NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 34

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 34 - Page 10 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 34

Post by wolfking Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:39 pm

BBowler wrote:Hey guys thanks for pointing out Dufty plays 13 (a little embarrassing lol)...

Given that is the case...is the right move to go to CWalker or should i wait for Teddy or Turbo?

If so is this the week to do it?

What's the thought process behind this trade, seems pretty sideways.

NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 34 - Page 10 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 34

Post by Guest Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:44 pm

TLM tomorrow! Very Happy
    BBowler
    BBowler

Post by BBowler Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:48 pm

wolfking wrote:

What's the thought process behind this trade, seems pretty sideways.

Cover round 13
    DPP
    More consistant scoring

Is CWalker not the one for this in your eyes?
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:51 pm

wolfking wrote:

Watsons scores were shit in the first few rounds, but maybe with Pearce gone he might do something.

Yep, all it took for me was that one trial against the Eels where Pearce and Ponga had their hands all over the ball and Watson barely touched it for me to ditch Watson before round one, but no one knows for sure he will go now because whatever combo comes up hasn't been tried yet. He's not much of a kicker though and Knights will struggle without Pearce. He's not high on my list but he's on it.....

Last edited by mulvy on Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:52 pm

Watson has a BE of 38 too so can give it a week to see how he goes

Post by Guest Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:56 pm

Yea, can wait a week for Watson with BE of 38
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:59 pm

BBowler wrote:

Cover round 13
    DPP
    More consistant scoring

Is CWalker not the one for this in your eyes?

Okay, but Waker is kind of like Dufty whereas they both need tries to get their points. On the weekend Cody was on 40 after like half an hour or something and then just went quiet the rest of the game. He is a slight upgrade from Dufty but not sure it's worth the trade, unless you see Walker as a keeper and Dufty not. In saying that, I wish I started with Walker and I'd rate him higher than Dufty on players you want in your final 17. Not sure what the price difference is either.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:00 am

Let's say for a minute that I get rid of JT. About ten days ago on the forum everyone would have said SJ, DCE and Cleary (when fit) would have the been the for shizzle. Now? Matterson seems solid. Is Moses finally an option? Koro, Mbye? Or play JMK and get a decent WFB?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:03 am

mulvy wrote:Let's say for a minute that I get rid of JT. About ten days ago on the forum everyone would have said SJ, DCE and Cleary (when fit) would have the been the for shizzle. Now? Matterson seems solid. Is Moses finally an option? Koro, Mbye? Or play JMK and get a decent WFB?

There's no rush now in the halves IMO. I mean, Maloney delivering the goods so I'm happy to run him and MBye for the time being.

I do think Moses can be somewhat effective now if their form continues same with Norman. Remember Norman was the in form half in the comp in the first few rounds of last year. He got a bit of an injury but then when Moses came he shit himself. If he can work with Moses and not let Moses be a little ball hogging bitch and let Norman do his thing, Norman is a gun, no doubt.
    BBowler
    BBowler

Post by BBowler Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:04 am

mulvy wrote:Let's say for a minute that I get rid of JT. About ten days ago on the forum everyone would have said SJ, DCE and Cleary (when fit) would have the been the for shizzle. Now? Matterson seems solid. Is Moses finally an option? Koro, Mbye? Or play JMK and get a decent WFB?

At this stage i would look at the fullback upgrade & wait till Cleary is back.

In saying that I have Matterson but git him when he was cheap. Definitely very consistant though.
    Onthebeatpete
    Onthebeatpete

Post by Onthebeatpete Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:08 am

Should I be getting rid of Bird after I just bought him in? I seem to have a great looking team but just keep missing out on that really big score.
    Am I just really unlucky or am I missing something???? My Bench does seem weak..
    Was thinking of bringing in Aitken and Sorensen/Rein

Cook
    Vaughan, Fifita
    Fisher-Harris, Arrow, Trbojevic
    Cherry-Evans, Mbye
    Aitken, Dugan
    Dufty, Ponga, Tedesco

Kikau, Thompson, Gosiewski, Sorensen
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:10 am

wolfking wrote:

There's no rush now in the halves IMO.  I mean, Maloney delivering the goods so I'm happy to run him and MBye for the time being.  

