NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 48

Poll

Who are the underdogs for Game 1 of SOO ?

[ 34 ]
    2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 48 - Page 28 Bar_left41%2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 48 - Page 28 Bar_right [41%] 
    [ 48 ]
    2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 48 - Page 28 Bar_left59%2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 48 - Page 28 Bar_right [59%] 

Total Votes: 82
    Poll closed
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 48 - Page 28 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 48

Post by danseels1985 Wed May 30, 2018 12:18 pm

Welshy
    Welshy

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 48 - Page 28 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 48

Post by Welshy Wed May 30, 2018 12:24 pm

danseels1985 wrote:35k
    Now it's tough, both punts but could provide solid scores in the interim and generate some cash for R17 upgrades

could look at 
    Su'a - Graham 
    Gos - Guth

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2018 12:28 pm

Eels Nathan Brown trained with squad Today after recovering from ankle injury, final call to be made at Captain's run Friday as to if he plays this weekend
    https://twitter.com/WackosWhispers/status/1001764387512700928?s=19

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2018 12:30 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Best to cash out to 212k players or will Doughy and TMM suffice?

Having that same thought.
    For me buying TMM is really just for his points this week as won't be needed for cover and probably won't get cashed out either.

A 212k DPP WFB/CTR red dot player (Fonua is 18th man) is probably more useful long term (Or Wright if you can guarantee he disappears)

Thinking 68k extra in the bank (By not going TMM) means that is 68k less Martin or Su'a needs to earn in the future (to turn into a keeper) when you want to pull that trigger
    Also might mean you can save a trade on a downgrade too to find those funds

So using the example Su'a tops out at 600k, his value is now 668k.. Don't need much in the bank to make him a Cleary

Not sure how it effects your team but I am coming around to going a maximum cash out to save a further trade.

Last edited by Boozecluez on Wed May 30, 2018 12:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Wed May 30, 2018 12:33 pm

Hmm I'm a bit intrigued but Graham hasn't shown much this year and BE is 42 plus Guth won't make much cash the way my boys are playing whereas Sua still has cash to make. My way of thinking was Lane has almost peaked so he is the obvious choice to go after this week while Gos could make money again if he keeps a spot in the team. You've made me think though lol
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed May 30, 2018 12:44 pm

Apologies in advance for this long winder

Was looking at my trade ins, team for R13 and team for R14 and had a thought of whether it's worth field a decent 13 this week if my team next round would be too mid range punt heavy (JFriend + WGraham with JFH also on the bench)

R13 team after trades

Cook - Surgess
    Capewell - JFriend
    Isaako - WGraham

Friend
    Fifita, Surgess
    TLolo, Murray, Barnett
    ARey, TMM
    Dugan, Fonua
    Ponga

WGraham
    Cogger

(smith, kikau, martin, JFH, Mbye, Ted, RFM, Arrow)

So I'm now considering only bringing in only one of Friend/Graham and getting in Doui instead as it generates an extra $207,000 minimum, then lobbing Barnett for Harris this week which would allow me to get in both McInnes and SJ next round for Murray and Cogger)

theory behind that is not leaving so much money on the bench (Graham, JFH, RFM) and getting gun Top 17 keepers in quicker

so R14 team would look like

Smith
    Fifita, Arrow
    TLolo, Harris, Surgess
    ARey, SJ
    Dugan, Fonua
    Ponga, Tedesco, Mbye

Friend/RFM
    McInnes
    Martin
    Kikau

JFH, TMM, Doui, Friend/RFM

Does that makes sense?
    sacrificing Barnetts score this week to allow me to get in 3 R17 and top 17 keepers in?
    TheBadger
    TheBadger

Post by TheBadger Wed May 30, 2018 12:44 pm

Thoughts on this one fellas? My first year fantasy so not to sure how to deal with the bye rounds and 4 trade options. From what I see you wanna try get many guys on the field as possible. My current team;

Cook
    Arrow Fifi
    Lolo TPJ Harris
    Cogger DCE
    Inglis Isaako
    Teddy Ponga Thompson

McCullough Smith Kikau RFM
    JFH Martin Hipgrave Havili

Had fuck all playing R13, so thinking, planned trades;

Isaako -> Fonua
    RFM -> Friend
    Inglis -> Dugan
    JFH -> TMM

Leaving me with 12 trades left, $654k ITB. Reasonable? Or is it a bit overkill? Cheers in advance.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed May 30, 2018 12:46 pm

