NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 6

Mulvy
    Mulvy

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 6 - Page 49 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 6

Post by Mulvy Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:33 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

Pearce just did too well last year. Don't see why he won't have another great season, but I don't think he can beat his 56 average at the knights.
    He raised his own bar too high IMO

+1
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 6 - Page 49 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 6

Post by Milchcow Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:34 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

I am running Thompson in the 13 with Katoa as my WFB backup in 18-21. Fullbacks can almost be exempt from team performance, they can still make plenty of run metres on kick returns, and if they are good enough, they can use that space to make the tacklebreaks too. He obviously won't hold a candle to Teddy, but I don't see why he can't make consistent 30s in a lacklustre Tigers outfit and be of solid economical value.

Its Jaelen Feeny, rather than Teddy, I was comparing Thompson too.

But fullback is not necessarily a magic point machine. Lachlan Coote, Darius Boyd play for good teams and don't set the world on fire.

Thompson is cheap, but there is a difference between scoring well enough to make money, and scoring well enough to count in your 17. My concern is he scores poorly over the first few rounds as Tigers get belted, then Lolohea comes in
    Shooter McGavin
    Shooter McGavin

Post by Shooter McGavin Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:35 pm

You guys don't think he'll get some good kick metres with Watson/Ponga/Levi-Griffin as other spine members?

Even then I guess 824k is pretty heavy money for a half..Maybe Ill go Cronk or C.Walker instead
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:37 pm

Shooter McGavin wrote:You guys don't think he'll get some good kick metres with Watson/Ponga/Levi-Griffin as other spine members?

Even then I guess 824k is pretty heavy money for a half..Maybe Ill go Cronk or C.Walker instead

He'll get a bizillion kick metres, but he did last year too.
    Shooter McGavin
    Shooter McGavin

Post by Shooter McGavin Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:38 pm

Milchcow wrote:

But fullback is not necessarily a magic point machine. Lachlan Coote, Darius Boyd play for good teams and don't set the world on fire.

Thompson is cheap, but there is a difference between scoring well enough to make money, and scoring well enough to count in your 17. My concern is he scores poorly over the first few rounds as Tigers get belted, then Lolohea comes in

if Lolohea comes in, having fixed his weak points and shafts Thompson could he be moved to the Wing and potentially push MWZ or Kev to reggies? Or it that just classic wishful thinking?
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:41 pm

Shooter McGavin wrote:

if Lolohea comes in, having fixed his weak points and shafts Thompson could he be moved to the Wing and potentially push MWZ or Kev to reggies? Or it that just classic wishful thinking?

Even if he did he would now be on the wing of the team with the hardest draw and favourites for the spoon. He won't even make his breakeven of 15. Although if I don't pick him he will probably be a superstar. Just my opinion.
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:43 pm

Seems like not many have JT. I currently have him in my side because he's underpriced for what he can produce. I'd rather pay almost 200k less for him than get Pearce.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:44 pm

Welshy wrote:

Cheers mate, was considering the unthinkable in regards to a universally laughed at fantasy option at the the Titans....

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 6 - Page 49 200w
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:45 pm

MilfordTheMagician wrote:Seems like not many have JT. I currently have him in my side because he's underpriced for what he can produce. I'd rather pay almost 200k less for him than get Pearce.

He found his way into my side over the weekend. Haven't figured out how to pay for him though.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:47 pm

Shooter McGavin wrote:

Tigers have a lot of 'depth' in the backline, or at least quite a few players who maintain a base level of competency. Other than Nofo, I'm not sure any of them have complete job security.

Lolohea, Fonua, Milne could all force their way into first grade without it being a surprise. Ideally Milne would lock down a centre spot, because fantasy-wise he is the best prospect

Its certainly possible we might see Lolohea at 1 at Thompson on the wing at some point. I think most people are just hoping Thompson makes a bit of cash quick enough to allow him to be traded out at a decent profit.

RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:47 pm

Shooter McGavin wrote:
    Milchcow wrote:

I still find in unbelievable that Thompson (The bloke who struggled on the wing for the Bulldogs) is ousting Lolohea at FB. The bloke who left the Warriors so he didn't have to sit on the wing is now a Ressie? I mean, I really hope that isn't true considering my draft league team Sad

MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:48 pm

mulvy wrote:

He found his way into my side over the weekend. Haven't figured out how to pay for him though.

