NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 22 Empty Re: Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:19 pm

mattnz wrote:

Timing of C and VC doesnt really matter, only advantage of being early like first game, is you can guarantee they will be playing.

The important timing is ideally your players you want to loop in, should play as early as possible, so you get to see their scores before deciding which score to take.

Rein
    Fifita Haas
    Arrow Murray Bateman
    Morgan Carty
    Nikora vc Burns (loop)
    CNK Ponga C Hughes

Mahoney James Garner lawrie
    Tolman CHT capewell rava

Here you get to see Capewell and Tolman play, if you like either score you can take it. For Tolman's score you switch Bateman with Garner, or leave as is for Capewell's score. If they both bomb and you think Rava can score better, you can switch CHT and Rava to get his score instead.

Thanks again legend

I thought you were better off putting at least your vc in an early game in case someone is a late withdrawal in another game so you can trade them or more flexibility with organizing your team? Generally a non-issue but my dad got burnt by trading friend in and having him VC for the Friday night game in round 2 and couldn’t reverse the trade

That helps a lot though re organizing your team and having them play earlier to give you more options.

I think Garner and lawrie are the 2 I’d love to be able to decide between after seeing Lawrie’s score but that’s not as doable so I will have burns in centre as you say and if capewell has a shocker then I will gamble on rava but likely not too profitable a loop this week

Thanks mate!

Thanks @Milchy as well. That was what I was thinking re captains
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 22 Empty Re: Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Post by mattnz Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:43 pm

Ponga Yeo the Mann wrote:

Thanks again legend

I thought you were better off putting at least your vc in an early game in case someone is a late withdrawal in another game so you can trade them or more flexibility with organizing your team? Generally a non-issue but my dad got burnt by trading friend in and having him VC for the Friday night game in round 2 and couldn’t reverse the trade

That helps a lot though re organizing your team and having them play earlier to give you more options.

I think Garner and lawrie are the 2 I’d love to be able to decide between after seeing Lawrie’s score but that’s not as doable so I will have burns in centre as you say and if capewell has a shocker then I will gamble on rava but likely not too profitable a loop this week

Thanks mate!

Thanks @Milchy as well. That was what I was thinking re captains

You do have a bit more flexibility this week on who you get to see before deciding, as Garner and Bateman don't play until the last 2 games. If you wanted to you could switch Tolman and Lawrie, to see the scores of Lawrie and Capewell before deciding between them. It means that if they both get bad scores, you can't get Ravalawa's score instead though, but that risk is minimal.

Actually I just realized I am slightly incorrect here. If something happens like Capewell gets injured and scores 5, you can swap Rava ahead of him anyway, then see Lawrie's score and Rava's score in the same game, then choose between them, so still a fair amount of flexibility.

Last edited by mattnz on Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:54 pm

mattnz wrote:

You do have a bit more flexibility this week on who you get to see before deciding, as Garner and Bateman don't play until the last 2 games. If you wanted to you could switch Tolman and Lawrie, to see the scores of Lawrie and Capewell before deciding between them. It means that if they both get bad scores, you can't get Ravalawa's score instead though, but that risk is minimal.

Can you sub burns in this instance after the Rabbitohs have played?

I think I will do that with lawrie and capewell. Means I can dodge capewell if he gets moved to the backs and struggles I guess

Cheers Matt, you’re one of the most helpful guys on here
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:04 pm

Ponga Yeo the Mann wrote:

Can you sub burns in this instance after the Rabbitohs have played?

I think I will do that with lawrie and capewell. Means I can dodge capewell if he gets moved to the backs and struggles I guess

Cheers Matt, you’re one of the most helpful guys on here

You can't move Burns after Rabbitohs have played, but leaving him in the centers optimizes your loop options, with the chance to choose between 2 players scores after you have seen both play and after the rabbitohs have already played.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:18 am

Mattnz how would you set this lot up? Want to see if it matches how i would do it.

Rein
    Fifita, Tolman
    Arrow, Murray, Bateman
    Morgan, Carty
    Nikora, Capewell
    Teddy, CNK, Sivo

Garner, Gillett, Lawrie, Brown
    Xerri, Haas, CHT, Rava

What would you do, feel free to move guys around.

