NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 40

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 40 - Page 16 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 40

Post by Guest Tue May 08, 2018 10:56 am

bluetige wrote:Panthers prop Moses Leota will miss at least eight weeks with a partial pectoral tear, joining fellow front-rower Trent Merrin and seven other Penrith players on the sidelines.

Sauce https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/04/24/nrl-casualty-ward-and-late-mail/

Good news for Hetherington as a cow? I'm not that close to what the Panthers are running with in the forwards...

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 40 - Page 16 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 40

Post by Guest Tue May 08, 2018 10:58 am

wolfking wrote:

He has had 2 games I believe where he left the game and didn't come back for scores of 38 and 19. The other game he left came back and finished with a score of 73. He's a hold.

So he’s left the field injured 1/3 of his games played. He’s a young man you can’t seeing the coach giving him some time to recover?
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue May 08, 2018 10:59 am

Mearcats wrote:Where's Rippin n Tearin at? Mate, if you still need someone to watch your side while your away I'm happy to do so for ya. Keep in mind I'm not travelling all that well myself though, fair warning!

Hey mate, that would be awesome. I was gonna PM you, but wasn't sure you'd have the time with all your travel!

I'll take care of this round and then PM you next week.

Mate the game is 50% luck at the least I reckon. Im not sure how I shot up the rankings - perhaps not too many have the Taupau Fifita double or something. I thought my round was shot after I put the C on Arrown. Id be stoked if you took care of my team mate, cheers,

Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Tue May 08, 2018 10:59 am

White Lightning wrote:Did anyone hear Ennis on tv last night when he said "Cartwright is taking the piss & is not up to nrl standard" I cracked up with the "taking the piss" bit.
    He basically called him a pussy & he was spot on.

Yeah he really laid into him, and rightfully so. It's really refreshing to see even ex-players call someone out like that rather than the tired old trope of protecting each other.
    Ennis was one of my most disliked players, but even during his brief stints on 360 he quickly became one of my favorites. Not such a great commentator (terrible vocabulary and often just makes up words!) but he is a great game analyst and actually very insightful about most footy-adjacent topics.

...On the other hand you have Brad Fittler who was one of my all-time idols growing up and undoubtedly has a great head for footy, but would otherwise struggle to strike two brain cells together to make a spark. He makes my brain cry and I struggle to watch him when he's on tv.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue May 08, 2018 11:01 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:If anyone wants a good show about footy with some really good breakdowns and footy chat watch 100% footy. Comes on channel 9 at 10:20pm (QLD) on Monday nights.

Reports that Cowboys officials have met with Bolton at his residence. Did you the good sort they sent ? Absolute piss take, the Mrs will be spewin.

Post by Guest Tue May 08, 2018 11:01 am

Verbal Kint wrote:

Good news for Hetherington as a cow? I'm not that close to what the Panthers are running with in the forwards...

RCG and Tamou will start. Would be good for JFH more than likely will get close to 80 with Ellis and Hetherington the bench props. Not sure if they call up a centre so CHN goes back to second row and play Kikau in prop rotation or something
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Tue May 08, 2018 11:03 am

wolfking wrote:Think I'm selling myself into Capewell.  He should get MINIMUM 3 games starting 80 min stints from this week (not including last week).  Lewis out for another 3 or so, Graham who knows and will want to get into origin.  I think they will pick him regardless if he's played a game beforehand.  Now Soro out for 4 weeks, it's obviously a stopgap option but worth the punt.  If he gets around 40 for the next 3 games, he'd make it to 500K wouldn't he?

I worry about the capslocked 'minimum' because it shows an air of confidence I just don't have. If it really was a MINIMUM of 3 weeks I would probably bring him in too.
    But both Graham and Lewis are supposed to be back round 12. I know it might not happen this way, but it's still is a big risk bringing him in in case it does.
    If he is benched for round 12 and Graham isn't chosen for Origin (which is likely given the risk he poses from recent injuries), then you might be forced to keep him and play him off the bench for two extra rounds until the bye is over. If Capewell only gets two games starting then he will probably not be worth the trade. He really does need that MINIMUM 3, but that is no no way a sure thing.

Edit: This has been pretty much all mentioned since your post. Really need to catch up on the thread first rather than reply as I read them! Laugh 3
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue May 08, 2018 11:08 am

JFH for 80 min Circle Jerk
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue May 08, 2018 11:15 am

Verbal Kint wrote:

Isn't he out for a week for a dangerous throw?

This is great for JFH.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Tue May 08, 2018 11:16 am

Verbal Kint wrote:I've flipped flopped between trading and holding Arrow. I think I'm going to trade him to Lolo.....

Also, whats the thinking on Holmes? He's a lock for origin, right? I'm a bit keen on having him as my 3rd WFB - he is cheap, would play 13 (if no origin) and Dugan is made of glass.... Dunno...

