NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 45

Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 45 - Page 33 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 45

Post by Teeth Eater Tue May 22, 2018 9:53 pm

Welshy wrote:
    ET - Elijah Taylor

perennial great scorer at lock, but massive injury risk and risk of being moving around in that tigers pack

Ah, I see and I thank you. And yeah, I agree and revert to my commentary above about Lolahea. I'm not really keen at all on taking a punt on any of the Tigers due to the risk associated with holding a position there. I actually don't have M.Fonua yet either and the main reason I'm wary of him is the possibility that he might not be there every week. In all honesty, of the lot, he seems most likely to hold a spot (as long as he turns up on time), but there's still a risk there.
    Welshy
    Welshy

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 45 - Page 33 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 45

Post by Welshy Tue May 22, 2018 9:54 pm

Mearcats wrote:

In front of Papa
    Guerra always been a beast in Origin, I'd have him over Papa and Mcguire
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue May 22, 2018 9:55 pm

Welshy wrote:

Especially with his form this year. I think he'd turn up if he got the nod again.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Tue May 22, 2018 10:01 pm

Regulator wrote:I'll throw my mob at you Mearcats for the first time if you don't mind.

Cook
    Jarrow
    Fifita
    Surgess
    Taumalolo
    TPJ
    DCE
    JMK
    Mitchell
    Isaako
    Teddy
    Ponga
    Mbye

Smith
    Martin
    Kikau
    JFH

Johnson
    Brimson
    Cogger
    Toomaga

The ugly one there is obviously JMK but waiting for SJ to be back. He should make money this week if only a little.

Thinking maybe Kikau to Masters or Aitken to push Isaako out. Isaako keeps doing enough though. I want Cleary but waiting a while on that one.

Got nothing in the bank and burned a lot of trades haha. So also thinking of waiting, but waiting a week on Kikau to Masters potentially costs me a bit.

Course Reg, no dramas mate! Could be the thousandth time fella, I wouldn't mind, always happy to share a pair of eyes.

Pretty loaded team! Kudos on having the patience/keeping the faith with SJ. I wouldn't say JMK is an ugly option... not ideal sure but could be worse. Not interested in moving Mbye or Brimson into your halves tho and offloading him this week mate? I'd probably pull the trigger on him as with Olive coming into the Dogs side and Holland still on the bench, barring an injury he probably goes back to the prior couple of weeks scoring rather than last weeks.

You also have Cogger as an option to play over JMK. In fact, I'd probably just straight switch the two this week, and potentially bank a couple of trades seeing as you've been burning them and you ideally want to upgrade Isaako at some time. Kikau could go this week but as I've stated earlier, I'd want that to be for a keeper or a base cow. If you think Marsters fits that bill then pull the trigger mate, personally I'd lean towards a hold for the week tho.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Tue May 22, 2018 10:03 pm

Welshy wrote:
    I think its around 35 extra points up until R18 trading one of those 3 for Crichton next week.

Matterson is slightly different because as a half where I would use him I don't waste a 2RF spot over someone with more potential like JTurbo and Matterson goes to the bench in my top 17 in place of SJ/Cleary so he holds a bit more value than Crichton for my team set up

Other problem with trying to gain an extra R13 player at the expense of the 3 above is there are 5 rounds between when an injury/suspension could happen, i would hate to grab an extra R13 keeper only for them to get injured and lose the chance on some juicy R17 points from the trade out lol

only keeper i mentioned I'm after who plays R13 and the point difference is big enough to consider is Taupau, but I've been done by the big man twice before

This is the most pertinent point and while typing my response it was going over and over in my head but I completely forgot to type it! Lol.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue May 22, 2018 10:03 pm

@mearcats

Reckon i should just play Cogger this week and grab Matterson next week after his likely price drop?
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Tue May 22, 2018 10:06 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

Thanks for the tips. I've been keeping a sneaky eye on Hipgrave but not sure of his point scoring potential. Lolohea I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Not a fan of him as a footballer one bit, and can't see him being any better in Fantasy... or is he actually okay? That said, I never thought I'd have Mbye in my team, but he's worked out well for me this year. The other thing with Lolohea - and most Tigers, to be honest - is I just don't trust the constant changes being made there each week. There's absolutely no guarantee he'll be there from one week to another, so I couldn't take that gamble. As for my mate Gutho - I'm a massive Eels and Gutho fan (yep, it's a good year), but as a Fantasy option... dunno, really not sure about that one. If I even considered it, I'd definitely watch this week and see how he goes before I plunged on that.