WT2K wrote:Eels Nathan Brown trained with squad Today after recovering from ankle injury, final call to be made at Captain's run Friday as to if he plays this weekend
    https://twitter.com/WackosWhispers/status/1001764387512700928?s=19

If he doesn't play this week I am booting him. Don't care if he is back next week. I have held him since Round 5. 7 FUCKING ROUNDS. STUPID PIECE OF SHIT EELS CANT SORT THEIR INJURY TIMELINES AND SORT SHIT AT ALL. FUCKING USELESS FUCKS CAN'T JUST TELL ME WHEN HE WILL BE BACK. INSTEAD I GET STUCK WITH THE FUCKING LUMP IN MY TEAM FOR 7 WEEKS. FUCKING TAUPAU SCORED 435 FUCKING POINTS WHILE THIS GUY WAS ON THE PINE! FUCK I COULD HAVE EVEN TRADED HIM TO DUGAN WHO GOT INJURED AND STILL CAME BACK BEFORE HIM. FUCKING DUGAN. DUDE WAS SUPPOSE TO BE TOUGH, FUCKING JAI ARROW IS TOUGH. FUCK YOU BROWN! ALSO WHY THE FUCK DO YOU HAVE THE SAME GENERIC ASS NAME AS THE FUCKING NEWCASTLE CAPTAIN. MAKES IT BLOODY DIFFICULT TO FUCKING SEARCH FOR SHIT ABOUT YOU. INSTEAD I GET BOMBARDED WITH... "Well the Knights are shit, Nathan Brown responds." THEY HAVE BEEN SHIT FOR AGES. JUST PUT UP A CONSISTENT FUCKING INJURY REPORT SO I DON'T LOOK STUPID FOR HOLDING HIM FOR SO LONG. SPEAKING OF FUCKING STUPID, I JUST REALISED I COULD HAVE USED CAPSLOCK THIS ENTIRE TIME, INSTEAD OF HOLDING SHIFT. FUCK. THEN I HAVE PEOPLE SAYING. "Don't think about how long you have held him. Think about how long until he returns." THAT WAS 4 FUCKING WEEKS AGO WHEN I THOUGHT HE WAS ONE OR TWO WEEKS OUT. FUCK YOU NATHAN BROWN. Rant Rant Rant

Seriously though, I really like Brown as a player and wish him a speedy recovery, and hope he puts out an 80 points as I must be the only sad fuck with him still in my squad. I also actually like Nathan Brown the Newcastle coach as well, but shit it makes life hard when you try and search one of them up.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Wed May 30, 2018 12:47 pm

Will be interesting to see how Nathan Brown impacts Parra rotations. I assume he goes to lock again obviously, but he was playing 70 mins (3 Out of 5 games). Does Terepo slot in at prop or 2RF? When Mannah comes back, does Alvaro’s minutes decrease? I assume Manu Ma’u stays as an 80min edge forward.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Wed May 30, 2018 12:48 pm

Shitposting
    Random wrote:

If he doesn't  play this week I am booting him. Don't care if he is back next week. I have held him since Round 5. 7 FUCKING ROUNDS. STUPID PIECE OF SHIT EELS CANT SORT THEIR INJURY TIMELINES AND SORT SHIT AT ALL. FUCKING USELESS FUCKS CAN'T JUST TELL ME WHEN HE WILL BE BACK. INSTEAD I GET STUCK WITH THE FUCKING LUMP IN MY TEAM FOR 7 WEEKS. FUCKING TAUPAU SCORED 435 FUCKING POINTS WHILE THIS GUY WAS ON THE PINE! FUCK I COULD HAVE EVEN TRADED HIM TO DUGAN WHO GOT INJURED AND STILL CAME BACK BEFORE HIM. FUCKING DUGAN. DUDE WAS SUPPOSE TO BE TOUGH, FUCKING JAI ARROW IS TOUGH. FUCK YOU BROWN! ALSO WHY THE FUCK DO YOU HAVE THE SAME GENERIC ASS NAME AS THE FUCKING NEWCASTLE CAPTAIN. MAKES IT BLOODY DIFFICULT TO FUCKING SEARCH FOR SHIT ABOUT YOU. INSTEAD I GET BOMBARDED WITH... "Well the Knights are shit, Nathan Brown responds." THEY HAVE BEEN SHIT FOR AGES. JUST PUT UP A CONSISTENT FUCKING INJURY REPORT SO I DON'T LOOK STUPID FOR HOLDING HIM FOR SO LONG. SPEAKING OF FUCKING STUPID, I JUST REALISED I COULD HAVE USED CAPSLOCK THIS ENTIRE TIME, INSTEAD OF HOLDING SHIFT. FUCK. THEN I HAVE PEOPLE SAYING. "Don't think about how long you have held him. Think about how long until he returns." THAT WAS 4 FUCKING WEEKS AGO WHEN I THOUGHT HE WAS ONE OR TWO WEEKS OUT. FUCK YOU NATHAN BROWN. Rant  Rant  Rant