I am liking my JT-Croft combo right now, mainly because they are the main halves from the grand finalists of 2017 and will both be in the top 4 again this season so that = attacking stats.Also the lack of rookie halves this season means I have only considered Croker but he's currently on my bench.

Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:48 pm

mulvy wrote:

I don't think I can do it. He'll get two games where they get pumped by the roosters and storm and then he'll get dropped for Lolohea. Will be the next Feeney.

Milchcow wrote:

Different styles of play though. Coote and Boyd both have great passing games and chime into the set plays as an extra man. From what I saw of Thompson in the trials he likes to run it more. Players like that can be in average teams and still score well- Walker, Hopoate, RTS. He doesn't need to be a point machine at that price anyway, so my only real concern is his being replaced by Lolohea. No doubt the Tigers will get flogged a few times with their hard opening draw, but he could still play well in those drubbings and keep his spot. I have a solid WFB/CTR DPP in the CTR and both a CTR and WFB on the pine to replace him if catastrophe strikes, but for me he is well worth the punt over somebody like Hiku, who could also be gone for Beale come round 4. With Teddy and Ponga in the backs, running another 500k+ player would ruin my side, and cheaper pickings are slim in that position. If ya gonna go cheap, may as well go dirt cheap! Laugh 3

Last edited by Pookus McFly on Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:49 pm

MilfordTheMagician wrote:Seems like not many have JT. I currently have him in my side because he's underpriced for what he can produce. I'd rather pay almost 200k less for him than get Pearce.

JT has been in and out of my team. To me, he represents the best value out of the established gun halves.

Keeps getting sacrificed for cash when I want to upgrade elsewhere though, so not sure if he will be around in my final team or not.
    Shooter McGavin
    Shooter McGavin

Post by Shooter McGavin Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:50 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Tigers have a lot of 'depth' in the backline, or at least quite a few players who maintain a base level of competency. Other than Nofo, I'm not sure any of them have complete job security.

Lolohea, Fonua, Milne could all force their way into first grade without it being a surprise. Ideally Milne would lock down a centre spot, because fantasy-wise he is the best prospect

Its certainly possible we might see Lolohea at 1 at Thompson on the wing at some point. I think most people are just hoping Thompson makes a bit of cash quick enough to allow him to be traded out at a decent profit.

Right On Milchcow

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:51 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

Different styles of play though. Coote and Boyd both have great passing games and chime into the set plays as an extra man. From what I saw of Thompson in the trials he likes to run it more. Players like that can be in average teams and still score well- Walker, Hopoate, RTS. He doesn't need to be a point machine at that price anyway, so my only real concern is his being replaced by Lolohea. No doubt the Tigers will get flogged a few times with their hard opening draw, but he could still play well in those drubbings and keep his spot. I have a solid WFB/CTR DPP in the CTR and both a CTR and WFB on the pine to replace him if catastrophe strikes, but for me he is well worth the punt over somebody like Hiku, who could also be gone for Beale come round 4. With Teddy and Ponga in the backs, running another 500k+ player would ruin my side, and cheaper pickings a slim in that position. If ya gonna go cheap, may as well go dirt cheap! Laugh 3

At the moment I am ranking him below Katoa and above Kennar for cheapie WFB potential.

Just trying to work out if I can play him in my 17, or keep him as a cash cow.

Shooter McGavin
    Shooter McGavin

Post by Shooter McGavin Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:52 pm

mulvy wrote:

Even if he did he would now be on the wing of the team with the hardest draw and favourites for the spoon. He won't even make his breakeven of 15. Although if I don't pick him he will probably be a superstar. Just my opinion.

Yeah I can see where your'e coming from and you got solid points to back your self up
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:54 pm

Is a six cheapie bench taking it a bit too far?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:02 am

mulvy wrote:

Just a clarification - Tigers have the hardest opening draw of any team. But if they can get past that they have a good run home.

Round 9 is the last time they have to play outside of NSW (I'm counting Canberra as NSW) From rounds 10-20 the furthest they have to travel is Woollongong
    And as they get the hard games out of the way early so the last 3/4 of the draw is easier (given that most teams are better than us so its all a bit relative)

So if Thompson can hold out to round 5 in fullback then moving to the wing should still provide opportunity for points.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:06 am

Welshy wrote:Woke up with MAubbs in the CTR

which is better

MAubbs + starting Thompson/Kennar/Hiku/Katoa

Kata + Inglis

You don't think Taka will keep his spot/be any good?

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:16 am