NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

Post by Guest Thu 12 Apr 2018, 4:51 pm

Honeysett wrote:He then went on to say that Brown unbuilt the club.

Saying something before hand doesn't excuse you're not words.

That's like saying "I'm not racist, but...."

.....did he not unbuild it? whether you think what Bennett left behind was good or not, Brown spent the first couple of years dismantling what Bennett had built and added nothing until that was done, if that isn't called unbuilding, than what is it called?
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu 12 Apr 2018, 4:51 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Only an idiot of Pieman's calibre would read into Bennett's comments and get an impression similar to the above.

Particularly when it was blatantly obvious Bennett's comments were in defence of the constant assertion (despite Pieman's denials) that he left the place in disarray.

Again, the initial quote was:

“He [Brown] has done a good job there, but we didn’t leave it in bad shape”

A normal person would be deadset chuffed and thankful that the best coach to ever have donned a whistle and picked up a clipboard, has given them credit.

Maybe if anything Bennett could be accused of being a bit overprotective of the blokes that were let go when they pushed him about what Browny had done well......but big deal, that's been Bennett's thing since he started coaching and if Browny can't handle that he is in the wrong game.
    At least the 'criticism' was League related and not a personal attack.

The mere fact that he felt the need to say "we didnt leave it in bad shape" tells you that he feels he needs to be defensive about it. He came out and said that of his own accord.
    When he was asked "what he has done well" he then goes on to say - I dont know yet.
    Brown has done heaps of things well, and all he needed to say was "he has done things his way". Not come out and be all defensive about what newcastle became after he left. He was condescending as fuck and super defensive. So fuck him. Brown got him with a good comment that can be taken two ways, and got away with it. Has he ever given Brown credit for building that st george side up before bennett putted in the gimme?

dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Fri 13 Apr 2018, 10:00 pm

Sorry to intrude on Wayne-bashing, but WTF happened to Gillett? Poor fucker....
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri 13 Apr 2018, 10:53 pm

surmo13 wrote:

.....did he not unbuild it? whether you think what Bennett left behind was good or not, Brown spent the first couple of years dismantling what Bennett had built and added nothing until that was done, if that isn't called unbuilding, than what is it called?

He's saying he unbuilt the good. Not the bad. Therein lies... the lie.
    Ice

Post by Ice Fri 13 Apr 2018, 11:07 pm

When has Bennett left a team in good shape?

Post by Guest Fri 13 Apr 2018, 11:16 pm

Honeysett wrote:

He's saying he unbuilt the good. Not the bad. Therein lies... the lie.

is he? or are you over-analyzing it because of your deep-seated hatred?

“He [Brown] has done a good job there, but we didn’t leave it in bad shape”

"well he unbuilt it, so I suppose if you unbuild it, the next thing you’ve got to do is rebuild it."

looks fairly straight forward to me.

Post by Guest Fri 13 Apr 2018, 11:20 pm

Ice wrote:When has Bennett left a team in good shape?

I think the more pertinent question is why would a coach want to leave a club that is in good shape? and can a non-retiring coach be named that has left their club in good shape?
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat 14 Apr 2018, 8:01 am

surmo13 wrote:

I think the more pertinent question is why would a coach want to leave a club that is in good shape? and can a non-retiring coach be named that has left their club in good shape?

nathan brown and st george

Post by Guest Sat 14 Apr 2018, 8:28 am

Pieman wrote:

nathan brown and st george

he didn't leave, he was canned
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Sat 14 Apr 2018, 9:34 am

surmo13 wrote:

Look no further than Wayne Bennett and the Broncos.

Left because of the drug culture that the club wouldn't let him do anything about and was paid a heap of coin to win St George a premiership.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue 17 Apr 2018, 7:05 am

surmo13 wrote:

he didn't leave, he was canned

was he?
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue 17 Apr 2018, 7:06 am

didnt watch the game on the weekend, what happened? what turned around?
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue 17 Apr 2018, 9:31 am

Pieman wrote:didnt watch the game on the weekend, what happened? what turned around?

After Bennett categorically stated there would be no changes to the halves, Niko fortuitously had a twinge in his quad. In comes Bird who kills it. Will be interesting to see how they spin the quad twinge into an ACL so Bennett doesn't have to wipe the egg off his face.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Wed 18 Apr 2018, 7:32 am

surmo13 wrote:I think the more pertinent question is why would a coach want to leave a club that is in good shape? and can a non-retiring coach be named that has left their club in good shape?

Neil Henry leaving the Cows
    Ivan Cleary leaving the Warriors

Post by Guest Wed 18 Apr 2018, 8:44 am

ryno_ wrote:

Neil Henry leaving the Cows
    Ivan Cleary leaving the Warriors

obviously i should've been more clear, i meant coaches that have left of their own volition, not sacked, not pushed out, not released
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Wed 18 Apr 2018, 8:56 am

surmo13 wrote:

obviously i should've been more clear, i meant coaches that have left of their own volition, not sacked, not pushed out, not released

Ivan left on his own terms didn't he? Henry was pushed if I recall.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed 18 Apr 2018, 6:19 pm

No Worries wrote:

After Bennett categorically stated there would be no changes to the halves, Niko fortuitously had a twinge in his quad. In comes Bird who kills it. Will be interesting to see how they spin the quad twinge into an ACL so Bennett doesn't have to wipe the egg off his face.

Why would he need to care? Even if Kodi is available this week (which he is), if the bloke changes his mind then so be it. Kodi has been shit, we won a game against an undefeated side with Bird at 6. Remember the saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it"? It was broke, so he's trying to fix it.

Flanno has said that Holmes will be FB for the year, three weeks later that Moylan is the best FB for the club and then named Dugan at FB this week. It's broke, he's trying to fix it.

I don't really see a problem.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed 18 Apr 2018, 6:55 pm

Mearcats wrote:

Why would he need to care? Even if Kodi is available this week (which he is), if the bloke changes his mind then so be it. Kodi has been shit, we won a game against an undefeated side with Bird at 6. Remember the saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it"? It was broke, so he's trying to fix it.

Flanno has said that Holmes will be FB for the year, three weeks later that Moylan is the best FB for the club and then named Dugan at FB this week. It's broke, he's trying to fix it.

I don't really see a problem.

because the week before he said that the halves wont change
    then they change

Post by Guest Wed 18 Apr 2018, 8:54 pm

Its been nice in this thread this week because we won.. Not looking forward to a loss this week and everyone jumping in saying how 'we're in trouble' 'Wayne has lost it' 'wont make the 8'

Post by Guest Wed 18 Apr 2018, 11:06 pm

ryno_ wrote:

Ivan left on his own terms didn't he? Henry was pushed if I recall.

nah Cleary was pushed, wanted to stay at the Warriors, but the board made it clear to him he wasn't in their plans for the future, so he took the Panthers deal.

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 9:59 am