NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 34

zorasdomain
    zorasdomain

NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 34 - Page 40 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 34

Post by zorasdomain Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:18 pm

I don't know who to trade in this week. I'm sitting in 4th which is making me uncomfortable and over think everything. I have no idea how to play this game when not ranked 10,000th scratch

I have Macca and Rochow to get rid of and can pretty much buy any 2 players, but no one is really standing out. I already have Fifita and Matterson who seems to be the flavours of the week.
    I was wanting SJ and Harris, but obviously can't do that this week. Other than that I was looking at Smith, Dugan and Hess, all of which will likely play Origin and I already have too many Origin players.
    I find myself not really wanting Taumalolo for some reason, and any others (Murray, Brown) I would want to watch for a week after coming back from injury.

There seems to be a real lack of decent 2rf options this year. It's making everyone's teams look so similar.
    I might just have to go with Smith this week, even though I wanted to avoid him this year, at least before Origin.
    Does anyone have any suggestions? Are there options I'm not thinking of? Preferably a round 13 player. I'm stumped.
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 34 - Page 40 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 34

Post by Honey Badger Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:22 pm

dreamers wrote:
    I imagine Knights will line up as

6 Cogger
    7 Lamb

Does Lamb become the dominant kicker or do they share the duties? (They must have played together in ISP)

I don’t really have the time to have a look before I trade one in. Needs to be this week.

Any Knights fans got any insight or predictions of who will score better. Price isn’t a factor.

Thanks

If fit Watson should come back in at 6 and Cogger will get the first shot as the dominant playmaker. Lamb could jab a bench spot like in the early rounds with Watsons ability to move into hooker
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:31 pm

zorasdomain wrote:I don't know who to trade in this week. I'm sitting in 4th which is making me uncomfortable and over think everything. I have no idea how to play this game when not ranked 10,000th scratch

I have Macca and Rochow to get rid of and can pretty much buy any 2 players, but no one is really standing out. I already have Fifita and Matterson who seems to be the flavours of the week.
    I was wanting SJ and Harris, but obviously can't do that this week. Other than that I was looking at Smith, Dugan and Hess, all of which will likely play Origin and I already have too many Origin players.
    I find myself not really wanting Taumalolo for some reason, and any others (Murray, Brown) I would want to watch for a week after coming back from injury.

There seems to be a real lack of decent 2rf options this year. It's making everyone's teams look so similar.
    I might just have to go with Smith this week, even though I wanted to avoid him this year, at least before Origin.
    Does anyone have any suggestions? Are there options I'm not thinking of? Preferably a round 13 player. I'm stumped.

Haha I'm in 46th and have absolutely no idea what to do either.
    I don't know wether to find PODs and try move up the ladder or stick for now and hope I stay aroun where I am. Also I have no cash for blockbuster moves and the cows are too expensive for me.

Atm I'm thinking Dugan is a good option since he's at fullback. If we get him now it might be a good chance to make a move on the guys who are trying to decide on Isaako/Kennar/Hiku each week.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:40 pm

Cook
    Kikau, Arrow
    Murray, RFM, JFH
    Matterson, Koro
    Dugan, JCroker
    Teddy, Ponga, Thompson

Rein, Griffin, JMK, GI
    Gosie, Isaako, Harris, Doueihi

Getting close to a solid 17, should be able to hold off on trades for the next little while, especially when Tohu is back
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:46 pm

Has there been any update on Tohu?
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:47 pm

zorasdomain wrote:I don't know who to trade in this week. I'm sitting in 4th which is making me uncomfortable and over think everything. I have no idea how to play this game when not ranked 10,000th scratch

Well done Zora. Smith looks like the trade to make for you. Last week I did an exercise looking at Surgess averaging 55 and Smith averaging 60. Despite Smith playing origin, and even if he got rested for a game (in which case you might have a 30 point emergency player you could play for one week instead), overall scores at the end were exactly the same. I assume it would work out much the same this week as well. And we all know Smith can average even higher than 60.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:47 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

I don't know wether to find PODs and try move up the ladder or stick for now and hope I stay aroun where I am. Also I have no cash for blockbuster moves and the cows are too expensive for me.

