NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 8

RandomSil
    RandomSil

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 8 - Page 37 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 8

Post by RandomSil Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:12 am

Fortitude
    Fortitude

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 8 - Page 37 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 8

Post by Fortitude Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:12 am

The talk of two strong CTRs for me is due to trying to get an edge to start the year.

Yes, I am fully aware that when JDB, Ahricton, Aifita and Jurbo score 80+ and Jroker score 45, ill be fucking dirty and curse my stupidity.

But im bored at work, so ill consider every option.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:14 am

wolfking wrote:http://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/news/nrl-fixtures-wests-tigers-david-nofoaluma-ivan-cleary-corey-thompson-and-malakai-watene-zelezniak-tui-lolohea/yzlmai4nq4hwz8bypqpghbhu

It now appears that Corey Thompson and Malakai Watene-Zelezniak will play as wingers, while Tui Lolohea will take the number one jersey.

I'm guessing that's just speculation from the sites point of view, but who knows.

I have always been under the belief Lolohea would get the start at number one. I think Thompson has made a strong case for a wing spot now, but never saw him as an actual FB choice if Lolo is fit.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:15 am

SoylentGreen wrote:Better option out of TPJ or Griffin? I'd like to have both, but if i did I'd have to cut one of Merrin, Whitehead or Murray (who i also want - damn all this 2rf value)

Having the same dilemma with Liu and Griffin for a bench spot. TPJ is in my starting FRF so fits this example.

Having a look at Griffin when he starts at Hooker
    Averaged 48 minutes and made 38 points from 5 games (Priced at 26 points)

Talk of Lamb being on the bench (or could start) and Buhrer and Watson can both play hooker.
    At a guess he plays minutes similar to Levi who averaged 64 minutes last year.
    Let's say a conservative of 60 minutes x 0.8 PPM = Then looking at 48 points.

Question is how long does he start and keep Levi away

I mentioned TPJ earlier but won't make that same sort of cash, though depends on what you want
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:15 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:Who is one player that has rarely been mentioned, not in many teams, but you think could make massive points this year (Moylan, Eisenhueth, KSims, P.Wallace)

Maybe not massive points but I am gambling on Gurgess to get back into form.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:16 am

Fortitude wrote:The talk of two strong CTRs for me is due to trying to get an edge to start the year.

Yes, I am fully aware that when JDB, Ahricton, Aifita and Jurbo score 80+ and Jroker score 45, ill be fucking dirty and curse my stupidity.

But im bored at work, so ill consider every option.

My CTRs are Taka and Aubbs at this stage. I just want consistent CTRs without spending huge amounts. Originally I had Hiku and Milne but for chased off on them. I may bring one or both of those guys back by the afternoon.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:18 am

Going to be here all day if anyone wants a player looked at stats wise.
    Had a passing in the family so off work and trying to keep my mind occupied
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:18 am

Boozecluez wrote:
    SoylentGreen wrote:Better option out of TPJ or Griffin? I'd like to have both, but if i did I'd have to cut one of Merrin, Whitehead or Murray (who i also want - damn all this 2rf value)

Having the same dilemma with Liu and Griffin for a bench spot. TPJ is in my starting FRF so fits this example.

Having a look at Griffin when he starts at Hooker
    Averaged 48 minutes and made 38 points from 5 games (Priced at 26 points)

Talk of Lamb being on the bench (or could start) and Buhrer and Watson can both play hooker.
    At a guess he plays minutes similar to Levi who averaged 64 minutes last year.
    Let's say a conservative of 60 minutes x 0.8 PPM = Then looking at 48 points.

Question is how long does he start and keep Levi away

I mentioned TPJ earlier but won't make that same sort of cash, though depends on what you want

If Griffin is named to start I think his spot is safe. He was signed and bought in. The Knights stuck with Levi most of last year. This post is actually making me look at Griffin more now lol. I may take him instead of Lichaa.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:20 am

Boozecluez wrote:Going to be here all day if anyone wants a player looked at stats wise.

I am a little out of the loop, so what is with all the Liu love? Is he expecting to start at Lock alongside Cordner and Aubbs?

