NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 45

Moose
    Moose

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 45 - Page 32 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 45

Post by Moose Tue May 22, 2018 9:11 pm

Thanks for the cash Rein. Hello Tofu.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 45 - Page 32 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 45

Post by mickspicks Tue May 22, 2018 9:12 pm

Loomer wrote:

You shouldn't be getting Terepo to make much money

Reckon I’m better off holding Havili this week and picking up an Origin bloke? I could bring in Angus this week, or I could jump on Teddy or TommyT. I don’t want to jump on Teddy/Tommy this week because one will be in Origin and the other won’t (most likely).
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue May 22, 2018 9:16 pm

Mearcats wrote:

Oh, still love him, just not sure the role he is playing suits him. I'm waiting for another year or two til he goes gangbusters. Gonna happen, mark my words. He's wonderboy! Just not in fantasy purposes yet.
    Taking the piss mate, I might take a punt on TMM over Brimson as they are both similar fantasy players and TMM plays R13

I need your opinion on he timings on some of my trade ins, I posted that I'm planing on keeping the likes of RFM/Kikau/JFH until they play R17 as the only option I want in for them in terms of my final 17 are JTurbo/Tohu and potentially Matterson/Crichton/Brown (Brown probably out of picture as he will likely miss 13)

JTurbo can wait as he misses 2 rounds and will score less than RFM/Kikau/JFH

only top 17 players i 100% want in after R13 and before R17 ( to maximise scoring potential) is Harris and SJ, potentially Aitken but I reckon my last CTR spot should be the last to be filled in my top 17

Murray and Barnett after R13 are going for THarris and I would love Macca if no origin as his current price point is a steal if he does origin. I need you to help me decide If getting an extra R13 keeper in for RFM/Kikau/JFH is worth it? Crichton/Matterson?

currently going Havili - Matterson this week and Lamb - TMM (extra R13 player)
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Tue May 22, 2018 9:17 pm

Mearcats wrote:

Ah, beautiful! Someone else adopting the "F" byes strategy. Me too! Lol. Sorry I've missed ya the last few times mate but more than happy to have a good look for you now.

Personally, I like the alternative. Big points grab this week. I will however state that I am very interested in Gutho.

Firstly, Rein is a definite trade. Nobody bought him as a keeper and after last week he is going to bleed of cash fast. So that trade is sound. Kikau I will personally hold, don't see bench being a problem for him, so long as he gets around 55-60mins he'll be in my side if for nothing less than a solid 18th man. Borderlining keeper. If you want to trade him (there's plenty of people with that idea) that's all good, as long as it's for someone who will score the same or better or for a cash grab.

With that in mind, your first suggestion looks sound. I wouldn't say awesome purely as I see Kikau as a hold but solid for sure.

For the monster trade week, would you really trade Murray one week before he plays a bye round, regardless of your concern for byes? I think he's likely a hold at least for that week, and I would think he probably goes back to the starting side and better minutes soon enough, Anyone that thinks the Burgess twins keep their current form up for an extended period of time is looking at the Bunnies through rose tinted glasses I reckon.

Aitken is a CTR... Top tier but a CTR so you know what you're getting there. Also gives you a week to watch Guth. Speaking of a weeks watch, following next round there will be another updating to the DPP so may be worth a wait and see bro, especially if someone like Yeo gets DPP status.

Still personally leaning towards the FIFI and Taupau in this week option but that may just be me getting points greedy!

Cheers mate, appreciate the insights. The only reason I'm trading Kikau and Murray at all is to fund all the trade ins. Kikau will lose cash if he doesn't crack 50 whereas JFH will make some gains if he only hits 40s. Thanks for the update about centres, that might be where I can free up some cash.

Strongly considering the Fifi and Taupau trade this week now, and hold Murray next. Cheers again, you're a legend
    Fraser
    Fraser

Post by Fraser Tue May 22, 2018 9:18 pm

@Mearcats would be imterested in your thoughts on my team if you've got the time. Also interested in what anyone else thinks as well!

294k it and 18 trades left.

Cook
    Fifita Arrow
    Lolo TPJ Murray
    Arey Lamb*
    Cotric Mitchell
    Ponga Teddy Thompson

Smith JFH Havili Martin
    Kikau Isaako Rein Katoa

Obviously need to bring in another half this week so was thinking of just doing the 1 trade of Rein to a rd13 half. Right move or should I be making 2 trades this week? And who should I bring in?

Thx in advance
    EvenSteeden
    EvenSteeden

Post by EvenSteeden Tue May 22, 2018 9:18 pm

Quiet night tonight, so had a look through the Ron Massey Cup teams - a few old names popped up from the memory bank:
    Beau HENRY
    Taniela LASALO
    Mitchell ACHURCH
    Geoffrey DANIELA
    Frank PRITCHARD (the tank!)
    Nathan SMITH
    Omar SLAIMANKHEL (remember him?)
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue May 22, 2018 9:19 pm

I think I'm pretty sold on these trades this week;

Kikau - Fonua
    Havilli - Fifita

Would give me this team with 17 trades left;

Cook
    Fifita Arrow
    Crichton Tolo RFM
    MBye Reynolds
    Mitchell Marsters
    Ponga Teddy Thompson

Smith Martin Murray JFH

Fonua Griffin Coggar Isaako
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Tue May 22, 2018 9:19 pm

I’m looking at Guerra. Looking, looking, looking.