Seriously though, I really like Brown as a player and wish him a speedy recovery, and hope he puts out an 80 points as I must be the only sad fuck with him still in my squad. I also actually like Nathan Brown the Newcastle coach as well, but shit it makes life hard when you try and search one of them up.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 30, 2018 12:51 pm

Welshy wrote:Apologies in advance for this long winder

Was looking at my trade ins, team for R13 and team for R14 and had a thought of whether it's worth field a decent 13 this week if my team next round would be too mid range punt heavy (JFriend + WGraham with JFH also on the bench)

R13 team after trades

Cook - Surgess
    Capewell - JFriend
    Isaako - WGraham

Friend
    Fifita, Surgess
    TLolo, Murray, Barnett
    ARey, TMM
    Dugan, Fonua
    Ponga

WGraham
    Cogger

(smith, kikau, martin, JFH, Mbye, Ted, RFM, Arrow)

So I'm now considering only bringing in only one of Friend/Graham and getting in Doui instead as it generates an extra $207,000 minimum, then lobbing Barnett for Harris this week which would allow me to get in both McInnes and SJ next round for Murray and Cogger)

theory behind that is not leaving so much money on the bench (Graham, JFH, RFM) and getting gun Top 17 keepers in quicker

so R14 team would look like

Smith
    Fifita, Arrow
    TLolo, Harris, Surgess
    ARey, SJ
    Dugan, Fonua
    Ponga, Tedesco, Mbye

Friend/RFM
    McInnes
    Martin
    Kikau

JFH, TMM, Doui, Friend/RFM

Does that makes sense?
    sacrificing Barnetts score this week to allow me to get in 3 R17 and top 17 keepers in?

Sounds like an interesting strategy. The thought of selling Cook terrifies me but I know it's something you've put some thought into so all good.

Also I've noticed you don't own Taupau!? What's the reason behind that??
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed May 30, 2018 12:52 pm

TheBadger wrote:Thoughts on this one fellas? My first year fantasy so not to sure how to deal with the bye rounds and 4 trade options. From what I see you wanna try get many guys on the field as possible. My current team;

Cook
    Arrow Fifi
    Lolo TPJ Harris
    Cogger DCE
    Inglis Isaako
    Teddy Ponga Thompson

McCullough Smith Kikau RFM
    JFH Martin Hipgrave Havili

Had fuck all playing R13, so thinking, planned trades;

Isaako -> Fonua
    RFM -> Friend
    Inglis -> Dugan
    JFH -> TMM

Leaving me with 12 trades left, $654k ITB. Reasonable? Or is it a bit overkill? Cheers in advance.

I really like it, but don't get hung up on the bye rounds too much. Round 17 is going to lay waste to many. Many will struggle to field 5-6 players that round.

I am not sold on Friend magically returning to form, I would say that trading him in is definitely a risk at this stage until he pumps out a big score. Last week he got a TA and a LBA. He has only gotten a TA one other time this season, and the LBA is his first. Add to that him missing 1 tackle instead of his average of 4 tackles per game. Meant he got a higher score. If he were to hit 60 points this week, you would have more concrete proof and it would only cost you $37k. I would pick another gun. Especially with so much damn money in the bank.

Taupau would be a great option, Matterson as well and it fixes your halves. I actually really like the idea of Matterson for your team and you can move him to the 2RF if you decide to grab Cleary. Hell turn JFH into Taupau as well, sure it eats up your cash but really stacks your side for this bye round and gives you 3 certain keepers in your team and a long term prospect in Fonua. Then you can look at other cheapies next week. (You also don't have many trades so you want to get to your final team soon and TMM/Friend might not fit the picture.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed May 30, 2018 12:57 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

Sounds like an interesting strategy. The thought of selling Cook terrifies me but I know it's something you've put some thought into so all good.

