NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 48

Poll

Who are the underdogs for Game 1 of SOO ?

[ 34 ]
    2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 48 - Page 29 Bar_left41%2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 48 - Page 29 Bar_right [41%] 
    [ 48 ]
    2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 48 - Page 29 Bar_left59%2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 48 - Page 29 Bar_right [59%] 

Total Votes: 82
    Poll closed
    code delta
    code delta

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 48 - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 48

Post by code delta Wed May 30, 2018 9:12 pm

chitmunkey wrote:I need to cash in one of isaako or Hiku this week to fund my upgrades, the other becomes backup Centre for the run home. Help me decide!
    Hiku has Beale looming.

Last edited by code delta on Wed May 30, 2018 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    zorasdomain
    zorasdomain

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 48 - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 48

Post by zorasdomain Wed May 30, 2018 9:14 pm

Anyone care to have a look at my team and tell me what they would do with it this week?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 30, 2018 9:16 pm

Random wrote:

If he doesn't  play this week I am booting him. Don't care if he is back next week. I have held him since Round 5. 7 FUCKING ROUNDS. STUPID PIECE OF SHIT EELS CANT SORT THEIR INJURY TIMELINES AND SORT SHIT AT ALL. FUCKING USELESS FUCKS CAN'T JUST TELL ME WHEN HE WILL BE BACK. INSTEAD I GET STUCK WITH THE FUCKING LUMP IN MY TEAM FOR 7 WEEKS. FUCKING TAUPAU SCORED 435 FUCKING POINTS WHILE THIS GUY WAS ON THE PINE! FUCK I COULD HAVE EVEN TRADED HIM TO DUGAN WHO GOT INJURED AND STILL CAME BACK BEFORE HIM. FUCKING DUGAN. DUDE WAS SUPPOSE TO BE TOUGH, FUCKING JAI ARROW IS TOUGH. FUCK YOU BROWN! ALSO WHY THE FUCK DO YOU HAVE THE SAME GENERIC ASS NAME AS THE FUCKING NEWCASTLE CAPTAIN. MAKES IT BLOODY DIFFICULT TO FUCKING SEARCH FOR SHIT ABOUT YOU. INSTEAD I GET BOMBARDED WITH... "Well the Knights are shit, Nathan Brown responds." THEY HAVE BEEN SHIT FOR AGES. JUST PUT UP A CONSISTENT FUCKING INJURY REPORT SO I DON'T LOOK STUPID FOR HOLDING HIM FOR SO LONG. SPEAKING OF FUCKING STUPID, I JUST REALISED I COULD HAVE USED CAPSLOCK THIS ENTIRE TIME, INSTEAD OF HOLDING SHIFT. FUCK. THEN I HAVE PEOPLE SAYING. "Don't think about how long you have held him. Think about how long until he returns." THAT WAS 4 FUCKING WEEKS AGO WHEN I THOUGHT HE WAS ONE OR TWO WEEKS OUT. FUCK YOU NATHAN BROWN. Rant  Rant  Rant

Seriously though, I really like Brown as a player and wish him a speedy recovery, and hope he puts out an 80 points as I must be the only sad fuck with him still in my squad. I also actually like Nathan Brown the Newcastle coach as well, but shit it makes life hard when you try and search one of them up.

This is amazing.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 30, 2018 9:17 pm

zorasdomain wrote:Anyone care to have a look at my team and tell me what they would do with it this week?

Give it to me.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 30, 2018 9:19 pm

Welshy wrote:
    I refuse to pay $877,000 (62 avg) for him when he is averaging 56. Boosted by back to back games where he went 24 and 48 points above it

On top of that he has failed to beat his current average 75% of his matches (4 from 12).

Do I want him? Yes. 
    Do I want him at current price? Yes.
    Will I actually pay out for him? No.

I paid 930K for a guy last week that decided to stay home instead of turn up to the game.

I know Taupau will burn me at that price, he did it last year, but I'm going to get burnt again.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed May 30, 2018 9:20 pm

Welshy wrote:Apologies in advance for this long winder

Was looking at my trade ins, team for R13 and team for R14 and had a thought of whether it's worth field a decent 13 this week if my team next round would be too mid range punt heavy (JFriend + WGraham with JFH also on the bench)

R13 team after trades

Cook - Surgess
    Capewell - JFriend
    Isaako - WGraham

Friend
    Fifita, Surgess
    TLolo, Murray, Barnett
    ARey, TMM
    Dugan, Fonua
    Ponga

WGraham
    Cogger

(smith, kikau, martin, JFH, Mbye, Ted, RFM, Arrow)

So I'm now considering only bringing in only one of Friend/Graham and getting in Doui instead as it generates an extra $207,000 minimum, then lobbing Barnett for Harris this week which would allow me to get in both McInnes and SJ next round for Murray and Cogger)

theory behind that is not leaving so much money on the bench (Graham, JFH, RFM) and getting gun Top 17 keepers in quicker

so R14 team would look like

Smith
    Fifita, Arrow
    TLolo, Harris, Surgess
    ARey, SJ
    Dugan, Fonua
    Ponga, Tedesco, Mbye

Friend/RFM
    McInnes
    Martin
    Kikau

JFH, TMM, Doui, Friend/RFM

Does that makes sense?
    sacrificing Barnetts score this week to allow me to get in 3 R17 and top 17 keepers in?

