career & probably his league career, his partner has probably left him & he's looking like being charged by police for assault. But actions have consequences & Barba will have to own up to what he's done & try to improve himself as a person. If he asked me for advice the first thing I would say to him is....give up the alcohol because you can't handle it.

Sadly 9 times out of 10 when women are abused they don't leave the guy.

Also, I wonder, would you feel sorry for him if it was your mother/sister/daughter that he was abusing?

I'm reading from your post that you have compassion mate, and I think in general that is an admirable thing mate, but the wording of feeling sorry for him I struggle with.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:57 am

I might feel sorry for him if it was his first offence. Maybe. We all make mistakes. But this guy's a serial dead shit. Throw the book at him.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:58 am

Random wrote:

Yeah mate I am up here still kicking. Not too far from the Dam in Kelso. Had houses nearby evacuated earlier tonight but nothing yet.

Tomorrow is meant to be insane and as is Sunday with 150mils expected every 6 hours. I got a few days of work thank God but will see how it goes.

Is this where I let on that I'm house sitting in "brown"sville for the next month with my partner? She came to cairns with me and we had nothing but rain, left there and the day after I got here the rain started up... You can just call me global warming or the big wet, whatever tickles the pickle.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:59 am

The big wet, I like that. Cool
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:06 pm

Chewie wrote:
    Random wrote:Onto football stuff.. you have 1 mil to spend on your starting FRFs who do you take and why?
    I've currently pencilled in TPJ and Twal (1.2 million) with Haas as an EMG backup.

Interesting. I like Twal but the Tigers pack in general is packed.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:07 pm

Archer wrote:
    Random wrote:

Yeah mate I am up here still kicking. Not too far from the Dam in Kelso. Had houses nearby evacuated earlier tonight but nothing yet.

Tomorrow is meant to be insane and as is Sunday with 150mils expected every 6 hours. I got a few days of work thank God but will see how it goes.

Is this where I let on that I'm house sitting in "brown"sville for the next month with my partner? She came to cairns with me and we had nothing but rain, left there and the day after I got here the rain started up... You can just call me global warming or the big wet, whatever tickles the pickle.

Rather have you piss off and take the weather with you. But yeah hope you are safe wherever you are house sitting mate and not around the flood waters.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:08 pm

Reckon Foran is actually fit and/or going to last more than 3 games?

I reckon I'll get CHN if he starts right edge, which I think he will. He should run some great lines on the outside of Foran. Priced at 30 odd, not too dissimilar to Stimson except he's capable of those 20 point plays.

Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:16 pm

Random wrote:

Rather have you piss off and take the weather with you. But yeah hope you are safe wherever you are house sitting mate and not around the flood waters.
    Cheers mate you too. In Hyde Park, feels OK but getting texts about evacuation and imminent flooding and the creek nearby ooks pretty dicey so will have to play it by ear. Thinking the texts are just going out to just about everyone though. Seems to be draining quite well here whenever there is a small pause. Biggest issue for now is dealing with all the animals who use the house as a latrine because its too wet for them to go outside ....

In fantasy, think ill be slotting Hampton into my side, hoping he gets the gig.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:17 pm

my tv broke wrote:Reckon Foran is actually fit and/or going to last more than 3 games?

I reckon I'll get CHN if he starts right edge, which I think he will. He should run some great lines on the outside of Foran. Priced at 30 odd, not too dissimilar to Stimson except he's capable of those 20 point plays.

Reckon he scores much more than mid 20's even if he is?
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:22 pm

Archer wrote:
    Random wrote:

Cheers mate you too. In Hyde Park, feels OK but getting texts about evacuation and imminent flooding and the creek nearby ooks pretty dicey so will have to play it by ear. Thinking the texts are just going out to just about everyone though. Seems to be draining quite well here whenever there is a small pause. Biggest issue for now is dealing with all the animals who use the house as a latrine because its too wet for them to go outside ....

In fantasy, think ill be slotting Hampton into my side, hoping he gets the gig.

Yeah we got a few of those texts as well last night. As you sai the breaks in the rain are doing us well. Missus is concerned about dam levels as it's at like 200% and holds upto 350% or so and rose like 10% just this morning. Our yards all good for now and stuff but our road gets a good amount of water almost an inch of water in the middle of it which is the highest point.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:23 pm

Chewie wrote:

Not stressed about Offa being the big point maker in the Broncos instead of TPJ. I see it as being a coin flip for them both.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:26 pm

my tv broke wrote:Reckon Foran is actually fit and/or going to last more than 3 games?

Will he get the gig? I figured the Bulldogs have..

Jackson Elliott already locked in and guys like Martin, and RFM are fighting for the other edge spot with CHN.
    Blakejr1
    Blakejr1

Post by Blakejr1 Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:30 pm

whats everyone thinking about pearce?
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:31 pm

We really can't know what happened with Barba. Could've just been a heated argument. And for TMM and O'Neil, definitely could've been a case of not wanting to get involved in their argument. We don't really know.

I feel for him because I know I'm not perfect and have done some dumb shit on the piss. But at the same time, this was his last shot. He could've tried harder to avoid that kind of situation
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:33 pm

Blakejr1 wrote:whats everyone thinking about pearce?

I like him. Will finish top three halves with dce and cleary imo. Because of his bulk km's he has a high floor and therefore less likely to be cheaper through the year so starting with him could be good pick.
    Blakejr1
    Blakejr1

Post by Blakejr1 Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:34 pm

Mulvy wrote:

I like him. Will finish top three halves with dce and cleary imo. Because of his bulk km's he has a high floor and therefore less likely to be cheaper through the year so starting with him could be good pick.

Yea he was one of my first picks, just hadnt seen much about him in the thread so i didnt know if there was any info i was unaware of.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:35 pm

Blakejr1 wrote:

Yea he was one of my first picks, just hadnt seen much about him in the thread so i didnt know if there was any info i was unaware of.

I think it's just because people are looking for value and he might only have a small discount compared to other options, possibly.
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:36 pm

Blakejr1 wrote:whats everyone thinking about pearce?

I reckon he'll be a keeper. He's got a big pack now, he'll keep his KM and by the sounds of it, he's pretty fit rn

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 9:47 am