NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 23

standard-issue
    standard-issue

NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 23 - Page 40 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 23

Post by standard-issue Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:59 pm

SI wrote:
    B/L wrote:743 with Rochow & Thompson left.
    Missed the carnage but played Manu & JMK as my own error.

up to 168th overall starting to regret not joining the cash league.

I didnt join because I didnt think I was good enough to win and being a gambler i always play the odds lol.

You saved your coin as 168th at this stage is with the also rans.

I just ran the numbers on this and you would have been 5th at this stage; potentially 4th by the end of the round with 2 players still to come.

NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 23 - Page 40 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 23

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:01 am

Haha I love this forum sometimes, especially this time of night

If you scored great for the week or ranked high then you post your score
    If you haven't had a good one then you don't post, waiting until the week you do
    Then you can join the above people
    So the answer is we only really see people posting good scores. Just a Sunday night observation Wink

Kind of like fitness or food blogs, you don't see the fat people or shit cooks photos haha

Here is the thing, will the same people still post their score if they do have a bad week or slip down the rankings in say 15 weeks? I mean if you like posting your updated score regardless then I can't blame you for sharing as it's a nice way to sign off or see how you are tracking.

Is there advice you can give to the rest of us which helped you get into this position, or perhaps any players we may have overlooked you own or who to look out for?
    Plans you may be doing or strategies regarding your team we might find helpful?

To these people I don't mean to take anything away from you, good job on your great start.
    As a forum it would be great for you to share more of your thoughts rather than just see your scores all the time.
    Anything that leads to more discussion on here is always good, assuming it's no fluke then I want to tap into your thoughts and ideas haha Smile

For me, 683 with Rochow and Thompson to come = about average I reckon haha
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:07 am

I always post no matter what the score, had a horror week and still somehow climbed a few rankings doesn’t say much being ranked 3000 odd last round mind! Only Rochow to come so will accept a slip but after a 15, 8, 17 and captain score of 42 I’m happy I haven’t tumbled much further back! My bank is a saving grace at $400,000 plus but I need to use it to turn someone into someone consistent and substantial.

644 with Rochow to go.

rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:11 am

Boozecluez wrote:Haha I love this forum sometimes, especially this time of night

If you haven't had a good one then you don't post, waiting until the week you do
    So the answer is we only really see people posting good scores. Just a Sunday night observation Wink

Kind of like fitness or food blogs, you don't see the fat people or shit cooks photos haha

Here is the thing, will the same people still post their score if they do have a bad week or slip down the rankings in say 15 weeks? I mean if you like posting your updated score regardless then I can't blame you for sharing as it's a nice way to sign off or see how you are tracking.

Is there advice you can give to the rest of us which helped you get into this position, or perhaps any players we may have overlooked you own or who to look out for?

To these people I don't mean to take anything away from you, good job on your great start.
    As a forum it would be great for you to share more of your thoughts rather than just see your scores all the time.
    Anything that leads to more discussion on here is always good, assuming it's no fluke then I want to tap into your thoughts and ideas haha Smile

See what you mean, but I personally tend to post my scores good or bad because looking at others scores tends to help me know how I'm running and this is an extra contribution to that data set.

Players to look out for? I think Edwards is the main one - most support runs of anyone in the comp in the extended stats the NRL do. Will have a choice of bringing in him or RTS and it's quite a tough one. I think RTS will score better over season, but that's a gut call and Edwards still attractive.

I'm also interested in the value of Matt Prior. Probably won't buy because all my forwards are performing, but with less than 1% ownership is worth looking at his stats if you want a POD.

Last edited by rhinoceroo on Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
    DaGold

Post by DaGold Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:11 am

NAS 9 , JMK 8, RTS 14, Isaako 17, Smith 21, Croker 15 and so on. 627 with a rank of 8931 With Thompson to play. My advice is to avoid this position by drinking for the next 4 or so days so next round hurries up and washes this one away. Also by trading out Merrin for a decent half.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:12 am

Boozecluez wrote:Haha I love this forum sometimes, especially this time of night

Different strokes mate. The last page is testament to that.

Zora for example is one of the most likeable and modest posters on here and has posted a score tonight in what is still a modest fashion-by saying its madness.

Personally I very rarely post my score, whether good or bad.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:13 am

Haha you always do Welshy ike a lot of people here do, just would like some of these guns to help us out while we are still down in the 0000's.
    A forum of collective thoughts

Have climbed like 4000 places myself but who knows how the week ends

400k will help, I am on the 'tock' week myself having downgraded to free up some funds and always the necessary evil to give me options the following week.
    Will make hopefully a couple upgrades next week
    Onthebeatpete
    Onthebeatpete

Post by Onthebeatpete Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:14 am

I like how some people complain about how crap they are going for the round and you think you’re doing great, then they post their score and it’s better than yours and you’re like, ok then... hahahaha

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:14 am

SI wrote:

Different strokes mate.  The last page is testament to that.