As above I am not sold on Friend yet, and would want to see him post up another good score or two before I bring him in. As I said he won't cost that much extra and you can bring in guys for this round anyway.

How many trades do you have? I can't believe people are trading out Cook, I mean point wise it is a positive. However the same fallacy was always with C. Smith. It isn't as if you are going to just leave that money there to bring him in, you will use it and then need the funds to bring him in again. S. Burgess I like, and I hope to see him return to form once again. On the same vein have you actually checked W. Graham. He has played 80 minutes 5 times this year and is averaging 37 points. His BE is 42 so he could still hit his 80 minute average this year and lose cash. (Minuscule amount.) Then he will be a slow burner to get back up in cash.

Barnett looks to be a trade out for sure, however if he gets 35 points this week he only losses $13k in cash. Johnson can wait an extra week and could drop cash. Returning from a year long niggling injury.

JFH -> Hipgrave
    Capewell -> Hodkinson
    Isaako -> Doueihi
    Mariner -> S. Burgess

Not sure if that gives you enough cash to make the moves you want next week. But it lets you keep Cook, keep Barnett for a week, stockpile some cash (I think), gives you a Rd 17 player, 3 Rd 13 players. If you want McInnes, and don't want Cook. Wait to see if Cook is rested or performs poorly in Origin. If he gets dropped for McInnes you did the trade for nothing.

Edit: Should leave you with $691k for upgrading which is great, and you keep Cook. You can also look at guys like Segeyaro/Brimson or even potentially upgrading JFH instead of downgrading him. It doesn't make sense to bring in guys like Harris, Johnson or McInnes this week when you aren't losing out on that much cash.

Last edited by Random on Wed May 30, 2018 9:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed May 30, 2018 9:21 pm

zorasdomain wrote:Anyone care to have a look at my team and tell me what they would do with it this week?

Have you posted it up? If so repost, if not PM me the details.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed May 30, 2018 9:21 pm

Yesterday I thought the idea of selling Cook was absolutely crazy, but now I'm coming more and more round to it. As well as a guaranteed extra player this week, the more I think about it the less likely Cook is to play full part Round 14, two days after Origin, or 18, early game three days after, when Souths actually have a very good back-up hooker. Other planned trades plus getting him back in would only leave me with 4 or 5 trades for the run in so big risk but need something like this to have a shot at the top 100, which is my current aim.
    zorasdomain
    zorasdomain

Post by zorasdomain Wed May 30, 2018 9:24 pm

wolfking wrote:

I paid 930K for a guy last week that decided to stay home instead of turn up to the game.

I know Taupau will burn me at that price, he did it last year, but I'm going to get burnt again.

If it helps, he did show up to the game. He just sat in the crowd, a few rows in front of me. I didn't get close enough to be able to tell him he was a big jerk for not playing.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 30, 2018 9:27 pm

JFH - Doueihi (or Martin)
    RFM - Tauapau

Griffin
    Fifita
    Taupau Tolo Murray
    Coggar Reynolds
    Fonus Marsters
    Thompson Ponga

Doueihi

Smith Crichton Arrow Teddy Martin Mitchell Cook Isaako MBye

I could go Isaako to Doueihi instead as trading JFH means I'll have no forward cover in my EMG, they will be all backs. The 150K I save from JFH lets me upgrade Murray easily next week though.

So not sure who to ditch Isakko or JFH.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 30, 2018 9:27 pm

zorasdomain wrote:

If it helps, he did show up to the game. He just sat in the crowd, a few rows in front of me. I didn't get close enough to be able to tell him he was a big jerk for not playing.

lol! Thanks mate, at least your intentions were on point haha.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed May 30, 2018 9:28 pm

code delta wrote:
    Hiku has Beale looming.

Why do you think Kearney will drop Hiku?
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed May 30, 2018 9:29 pm

wolfking wrote:JFH - Doueihi (or Martin)
    RFM - Tauapau

Griffin
    Fifita
    Taupau Tolo Murray
    Coggar Reynolds
    Fonus Marsters
    Thompson Ponga

Doueihi

Smith Crichton Arrow Teddy Martin Mitchell Cook Isaako MBye

I could go Isaako to Doueihi instead as trading JFH means I'll have no forward cover in my EMG, they will be all backs.  The 150K I save from JFH lets me upgrade Murray easily next week though.