Qld forwards?

8. Scott
    9. McCullough
    10. Wallace
    11. Felise
    12. Cooper
    13. McGuire*
    14. Morgs
    15. Napa
    16. Hess
    17. Papa

If McGuire is not fit, I see Guerra being recalled. Kev says only Felise gets picked as a new bloke in Origin One.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue May 22, 2018 9:22 pm

mickspicks wrote:I’m looking at Guerra. Looking, looking, looking.

Qld forwards?

8. Scott
    9. McCullough
    10. Wallace
    11. Felise
    12. Cooper
    13. McGuire*
    14. Morgs
    15. Napa
    16. Hess
    17. Papa

If McGuire is not fit, I see Guerra being recalled. Kev says only Felise gets picked as a new bloke in Origin One.
    Guerra will be in there somewhere
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Tue May 22, 2018 9:26 pm

Everyone trade in Guerra.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue May 22, 2018 9:27 pm

Guerra wont be picked. Mcguire will play. Arrow will be 18th man.
    Neillo
    Neillo

Post by Neillo Tue May 22, 2018 9:29 pm

Any word yet if Cleary will take back the kicking duties or if Maloney is likely to keep them?
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Tue May 22, 2018 9:31 pm

Welshy wrote:
    Taking the piss mate, I might take a punt on TMM over Brimson as they are both similar fantasy players and TMM plays R13

I need your opinion on he timings on some of my trade ins, I posted that I'm planing on keeping the likes of RFM/Kikau/JFH until they play R17 as the only option I want in for them in terms of my final 17 are JTurbo/Tohu and potentially Matterson/Crichton/Brown (Brown probably out of picture as he will likely miss 13)

JTurbo can wait as he misses 2 rounds and will score less than RFM/Kikau/JFH

only top 17 players i 100% want in after R13 and before R17 ( to maximise scoring potential) is Harris and SJ, potentially Aitken but I reckon my last CTR spot should be the last to be filled in my top 17

Murray and Barnett after R13 are going for THarris and I would love Macca if no origin as his current price point is a steal if he does origin. I need you to help me decide If getting an extra R13 keeper in for RFM/Kikau/JFH is worth it? Crichton/Matterson?

currently going Havili - Matterson this week and Lamb - TMM (extra R13 player)

It's not. Based off stats (and really that's about all we have to go off other than gut feelings) I think you've already shown that the difference, if any, is minimal at best mate. Lamb can go as he is gone for a month and Matterson is well worth a pickup, BE aside. Havili is a sell, though not urgent, you could hold if you wanted to. I think he'll hit his BE anyways so no rush but if it allows you yo grab Matterson in that bundle then go for it.

The only way I would be chasin a rd13 player now is if they are a keeper/trying to win a h2h matchup or whatnot. Especially at the expense of one of these three that you mentioned in RFM/JFH/Kikau. In another few weeks you'll be wishing you had at least one if not two of those three for the rd17 bye.
    Regulator
    Regulator

Post by Regulator Tue May 22, 2018 9:36 pm

I'll throw my mob at you Mearcats for the first time if you don't mind.

Cook
    Jarrow
    Fifita
    Surgess
    Taumalolo
    TPJ
    DCE
    JMK
    Mitchell
    Isaako
    Teddy
    Ponga
    Mbye

Smith
    Martin
    Kikau
    JFH

Johnson
    Brimson
    Cogger
    Toomaga

The ugly one there is obviously JMK but waiting for SJ to be back. He should make money this week if only a little.

Thinking maybe Kikau to Masters or Aitken to push Isaako out. Isaako keeps doing enough though. I want Cleary but waiting a while on that one.

Got nothing in the bank and burned a lot of trades haha. So also thinking of waiting, but waiting a week on Kikau to Masters potentially costs me a bit.

Last edited by Regulator on Tue May 22, 2018 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue May 22, 2018 9:38 pm

Mearcats wrote:

It's not. Based off stats (and really that's about all we have to go off other than gut feelings) I think you've already shown that the difference, if any, is minimal at best mate. Lamb can go as he is gone for a month and Matterson is well worth a pickup, BE aside. Havili is a sell, though not urgent, you could hold if you wanted to. I think he'll hit his BE anyways so no rush but if it allows you yo grab Matterson in that bundle then go for it.

The only way I would be chasin a rd13 player now is if they are a keeper/trying to win a h2h matchup or whatnot. Especially at the expense of one of these three that you mentioned in RFM/JFH/Kikau. In another few weeks you'll be wishing you had at least one if not two of those three for the rd17 bye.
    I think its around 35 extra points up until R18 trading one of those 3 for Crichton next week.