Haas and CHT are the new additions
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:56 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Mattnz how would you set this lot up? Want to see if it matches how i would do it.

Rein
    Fifita, Tolman
    Arrow, Murray, Bateman
    Morgan, Carty
    Nikora, Capewell
    Teddy, CNK, Sivo

Garner, Gillett, Lawrie, Brown
    Xerri, Haas, CHT, Rava

What would you do, feel free to move guys around.

Haas and CHT are the new additions

Was going to go with this setup, then realised that you don't have a WFB/HLF. Its a pity, would have worked nicely if you had Ponga, Gutho, Hughes etc. Could have seen Xerri and CHT play, then if you didn't like their scores, go Carty instead. Back to the drawing board.

Rein
    Fifita, Lawrie
    Arrow, Murray, Bateman
    Morgan, Brown
    Nikora, Capewell
    Teddy, CNK, Sivo

Garner, Gillett, Tolman, Haas
    Xerri, Rava, CHT, Carty

Post by Guest Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:05 am

Anyone looping fifi?
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:13 am

WT2K wrote:Anyone looping fifi?

I think its a good idea. Can still get his score, but not the downside risk.
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:30 am

WT2K wrote:Anyone looping fifi?
    I have bigger issues to loop.
    Fifi named to start so why would they risk him??
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:32 am

got fifi at 18

Post by Guest Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:33 am

code delta wrote:
    I have bigger issues to loop.
    Fifi named to start so why would they risk him??
    They wouldn't if it was serious.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:43 am

I;m trusting Fifi. Capewell at 18 for me as 'just in case' loop

Post by Guest Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:52 am

Xerri at 18 for me. Carty on standby
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:49 pm

Realise all the talk no doubt about Xerri this fine Thursday fellas, but if cap, Milch or any other looper can help an old mate out...

I want to get a free look at Burr. Fkd up last week and missed his 62pts as NPR despite having Burns readily avail.

14 Cam Smith
    15 Mitch Rein

Some help please 16-18 with how to organize (in order of match played)
    - Burns
    - Burr
    - Haas
    - Mahoney

Doing my head in trying to work it out. I currently have Haas in 16, because I figure I will just take his score but would like chance to have Burr if he goes large over Mahoney
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:57 pm

GreenMachine wrote:Realise all the talk no doubt about Xerri this fine Thursday fellas, but if cap, Milch or any other looper can help an old mate out...

I want to get a free look at Burr. Fkd up last week and missed his 62pts as NPR despite having Burns readily avail.

14 Cam Smith
    15 Mitch Rein

Some help please 16-18 with how to organize (in order of match played)
    - Burns
    - Burr
    - Haas
    - Mahoney

Doing my head in trying to work it out. I currently have Haas in 16, because I figure I will just take his score but would like chance to have Burr if he goes large over Mahoney

With Souths being the next game I don’t think you can loop. Burns will lock at 17 before Burr plays. Do you have any other red dots?
    Mr Fernando
    Mr Fernando

Post by Mr Fernando Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:59 pm

17. D. Brown
    18. Sele
    19. Xerri

Will give me Xerri’s score right?

Last edited by Mr Fernando on Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:59 pm

Can I loop in Nikora VC score? I have DCE as (c) with Brown at 17 loop. If I switch them does the (c) go to Brown? DCE score comes back in for Brown and whoever I have at 18 then comes in too?
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:01 pm

@Milchy

How do we know it's an intended part of the game? Did Fanhub confirm?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:13 pm

Finch wrote:@Milchy

How do we know it's an intended part of the game? Did Fanhub confirm?

Its still in the rules this year. If they didn't want it they'd take it out
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:22 pm

Shanbon wrote:

With Souths being the next game I don’t think you can loop. Burns will lock at 17 before Burr plays. Do you have any other red dots?
    Thanks Shan. No unfortunately not mate. Buzzed Brown off for CHT 2 weeks ago already

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:47 pm