NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NFL Fantasy Thread Part 4

Welshy
    Welshy

NFL Fantasy Thread Part 4 - Page 26 Empty Re: NFL Fantasy Thread Part 4

Post by Welshy Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:16 pm

Cracking rundown lads!!
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:55 pm

BroncHose wrote:@Mearcats good work on the run down. Probably helps to give  bit of transparency in potential trades. Out of curiosity - what would you take for CMC (I'm in L2, but just curious) - I'd take him off your hands in a heartbeat to strengthen my RBs and the best guy I'm offering up for a reliable RB is Hopkins.

Here's my run down:
    QB - Mayfield. Streamer. Was hoping to pick Luck back up after waivers, but I'm happy to run him again to offset my Def this week.

RB - Lynch. Glad I picked him up and will look to keep him on as my lead runner. I really need to strengthen my backs. Gruden empowering the run and winning should keep him in business.
    RB - Collins. Disappointing, but I still hold hope that he'll come good. Allen is my handcuff. Would easily move him, but I need to strengthen my backs, so unless he goes in a WR/RB package for an elite RB, its unlikely to happen.

WR - Hopkins. Very happy, but will move him for an elite RB and package as necessary. He's dominant in the team and the Texans still have yet to click offensively, so I think he appeals.
    WR - Thomas. Didn't expect to draft him, but happy i did. He's off the table for me and I'll keep him around.

Kicker - Elliot. He was on wood last week but finally scored well and the Wentzz factor should help from here. Was looking at Zuerlien if he cleared waivers (he did not!)

Defence - Ravens (streamed this week). Will look to offset them against Mayfield this week - one of them should do alright.
    Defence - Bears - picked up before week 1 as soon as Mack came in. Loving them and I think they will be the story of the year.

Bench
    RB - Javorius Allen. Handcuff for Collins. He'll stay on the bench until one of he or Collins breaks. Such a vulture. Would move him with Collins in a triple trade if needed.
    RB - Royce Freeman. Still holding his own and I would be flexing him if not for playing the hot runs of others. Easily moved as part of a Hopkins/other WR package for an elite RB.

WR - Funchess. Has been a really good stash and weekly flex consideration. Would play him if not for my Rd1&2 WR picks. Got a lot higher ceiling to go as the WR1 on the team. Will move for RB.
    WR - Tyler Lockett. Has been in flex consideration, comment as above. Will move for RB.
    WR - Shephard. Finally coming good and will get plenty of action as OBJ draws the heat. Was waiting for him to score before thinking about him in flex. Will move him for RB
    WR - Boyd. Have played him successfully for last two weeks since picking him up of waivers. Killing it and will keep going with Effiert out. Getting good yardage and efficiency in a high scoring offence. Will move for RB.

Clearly I need a good RB and have sounded out a few options, but yeah, struggling to make the right connections.

Heya bro, funnily, you could pretty much tempt me with Rolls Royce on CMC. This probably seems unders for me but like I said, I base my ideas on what I see. I know it's been a struggle for Freeman so far but IMO he's right there. Like, so ready to break out. I would also take Sterling Shephard (if the offer was right) if I wasn't loaded on WR's already. In fact, I had him lined up to grab this week but Limp grabbed him in L1. NYG will always look to OBJ but he gets so much double coverage because of how good he is which means Sterling has a little more room and I see plenty of upside in him. I'd also look at Hopkins although Houston worries me a little.

From my experience (keep in mind that it's not a great deal unlike guys like Welshy and Ryno etc) of NFL fantasy, it's hard to get people to agree on values of players. Whether that comes about due to time invested into building a draft dream list and not being prepared to admit to being wrong in some instances, overvaluing players due to "potential" upside (like, I don't really give a flying fuck that Le'Veon Bell could be amazing when he returns, if he ain't playing now then he ain't worth shit!) or trying to dud the opposing player into a less suitable trade (be honest, it's a competition so everyone is looking out for themselves) or even having a lack of understanding of the game and therefore players values (of which I'm case in point) trying to trade is like trying to get money out of an accountant.