Atm I'm thinking Dugan is a good option since he's at fullback. If we get him now it might be a good chance to make a move on the guys who are trying to decide on Isaako/Kennar/Hiku each week.
    Yeah Duges scoring 50 in the CTR position is an extra 15-20 points a week extra compared to most other Ctr options...he might miss the bye rounds due to origin, but he makes up for it. (The only downside is the injury risk)
    zorasdomain
    zorasdomain

Post by zorasdomain Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:48 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

Well done on your rank! I really don't understand how I'm doing so well when my team looks the same as everyone else's. It's strange.
    I can't believe I'm considering Dugan but he's been scoring well. I'm playing Mitchell and Hiku at then moment so he'd be an improvement, but I did tell myself my centres would be my last position to fix. I really need a half first but never wanted DCE but everyone else is crap.
    I only have 10 round 13 players and 5 of them will either play Origin or are being spoken about, so I really should avoid getting more. The bye rounds are going to be what kills me.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:51 pm

Its so early in the season. My advice would be to take no notice of your position. You are in a great spot, but so many players and so much time to go that if your decisions get influenced somehow by where you are in the rankings I think it will increase the chances of making bad ones. Play the game like you have been all season, perhaps play it like you are in 10,000th Smile

FWIW I would be getting Taumalolo in this week!
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:52 pm

I don't think I have the funds to get Matterson yet but for over 200k cheaper Dugan is looking like he could achieve almost the same output if he stays on the field. What do people see him averaging? And what's the go with round 6 he was named in the centres, did the Sharks have injured outside backs that week? He'll stay at FB right?
    zorasdomain
    zorasdomain

Post by zorasdomain Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:53 pm

mulvy wrote:

Well done Zora. Smith looks like the trade to make for you. Last week I did an exercise looking at Surgess averaging 55 and Smith averaging 60. Despite Smith playing origin, and even if he got rested for a game (in which case you might have a 30 point emergency player you could play for one week instead), overall scores at the end were exactly the same. I assume it would work out much the same this week as well. And we all know Smith can average even higher than 60.

Thanks! Yeah, you're probably right. He might still end up scoring more than anyone else I could bring in even missing a game or 2. I really don't know how much focus to put on the bye round this year. I was thinking a few weeks ago round 13 would be easier to have a decent amount of players for than 17, but now I don't really like any round 13 players. I think I just don't really like many players this year in general.
    Are there fewer high scoring players this year or an I being overly picky?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:54 pm

Yeah the fact he plays origin is souring things. Dugan hasn't scored a try yet at FB from what I can see. If he does his score will be big. I currently have Aitken and Hiku in CTR.

I look like I will have 8 guys for Rd13 which isn't flash at all

zorasdomain
    zorasdomain

Post by zorasdomain Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:59 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:
    Its so early in the season. My advice would be to take no notice of your position. You are in a great spot, but so many players and so much time to go that if your decisions get influenced somehow by where you are in the rankings I think it will increase the chances of making bad ones. Play the game like you have been all season, perhaps play it like you are in 10,000th Smile

FWIW I would be getting Taumalolo in this week!

Great advice! Thank you. I need to chill out and remember that in reality I'm rubbish at this so it doesn't matter anyway Very Happy
    Taumalolo is the obvious choice. Plays round 13, no Origin. Why am I just not into it? I guess I could always bring him in now and if my gut proves right I could switch him out after round 13. Hmmm. scratch
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:01 pm

Shumway wrote:@mearcats I'd be interested in any suggestions.

I have McCullough and Lodge who appear urgent trade-outs this week. Not entirely sure which way to go.

Current Team:
    Cook
    Arrow Fifita
    RFM Crichton JFH
    DCE JMK
    Hiku Isaako
    Ponga Thompson Teddy

McCullough Rein Kikau Havili
    Rochow Kennar Gosiewski Croker

$310k in the bank.

I find myself thinking about Origin and Bye schedules for the first time this week. That's the only thing giving me pause on going Macca to Smith. Was thinking maybe Murray coming in for Rochow.

Centres still a mess. But just progressively filling my final best 17.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

@Shumway, sorry for the belated response mate, my friend alcohol snuck up on me... Anyways, here now!