And excuse my stupidness, but I can't pick who ET might be?

Anyway of that lot, money making aside, Luke would be the best potential scorer, wouldn't he?

Luke would be the most consistent scorer mate, yeah. He doesn't have the ceiling that someone like Gutho does but in a week to week solid scenario he should come out on top, yeah.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Tue May 22, 2018 10:07 pm

Welshy wrote:

100%. Upvoted this!
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Tue May 22, 2018 10:10 pm

Welshy wrote:@mearcats

Reckon i should just play Cogger this week and grab Matterson next week after his likely price drop?

Burnt through many trades? Probs about 20 points differential I think. If you really need the points you'd go Matters this week regardless. But I like the idea of holding. If he has another 35 point week (unlikely though possible) he may score the same as Cogger.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue May 22, 2018 10:10 pm

Mearcats wrote:

100%. Upvoted this!
    As a OSW supporter I'd love them to stuff Mcguire in there especially after injury comeback, big worker and a good player but Papa has the x factor and Guerra far more versatile
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue May 22, 2018 10:19 pm

Mearcats wrote:

Burnt through many trades? Probs about 20 points differential I think. If you really need the points you'd go Matters this week regardless. But I like the idea of holding. If he has another 35 point week (unlikely though possible) he may score the same as Cogger.
    If I go Hav - Matterson and Lamb - TMM I will have 15 remaining and $213,000 in the bank

I worked out I should have a surplus in cash for players I want in vs players to trade out so I potentially don't need the price drop off Matterson 

I guess it comes down to trading for a more likely better score off Matterson vs potential for injury and burning a trade I might not of needed to make

Are you in agreement that DCE isn't as profitable without his GK? Because he was m original half want
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Tue May 22, 2018 10:29 pm

Welshy wrote:
    As a OSW supporter I'd love them to stuff Mcguire in there especially after injury comeback, big worker and a good player but Papa has the x factor and Guerra far more versatile

I agree on most of this... It's Guerra's attitude that makes me want him in the side. I like the cut of his jib when it comes to how he goes about his game, especially in the big arena. Papa definitely had x factor, dunno if he still has it, ain't seen it in quite a while. Think we cover that with Hess anyways. Papa has versatility going for him in that he can play both middle front and the edges. Moose can do that though.

My ideal QLD lineup would be....

1. Slater
    2. Gagai
    3. Chambers
    4. GI
    5. Oates
    6. Munster
    7. Hunt
    8. Wallace
    9. Macca
    10. Napa
    11. Felise
    12.Guerra/Cooper
    13.Arrow

14. Morgan
    15. McGuire
    16. Glasby/Papa
    17. Hess

I actually don't think Gi deserves to be picked but then our options at CTR are very VERY slim. I also wouldn't have Matt Scott in my side.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue May 22, 2018 10:30 pm

Are many holding onto Lamb? I've used way too many trades, including Dugan in one week out the next, and I am hoping Lamb comes back in four weeks or so to make a portion of the money I hoped he would. But by then is his money making potential kind of void anyway? Too late? And did I see somewhere today that Pearce thinks he'll be back early?

I dunno. Like I say, I want to hold Lamb (and the trade) for now, but is it silly to do this?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue May 22, 2018 10:31 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:Are many holding onto Lamb? I've used way too many trades, including Dugan in one week out the next, and I am hoping Lamb comes back in four weeks or so to make a portion of the money I hoped he would. But by then is his money making potential kind of void anyway? Too late? And did I see somewhere today that Pearce thinks he'll be back early?

I dunno. Like I say, I want to hold Lamb (and the trade) for now, but is it silly to do this?
    Lamb 4 weeks is R15, lost his R13 bye value and Pearce could be back by then anyway. Trade for me
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue May 22, 2018 10:35 pm

Mearcats wrote:

I agree on most of this... It's Guerra's attitude that makes me want him in the side. I like the cut of his jib when it comes to how he goes about his game, especially in the big arena. Papa definitely had x factor, dunno if he still has it, ain't seen it in quite a while. Think we cover that with Hess anyways. Papa has versatility going for him in that he can play both middle front and the edges. Moose can do that though.

My ideal QLD lineup would be....