That being in mind, it's easier for me to state what I feel my players are worth. I'm 4-0 so obviously I'm doing ok but to be honest, things can change in a heartbeat. For instance, I'd want a rd1 pick for Kamara yet with Ingram about to return he could potentially go into a time share and his numbers take a dive. The difference is, if that happened I'd be more than prepared to take a lower offer due to his output rather than saying "for the first 4 weeks he was an RB#1".

I guess in short what I'm trying to say is that if you don't overvalue your own players then people don't really have a chance to undervalue them in your eyes.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:21 pm

Meerkats I am interested in CMC.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:40 pm

Just to go a little further down the rabbit hole here @Bronchose, here's how I would look at your team, players that interest me and ones that don't etc. Keep in mind that this is against my own team, what I need etc. We're not dissimilar in that I'm light on with RB's and pretty loaded on WR's. But if I was in L2, this is what I'd value your team at.

Mayfield - not for me. But then, you're streaming your QB's so it's not really an issue for you. 3 of 10 trade value if you were to offer him to me this week.

Lynch - was taken off the board before I could get to him in L1 which i pretty annoying. Really like what I'm seeing from him. For a "old head" he is proving decent. 7 of 10 easy with upside. Collins - could come good, you're right. BUT, I'm not seeing it. To be fair, Ravens ain't doing it for me at the moment at all. I dumped Crabtree today due to as much. I'd only be interested in him as a package deal. 4 of 10.

Hopkins - like. 6 of 10 for me regardless of the erratic-ness he's shown so far. As I said earlier, Houston worries me but like you I think they have the potential to click yet. If it happens his values goes to a 7+. Thomas - Tough week just gone but I think it's the exception, not the rule. Personally, regard him an 8.

Kicker, don't care. Ravens, stream for the week so no value. Bears D is a 9. Really. If someone wanted to take the Bears D off me you'd wanna come with a hot option. I am personally loving having a set and forget D for a change and not having to worry about losing a position on the waiver wire to grab someone to cover a tough matchup. I had to sacrifice my waiver position this week due to bears being on the bye but held them regardless, that's where I rate them.

Allen - 5+/-. See Collins.
    Freeman - 6+. I think there's potential there and his last two weeks are trending the right way.
    Funchess - seems a little TD reliant. Not that he's not capable by any means but his yardage is a little low. Flat 6.
    Lockett - 7+/-. Off week last week but has a penchant for a TD.
    Shephard - we already know my thoughts. 7+
    Boyd - 8. Your reasoning is sound IMO. With Eiffert gone I think there's plenty of ball to go his way.

Keep in mind this is simply my opinion of your squad in comparison to what I'd like in my squad. But overall, I think if you really are looking to trade you have the cattle there to get people interested.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:41 pm

Random wrote:Meerkats I am interested in CMC.

What's your team @Random? I'll have a look and see what interests me. Alternatively, throw me a few ideas.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:17 pm

Mearcats wrote:
    Random wrote:Meerkats I am interested in CMC.

What's your team @Random? I'll have a look and see what interests me. Alternatively, throw me a few ideas.

Simply The Best.

I am at work so will review when I can.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:06 pm

I've sent through interest lists to everyone bar for Deuces, Charizards and Bundah Boys as I dunno who owns them. If you're keen on trades lads let me know your user names on here and I'll PM you.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:17 pm

Sent a reply Mearcats.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:57 pm

Mearcats wrote:I've sent through interest lists to everyone bar for Deuces, Charizards and Bundah Boys as I dunno who owns them. If you're keen on trades lads let me know your user names on here and I'll PM you.

I'm the Charizards good sir
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:03 pm

Alright Stu, I'll send through a few thoughts...
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

Post by BroncHose Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:21 pm

Mearcats wrote:Just to go a little further down the rabbit hole here @Bronchose, here's how I would look at your team, players that interest me and ones that don't etc. Keep in mind that this is against my own team, what I need etc. We're not dissimilar in that I'm light on with RB's and pretty loaded on WR's. But if I was in L2, this is what I'd value your team at.