I like the Murray trade. You have to get out of Rochow sooner or later and you would think that after a bit out that hamstring of Murrays should be good to go now. Team lists this arv will confirm though. Macca also is a trade our priority with his injury although you COULD hold him to save that trade if you see him as a keeper. What is the length of his injury?

Your priority should just be to get a cracking 17 on the park for this week. Rochow out for Murray allows you to move Macca to your EMG if you do decide to hold him. Then I'd be looking at moving on Isaako. You can get away with playing JMK this week (and he is a definite hold for now obviously) but Isaako and a few other mid rangers like Kennar and Havilii are hurting you a bit for points.

Outside of that, I think you look pretty solid mate.
    zorasdomain
    zorasdomain

Post by zorasdomain Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:03 pm

mulvy wrote:I don't think I have the funds to get Matterson yet but for over 200k cheaper Dugan is looking like he could achieve almost the same output if he stays on the field. What do people see him averaging? And what's the go with round 6 he was named in the centres, did the Sharks have injured outside backs that week? He'll stay at FB right?

He was named at centre in round 6 to ease him back after his injury as he wasn't quite 100% apparently, according to coach. Should be fullback every week from now if what Flanno says is to be believed.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:08 pm

Knights halves cogger and watson according to Toohey. May help coggers base stats primarily kick metres.

Watson kicked a total of 8metres in 2 and a bit games so far this season
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:12 pm

zorasdomain wrote:

Great advice! Thank you. I need to chill out and remember that in reality I'm rubbish at this so it doesn't matter anyway Very Happy
    Taumalolo is the obvious choice. Plays round 13, no Origin. Why am I just not into it? I guess I could always bring him in now and if my gut proves right I could switch him out after round 13. Hmmm. scratch

Mate you are doing great - obviously know what you are doing, but of course there is a luck element as well.

There are certainly reasons to not have confidence in Taumalolo, but there are positives too...

Your gut has served you well so far, so do what you think is best.

I do think you need to stay being aggressive though. If not Taumalolo then someone else for sure. IMO these early weeks are all about continuing to build your combined 17 man scores as well as building the salary cap.

Rochow and Macca are obvious trade outs for you I think, just a matter of who to bring in!!

Good luck!

Last edited by Rippin and Tearin on Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:13 pm

After missing 3 weeks of back to back 70s, I will bring Matterson in for his first sub-30 score. He looks like a good bench keeper or half keeper and ownership is still under 10%

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/04/23/stat-attack-ryan-matterson-is-the-roosters-new-tackling-machine/?utm_source=NRLFBContent&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=NetworkContent
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:14 pm

Taumalolo and Fifita would be sick.

Im hoping to fit them in a some point.
    I would just love to run a gun backline and see what happens haha
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:15 pm

Welshy wrote:Can anyone lend a hand here, can get Aitken in for Isaako but not sure if I need some moneymakers on the bench

Smith
    Fifita, Arrow
    Kikau, Murray, Taumalolo
    Mbye, ARey
    Isaako, Inglis
    Tedesco, Ponga, JMK

Cook
    JFH
    RFM
    Havili

Rochow
    Gos
    Croker
    Kennar

Initial trades are 
    Rochow - Uate
    Isaako/Kennar - Aitken/Dugan

Any other directions? Potential I think to drop JMK into cash cow bench earner, move Mbye into WFB and bring in gun half

@Welshy Is Uate the only solution/way you can make that happen lad? To me bringing him in feels like you are basically killing off a spot... I know he has the chance to crack out 25ish but I don't see him doing anything when you really need him to. Yeah, he plays 13 but there's every chance he scores you another two when he does so. Asides from him, the trade is a good idea, getting a set and forget centre in makes things easy and allows you to build from there. You may need to do it that way to generate the funds to do so I guess.

I Like the idea of moving JMK to the bench and Mbye back but maybe with the Pearce news you will be better off waiting a week and having a look at what they do with their halves there. I will be keeping a very close eye on Lamb in the next week or two or potentially even Cogger. Someone has to take all those kick meters and it sure as hell ain't gonna be Watson when he returns.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:48 pm