So not sure who to ditch Isakko or JFH.

I think you are solid on selling JFH this week, it makes sense to get cash to upgrade Murray next week.

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2018 9:29 pm

Looking at that Souths team I cant shake the feeling Doueihi plays half and Walker back at fullback
    zorasdomain
    zorasdomain

Post by zorasdomain Wed May 30, 2018 9:29 pm

Random wrote:

Have you posted it up? If so repost, if not PM me the details.

Thanks guys. Here it is.
    Never posted my team before but now everyone can see it pretty easily I might as well.

Cook
    Fifita Arrow
    Taumalolo Jurbo Crichton
    ARey Matterson
    Mitchell Marsters
    Tedesco Ponga Mbye

Smith Taupau JFH Martin
    Fonua JMK GJennings Gosie

Gives me 10 for this week, pre trades.

Am 74 points ahead of 2nd.

Just looking to see what others would do this week in my position.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed May 30, 2018 9:31 pm

Random wrote:

As above I am not sold on Friend yet, and would want to see him post up another good score or two before I bring him in. As I said he won't cost that much extra and you can bring in guys for this round anyway.

How many trades do you have? I can't believe people are trading out Cook, I mean point wise it is a positive. However the same fallacy was always with C. Smith. It isn't as if you are going to just leave that money there to bring him in, you will use it and then need the funds to bring him in again. S. Burgess I like, and I hope to see him return to form once again. On the same vein have you actually checked W. Graham. He has played 80 minutes 5 times this year and is averaging 37 points. His BE is 42 so he could still hit his 80 minute average this year and lose cash. (Minuscule amount.) Then he will be a slow burner to get back up in cash.

Barnett looks to be a trade out for sure, however if he gets 35 points this week he only losses $13k in cash. Johnson can wait an extra week and could drop cash. Returning from a year long niggling injury.

JFH -> Hipgrave
    Capewell -> Hodkinson
    Isaako -> Doueihi
    Mariner -> S. Burgess

Not sure if that gives you enough cash to make the moves you want next week. But it lets you keep Cook, keep Barnett for a week, stockpile some cash (I think), gives you a Rd 17 player, 3 Rd 13 players. If you want McInnes, and don't want Cook. Wait to see if Cook is rested or performs poorly in Origin. If he gets dropped for McInnes you did the trade for nothing.
    Those trades lose me the 2 guys I'm keeping for R17 then upgrading to JTurbo  R18 mate which is what i want to avoid

I'm pretty positive in my own mind cook get's rested next week, if he doesn't Burgess still outpoints him on averages...just It's a risk I'm willing to take

If I stick with my trades and just get Doui in instead of Friend, I can get Harris, McInnes and SJ in and still have $200,000 banked for help when getting Cook back in R18
    zorasdomain
    zorasdomain

Post by zorasdomain Wed May 30, 2018 9:32 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:Yesterday I thought the idea of selling Cook was absolutely crazy, but now I'm coming more and more round to it. As well as a guaranteed extra player this week, the more I think about it the less likely Cook is to play full part Round 14, two days after Origin, or 18, early game three days after, when Souths actually have a very good back-up hooker. Other planned trades plus getting him back in would only leave me with 4 or 5 trades for the run in so big risk but need something like this to have a shot at the top 100, which is my current aim.

Nooo, you're talking me into doing it again! I just talked myself out of it. It could prove to be such a good move but it's so hard to tell. I probably shouldn't be playing risky but this is the kind of thing I like.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed May 30, 2018 9:34 pm

Loomer wrote:
    code delta wrote:
    Hiku has Beale looming.

Why do you think Kearney will drop Hiku?

He shouldn't Beale offers nothing. Beale will play off the bench in the utility roll. Kearney likes two utilities on the bench.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed May 30, 2018 9:35 pm

Welshy wrote:
    Those trades lose me the 2 guys I'm keeping for R17 then upgrading to JTurbo  R18 mate which is what i want to avoid

I'm pretty positive in my own mind cook get's rested next week, if he doesn't Burgess still outpoints him on averages...just It's a risk I'm willing to take

If I stick with my trades and just get Doui in instead of Friend, I can get Harris, McInnes and SJ in and still have $200,000 banked for help when getting Cook back in R18

That is fair, I still wouldn't risk Friend/Graham imo. Bringing in the last three are good trades with some risk.

Last edited by Random on Wed May 30, 2018 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 30, 2018 9:37 pm

Random wrote:

I think you are solid on selling JFH this week, it makes sense to get cash to upgrade Murray next week.

Yeah I know mate. I like JFH a lot and would like to probably keep him around but as you said, I need the money. Forgot Griffin is 2RF also. I think I'll end up holding Griffin too for the year the way things are panning out. Could be a solid 18th or 19th man.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:05 am