I refuse to pay $877,000 (62 avg) for him when he is averaging 56. Boosted by back to back games where he went 24 and 48 points above it

On top of that he has failed to beat his current average 75% of his matches (4 from 12).

Do I want him? Yes. 
    Do I want him at current price? Yes.
    Will I actually pay out for him? No.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed May 30, 2018 12:57 pm

Random wrote:

If he doesn't  play this week I am booting him. Don't care if he is back next week. I have held him since Round 5. 7 FUCKING ROUNDS. STUPID PIECE OF SHIT EELS CANT SORT THEIR INJURY TIMELINES AND SORT SHIT AT ALL. FUCKING USELESS FUCKS CAN'T JUST TELL ME WHEN HE WILL BE BACK. INSTEAD I GET STUCK WITH THE FUCKING LUMP IN MY TEAM FOR 7 WEEKS. FUCKING TAUPAU SCORED 435 FUCKING POINTS WHILE THIS GUY WAS ON THE PINE! FUCK I COULD HAVE EVEN TRADED HIM TO DUGAN WHO GOT INJURED AND STILL CAME BACK BEFORE HIM. FUCKING DUGAN. DUDE WAS SUPPOSE TO BE TOUGH, FUCKING JAI ARROW IS TOUGH. FUCK YOU BROWN! ALSO WHY THE FUCK DO YOU HAVE THE SAME GENERIC ASS NAME AS THE FUCKING NEWCASTLE CAPTAIN. MAKES IT BLOODY DIFFICULT TO FUCKING SEARCH FOR SHIT ABOUT YOU. INSTEAD I GET BOMBARDED WITH... "Well the Knights are shit, Nathan Brown responds." THEY HAVE BEEN SHIT FOR AGES. JUST PUT UP A CONSISTENT FUCKING INJURY REPORT SO I DON'T LOOK STUPID FOR HOLDING HIM FOR SO LONG. SPEAKING OF FUCKING STUPID, I JUST REALISED I COULD HAVE USED CAPSLOCK THIS ENTIRE TIME, INSTEAD OF HOLDING SHIFT. FUCK. THEN I HAVE PEOPLE SAYING. "Don't think about how long you have held him. Think about how long until he returns." THAT WAS 4 FUCKING WEEKS AGO WHEN I THOUGHT HE WAS ONE OR TWO WEEKS OUT. FUCK YOU NATHAN BROWN. Rant  Rant  Rant

Post of the year contender! Laughing Laughing Laughing
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed May 30, 2018 1:00 pm

mickspicks wrote:Will be interesting to see how Nathan Brown impacts Parra rotations. I assume he goes to lock again obviously, but he was playing 70 mins (3 Out of 5 games). Does Terepo slot in at prop or 2RF? When Mannah comes back, does Alvaro’s minutes decrease? I assume Manu Ma’u stays as an 80min edge forward.

I don't think Arthur has any problem slotting Moeroa to the bench. I would say Ma'u stays an 80 minute edge forward. I think Alvaro's score will slip a little with Mannah and Brown both in the pack. He will get around that 50 minute mark, but I don't think we will see him making 45+ tackles a game.

I reckon they line up like the following.

D. Alvaro - T. Mannah
    M. Ma'u - N. Brown - P. Terepo

W. Smith, T. Moeroa, S. Vave, S. Matagi

Terepo and Moeroa are interchangeable but Moeroa offers more impact off the bench imo.
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Wed May 30, 2018 1:01 pm

Welshy wrote:
    What's a moron mission?
    2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 48 - Page 28 Giphy
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed May 30, 2018 1:01 pm

filthridden wrote:
    Post of the year contender! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Really hoping I pull a MTM with him.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed May 30, 2018 1:04 pm

Welshy wrote:
    Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

I refuse to pay $877,000 (62 avg) for him when he is averaging 56. Boosted by back to back games where he went 24 and 48 points above it

On top of that he has failed to beat his current average 75% of his matches (4 from 12).

Do I want him? Yes. 

This is my reasoning, but then I look at the fact last time he played the Knights he hit 104 points.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 30, 2018 1:05 pm

Welshy wrote:

Do I want him? Yes. 

Haha I feel the exact same way about that price, it will be out of the calls soon as well.
    I could forgo him and pick up Fitzgibbon and NBrown instead, both good options I reckon.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 30, 2018 1:08 pm

Random wrote:

This is my reasoning, but then I look at the fact last time he played the Knights he hit 104 points.

Lucky he's not playing the Knights then haha

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:49 pm