NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 10

standard-issue
    standard-issue

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 10 - Page 8 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 10

Post by standard-issue Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:56 pm

Combined pool is now $1600!  One more tree fiddy and y'all get a GIF*    Link:

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t630-cash-comp-is-open

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 10 - Page 8 BsMxX8BCYAAnPWm

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 10 - Page 8 EPQtD

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 10 - Page 8 Tumblr_m0dnmkMBjt1qie03jo1_500

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 10 - Page 8 Meh.ro1079

Confirmed paid:

Moose
    MTB
    Pacey
    Bender
    SI
    Welshy
    Random
    Trajan
    Russ
    mulvy
    DK
    Big Kev
    THEGAME
    Krump
    Soylent
    GM
    ricsum
    tragic
    CD
    Chucky
    AL
    rhino
    beaver
    Druid
    Pain
    Milf
    Wolfie
    Revs
    Shangrada
    Ratnick
    yanjarra
    Thickshake
    Loomer
    Loomer

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 10 - Page 8 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 10

Post by Loomer Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:59 pm

SI wrote:

B for me, I think Godinet and Rochow are on the same trap level, quite trappy but good rewards if not.

I'm going to risk NAS instead of Brom which lets me get up to 419k player instead of Rochow or Godinet. I've gone Griffin. Is he another Scott Moore? Lamb on bench means he doesn't play 80. Any better player for less than 419k??

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:59 pm

Just a heads up for those like me that were unaware, it appears games shown on channel 9 can be streamed online for free legally from 9Now.com.au
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:01 pm

TLT Round 2's fake news:

-Kyle Turner returns in round two as starting prop, pushing Nicholls to bench. Murray stays on bench.
    -Jacob Liddle returns in the #9, Godinet to bench.
    -A barnstorming performance by Chris McQueen in ISP has won him a starting spot in the tigers back row, at the expense of Robbie Rochow.
    -Corey Harawira-Nira returns to the starting role, pushing Kikau to the bench.
    -Robbie Farah named in the 17
    -Nofoluma returns, Thompson to reserve grade.
    -Bird surprise return, Isaako out of side.
    -Hymel Hunt in, Richie Kennar out.
    -Croker scores another 15
    -Danny Levi included on knights bench.
    -Adam Elliot starts on the left edge, pushing RFM to bench
    -Macca starts, Thaiday prop, TPJ bench
    -Fanhub have a working matchcentre and stats section
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:03 pm

No Worries wrote:

All the verified leagues kick off round 2, and exclude byes. So you play everyone once, then 4 rounds of finals

Thanks for the clarification! I was a bit concerned affraid

standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:04 pm

Loomer wrote:
    SI wrote:

B for me, I think Godinet and Rochow are on the same trap level, quite trappy but good rewards if not.

I'm going to risk NAS instead of Brom which lets me get up to 419k player instead of Rochow or Godinet. I've gone Griffin. Is he another Scott Moore? Lamb on bench means he doesn't play 80. Any better player for less than 419k??

I doubt Griffin will fall into that category mate, should be safe ish.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:05 pm

In actual team news, Hooper is reporting that Ham Sandwich is out for the dragons, Latimore onto the bench. That's probably good news for anyone that's prepared to spend big on JDB....
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:07 pm

Just wanted to post and say thanks to all who contribute frequently. This forum has been super valuable in preparing for the season.

Attempting to contribute back I personally think this year it’ll be important to have some sort of war chest from the start (150-250k tops - anymore is wasting a good upgrade chance). This is because of the massive pool of forward mid-range cows that this 21 man format seems to favour and how likely it is that some of these need to be corrected early in the season (i.e. SST, Lodge, Arrow, Carty, RFM, NAS, AFB, TPJ, Murray, Fualalo, Rochow, Griffin, Kikau and Nicholls). One week of price rises/drops may make the gaps to move from dud cows to the best ones a fair bit larger than I think most people are appreciating right now.

To get this chest the easiest place I can see to free up some money is the back 5. Personally, I’m going light centres (Hiku, Kenner, Isaako) as in a few weeks Inglis will be rounding back into form after a slow start and I’ll likely play a wait and see game for the other target. All the other 450-550k gun centres (Aubs, Aitken, Roberts, Cotric, Croker, Latrell, Leilua, Inglis etc.) I’d rather replace with Lichaa for more secure points and value.

Once again, thanks everyone for all your thoughts and inputs and good luck for the season.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:07 pm

Cake Tiger wrote:Havili or Godinet?

And does anyone know why Elliott Whitehead has a red dot? Is it an error or have I missed something?

The red dot scares other coaches away...

increases his POD value
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:09 pm

my tv broke wrote:In actual team news, Hooper is reporting that Ham Sandwich is out for the dragons, Latimore onto the bench. That's probably good news for anyone that's prepared to spend big on JDB....