Matterson is slightly different because as a half where I would use him I don't waste a 2RF spot over someone with more potential like JTurbo and Matterson goes to the bench in my top 17 in place of SJ/Cleary so he holds a bit more value than Crichton for my team set up

Other problem with trying to gain an extra R13 player at the expense of the 3 above is there are 5 rounds between when an injury/suspension could happen, i would hate to grab an extra R13 keeper only for them to get injured and lose the chance on some juicy R17 points from the trade out lol

only keeper i mentioned I'm after who plays R13 and the point difference is big enough to consider is Taupau, but I've been done by the big man twice before
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue May 22, 2018 9:43 pm

Mearcats wrote:

Ah, I see! Well then it makes a lot more sense bunj. There isn't a great deal of option out there that falls into that category and Luke definitely does and should garner you a bit of money. Not a lot though. If he averages 50 he'll only make about 50k in the next three weeks. I'd be more inclined to look at someone like Hipgrave, Guth, ET or if you like a gamble Lolohea. All in the same sort of boat as Luke either in that they can make some coin or are fallen gems with some upside.

Thanks for the tips. I've been keeping a sneaky eye on Hipgrave but not sure of his point scoring potential. Lolohea I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Not a fan of him as a footballer one bit, and can't see him being any better in Fantasy... or is he actually okay? That said, I never thought I'd have Mbye in my team, but he's worked out well for me this year. The other thing with Lolohea - and most Tigers, to be honest - is I just don't trust the constant changes being made there each week. There's absolutely no guarantee he'll be there from one week to another, so I couldn't take that gamble. As for my mate Gutho - I'm a massive Eels and Gutho fan (yep, it's a good year), but as a Fantasy option... dunno, really not sure about that one. If I even considered it, I'd definitely watch this week and see how he goes before I plunged on that.

And excuse my stupidness, but I can't pick who ET might be?

Anyway of that lot, money making aside, Luke would be the best potential scorer, wouldn't he?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue May 22, 2018 9:45 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

Thanks for the tips. I've been keeping a sneaky eye on Hipgrave but not sure of his point scoring potential. Lolohea I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Not a fan of him as a footballer one bit, and can't see him being any better in Fantasy... or is he actually okay? That said, I never thought I'd have Mbye in my team, but he's worked out well for me this year. The other thing with Lolohea - and most Tigers, to be honest - is I just don't trust the constant changes being made there each week. There's absolutely no guarantee he'll be there from one week to another, so I couldn't take that gamble. As for my mate Gutho - I'm a massive Eels and Gutho fan (yep, it's a good year), but as a Fantasy option... dunno, really not sure about that one. If I even considered it, I'd definitely watch this week and see how he goes before I plunged on that.

And excuse my stupidness, but I can't pick who ET might be?

Anyway of that lot, money making aside, Luke would be the best potential scorer, wouldn't he?
    ET - Elijah Taylor

perennial great scorer at lock, but massive injury risk and risk of being moving around in that tigers pack
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Tue May 22, 2018 9:48 pm

Fraser wrote:@Mearcats would be imterested in your thoughts on my team if you've got the time. Also interested in what anyone else thinks as well!

294k it and 18 trades left.

Cook
    Fifita Arrow
    Lolo TPJ Murray
    Arey Lamb*
    Cotric Mitchell
    Ponga Teddy Thompson

Smith JFH Havili Martin
    Kikau Isaako Rein Katoa

Obviously need to bring in another half this week so was thinking of just doing the 1 trade of Rein to a rd13 half. Right move or should I be making 2 trades this week? And who should I bring in?

Thx in advance

Always got time for an old hand like yourself Fraser!

Mate, I think you have the trades to be able to make two this week. The team looks solid, love that you've got Cotric, little jelly about that! Heh.

Here's what I think . Rein needs to go, obviously,and you definitely need another half. But then you also have Havili, Thompson in your starting 17 that could make way. As well as Kikau in your EMG. That's a lot of money tied up being put to no purpose mate. Couple of ideas

1. Make Thompson Gutherson, move him to your half and play Isaako. Hold Lamb. Then trade Rein to say Brimson as both a CC an WFB/HLF DPP cover to move with Gutho. This option inflates your bank ready for a move next week.

2. Rein direct to a gun HLF. With your bank you could have anyone you like. This option saves you a trade but burns your bank (potentially).

3. Havili and Rein go this week. Same idea as above but saves you having to play Isaako if you aren't confident in him.

Out of the three, Rein is urgent, then Thompson and lastly Havili.

There are other players you can sub in for Gutherson and Brimson if they don't tickle your fancy. Plenty of interest from people round here in Watson, Olive could be worth a like with Morris out for 6-8 weeks, Kotoni Staggs if you like a gamble for a cc, Mbye is still a viable option and his DPP helps you cover both Lamb and Thompson and Michael Morgan could also be very well worth a look but has a possibility of origin obvs.

Hope I could help, even if just a little bit mate.
    sajjos
    sajjos

Post by sajjos Tue May 22, 2018 9:49 pm

Big Kev wrote:If mahe starts next two games at ctr do we think they (whoever they is) give him dpp? I think probably...

Next DPP is allotted after round 12. Fonua had been named starting center twice I think so far ( including this round). I dont see him getting dpp after round 12.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Tue May 22, 2018 9:50 pm

Welshy wrote:
    Guerra will be in there somewhere

In front of Papa

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:13 pm