NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 24

Fortitude
    Fortitude

NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 24 - Page 44 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 24

Post by Fortitude Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:09 pm

Rapture_NRL wrote:@Fortitude Yeah, I'm just bothered with how Ricky is playing his team. Chopping and changing isn't helping, but Havili has some cash left, plus K Nik will be up and down

Question: NAS to Friend/DCE? Or should I bank the trade? Friend will likely drop a bit of cash so not really a rush

If I had the option to go NAS to Friend or DCE id be doing it, trades in the bank don't earn you points. Using your trades smart, banks you points. Looks a smart trade to me.

I cant help but think trading Smith is a smart trade.

There are two outcomes.

1. He goes back to scoring 60s. Sweet, he still loses money for a week or two. If he turns it around quickly and looks GOD like again, bring him back.

or

2. He busts out a 30s or 40. Drops 65k this week, then again next week. All of a sudden youre looking at replacements like Licha when you could of had Friend macca or Koro.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 24 - Page 44 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 24

Post by StuDogg101 Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:10 pm

Verbal Kint wrote:Captains options this week.. hmmmm

Smith, Arrow, Jurbo, Murray, DCE, SJ, Isaako, Teddy, Ponga or Cook

Leaning towards DCE but really fancy going for Arrow or Murray

I'm going Murray. Although JTurbo and DCE are good options
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:10 pm

SI wrote:

I missed the starting at Lock memo.  Thankyou Chewie, you are the most helpful Wookie I have never met Very Happy
    You are welcome Standard!

Post by Guest Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:15 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:

I'm going Murray. Although JTurbo and DCE are good options

Murray is very tempting. He'll get through so much work
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:22 pm

Have some sort of response from Fanhub regarding the order that players are placed in to cover those that didnt play. They start at the top of the interchange, then emergencies to determine the order they are resolved in, not related to the order of games played at all. Have gone back to them trying to get clarification of what happens when they are dual and both slots are available for them to fill.

"Hi Matt,

Following on from your request, the open bench system ensures all players cover DNP players who match their positions.

With regards to your situation, regardless who does not play first, the bench system will replace players who did not play based on their order on the bench (once the final game of the round has started).

In summary, if 2 players on your field do not play in the same game, they would be covered by interchange and or bench players based on the number allocation. So interchange 1 would replace a DNP player first assuming they match positions, followed by interchange 2,3,4 so on.

If you have any further questions here, or requirer further clarification please just let me know and we are always happy to help!

Hope this has cleared any confusions.

Cheers,
    FanHub Support. "

Post by Guest Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:28 pm

What was up with Peni Terepo's minutes/score of 45
    Looking at the minutes of Scott/Mannah they look a little down but thats a decent score for someone priced at 338k. He is a bit like the Liu/SST that pop up and put in a good score

Don't know what to make of it
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:30 pm

@Fortitude Cheers for the input. I think I'll get DCE now and Friend in a week or two.

I have the same line of thinking with Smith. It'll take him a while to turn around his cash losses plus he isn't kicking yet
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:31 pm

Mannah usually plays <40 minutes, so no surprises there. Evans may take his spot again though
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:36 pm

Cam someone please donate @mattnz an avatar?
    Big Kev
    Big Kev

Post by Big Kev Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:41 pm

Boozecluez wrote:What was up with Peni Terepo's minutes/score of 45
    Looking at the minutes of Scott/Mannah they look a little down but thats a decent score for someone priced at 338k. He is a bit like the Liu/SST that pop up and put in a good score

Kaysa getting ktfo & brown playing final qtr at hooker
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:48 pm

Koro POD captain this week baby. But I’ll probably backflip and go with Murray lol

Post by Guest Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:50 pm

Elijah Taylor will be back for the manly game in R6. Josh Reynolds to return R6-R7.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:56 pm

Pain wrote:Cam someone please donate @mattnz an avatar?

NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 24 - Page 44 Door_m10
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:58 pm

Fortitude wrote:

If I had the option to go NAS to Friend or DCE id be doing it, trades in the bank don't earn you points. Using your trades smart, banks you points. Looks a smart trade to me.

I cant help but think trading Smith is a smart trade.

There are two outcomes.

1. He goes back to scoring 60s. Sweet, he still loses money for a week or two. If he turns it around quickly and looks GOD like again, bring him back.

or

2. He busts out a 30s or 40. Drops 65k this week, then again next week. All of a sudden youre looking at replacements like Licha when you could of had Friend macca or Koro.

Wisdom from Canberra. Cmon in Macca!