I do think Moses can be somewhat effective now if their form continues same with Norman.  Remember Norman was the in form half in the comp in the first few rounds of last year.  He got a bit of an injury but then when Moses came he shit himself.  If he can work with Moses and not let Moses be a little ball hogging bitch and let Norman do his thing, Norman is a gun, no doubt.

You don't have to tell me about Norman! I was pleased that I was awesome and made such a brilliant pick last year and was talking him up massive, only for him to get injured and then have another half kill his scores. IIRC the injury was right around that annoying origin period also. Anyhoo.

Wait, what do you mean no rush because of Maloney! Are you assuming we all have that trendsetter!!??
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:11 am

Onthebeatpete wrote:Should I be getting rid of Bird after I just bought him in? I seem to have a great looking team but just keep missing out on that really big score.
    Am I just really unlucky or am I missing something???? My Bench does seem weak..

Cook
    Vaughan, Fifita
    Cherry-Evans, Mbye
    Aitken, Dugan
    Dufty, Ponga, Tedesco

No mate, I think you have to give Bird another shot. You've missed Rein too, don't bring him in now. Aitken is the goods though.
    BBowler
    BBowler

Post by BBowler Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:11 am

wolfking wrote:

Okay, but Waker is kind of like Dufty whereas they both need tries to get their points.  On the weekend Cody was on 40 after like half an hour or something and then just went quiet the rest of the game.  He is a slight upgrade from Dufty but not sure it's worth the trade, unless you see Walker as a keeper and Dufty not.  In saying that, I wish I started with Walker and I'd rate him higher than Dufty on players you want in your final 17.  Not sure what the price difference is either.

Thanks Wolf, i might try resist the itchy trigger finger and bank the trade.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:12 am

mulvy wrote:

You don't have to tell me about Norman! I was pleased that I was awesome and made such a brilliant pick last year and was talking him up massive, only for him to get injured and then have another half kill his scores. IIRC the injury was right around that annoying origin period also. Anyhoo.

Wait, what do you mean no rush because of Maloney! Are you assuming we all have that trendsetter!!??

I started with Norman last year too. Two round in and I thought I'd picked the winner then the rest of the year happened.

haha, yeah was just speaking on my behalf. The halves are looking scary though, I guess Matterson is the current form 'half' at the moment then.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:13 am

Onthebeatpete wrote:Should I be getting rid of Bird after I just bought him in? I seem to have a great looking team but just keep missing out on that really big score.

Cook
    Vaughan, Fifita
    Cherry-Evans, Mbye
    Aitken, Dugan
    Dufty, Ponga, Tedesco

Your team has real problems. For starters it has 17 instead of 21 players.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:14 am

BBowler wrote:

Thanks Wolf, i might try resist the itchy trigger finger and bank the trade.

Walker has been really consistent though, I think bar one game so I guess it is probably somewhat of an upgrade, you just have to decide if it's enough of an upgrade to burn a trade on. If your gut is telling you to do it then mate, then lock it in. I probably would have traded Dufty by now if I had him. Teams have worked him out and he's a bit of a one trick pony IMO.
    Onthebeatpete
    Onthebeatpete

Post by Onthebeatpete Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:16 am

wolfking wrote:

No mate, I think you have to give Bird another shot.  You've missed Rein too, don't bring him in now.  Aitken is the goods though.

Ok cool, does my team look ok other than that tho? Should I be making changes elsewhere?
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:22 am

Just a few points worth noting.

Anyone contemplating bringing in any Manly players. Until they sort out whatever is going on, forget it.

Anyone contemplating Norman or Moses after today's game. They won't be playing Manly again. A good side would've beaten Manly by 50-60.

When SJ was ruled out, I went for Korisau. ????

I have 27 trades left and will be using both this week.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:23 am

Onthebeatpete wrote:

Ok cool, does my team look ok other than that tho? Should I be making changes elsewhere?

Mate I didn't want my last post to come across narky, was just joking but put the full team up and I'll give you an opinion.

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 5:51 pm