His terrible scoring puts me off
    Finger Puppet Mafia
    Finger Puppet Mafia

Post by Finger Puppet Mafia Tue May 08, 2018 11:16 am

I commend Ennis for calling it as it is. Cartwright has been terrible. It's refreshing to see a pundit not hold back on their views, especially a recently retired player. Many ex-players tend to hold off on their comments especially if they are of former team mates. Ennis is a great pundit. Very insightful, articulate and doesn't hold back.
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Tue May 08, 2018 11:16 am

Verbal Kint wrote:

I already thought this but Hetherington is suspended this week

There are a lot of cows available across all teams but not many round 13 friendly
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue May 08, 2018 11:18 am

Pookus McFly wrote:

I worry about the capslocked 'minimum' because it shows an air of confidence I just don't have. If it really was a MINIMUM of 3 weeks I would probably bring him in too.
    But both Graham and Lewis are supposed to be back round 12. I know it might not happen this way, but it's still is a big risk bringing him in in case it does.
    If he is benched for round 12 and Graham isn't chosen for Origin (which is likely given the risk he poses from recent injuries), then you might be forced to keep him and play him off the bench for two extra rounds until the bye is over. If Capewell only gets two games starting then he will probably not be worth the trade. He really does need that MINIMUM 3, but that is no no way a sure thing.

Edit: This has been pretty much all mentioned since your post. Really need to catch up on the thread first rather than reply as I read them! Laugh 3

Yeah thought all that after mate. Its a tough one indeed and now Im doubting it.

Post by Guest Tue May 08, 2018 11:31 am

I think Bolton more than anything right now needs some time, love and tenderness
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Tue May 08, 2018 11:42 am

wolfking wrote:

Yeah thought all that after mate. Its a tough one indeed and now Im doubting it.

It really is a fine line between being a good trade or bad- 2 weeks starting and it's not worth it, 3 weeks and it is.
    Graham listed as 2-3 weeks  Laugh 3

Will really sort out who the risk takers among us are.
    Personally I just keep doing it, reversing, doing it again etc. Rolling Laugh
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Tue May 08, 2018 11:53 am

Mbye chat anyone?
    I think its time for some Mbye chat.

What are Mbye owners doing with him?
    I am pretty resolute that he needs to go if Frawley is eating his kick metres- he just isn't producing keeper scores having only broken 45+ once this season, albeit in style with his 101 with two tries. Looking increasingly uninvolved since that headknock.

My plans for a replacement are primarily a straight trade to RTS, otherwise waiting one more week to see if JMK improves at dummy half or gets the 80 mins, and also seeing if Coote maintains his huge kick metres from last week.

With a high BE for Mbye should I just be doing the RTS trade before it costs me 50k+ next week and go for the gun in the hand rather than banking on the emergence of cut-price option? RTS has found some form but his round 4-7 scare me, and I could possibly just be trading to another non-keeper. Anybody want to talk his prospects up and reassure me?
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Tue May 08, 2018 11:57 am

And whilst I am clogging up this thread, can anybody with Fantasy Coach tell me Surgess' breakeven? I was sure it was 40 and now the stats page has it at 49. I thought they couldn't change while players weren't playing o_0
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue May 08, 2018 12:03 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:And whilst I am clogging up this thread, can anybody with Fantasy Coach tell me Surgess' breakeven? I was sure it was 40 and now the stats page has it at 49. I thought they couldn't change while players weren't playing o_0

Im not sure if I've interpretted your question correctly. But in NRLF BEs can change (and generally will) when a player is out for a week. It's because the magic number (that determines BEs) can change. And it has been quite significantly over the last 2 weeks. So it doesn't surprise me that Surgess BE has increased.

I';d double check with Milch or someone else that knows this stuff well though but thats my interpretation.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue May 08, 2018 12:03 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:And whilst I am clogging up this thread, can anybody with Fantasy Coach tell me Surgess' breakeven? I was sure it was 40 and now the stats page has it at 49. I thought they couldn't change while players weren't playing o_0
    41 according to fantasy coach. I'd guess the magic number has changed which would affect his BE.
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Tue May 08, 2018 12:05 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:Mbye chat anyone?
    I think its time for some Mbye chat.

What are Mbye owners doing with him?
    I am pretty resolute that he needs to go if Frawley is eating his kick metres- he just isn't producing keeper scores having only broken 45+ once this season, albeit in style with his 101 with two tries. Looking increasingly uninvolved since that headknock.

My plans for a replacement are primarily a straight trade to RTS, otherwise waiting one more week to see if JMK improves at dummy half or gets the 80 mins, and also seeing if Coote maintains his huge kick metres from last week.

With a high BE for Mbye should I just be doing the RTS trade before it costs me 50k+ next week and go for the gun in the hand rather than banking on the emergence of cut-price option? RTS has found some form but his round 4-7 scare me, and I could possibly just be trading to another non-keeper. Anybody want to talk his prospects up and reassure me?

Im holding and hoping he rewards me with a big game.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:20 pm