Zora for example is one of the most likeable and modest posters on here and has posted a score tonight in what is still a modest fashion-by saying its madness.  

I like Zora too, was hoping he/she would share more that's all, it's really just a compliment
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:14 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

See what you mean, but I personally tend to post my scores good or bad because looking at others scores tends to help me know how I'm running and this is an extra contribution to that data set.

Players to look out for? I think Edwards is the main one - most support runs of anyone in the comp in the extended stats the NRL do. Will have a choice of bringing in him or RTS and it's quite a tough one. I think RTS will score better over season, but that's a gut call and Edwards still attractive.

I'm also interested in the value of Matt Prior. Probably won't buy because all my forwards are performing, but with less than 1% ownership is worth looking at his stats if you want a POD.

Agreed on Edwards, certainly continuing good form both on the field and with FanHub. I started with Ponga/Turbo/Dufty, otherwise I would have bought him in.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:17 am

Boozecluez wrote:
    SI wrote:

Different strokes mate.  The last page is testament to that.

I like Zora too, was hoping he/she would share more that's all, it's really just a compliment

Also Zora has the best avatar ever!

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:19 am

Onthebeatpete wrote:I like how some people complain about how crap they are going for the round and you think you’re doing great, then they post their score and it’s better than yours and you’re like, ok then... hahahaha

Hahaha or when you get to so many teams being so similar on this forum, you are like 'killing it this week' because you see yourself climbing in the ranks.
    Then you check the forum rankings and you are still in the same spot

The other one is when you see the 'I am doing crap' and on 500 to go and only have (c) McCullough/Friend/Brown/Tedesco/Ponga/Trbo
    Then you chuckle thinking how well you are doing while you do the maths..........

It's all good, having fun just winding down for the night with no work tomorrow
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:20 am

Boozecluez wrote:Haha you always do Welshy ike a lot of people here do, just would like some of these guns to help us out while we are still down in the 0000's.
    A forum of collective thoughts

Have climbed like 4000 places myself but who knows how the week ends

400k will help, I am on the 'tock' week myself having downgraded to free up some funds and always the necessary evil to give me options the following week.
    Will make hopefully a couple upgrades next week

I held both trades this week and probably for good reason as Matterson reverted back to 60 off minutes and I don’t want that from him!

funny though because only difference to side this week was playing Croker over Carty and staring at more than a 140 point deficit haha

I’m probably going to pony up for DCE this week

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:21 am

SI wrote:

Also Zora has the best avatar ever!

I am a sharks fan..... Zora your my boy blue
    Onthebeatpete
    Onthebeatpete

Post by Onthebeatpete Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:22 am

Boozecluez wrote:

Hahaha or when you get to so many teams being so similar on this forum, you are like 'killing it this week' because you see yourself climbing in the ranks.
    Then you check the forum rankings and you are still in the same spot

The other one is when you see the 'I am doing crap' and on 500 to go and only have (c) McCullough/Friend/Brown/Tedesco/Ponga/Trbo
    Then you chuckle thinking how well you are doing while you do the maths..........

It's all good, having fun just winding down for the night with no work tomorrow

Hahahaha! So true
    Have done this on many occasions lol hahahaha
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:23 am

How good is it with no work tomorrow !
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:23 am

SI wrote:

Filth and Panda are still holding out hope that they can one day join a man circle with Super Sub Kenny Sioooooooooo!
    Isaah Yeo is my new man crush (well continuing on from last year as evident in UL)
    Onthebeatpete
    Onthebeatpete

Post by Onthebeatpete Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:24 am

Revraiser wrote:How good is it with no work tomorrow  !

And the footy to watch in the afternoon too! :-)

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:25 am

Welshy wrote:

I held both trades this week and probably for good reason as Matterson reverted back to 60 off minutes and I don’t want that from him!

funny though because only difference to side this week was playing Croker over Carty and staring at more than a 140 point deficit haha

I’m probably going to pony up for DCE this week

The probably biggest common denominator is a solid captain score and a few cows/guns.
    I have a very similar side too, had to bench TPJ due to injury and ran with my 2 new trades

DCE is solid while not being amazing, I started with him but need to find him a partner this week I think so I am not playing roulette.
    TPJ back in a week or 2 should fix my other issue of having to do the same for my 17th player as well.
    But it takes time and slowly getting there haha
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:27 am

Onthebeatpete wrote:

And the footy to watch in the afternoon too! :-)

If the 1st three rounds mean anything, it has to be a Tigers win.

I just knocked the edge off a 'crunchie' easter bunny.

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 8:41 pm