NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 7

Archer
    Archer

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 7 - Page 8 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 7

Post by Archer Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:53 am

my tv broke wrote:

I thought this but didn't sezer start at hooker or something in the trial? the raiders have been doing some weird stuff.

Any time a coach starts messing about with combinations and positions mid game it always goes sour.

EDIT sorry havili started. not sure how many mins. apparently Williams played 60 mins of the game at half. Sezer played 13 mins at hooker later in the game. sidenote: the raiders forumers are really down on their hopes for this season..
    Starting team was Havili at hooker with Williams and Sezer in the halves, Austin bench. Just before half time (maybe 2min?) Sezer pushed to hooker, Austin came on into the halves. Then like the last 30min of the game had Garvey at hooker i believe, who granted was against a weaker team, looked the best out of the three options IMO. Sezer looked ok with some downside and probably was equal to Havili with both being better/worse in certain areas. Williams looked pretty good, Austin got a lot of praise but i saw a lot of the same mistakes he was making last year.

Personally after watching the trials I think I'd be happy to see
    6. Sezer
    7. Williams
    9. Garvey
    14. Austin

With Austin coming on and Sezer pushing to Hooker 10min either side of the halves. After that you play it by ear.
    User Name
    User Name

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 7 - Page 8 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 7

Post by User Name Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:03 am

Buramada wrote:

He was prop for both of these years and that is a huge difference in scoring. When has he played on the edge before? Is he playing there this year?

How can I find stats for him on the edge?

2015 played 80 mins for majority of games on the edge and averaged 40.
    Scored 5 tries that year.

2016 at prop he scored 11 tries
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:11 am

my tv broke wrote:

I thought this but didn't sezer start at hooker or something in the trial? the raiders have been doing some weird stuff.

Any time a coach starts messing about with combinations and positions mid game it always goes sour.

EDIT sorry havili started. not sure how many mins. apparently Williams played 60 mins of the game at half. Sezer played 13 mins at hooker later in the game. sidenote: the raiders forumers are really down on their hopes for this season..

I didn't watch the game, but from what I've read etc I would've thought all this messing about would only affect a part of the game (maybe 20 minutes either side of half-time).

TBH I can understand the lack of enthusiasm. I love watching the raiders play so am hopeful, but with relatively the same squad for the last 2-3 years there's no new cause for excitement.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:12 am

Archer wrote:
    Starting team was Havili at hooker with Williams and Sezer in the halves, Austin bench. Just before half time (maybe 2min?) Sezer pushed to hooker, Austin came on into the halves. Then like the last 30min of the game had Garvey at hooker i believe, who granted was against a weaker team, looked the best out of the three options IMO. Sezer looked ok with some downside and probably was equal to Havili with both being better/worse in certain areas. Williams looked pretty good, Austin got a lot of praise but i saw a lot of the same mistakes he was making last year.

Personally after watching the trials I think I'd be happy to see
    6. Sezer
    7. Williams
    9. Garvey
    14. Austin

With Austin coming on and Sezer pushing to Hooker 10min either side of the halves. After that you play it by ear.

Would you say Williams might be worth consideration? Was he doing the field kicking?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:34 am

Ryan James also used to be a negative points machine. Missed tackles, penalties and dropped balls galore.

Don't know if the move to prop was responsible for cleaning up his act or if it was just coincidence, but the negatives dropped right away the year he went to gun level.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:39 am

Milchcow wrote:
    Ryan James also used to be a negative points machine. Missed tackles, penalties and dropped balls galore.

Don't know if the move to prop was responsible for cleaning up his act or if it was just coincidence, but the negatives dropped right away the year he went to gun level.

No doubt he has cleaned up his act, whether it translates into an 80 minutes role is the question
    Can he pick up the extra work he will miss not playing the middle and covering Elgey in the 10/15 extra minutes

Post by Guest Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:41 am

Milchcow wrote:

It was when he cut his hair.. Sort of opposite to Samson
    Orso

Post by Orso Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:43 am

Moose wrote:To all those in L1 I will send out the codes in the next 24 hours.