If you need anyone to talk to or anything at all man flick me a PM.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:20 am

Boozecluez wrote:Going to be here all day if anyone wants a player looked at stats wise.

Sorry to hear that Booze. Mbye is interestin me, are there any stats for him at FB? Keen to have him in the halves if available.
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:21 am

Random wrote:

I am a little out of the loop, so what is with all the Liu love? Is he expecting to start at Lock alongside Cordner and Aubbs?

Liu had a great run at starting Lock towards the end of last season. Milchcow pointed out that he had a run of 3 games in that where he got 30-50% of his attacking stats for key categories though. So IMO atleast, SST is the better bet with roughly 50% of the goal kicking seemingly guaranteed as upside.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:22 am

Random wrote:

My CTRs are Taka and Aubbs at this stage. I just want consistent CTRs without spending huge amounts. Originally I had Hiku and Milne but for chased off on them. I may bring one or both of those guys back by the afternoon.

Ill end up with Croker and Hayne I think.

Leaves me with

Friend
    Jbrom, Lodge
    Surgess, NAS,RFM
    Cronk, Moses
    Croker, Hayne
    Teddy,Ponga, Katoa

Cook
    Licha
    Carty
    Nichols

Havili, Croker, Isaako, LLeuila
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:22 am

Sorry to hear that mate, hope everything is okay.

It'd be great to hear your thoughts on Arrow v TPJ v RFM v NAS v Lichaa. ATM I've only got Arrow, but I'm really keen on Lichaa and RFM and also want TPJ and NAS.
    TheWeapon
    TheWeapon

Post by TheWeapon Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:23 am

Sorry to hear that Booze. Hope you're doing ok man.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:23 am

my tv broke wrote:Apparently jeremh marshall king will get a bench spot for the Dogs. May rule out lichaa (i was quite keen on him if he could play 80)

It's hard to predict exactly how Pay will use his subs. I believe Lichaa will provide some value whatever happens (he had a few real low scores last year to bring his price down) but not sure if he is worthy of selection.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:24 am

Sorry to hear mate.

Feel free to give me the Downlow/thoughts on Moga as an option. Seem to remember he ended up sscoring pretty well by the end of last season? will this continue at the nights? or money spent better elsewhere.
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:25 am

Re all this centre chat. I've locked in Leilua in all my teams and haven't budged. He averaged 34 and can see him comfortably averaging 40 or more this season. So he's a set and forget IMO.
    The other centre spot Taka is the perfect fit for me as long as he's starting. Which should mean he should average 50-60 mins throughout the season. Tricky thing is though, Kenny Edwards will be on the bench so the balance between them mins wise will be tricky to predict.

If Taka isn't named to start, I'll be fucked. No idea what to do with the 2nd spot. I don't want Hiku considering he'd only be a cash cow and they're traveling a lot early in the season.

I did consider going Leilua and Aubs, but considering CTR is a weak position, I think you need at least one cash cow/value player to increase in price while a renowned CTr gun has a weak 3-5 rounds to get them on the cheap (same with the WFB slots).

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:27 am

Random wrote:

Cheers, not alot I can do with the family back in Kiwiland.
    Just keen to simply keep busy I guess but thanks.

Liu is priced at 35 points.
    Averages around 40 points when he plays lock (50 minutes) but was looking at his DPP for cover.

Having another look at his stats and with a few new players appearing I might go back to Griffin and look at getting rid of someone else

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:27 am

Sorry about the news booze.

Interested in who you think the top 3 centre options under $400k are.
    And the top 3 at any price.
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:27 am

Fortitude wrote:

Sorry to hear mate.

Feel free to give me the Downlow/thoughts on Moga as an option. Seem to remember he ended up sscoring pretty well by the end of last season? will this continue at the nights? or money spent better elsewhere.

I watched a video (think it was Butters) the other day where they said that only 2-3 CTRs a season usually average over 40 and only 2-3 WFBs average over 45 for a season after looking at the last ~10 years stats.

I doubt Moga has much room to improve on that 38 average considering he's going from the Broncos (3rd last season) to a knights team that needs to gel with half their squad being new.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:36 pm