But I'm still taking Maloney - APS-approved attitudes to risk notwithstanding. But then I'm an economist, and no-one really expects us to be that sensible.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:58 pm

Big Kev wrote:

Kaysa getting ktfo & brown playing final qtr at hooker

Haha that's right, Forgot Pritchard getting wrecked
    Still probably stole a few minutes off players due to the way the Eels were going and Terepo being an impact player, just noticed the anomaly so was thinking out loud
    He did carry it back hard and the eels were better for it
    Cheers Kev

Last edited by Boozecluez on Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

Post by Bullbender Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:00 pm

Boozecluez wrote:What was up with Peni Terepo's minutes/score of 45

Amongst other things already mentioned i think it was Terepo that had a great score for price first game last year and raised a bit of interest only to dissapoint.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:01 pm

Bullbender wrote:
    Amongst other things already mentioned i think it was Terepo that had a great score for price first game last year and raised a bit of interest only to dissapoint.

Yeah thats true, as well amongst many others who are in those forward packs where coaches love a shuffle
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:02 pm

Pain wrote:Cam someone please donate @mattnz an avatar?

NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 24 - Page 44 BeachedAz2
    Shumway
    Shumway

Post by Shumway Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:02 pm

Gentlemen (and Ladies), brilliant discussion on this website. I'm a casual Rugby League fan, but a pretty keen NRL fantasy player mostly for the bragging rights over a mate of mine in the office. I appreciate all of the wisdom you guys have provided in supporting my rise to the top of my league ladder.

Managed to dodge most of the carnage last week to post a score just over 800.

This week, considering trading De Belin down to JFH to allow me to trade Leilua up to SJ (Hiku into CTR off the bench). I realise that trading out an intended gun (JDB) is typically a poor decision, but I think I upgrade my points and cash with the trades. The way I see it:

DeBelin to JFH costs me approx. 10 points per week, but likely gains $150k+ ($100k plus from JFH and avoid losing another $30-$50k on JDB).

Leilua to SJ keeps my CTRs looking poor, but doesn't really cost me much in points with Hiku coming off the bench. It gains probably 30 points per week as I avoid needing to play Croker in the Halves with Douehi to the bench (assuming 55 for SJ and 25 for Croker). It doesn't really do much for cash potential as SJ may lose cash this week, but it avoids further losses from Leilua and given SJ is a keeper, week to week variations in his value don't really matter.

So overall 2 trades are expected to gain about $150k cash and about 20 points per week. Thoughts? Or is it too sideways to give up on JDB at this stage.

After the trades, my team will be:
    Cook
    Arrow Fifita
    Murray Crichton JFH
    SJ JMK
    Hiku Isaako
    Ponga Thompson Teddy

Lodge RFM Rochow Kikau

Kennar Havali Croker Douehi

$193k ITB.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:10 pm

Shumway wrote:Gentlemen (and Ladies), brilliant discussion on this website. I'm a casual Rugby League fan, but a pretty keen NRL fantasy player mostly for the bragging rights over a mate of mine in the office. I appreciate all of the wisdom you guys have provided in supporting my rise to the top of my league ladder.

Managed to dodge most of the carnage last week to post a score just over 800.

This week, considering trading De Belin down to JFH to allow me to trade Leilua up to SJ (Hiku into CTR off the bench). I realise that trading out an intended gun (JDB) is typically a poor decision, but I think I upgrade my points and cash with the trades. The way I see it:

DeBelin to JFH costs me approx. 10 points per week, but likely gains $150k+ ($100k plus from JFH and avoid losing another $30-$50k on JDB).

Leilua to SJ keeps my CTRs looking poor, but doesn't really cost me much in points with Hiku coming off the bench. It gains probably 30 points per week as I avoid needing to play Croker in the Halves with Douehi to the bench (assuming 55 for SJ and 25 for Croker). It doesn't really do much for cash potential as SJ may lose cash this week, but it avoids further losses from Leilua and given SJ is a keeper, week to week variations in his value don't really matter.

So overall 2 trades are expected to gain about $150k cash and about 20 points per week. Thoughts? Or is it too sideways to give up on JDB at this stage.

After the trades, my team will be:
    Cook
    Arrow Fifita
    Murray Crichton JFH
    SJ JMK
    Hiku Isaako
    Ponga Thompson Teddy

Lodge RFM Rochow Kikau

Kennar Havali Croker Douehi

$193k ITB.

Just be careful that SJ will actually play this week, would be a shame to trade him in then gets scratched at the last minute. Last week I held off on my trades until the latest I could make them just in case something changed.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:31 pm