Rolling Laugh
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:10 pm

my tv broke wrote:TLT Round 2's fake news:

-Kyle Turner returns in round two as starting prop, pushing Nicholls to bench. Murray stays on bench.
    -Jacob Liddle returns in the #9, Godinet to bench.
    -A barnstorming performance by Chris McQueen in ISP has won him a starting spot in the tigers back row, at the expense of Robbie Rochow.
    -Corey Harawira-Nira returns to the starting role, pushing Kikau to the bench.
    -Robbie Farah named in the 17
    -Nofoluma returns, Thompson to reserve grade.
    -Bird surprise return, Isaako out of side.
    -Hymel Hunt in, Richie Kennar out.
    -Croker scores another 15
    -Danny Levi included on knights bench.
    -Adam Elliot starts on the left edge, pushing RFM to bench
    -Macca starts, Thaiday prop, TPJ bench
    -Fanhub have a working matchcentre and stats section

The bolded are most likely
    NewyCoop

Post by NewyCoop Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:10 pm

SI wrote:

Best way is to throw the entire 21 up for context mate.

Cook
    Fifita (C), Arrow
    Merrin (VC), RFM, Murray
    Croft, Watson
    Hiku, Kennar
    Tedesco, Trbojevic, Ponga

Lichaa, Griffen, Lodge, Cartwright
    Rochow, Havili, Katoa, Nicholls/Kikau
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:11 pm

Cap'n Ranta wrote:Just wanted to post and say thanks to all who contribute frequently. This forum has been super valuable in preparing for the season.

Attempting to contribute back I personally think this year it’ll be important to have some sort of war chest from the start (150-250k tops - anymore is wasting a good upgrade chance). This is because of the massive pool of forward mid-range cows that this 21 man format seems to favour and how likely it is that some of these need to be corrected early in the season (i.e. SST, Lodge, Arrow, Carty, RFM, NAS, AFB, TPJ, Murray, Fualalo, Rochow, Griffin, Kikau and Nicholls). One week of price rises/drops may make the gaps to move from dud cows to the best ones a fair bit larger than I think most people are appreciating right now.

To get this chest the easiest place I can see to free up some money is the back 5. Personally, I’m going light centres (Hiku, Kenner, Isaako) as in a few weeks Inglis will be rounding back into form after a slow start and I’ll likely play a wait and see game for the other target. All the other 450-550k gun centres (Aubs, Aitken, Roberts, Cotric, Croker, Latrell, Leilua, Inglis etc.) I’d rather replace with Lichaa for more secure points and value.

Once again, thanks everyone for all your thoughts and inputs and good luck for the season.

Agree on the war chest this year mate. Hoping for 300 personally.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:12 pm

NewyCoop wrote:
    SI wrote:

Best way is to throw the entire 21 up for context mate.

Cook
    Fifita (C), Arrow
    Merrin (VC), RFM, Murray
    Croft, Watson
    Hiku, Kennar
    Tedesco, Trbojevic, Ponga

Lichaa, Griffen, Lodge, Cartwright
    Rochow, Havili, Katoa, Nicholls/Kikau

I have to go but beer and put bets on mate, hahaha, any help for Newy out there lads?
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:12 pm

Good luck all, and thanks for the info! I'm posting this here to stop me changing the damn thing.

Smith
    Lodge Arrow
    TPJ RFM Sriffin
    JT Croft
    GI Jayne (because that's lol! )
    Teddy-Pong Katoa

Lichaa Cook NAS Carty
    Havili Kikau Nicholls Kennar

Cheers
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:12 pm

I have no war chest. This happens every year. 13k in the bank. Who's with me?

Last edited by my tv broke on Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:13 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:Good luck all, and thanks for the info! I'm posting this here to stop me changing the damn thing.

Smith
    Lodge Arrow
    TPJ RFM Sriffin
    JT Croft
    GI Jayne  (because that's  lol!  )
    Teddy-Pong Katoa

Lichaa Cook NAS Carty
    Havili Kikau Nicholls Kennar

Cheers

That is tremendous Laugh 3 , good luck mate.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:14 pm

Cap'n Ranta wrote:Just wanted to post and say thanks to all who contribute frequently. This forum has been super valuable in preparing for the season.

Absolutely agree on the war chest. I just cant do it though Very Happy I've got 3k left over
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:14 pm

my tv broke wrote:I have no war chest. This happens every year. 11k in the bank. Who's with me?

2 sides to the coin MTB, you more than likely have more chance of scoring more points.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:14 pm

Lots of people taking big gambles on FRF and 2RF by no having at least a couple of guns?

Any other year certains members of this forum would be tearing into you. What has changed? I'm not confident running arrow and lodge as my FRF pairing.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 2:22 am