NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 40

Blain
    Blain

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 40 - Page 34 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 40

Post by Blain Wed May 09, 2018 2:35 am

Pookus McFly wrote:

Cogger to Martin definitely.
    Arrow to Tolo good if you arn't sold on holding him. Personally I will, because I don't see any FRF combo coming close to Fifita + Arrow (if fit)

Yeah possibly. If Arrow is out for 2 weeks, he'll play 1 week then won't be playing round13. Add to the fact he potentially will be Origin bound, he could be interrupted for months. Not saying he will drop value, but I personally think you will grab more points overall by getting a Fifita, Surgess or Lolo in over that period. He has a high BE too, and might even be eased in with smaller minutes. Rib injuries don't go away over night.

My plan is to jump on Fifita (already have Surgess), and possibly grab Arrow back in a couple months.

And for me personally I'm already holding SJ, which is enough cash to have sitting on the bench most of the time Evil or Very Mad
    Krump
    Krump

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 40 - Page 34 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 40

Post by Krump Wed May 09, 2018 2:35 am

wolfking wrote:Im thinking I might just hold Thompson. Dont know why but maybe im clutching at a big round 13. Might stick with a Soro downgrade, unless I decide on Capewell or Fonua for Thompson, might just hold.
    Thompson for a double this week as part of a Tigers bounce back.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed May 09, 2018 2:37 am

Pookus McFly wrote:

Two others who are probably less relevant that I am watching closely this week anyway:

JMK- plenty of owners disappointed with his 29 last week, but he played 65 mins, had -6 in negatives and 0 attacking stats. I still think he has the potential to kick on from here. More time and more confidence in the role could see him become a 45+ player. Cannot beat bankable tackles in the WFB position. Definitely a wait and see though (or a hold if you already own him), maybe even for a week or two. Could be a good round 14 pickup if he works out.

Coote- Averaging 30 before his round 9 game, but suddenly found 350 kick metres to make 49 fantasy points. It was pretty obvious that he was doing all the long kicking in play over JT/Morgan as part of the gameplan, and if this continues he will be a cut-price keeper. Downside is that these kick metres could revert to JT at any point in the future and he would suddenly become a sell, so a risky option.

I don't see either of those as keepers to be honest.

I do see value in holding JMK if you already have him, and I certainly think Coote offers value as a guy to leap frog from to get to a keeper post round 13. He is very likely undervalued now, plays 13, so you get another number for that round, should make some cash, and then an easy transition to a keeper post round 13. I just don't think he'll put up keeper numbers overall.

Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Wed May 09, 2018 2:39 am

SI wrote:

Would expect that to be even less in First Grade AND for the Titans.  I assume people are just grabbing him as a bottom dollar cash out with no expectation of ever playing him in their 17 bar a bye round.

This exactly (though he is in mine this week whilst I wait for a 3rd WFB to bring in next round). But he is a bottom dollar cashie when few others are around. His lower grade average has him making 250k. But it only takes a sneaky try and 50 point game in there somewhere to boost that figure much further. Looks like he loves a tacklebreak and doesn't miss too many tackles.

tickles my box ticks my boxes just fine
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed May 09, 2018 2:40 am

Pookus McFly wrote:Have Rein owners got a backup option if Peats is a surprise inclusion this week?
    I am thinking I might bench him for Havili if out, but that would mean I need to play Murray off the bench. Would really love for him to get 80 mins and squeeze one more game out so I can bench Murray instead thoug. Either way it looks like Peats will be back next week at the latest and get becomes a sell.

Good point, will consider PoolHopping but Rein good for 80 one last week hopefully Very Happy
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed May 09, 2018 2:40 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:

Not saying this will happen but I think if Peats were to come back this week I’d be off the bench and probably to lock with Wallace and James playing Big minutes up the front. I think we can squeeze one more week out of Rein

Personally don't see this happening although Brennan is a bit odd with his favourites it seems. Rein might rack up fantasy points, but he sucks. They need Peats back asap, at hooker.
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Wed May 09, 2018 2:44 am

How about
    Cogger to Martin
    JMK to Brimson

Would then have enough cash to turn Arrow(if he's still out) and JFH into Tolo/Taupau and Surgess,thoughts?
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed May 09, 2018 2:48 am

I'm pretty settled on Mbye>Martin and probably Sorensen>JAC

I'm near 500 behind 1st so JAC is a gamble. Arrow can wait a week. If he's out again next week he probably becomes Fifita
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Wed May 09, 2018 2:48 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

I don't see either of those as keepers to be honest.

I do see value in holding JMK if you already have him, and I certainly think Coote offers value as a guy to leap frog from to get to a keeper post round 13. He is very likely undervalued now, plays 13, so you get another number for that round, should make some cash, and then an easy transition to a keeper post round 13. I just don't think he'll put up keeper numbers overall.

an 80 minute JMK at hooker would be a keeper at WFB for sure
    Coote continuing to kick 350m every game still borderline, but could be.

I wouldn't argue with you until I watch both another few games. But certainly I see potential in both.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed May 09, 2018 2:53 am

Pookus McFly wrote:an 80 minute JMK at hooker would be a keeper at WFB for sure

Seems unlikely though. Why the hell Pay keeps playing Holland as a hooker for the last 15 mins of each game..

