NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 6

Mulvy
    Mulvy

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 6 - Page 50 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 6

Post by Mulvy Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:08 am

Milchcow wrote:

Just a clarification - Tigers have the hardest opening draw of any team. But if they can get past that they have a good run home.

Round 9 is the last time they have to play outside of NSW  (I'm counting Canberra as NSW) From rounds 10-20 the furthest they have to travel is Woollongong
    And as they get the hard games out of the way early so the last 3/4 of the draw is easier (given that most teams are better than us so its all a bit relative)

So if Thompson can hold out to round 5 in fullback then moving to the wing should still provide opportunity for points.

Yeah mate I meant opening draw, but that is when your cows need to make money.
    Welshy
    Welshy

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 6 - Page 50 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 6

Post by Welshy Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:11 am

mulvy wrote:

You don't think Taka will keep his spot/be any good?

Sorry mate if Taka if named in the 2RF come TLT he will be the CTR partner for Aubs/Kata/someone

The second part of the equation would be in the WFB with Tedesco and Ponga
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:14 am

Welshy wrote:

Sorry mate if Taka if named in the 2RF come TLT he will be the CTR partner for Aubs/Kata/someone

Sounds like we have very similar backline
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:15 am

Welshy wrote:

What do you think Maubbs will do this year?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:28 am

mulvy wrote:

What do you think Maubbs will do this year?

Same as most years mate, average around 45 when named to start in the 2RF and play 80 minutes

average around 34 when moved around to fill in the backline

Finish season averaging around 39, exactly where he is priced Rolling Laugh
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:43 am

Welshy wrote:

Same as most years mate, average around 45 when named to start in the 2RF and play 80 minutes

average around 34 when moved around to fill in the backline

Finish season averaging around 39, exactly where he is priced   Rolling Laugh

I'd be okay with that if most of those centre games came later in the season. Plays round 13 then he would be one of those that gets traded for a round 17 player perhaps.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:50 am

mulvy wrote:

I'd be okay with that if most of those centre games came later in the season. Plays round 13 then he would be one of those that gets traded for a  round 17 player perhaps.
    Problem with the Aubbs is you never know when his black widow tendencies are going to strike Laugh 3

I'm tempted to throw my usual fantasy thoughts out the window to start the year and go with some random CTR/WFB who I'm hoping can bag a few meaties based on matchups, some nice price rises before jumping off before the inevitable price fall

curent candidates are

Jo Manu, Kata, Auva'a, Naiqama, SKD
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:56 am

Welshy wrote:
    Problem with the Aubbs is you never know when his black widow tendencies are going to strike Laugh 3

I'm tempted to throw my usual fantasy thoughts out the window to start the year and go with some random CTR/WFB who I'm hoping can bag a few meaties based on matchups, some nice price rises before jumping off before the inevitable price fall

curent candidates are

Jo Manu, Kata, Auva'a, Naiqama, SKD

Maubbs running off Cronk should be awesome, but at centre you can often run two cheapies and I HATE when the cheapies score as well as my expensive guy. Decisions, decisions

And just my opinion, but Kata and Naiqama are shit and could/should be dropped. Maybe Manu or Auva'a'a'a but don't like any of them really.
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:16 am

Watched the Eels vs Knights trial last night. Here are my thoughts.

All Knights forwards are a wait and see. Not sure if there is much value in any of those guys, including Fitzgibbon and Slade. Expecting a 50/50 share at hooker meaning a average for Slade around 30 in solely tackles.
    Ponga is a must for every side. Was all class, probably had 5 tackle busts without doing anything (beating first defender every second hitup), good kick defusals, did drop one sitter though, played like a second half at times, attacking kicks so may get a few forced dropouts/TA's etc.
    Pearce did all the long range kicking - will average around 50 but will drop in price because he just won't get the attacking stats.
    Connor Watson is a worry actually, limited opportunities, tackled well, did throw the last cutout pass for Kenny Dowell try (LBA and TA) but other than that didn't do anything, didn't go on any TB runs etc (could struggle to hit 30's if Knights forwards don't provide the platform), but we all know he is capable of a big score too. Risky pick as starting half. Probably better value in Mitchell Moses or Josh Reynolds.

