NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Finals chat

Ice

Finals chat Empty Finals chat

Post by Ice Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:06 am

Just a thread to discuss all things finals instead of everything being in the Broncos thread.

Are the Penny Panthers back? Are they a danger.

Clearly Maloney return has had a positive impact. I thought after being totally reffed out of the game in the first half, where the whistleblowers did everything they could to ensure the NRL could have a Minor Premiership ceremony, they played really solid footy and never looked in danger in the second half and would have won by more if Nathan didn't have the massive hips with his kicking, which is a significant concern for them coming into the finals. Granted Melbourne were Understrength but plenty have failed this year to beat them in similar circumstances.

And deadset, how about the Mansour sinbinning, what a debacle of a decision.
    Ice

Finals chat Empty Re: Finals chat

Post by Ice Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:07 am

You'd have to back the Roosters for the minor Premiership now wouldn't you. They'll surely beat my rabble by 28+ points.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:37 pm

It’ll be close, I think the line should be about 18
    Ice

Post by Ice Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:59 am

How good is the current finals system. Top 4 all likely to finish on 34 and next 4 all likely to finish on 32. Works perfect. Might not be able to rehash everyone's favourite debate this year.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:35 am

Ice wrote:Just a thread to discuss all things finals instead of everything being in the Broncos thread.

Are the Penny Panthers back? Are they a danger.

Clearly Maloney return has had a positive impact. I thought after being totally reffed out of the game in the first half, where the whistleblowers did everything they could to ensure the NRL could have a Minor Premiership ceremony, they played really solid footy and never looked in danger in the second half and would have won by more if Nathan didn't have the massive hips with his kicking, which is a significant concern for them coming into the finals. Granted Melbourne were Understrength but plenty have failed this year to beat them in similar circumstances.

And deadset, how about the Mansour sinbinning, what a debacle of a decision.

lol - they have lost the plot. deadset..... absolutely lost the plot. They have no idea what to call, and its ruining games.
    so inconsistent its not funny. The moses one looked iffy too from what I saw. Yeah he grabbed him, it that a sin bin tho? Surely a penalty is enough in that situation.

Penrith arent back, but they clearly are a threat. They can beat anyone on their day, but can also lose to anyone... so will be interesting thats for sure.

Roosters with the minor premiership, its crazy with how inconsistent they have been as well this year. I guess it justifies the cronk decision, but IMO they would most likely still be in the same spot with Pearce there. How about the game from mitchell, a hatty in 12 mintues or whatever it was, 6 goals, 3 line breaks, a try assist. Fark me, ableit against parra with men down - still a pretty great stat line.

Whats the best GF for the NRL financially? Roosters v Souths hey? Ive got my money on that now, if its possible.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:53 pm

how about that knee to TTrbo's head .. was that a penalty?
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:23 pm

it took me 25 rounds, but finally tipped the round!!!! fark me!!
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:53 pm

The storm threw the panthers game. Rested everyone to cover the fact they didn't want to play the Warriors in Melbourne. Their record against the Warriors is shit. Panther's are going in with a false sense of bravado, and people are making too much of their win
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:53 am

storm certainly didn't care to much for the penny game but out of all the top 4 teams, i'm still probably less convinced by them atm.

i think the broncs are the only team outside the 4 with any chance of making it past week 2 and they look a real threat to mine.

be interesting to see if sharks can start putting in 80 minutes efforts, they seem to just coast a fair bit during games at times
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:11 am

Storm vs Souths in Melbourne is certainly interesting. I've been adament about Souths winning the comp, but that's a tough road trip. If the Broncos can beat the Dragons we'll meet the loser of that game in the following week, would hate to come up against Melbourne in week 2, in Melbourne.

I think the Sharks will beat the Roosters.

Warriors over Panthers, but that's another thats super tough to call.

Can't wait for the finals to start.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:15 am

I cant wait too MTB - I find that the back end of the season really drags out
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:32 am

Pieman wrote:how about that knee to TTrbo's head .. was that a penalty?