Regardless, I'm hopeful JMK has a better game fantasy wise this week. I'd be happy with anything over 35, I think its realistic chance.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed May 09, 2018 2:57 am

Pookus McFly wrote:

an 80 minute JMK at hooker would be a keeper at WFB for sure
    Coote continuing to kick 350m every game still borderline, but could be.

I wouldn't argue with you until I watch both another few games. But certainly I see potential in both.

Certainly both worth keeping an eye on, but I guess I was interpreting your initial question as current keeper options.

I'd wanna wait and see on JMK - so much uncertainty with the dogs and Pay. But last week he didn't play 80 so I'd be assuming that will be the norm unless something changes.

Coote would have to get back to 2015 levels + extra KM to be in the gun conversation I think. Just not sure he will do that. Last year he averaged 30 I think the year before ~40?.

But I agree with you that they are both worth looking at.

KiwiOilBoiler
    KiwiOilBoiler

Post by KiwiOilBoiler Wed May 09, 2018 3:05 am

Pookus McFly wrote:

Thompson > Brimson
    Maloney > Surgess
    148k ITB

Leave Havili another week, his BE is low and can easily put another 50k on this week. Maloney won't make much more cash now.
    Already mentioned I like Surgess over Lolo, but just a gut call. Not getting Taupau will really hurt if he keeps scoring like he has, but still risky if he goes back to 40s whilst priced at 55.
    Brimson over Lamb because it saves over 100k, and because of their breakevens. Lamb's price wont raise much this week: breakeven of 32 and used to average about 40 when he was a dominant half last year. Lamb has better job security, but if Brimson does well enough you could find yourself scrambling to get him in for 50k more next week anyway. He has huge wraps on him and could well stick around (his competition in Elgey and Cartwright is not stiff afterall). I rarely bring a player without taking a look first, but I did for Martin last week because of his WC performances, and I will for Brimson on reputation alone. Plus his DPP is handy as fuck.

This. Me too, and that I saw James Graham talking to him after the PNG v England game in a way that said "keep going mate, you are well good enough"
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Wed May 09, 2018 3:06 am

Playing hooker for 80 minutes is about as taxing as it gets. JMK owners will be hoping Pay is just getting his fitness up. There was word from the sheds at halftime in the last game that he might play out the 80, but obviously didn't eventuate. Surely Holland on the bench is not a long term solution? I would like to think Pay is better than that! :/
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed May 09, 2018 3:08 am

Is anyone else seeing Chris Paul today in the Nba ? Killing it

Post by Guest Wed May 09, 2018 3:16 am

Isn’t Coote on a contract year? Might be stepping up
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed May 09, 2018 3:25 am

BBowler wrote:

Balls

Big balls or hairy balls more significant here ?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 09, 2018 3:40 am

Pookus McFly wrote:

Thompson > Brimson
    Maloney > Surgess
    148k ITB

Leave Havili another week, his BE is low and can easily put another 50k on this week. Maloney won't make much more cash now.
    Already mentioned I like Surgess over Lolo, but just a gut call. Not getting Taupau will really hurt if he keeps scoring like he has, but still risky if he goes back to 40s whilst priced at 55.
    Brimson over Lamb because it saves over 100k, and because of their breakevens. Lamb's price wont raise much this week: breakeven of 32 and used to average about 40 when he was a dominant half last year. Lamb has better job security, but if Brimson does well enough you could find yourself scrambling to get him in for 50k more next week anyway. He has huge wraps on him and could well stick around (his competition in Elgey and Cartwright is not stiff afterall). I rarely bring a player without taking a look first, but I did for Martin last week because of his WC performances, and I will for Brimson on reputation alone. Plus his DPP is handy as fuck.

Cheers mate, hopefully young AJ can do well then.

Bringing those two in has left me with 162k so hopefully next week an easy downgrade is all I'll need to grab Lolo.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed May 09, 2018 3:49 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

Cheers mate, hopefully young AJ can do well then.

Bringing those two in has left me with 162k so hopefully next week an easy downgrade is all I'll need to grab Lolo.

I am not expecting Brimson to turn the Titans season around but I feel he will help Ash Taylor a lot. Ash will be able to do all the ball playing and run the show and AJ will just be there to back up James, Wallace, Proctor for offloads and really challenge the line. Maybe not this week against the Storm but you never know. I have been waiting for him to get a turn because I heard a lot about him pre season. I don't expect anything Nathan Cleary-esque but I think he will definitely have a nice price rise and more than likely keep Carty on the bench and Elgey out of the team.

Last edited by StormTrooper96 on Wed May 09, 2018 3:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Wed May 09, 2018 3:49 am

Any left field options for captain this week?

I'm 12% tempted by JFH
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed May 09, 2018 3:53 am

Verbal Kint wrote:Any left field options for captain this week?

I'm 12% tempted by JFH

If you have him - Munster. Halves have been scoring really well against the Titans. Munster is my player for the perfect 8 with SC. I have captained TOLO this week though. He will score a try and run for 180+ metres with 6 TB's.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:36 pm