Thanks for the update Moose

“I’m in the great game now. And the great game is terrifying.”
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:44 am

I won't be going Ryan James. I find Josh McGuire in that price bracket much more tempting

I think my gun forwards ($600k+) will come from these players (1 or 2 will make my 17)
    Andrew Fifita, Martin Taupau, James Graham, Josh McGuire, Trent Merrin

Maybe Nathan Brown or Jake Trbojevic

They seem to me the best options for value and/or DPP flexibility.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:49 am

Gee, the season opener has a chance to be a real let down with possibly Lodge my only player.
    Trade Rage Tragic
    Trade Rage Tragic

Post by Trade Rage Tragic Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:51 am

All signed up and ready to roll for L4 - thanks Wolfking!

I read an article recently about the cutoff date for each nrl club listing their 29 man squad but I can't find it again.

Does anyone know the date?
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:54 am

Orso wrote:

Thanks for the update Moose

“I’m in the great game now. And the great game is terrifying.”

Good luck. I had my chance last year and blew it! But to quote from every second preseason article: "It's good we can all push each other and learn off each other, it's good to have that competition for spots and hopefully I get my chance again soon"
    Orso

Post by Orso Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:57 am

mulvy wrote:Thoughts on my cow gun cow gun cow gun team please?

Cook
    Fifita Lodge
    Merrin Murray RFM
    Thurston Croft
    Maubbs Kennar
    Ted Ponga Mitchell

Lichaa  Cartwright  Nichols  Croker

McKendry  Katoa  228k x2    73k

Thanks

Nice looking team. However, am not sold on Fifita, feel that the “cows” know how to stop him, so may not score well. Good luck with the Maubbs pick too - been burnt before. Can you move Mitchell to ctr and bring in Dufty?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:59 am

Thinking back just to the world cup, Fifita was good and racked up really good stats, better stats than he was producing for the second half of the year iirc for fantasy anyway.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:01 pm

wolfking wrote:Thinking back just to the world cup, Fifita was good and racked up really good stats, better stats than he was producing for the second half of the year iirc for fantasy anyway.

in absolute terms, Fifita is going to rack up some good stats, very little doubt about that.

Its just whether or not he'll beat last years average (and rise in price) or drop a little and you can pick him up cheaper.

I'm confident Fifita will be good enough to be a final 17 player, if you get him just keep him all year ans save a trade (hoping for no injuries/suspensions)
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:06 pm

Orso wrote:

Nice looking team. However, am not sold on Fifita, feel that the “cows” know how to stop him, so may not score well. Good luck with the Maubbs pick too - been burnt before. Can you move Mitchell to ctr and bring in Dufty?

Cheers mate. I'm happy enough with Fifita and I need a captain choice other than Cook, Merrin or Ted. Have thought about Mitchell to centre but then I have no centre coverage. Also not sold on Dufty or Inglis but I think both are probably going to be good picks.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:10 pm

@Milchcow How do you see the Tigers' backline going in terms of if/when changes are made, for example how long does Cleary keep Lolohea and Milne out before giving them a go. I mean is Cleary a pick and stick kinda guy, or a chop and change kinda guy?? Did that make any sense?

Post by Guest Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:11 pm

Weird to think that Twal and Gavin Cooper have more ownership than Whitehead
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:15 pm

mulvy wrote:@Milchcow  How do you see the Tigers' backline going in terms of if/when changes are made, for example how long does Cleary keep Lolohea and Milne out before giving them a go. I mean is Cleary a pick and stick kinda guy, or a chop and change kinda guy?? Did that make any sense?

No idea. Sort of hope whoever he goes with he picks and sticks. He has his reasons for starting whoever he starts with, so would be a little disappointing if they got dumped after a few roudns. when the Tigers have a horror first month.

I'll feel sorry for Lolohea if he left the Warriors for more certain first grade and then ends up being in the same position at the Tigers. Thought he was good enough at the back end of last year and the world cup to be given a proper crack, but apparently Cleary thinks otherwise.

Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:15 pm

My current rendition* (32k ITB):

CS9
    Alvaro Lodge
    Murray Whitehead RFM
    Croft Watson
    Hayne Taka
    Teddy Ponga GI

Cook Garvilii Cartwright Arrow
    LLeilua Hiku Croker Cthompson (or whatever other cheapie is the flavour of the month)

Plenty of midrange downgrade options to get smokies in...

*This draft team is protected by wookiee copyright laws, violation of this copyright will be met by brute Force

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:04 am