Possibly to the broncos. The amount of knee injuries we see in the game, something needs to be done about it.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:32 pm

my tv broke wrote:Storm vs Souths in Melbourne is certainly interesting. I've been adament about Souths winning the comp, but that's a tough road trip. If the Broncos can beat the Dragons we'll meet the loser of that game in the following week, would hate to come up against Melbourne in week 2, in Melbourne.

I think the Sharks will beat the Roosters.

Warriors over Panthers, but that's another thats super tough to call.

Can't wait for the finals to start.

Was certainly happy that we didn't gain any more points differential because I'd far rather be playing the Dragons than the Warriors this week.

Having said that, they'll step up no doubt and may be dangerous now that everyone has written them off and expectations are low.

Panthers look atrocious IMO and are far from being officially back on track - Warriors should win that game.

Hard to pick a clear favourite from the top 4 but as a Broncos fan, no team worries me other than the Storm (especially since we've beaten the other 3 teams, some twice, this year).
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:43 pm

Speaking of tipping the round Pieman. In a comp worth $750 for the winner and $380 for second, $280 for third and $150 for 4th, I was 2 behind an outright leader with about 4 others, 3 in second 1 behind, so needed a perfect round (worth 10) to win I thought. The two smokies I went for were Panthers and Bulldogs.

Got 7, leader with a round to go got 6, the winner, (my brother) got a perfect and won outright. My old man tied for second. I tied for 4th. If I'd gone Sharks, I still would have been beaten by my brother by a point but been outright second, with my dad tied third. Crazy comp. never been so close in 12 years of the same comp.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:57 am

Ice wrote:Speaking of tipping the round Pieman. In a comp worth $750 for the winner and $380 for second,  $280 for third and $150 for 4th, I was 2 behind an outright leader with about 4 others, 3 in second 1 behind, so needed a perfect round (worth 10) to win I thought. The two smokies I went for were Panthers and Bulldogs.

Got 7, leader with a round to go got 6, the winner, (my brother) got a perfect and won outright. My old man tied for second. I tied for 4th. If I'd gone Sharks, I still would have been beaten by my brother by a point but been outright second, with my dad tied third. Crazy comp. never been so close in 12 years of the same comp.

haha love it
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:59 am

Pain wrote:

Possibly to the broncos.  The amount of knee injuries we see in the game, something needs to be done about it.

well after all the blow ups about Napa and his head clashes - surely someone kneeing someone in the head when attempting to stop a try should have resulted in a penalty?
    Dip

Post by Dip Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:18 pm

No Worries wrote:The storm threw the panthers game. Rested everyone to cover the fact they didn't want to play the Warriors in Melbourne. Their record against the Warriors is shit. Panther's are going in with a false sense of bravado, and people are making too much of their win

Melbourne have won the last 6 against the Warriors, 10 of the last 13, and the last time they lost to them in Melbourne the only players they still have in this week's team are Slater, Smith and the Bromwich brothers, and maybe Tonomapaea, so I doubt there will be too many scars against the Warriors if they had to play them.

Your last sentence is spot on though.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:49 pm

Last edited by surmo13 on Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:24 pm

surmo13 wrote:

please don't embarrass yourself further than you already have in this forum by trying to compare apples with scooters.

making a tackle, tackler makes contact with the head.
    why was it not a penalty?

if Napa's contact with the head with his head when trying to make a tackle results in penalties, why shouldnt a blokes knee making contact with a head, when trying to make a tackle, result in a penalty?

running on from the napa shitshow, accidental or not - if you make dangerous contact with the head it should always be a penalty - thats exactly what the bronco defender did

good to see you guys only defend it when its a bronco on the other end of the KO hey, absolutely typical response from you fellas.

Lets take this back to the Bronco thread :peeing:

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:43 pm

Last edited by surmo13 on Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:40 pm