Eels are a very solid side that will just suffocate teams through good defense. Eels forwards will be good options if Will Smith is on bench, but assume this will change depending on opposition.
    N Brown will take off where he left last year - in terms of business in defense and always looking to offload. May have minutes cut with four forward bench as Taka playing second row has murkied the waters.
    Props will be Alvaro, Mannah, Evans and Matagi - whom were all very good. Problem is they then have two spots to fill out of Beau Scott, Kenny Edwards, Tepai Moeroa and Will Smith. So there is the risk in picking Nathan Brown and Alvaro, whom I feel are the only options except Taka obviously in the centres.

Alvaro was very very busy, opening spell was 24 minutes of 3-4 tackles per set along with sometimes two hitups per set (on around 3-4 occasions), no real tackle breaks except for a couple of slapsies across the face of the post and 1 offload, if Will Smith is on bench and this guy can jag 45 minutes 50 points is not out of the question. But risk is there.

Moses and Norman and French and Jennings and Hayne (at fullback) were very good. Moses is definitely a good option. Scored a good try and had another disallowed. Kicked like 1 out of 6 though. Did most of the long range kicking. Feel he will be the guy running the ship and Norman will up his running game. Could be a bold POD pick that pays off.

Post by Guest Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:49 am

Warriors wrote:Watched the Eels vs Knights trial last night. Here are my thoughts.
    Eels are a very solid side that will just suffocate teams through good defense. Eels forwards will be good options if Will Smith is on bench, but assume this will change depending on opposition.
    N Brown will take off where he left last year - in terms of business in defense and always looking to offload. May have minutes cut with four forward bench as Taka playing second row has murkied the waters.
    Props will be Alvaro, Mannah, Evans and Matagi - whom were all very good. Problem is they then have two spots to fill out of Beau Scott, Kenny Edwards, Tepai Moeroa and Will Smith. So there is the risk in picking Nathan Brown and Alvaro, whom I feel are the only options except Taka obviously in the centres.

Alvaro was very very busy, opening spell was 24 minutes of 3-4 tackles per set along with sometimes two hitups per set (on around 3-4 occasions), no real tackle breaks except for a couple of slapsies across the face of the post and 1 offload, if Will Smith is on bench and this guy can jag 45 minutes 50 points is not out of the question. But risk is there.

Will Eels play a 80 min hooker or do you think Brown will spend some time there and still play 65-70 mins.

Not sure who to pick out of Brown and Surgess.
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:03 am

dreamers wrote:

Will Eels play a 80 min hooker or do you think Brown will spend some time there and still play 65-70 mins.

Not sure who to pick out of Brown and Surgess.

Yes - king looks slated for 80 minutes. He did that in like 10/13 games last year or whatever it was. I think Surgess is a wait and see personally. Brown should hit 50s at least whereas if Surgess is on edge his base will be down.

Post by Guest Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:25 am

Warriors wrote:

Yes - king looks slated for 80 minutes. He did that in like 10/13 games last year or whatever it was. I think Surgess is a wait and see personally. Brown should hit 50s at least whereas if Surgess is on edge his base will be down.

Thanks for your input.

Will monitor TLT like the rest of us.
    MrCashman
    MrCashman

Post by MrCashman Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:57 am

Does anyone know if the stupid fantasy app has a chat box this year?

It seems the app has gone downhill ever since the original dream team
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:22 am

Panthers trial stats

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 6 - Page 50 Panthe10

Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:28 am

wolfking wrote:

He's never played 80.  Always played around 65 and will continue to do so this year.  He had a strong game on the weekend and will be as reliable as ever.  I won't run with him but can't blame others for wanting to start with him this year.  He wants an origin jumper so he's always going to give 110%.

He certainly did in 2016 when I had him. Back in his POD days when my love for de Belin began Beating Heart
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:35 am

Alfie wrote:Panthers trial stats

Not sure how those fantasy stats line up against those stats - not the points I get too
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:45 am

Doesn't kikaus stats give him 28? Also surprised by Mckendry seemed to me to be making tackles left right and centre,  often the third one in.  But i didn't physically count them.  Maybe i will. Oh and Edwards works out to 18 doesn't he?

Last edited by mulvy on Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:47 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIe-miieL-A

Warriors Doco that screened last night here in NZ, quite good. Part 2 next week. Has no relevance to Fantasy at all though.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:47 am

Not sure what to think here re. Merrin. Should play more minutes but that's on par with what he was producing last year.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:00 am

Finch wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIe-miieL-A

Warriors Doco that screened last night here in NZ, quite good. Part 2 next week. Has no relevance to Fantasy at all though.

Neither do the Warriors (sorry Mannering)

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:15 am