NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 12 Empty Re: Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Post by Cookie Monster Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:11 pm

B/L wrote:Fellow Kent's

This week I have

Ponga Tedesco in the backline

If I chuck Joey manu into the starting side.

Can I loophole katoa and Thompson   if I leave them in position 18 and 19 ?

It will work if you move Katoa and Thompson to positions 20 and 21 respectively. You should also place someone in position 19 who plays their match after the Warriors vs Sharks match

If Katoa gets a good score make no changes. At the end of the round Katoa will AE into Manu's position 

If Katoa gets a bad score swap Thompson with the player in position 19. At the end of the round Thompson will AE into Manu's position

This all will only work if you have no other WFB's in positions 14 to 19 inclusive

Good luck
    awanamafia
    awanamafia

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 12 Empty Re: Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Post by awanamafia Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:05 am

Hmm I'd like to loop Lewis and DCE using Nicholls (if not named)

HLF: Nicholls

No HLF in 14-17

18: Lewis
    19: DCE

If Lewis goes well - hold as is. If he bombs - switch DCE and Nicholls...

Correct?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:24 am

awanamafia wrote:Hmm I'd like to loop Lewis and DCE using Nicholls (if not named)

HLF: Nicholls

No HLF in 14-17

18: Lewis
    19: DCE

If Lewis goes well - hold as is. If he bombs - switch DCE and Nicholls...

Correct?

Yes, but there's only 2.5 hours between Lewis and DCE playing, so you have to be pretty quick .
    I'd start with DCE and Nicholls on th ebench, and swap DCE out iF Lewis goes well, rather than the other way around (assuming you believe DCE is more likely to score well)

Also if 20 or 21 are better scorers than Lewis, put them in 18 and drop Lewis/Nicholls down the order a bit.
    Put your best scoring reserve in 18
    awanamafia
    awanamafia

Post by awanamafia Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:57 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Yes, but there's only 2.5 hours between Lewis and DCE playing, so you have to be pretty quick .
    I'd start with DCE and Nicholls on th ebench, and swap DCE out iF Lewis goes well, rather than the other way around (assuming you believe DCE is more likely to score well)

Also if 20 or 21 are better scorers than Lewis, put them in 18 and drop Lewis/Nicholls down the order a bit.
    Put your best scoring reserve in 18

Good point re: the tight time frame. Will go with the approach you suggested.

20 / 21 are Holland / Ponga so prob not too much extra value there
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:43 pm

Is anyone tracking their pre and post loopy score ?
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:03 pm

No Worries wrote:Is anyone tracking their pre and post loopy score ?

I've had ten rounds where an injury or some other DNP has allowed me to perform a loop.

In those ten rounds, I've netted 110 points from performing the loop (one round with a loss of points and the other nine with gains.) Having a closer look at this result, I can say that in eight of those ten rounds I would have played the scoring looper (the player who has gained (or lost) the points) if I didn't have a red dot in my team. So in essence only two of the loops really count, and in those rounds I managed to net -13 points. Super successful. Rip

This would seem to suggest that looping is a complete waste of time (or that I am very bad at doing it..........much more likely), but these loops all involved at least one mediocre player and had little flexibility in regards to moving players between squad positions. Looping should hopefully be much more powerful when you have your final 17,18,19 and a DPP red dot or two.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:31 pm

Wretched villains, is there any way I can get a score for the glassman?
    team
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:58 pm

Sorry Krump, not looking good for you there pal. Looking like a 0
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:09 pm

I thought so. Thanks Mate
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:47 pm

@Krump

You may not get any points for Dugan but you can still use him in a loop to give yourself some cover in case Brown has a shocker.

To do this, put Ponga and Dugan in your starting 13 and Aitken in position 17. Leave the rest of the team as is.

If Brown gets his regular score, do nothing. At the end of the round Aitken will AE into CTR and Brown will AE into position 17.

If Brown craps out, swap Aitken with whoever you think will score the highest out of Lewis, Fainu or Su'a. At the end of the round Aitken will AE into CTR.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:14 pm

Thanks Cookie.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:49 am

Teddy being rested means pretty much everyone gets a nice loophole opportunity this weekend. I'll use TPJ to take a look at Lewis.
    Scouter
    Scouter

Post by Scouter Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:19 pm

Can one of you experts please clarify a situation? I feel a bit ripped off from a H2h against an opponent.

He had Arrow as a starting FRF with R.James as a reserve. Arrow was a late withdrawal which means James slots into the starting line up and then #18 moves into the team. In this case it was L.Mitchell who didn't play, so then it goes to the next available player in#19 who was S.Katoa which is fine. But he also received an AE from L.Lewis to cover the loss of Tedesco who was in his starting line up.

Now was Katoa's score added to cover the loss of Tedesco or was it because he was the next available reserve? If its the former then it means he got the Score of Lewis to cover Arrow which isnt right as he is not a FRF.

If its the latter and Katoa was added as #19(to substitute James and to cover the loss of Arrow) then he should not have received Lewis' score to cover Tedesco as Lewis is not a WFB.

In fact even if he was a WFB hypothetically it doesn't seem right as a player has essentially received 2 x AE's instead of copping a zero with multiple players pulling out which seems more fair.

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:15 pm

It fills gaps from the starting lineup before gaps in the reserves bench.

So James came in for Arrow and Katoa in for Tedesco.

Then the top 4 remaining bench players had their score count
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:19 pm

Theoretically you can get 4 AE's now. It isn't limited to 1 like past season's.

Sounds like Arrow is out so he get's James score. So Katoa comes into the 17. Teddy is out so Katoa covers Teddy and Lewis comes into the 17.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:37 pm

Pretty sure this will work but will someone please confirm:

Backline:

Mitchell, Aitken
    RTS, Tedesco, Brimson

Bench: Smith, Farah, McInnes, Taupau

18-21: Olive, Holland, Lewis, Ponga

If I like Holland's score tonight, I can switch Brimson and Ponga and get Holland in my 17 over Brimson? Lewis would then be my back-up half??
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:11 pm

That'll work
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:45 pm

I'll keep it out of the main thread

But looping just gained Zoras 15 points.
    And not looping has cost Verbal 78 points.

Big turn around if situations has been reversed.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:54 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    I'll keep it out of the main thread

But looping just gained Zoras 15 points.
    And not looping has cost Verbal 78 points.

Big turn around if situations has been reversed.

Ouch
    Cap’n Ranta II
    Cap’n Ranta II

Post by Cap’n Ranta II Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:09 am

Staying off the main thread. This is mainly for H2H and have 5 trades left.

Team is

Smith
    Tapau Fifita
    Martin JTurbo Brown
    SJ DCE
    Marsters Mitchell
    Tedesco Ponga TTurbo

Cook Farah Arrow Fainu
    Holmes Isaako Lewis Tuala

Have 107k in the bank and apart from Fainu I like the team. Is it worth wasting a trade to get a red dot to have a WFB/CTR to loop Isaako or Holmes in. Currently Ponga helps but that’ll leave soon.

Thinking of going to 2 trades

Fainu -> Pearce/Reynolds (assuming charges or Koro will make Fainu irrelevant)
    Lewis -> HLF/WFB red dot
    Tuala -> CTR/WFB red dot

I’ll have cover for all positions (18th / 19th man are backs which isn’t ideal for a late drop but that’s fine) and have looping options in high variance positions. Seems ideal for H2H but am worried that this sacks too many trades for a limited gain. 2 trades for injuries over 3-4 weeks seems too brave.

Any thoughts on if a trade at this point is worth it to exploit the loop?

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:51 pm