NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Finals chat

Finals chat - Page 17 Empty Re: Finals chat

Post by Guest Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:34 am

Pieman wrote:

Wouldnt that make it 2-2 to roosters and 3-1 broncos if the roosters win? Thats only one games difference... got to win the comp earn the right to be called champions mate

i prefer my champions to, at the very least, have a winning record in the comp they are crowned champions of.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:21 am

The womens NRL comp is a joke, whoever thought 4 teams playing for a couple of games at the end of the season was a good idea needs to go. The women play a full comp before this 4 team farce during the season, why wasnt that fully supported and turned into the professional WNRL? They rushed it out to try and compete with the WAFL and it just looks so amateurish.

Last edited by Shanbon on Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:24 am

my tv broke wrote:Frankly, I couldn't care less whether Slater played or not. Aside from the hysteria, I suppose I was probably more interested in seeing how someone like Hughes would step up to the plate.

Regardless, I think it was the right decision.

Disagree.

Yeah I wasn't fussed either way. Storm have enough versatility with Hughes and Munster to cover Slater being out, and would've been interesting to see how Hughes handled it.

Suspending the guy for a regular season game for that collision is a bit of a joke anyway, but whatever. Suspending him for the grand final in his last ever game.. Yeah, right.

The NRL avoided making a dumb decision for once. The Slater defence won't set some 'doctrine of precedent' for future cases unless they're 15 year retiring veterans in the GF.

If you want to watch good footy, kick back and enjoy the two best teams in the comp smash each other. If you want mediocre footy, go watch a regular season game of any of the other 14 teams.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:25 am

The way the judiciary is run is so stupid. They have 3 ex players from an era so far removed from where we are today make a ruling presented by a lawyer who pushes the legal wording of the rules onto guys with no legal experience. The poor blokes just get confused most of the time i think.

It was also a very amateur move by the NRL to let the lead (and only) prosecutor they have go on holidays in the week before the biggest game of the year. The bloke who stepped in had no idea, he hardly put an argument up. Didnt dispute anything Slater said.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:19 am

surmo13 wrote:

i prefer my champions to have a horse as a mascot.

Post by Guest Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:33 am

Krump wrote:

well, i mean, yeh, that comes with the nature of being a fan of the team, just like you want your team to be champions, but lets not pretend i'm being one-eyed here:

Undefeated? Check
    Literally the only team in the comp with a winning record? Check
    Best Attacking record? Check
    Best Defensive record? Check again

In a balanced competition where everyone played everyone else an equal amount of times, they are the undisputed top team in every single measurable, that they aren't already champions is only due the greed of sports organisations to have a big 1v1 for the championship, even when it makes no sense.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:12 am

Finals chat - Page 17 Wb

this is the Waqa Blake tackle people have been referring too, looks nothing like the Slater one
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:26 am

Krump wrote: I've got tickets and have decided to go camping instead.

Anyone using your tickets?

Post by Guest Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:30 am

Shanbon wrote:Finals chat - Page 17 Wb

this is the Waqa Blake tackle people have been referring too, looks nothing like the Slater one

You mean the way the arm at the front is playing at the ball-carrying area of the target player, just like Slater, or the way the arm at the back is tucked into his body and he makes contact with his shoulder, just like Slater?

Mute the audio, because Gus' voice is intolerable, but here's the footage of both playing in-sync, there are identical in action.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:55 am

Milchy wrote:

Anyone using your tickets?
    Might have 2 left. I'll check and let you know.

Edit. Got 2, yours if you want them. Didn't do well in the seat lottery though
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:36 am

surmo13 wrote:

well, i mean, yeh, that comes with the nature of being a fan of the team, just like you want your team to be champions, but lets not pretend i'm being one-eyed here:

Undefeated? Check
    Literally the only team in the comp with a winning record? Check
    Best Attacking record? Check
    Best Defensive record? Check again

In a balanced competition where everyone played everyone else an equal amount of times, they are the undisputed top team in every single measurable, that they aren't already champions is only due the greed of sports organisations to have a big 1v1 for the championship, even when it makes no sense.

well they shouldnt have any issue winning the comp then if they are that much better than everyone else
    (again, it will be 1 games difference if they lose the gf)

Its crazy that a side that has only won 1 game can make a gf tho IMO... but if there is only 4 teams then it makes sense
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:14 am

Krump wrote:
    Might have 2 left. I'll check and let you know.

Edit. Got 2, yours if you want them. Didn't do well in the seat lottery though

Mrs Cow and I are interested, but need to get babysitting organized first. Will PM you later
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:16 am

On NRLW, a 4 team comp run over a month may generate a winner who is not, strictly speaking, the best team.

Until there are more teams and a proper length comp, best to just try and accept that fact.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:39 am

surmo13 wrote:

You mean the way the arm at the front is playing at the ball-carrying area of the target player, just like Slater, or the way the arm at the back is tucked into his body and he makes contact with his shoulder, just like Slater?

Mute the audio, because Gus' voice is intolerable, but here's the footage of both playing in-sync, there are identical in action.

Those videos side by side show me a big difference, Blakes arm is extended out in a slapping action playing at the ball and then his hand grabs his jumper, Slaters is bent up to protect himself from the dangerous position he has created.

Last edited by Shanbon on Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:40 am

The video also makes a mockery of Slater claiming Feki stepped back in off his left foot

Post by Guest Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:16 am

Link me your video because you can’t have watched the one I linked, lord knows how you see Waqa playing at the ball, when his arm goes up to bounce off the shoulder of a man holding the ball out in front and low to the ground, if that’s point you want to argue, Billy’s hand is on the ball when he makes contact with the shoulder.

Post by Guest Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:47 am

Any chance the WNRL expands next year? Still can’t beleive the sharks didn’t get a team in this year
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:05 am

I remember big fan fare that Cronulla signed the first "professional" female player. Was someone's sister for memory. What ever happened with that ? Do Cronulla have a team that didn't get a WNRL licence ?

Post by Guest Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:41 am

So if Brooks wins Dally M, will they finally overhaul the voting process? I mean, to be fair, the bloke was good this year, but not even his Mum thinks he was In the Top 10 of the best players in the game this season.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:09 pm

Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt Salt

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:59 am