Mayfield - not for me. But then, you're streaming your QB's so it's not really an issue for you. 3 of 10 trade value if you were to offer him to me this week.

Lynch - was taken off the board before I could get to him in L1 which i pretty annoying. Really like what I'm seeing from him. For a "old head" he is proving decent. 7 of 10 easy with upside. Collins - could come good, you're right. BUT, I'm not seeing it. To be fair, Ravens ain't doing it for me at the moment at all. I dumped Crabtree today due to as much. I'd only be interested in him as a package deal. 4 of 10.

Hopkins - like. 6 of 10 for me regardless of the erratic-ness he's shown so far. As I said earlier, Houston worries me but like you I think they have the potential to click yet. If it happens his values goes to a 7+. Thomas - Tough week just gone but I think it's the exception, not the rule. Personally, regard him an 8.

Kicker, don't care. Ravens, stream for the week so no value. Bears D is a 9. Really. If someone wanted to take the Bears D off me you'd wanna come with a hot option. I am personally loving having a set and forget D for a change and not having to worry about losing a position on the waiver wire to grab someone to cover a tough matchup. I had to sacrifice my waiver position this week due to bears being on the bye but held them regardless, that's where I rate them.

Allen - 5+/-. See Collins.
    Freeman - 6+. I think there's potential there and his last two weeks are trending the right way.
    Funchess - seems a little TD reliant. Not that he's not capable by any means but his yardage is a little low. Flat 6.
    Lockett - 7+/-. Off week last week but has a penchant for a TD.
    Shephard - we already know my thoughts. 7+
    Boyd - 8. Your reasoning is sound IMO. With Eiffert gone I think there's plenty of ball to go his way.

Keep in mind this is simply my opinion of your squad in comparison to what I'd like in my squad. But overall, I think if you really are looking to trade you have the cattle there to get people interested.

Thanks for the props mate. Righto L2, come at me!!!
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:31 pm

We are already P'ming @Mearcats, but id take ur Kamara for my OBJ. Im gud with the possible committee upcoming for Kamara, OBJ was my round 1 pick but isn't yet firing as a result of being a Giant i guess. Seems favoured my way, but just throwing it out their.
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016

Post by Pacey's Best Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:04 pm

I've just logged in to check my team and it's asking me to vote against a trade between 2 other coaches in L2. Why? What is it my business?
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:22 pm

Pacey's Best wrote:I've just logged in to check my team and it's asking me to vote against a trade between 2 other coaches in L2. Why? What is it my business?
    It's to stop two people colluding to make one super team. Vote yes for my trade!
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:38 pm

Krump wrote:
    It's to stop two people colluding to make one super team. Vote yes for my trade!

Was it Bren or Hench ?
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016

Post by Pacey's Best Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:50 pm

Krump wrote:

It only gives me 1 option and that is to "Vote Against". I'll check later tonight when I'm on my laptop to see if it's different.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:51 pm

No Worries wrote:

Was it Bren or Hench ?
    lol!
    Hard to imagine those 2 agreeing on something let alone colluding.
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:02 pm

Hench just took over any account he wanted a player from. Then abuse you for the privilege.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:26 pm

Pain wrote:Hench just took over any account he wanted a player from. Then abuse you for the privilege.

Yeah he just started taking over accounts and making trades to himself or messing with line ups if you were against him.

I remember at like 230am Aus time he changed my line up but I was up getting ready to watch the games and managed to fix them up in time.

Due was off his rocker.
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

Post by BroncHose Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:18 pm

For L2 - can I clarify who a couple of teams/posters are:
    Demonizer - ?
    Peaches and Kareem - ?
    Girls gone Wild - Ryno? (assuming with the Denver logo)

I'm up against Demonizer this week, but he's left two Bye players in his starting lineup. I'll take it if it helps me win, but prolly not fair to the league.

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:23 pm