1. Slater
    2. Gagai
    3. Chambers
    4. GI
    5. Oates
    6. Munster
    7. Hunt
    8. Wallace
    9. Macca
    10. Napa
    11. Felise
    12.Guerra/Cooper
    13.Arrow

14. Morgan
    15. McGuire
    16. Glasby/Papa
    17. Hess

I actually don't think Gi deserves to be picked but then our options at CTR are very VERY slim. I also wouldn't have Matt Scott in my side.
    I wouldn't have Napa anywhere near my side, massive tone setter but plenty can do that without completely missing and creating massive holes in the defensive line

I can see the appeal but I don't think he does enough going forward either
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Tue May 22, 2018 10:36 pm

Welshy wrote:
    If I go Hav - Matterson and Lamb - TMM I will have 15 remaining and $213,000 in the bank

I worked out I should have a surplus in cash for players I want in vs players to trade out so I potentially don't need the price drop off Matterson 

I guess it comes down to trading for a more likely better score off Matterson vs potential for injury and burning a trade I might not of needed to make

Are you in agreement that DCE isn't as profitable without his GK? Because he was m original half want

No. Only because it's only been one week and it was a mental week for Manly. I need more than 30ish minutes to decipher what impact Hokko is going to have. I.e. let's say DCE does lose the kicking duties but due to playing alongside an established half who can alleviate a bit of pressure he picks up more RM's and other attacking stats. Then it balances. Alternatively, he is handed the kicking tee back this week.

I have him, started the season with him. I bought him as a gun and a keeper and unless his scores start taking a drastic nosedive, I will hold to that theory. He still scored 55 on the weekend. It could have been 6-8 points more if he was kicking goals but I'll take 55 for the moment. The next best (asides the permanently injured SJ) is Matters. I'll hold for another few weeks, Pearce ain't that far off...
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Tue May 22, 2018 10:37 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:Are many holding onto Lamb? I've used way too many trades, including Dugan in one week out the next, and I am hoping Lamb comes back in four weeks or so to make a portion of the money I hoped he would. But by then is his money making potential kind of void anyway? Too late? And did I see somewhere today that Pearce thinks he'll be back early?

Latest Pearce update is rd14
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue May 22, 2018 10:37 pm

Mearcats wrote:

No. Only because it's only been one week and it was a mental week for Manly. I need more than 30ish minutes to decipher what impact Hokko is going to have. I.e. let's say DCE does lose the kicking duties but due to playing alongside an established half who can alleviate a bit of pressure he picks up more RM's and other attacking stats. Then it balances. Alternatively, he is handed the kicking tee back this week.

I have him, started the season with him. I bought him as a gun and a keeper and unless his scores start taking a drastic nosedive, I will hold to that theory. He still scored 55 on the weekend. It could have been 6-8 points more if he was kicking goals but I'll take 55 for the moment. The next best (asides the permanently injured SJ) is Matters. I'll hold for another few weeks, Pearce ain't that far off...
    DCE is fine for those who already have him mate, I wouldn't be trading him out If I already did, but without GK and he will get less KM with Hodko also I won't be trading him in yet.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Tue May 22, 2018 10:44 pm

Welshy wrote:
    I wouldn't have Napa anywhere near my side, massive tone setter but plenty can do that without completely missing and creating massive holes in the defensive line

I can see the appeal but I don't think he does enough going forward either

So where do you think our other deficiency is in QLD stocks? drunken bounce Lol. We ain't got many forwards. I like Napa, has mongrel and NSW always like to pick big boys, you want someone to go toe to toe with those types. I agree that he is a bit of a liability in defence though. Alongside Wallace and Arrow (the human tackle bot) I don't see that being a problem.

The alternatives are Thaiday (no thanks), Lilyman (past it) Bolton (wouldn't be bad but untested) Scott (past it) or a gamble on a complete young 'un like Offa, Sua, Jensen, Welch or Hipgrave or playing a secondrower like Bukuya out of position.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Tue May 22, 2018 10:47 pm

Welshy wrote:
    DCE is fine for those who already have him mate, I wouldn't be trading him out If I already did, but without GK and he will get less KM with Hodko also I won't be trading him in yet.

Definitely not. Not for at least a few weeks until we get a better understanding of how that combination is going to work. If you needed or wanted a half this week the go Matters. Or play Cogger. But no way would I be buying a 55.5avg priced player who very well could be a 48avg player in two to three weeks.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:33 pm