NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 6

Archer
    Archer

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 6 - Page 16 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 6

Post by Archer Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:22 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Just another example of unselfishly putting the betterment of the game, ahead of the club.

If the NRL was fair dinkum, the Broncos would start the season on 10 points to account for all the heavy lifting they do for everyone else throughout the year.
    Only 10 points? Sounds like you think they get too much of advantage as it currently stands. I'd say if you put the TPA rorts and Bronco Night Footy in terms of season points you probably get much more than a 10 point leg up Cool
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 6 - Page 16 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 6

Post by Revraiser Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:49 am

Just gave my first 'like' of the year.
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:01 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Hi @Warriors, been meaning to say for a while, but I've been impressed with your analysis for a couple seasons now. You have a very good, and quite unique balance between statistical analysis and both league and fantasy knowledge. You are an impressive poster mate, and one whom I've gained a lot of knowledge from so cheers.

Im short on time this year so won't be posting much but I have been reading the forum and learning lots as always. A few players that have been consistently chucked out there this year (as value) which Im hoping people could elaborate on a bit more cause the value isn't immediately obvious to me (likely due to my lack of knowledge).

So interested in peoples thoughts on:

Tohu Harris
    Fafita

and to a lesser extent Merrin.

Convince me why I need them in my team (or otherwise) haha!

Cheers all and good luck for this season!

@Rippin and Tearin Thanks mate. As Milchcow said, firstly there are the numbers that say these three had lower averages than they did the three years previously, but it all comes down to gut feel.
    My gut is telling me that all three will average more come season end but I'm not sure by how much.

I am willing to wait and see on Fifita and Harris now to start the season due to reasons like coming back or managing injuries, fitness in the heat, play the ball crackdown and a new team.

I don't think Merrin can have a worse season than last year. I feel as though with the talk of Merrin being fitter and the fact he missed SOO and Australia selection last year he will have worked his arse off and could get back to a 50s average with hopefully more mins, but there are no guarantees. So at this stage I am starting with Merrin and waiting on the other two, but likely to target Taumololo, Surgess, Chricton, Murray and Gallen instead of picking up Fifita. They all play round 13 which is what all my trades will be based on pre first bye.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:10 am

Shooter McGavin wrote:

Tyson Gamble also super impressive vs Cows and going off a hunch, say he will usurp Brooks sometime in the season.

This is the kind of forum talk i find a little wishful thinking.
    Internet fans always want to promote some boom rookie, mistly in the wrong position. Notbdayingvirs a 0% chance of happening, just that i wouldn't hold my breath

Are Milne and Fonua becoming less fantasy relevant by the minute perhaps aye?

Also keen to see where Felise lineups come round 1

Marsters to take starting GK duties perhaps?

I don't think Fonua was ever secure in a spot.

Tigers fans don't want to see Naiqama at centre, but see my above quote about Gamble, and fans not getting the team they want.

With that lineup Marsters or Thomson would likely kick.

Would you expect Lolohea to come into first grade though. Id think he would replace Brooks before Gamble would
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:24 am

Is Corey Thompson any good? Is he likely to start season ahead of Lolohea?

Wests backs cheapies are doing my head in. Might just avoid all of them particularly given their opening fixtures (Roosters/Storm/Broncs/Eels/Storm) are nightmarish and whoever's in the team in Round 1 might not be by Round 6.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:35 am

my tv broke wrote:Well, not sure what to make of this, if anything. No elijah taylor, twal, or lolohea.. think everyone else is listed?

1 Corey Thompson 2 David Nofoaluma 3 Kevin Naiqama 4 Esan Marsters 5 Malakai Watene-Zalezniak 6 Josh Reynolds 7 Luke Brooks 8 Russell Packer 9 Matt McIlwrick 10 Ben Matulino 11 Robbie Rochow 12 Chris Lawrence 13 Matt Eisenhuth
    Interchange: 14 Pita Godinet 15 Josh Aloiai 16 Tim Grant 17 Michael Chee Kam 18 Taane Milne 19 JJ Felise 20 Mahe Fonua 21 Chris McQueen 22 Tyson Gamble

Looks like the outside backs from last year have been given first shot to keep their spot over the new guys.

If Rochow gets the edge spot I'll be all over him like white on rice
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:39 am

I wouldn’t imagine fans forums have ever had much say in Cleary led teams so I’m definitely done with even thinking about Fonua or Milne. Rather take the punt at this point on a DPP like Kennar or Isaako keeping a spot over the likes of Pearson
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:48 am

rhinoceroo wrote:Is Corey Thompson any good? Is he likely to start season ahead of Lolohea?

Wests backs cheapies are doing my head in. Might just avoid all of them particularly given their opening fixtures (Roosters/Storm/Broncs/Eels/Storm) are nightmarish and whoever's in the team in Round 1 might not be by Round 6.

Thompson was an average winger for the dogs in 2014-15, averaged just uhnder 30 fantasy points.

Been in Super League, who knows how much he has improved. But apparently he is "training the house down"
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:17 am

my tv broke wrote:

Bronx made it tough on themselves against PNG i reckon. While all other clubs are just looking to stretch the legs in prep for round 1, the Hunters will be fired up to play the game of their lives in front of their home crowd.

It's not like they're leaving QLD. The Queensland cup is no different to SOO.

PNG

THAT'S IN QLD
    Joey Superior
    Joey Superior

Post by Joey Superior Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:37 am

GreenMachine wrote:I wouldn’t imagine fans forums have ever had much say in Cleary led teams so I’m definitely done with even thinking about Fonua or Milne. Rather take the punt at this point on a DPP like Kennar or Isaako keeping a spot over the likes of Pearson

Might make this move, Milne out, Kennar in.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:47 am

Kennar still not secured a spot just yet.

If Lolohea can't get into this first grade team after all the Warriors stuff, his mental state must be very fragile.

From what I remember of Corey Thompson too he was very average.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:56 am

Hiku might just be a safe choice after all of this
    Joey Superior
    Joey Superior

Post by Joey Superior Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:02 am

Hey guys,

I just want a clarification on the below:

If I have Katoa in my starting 13 and say Dufty being the only WFB on by bench as 14th reserve, if Katoa ends up not playing do I get an AE from the highest score from 18th - 21st player?

Or does Dufty slot into the back 3 and I end up with only 13 playing and 3 bench reserve points for the round?

Personally I like the look of a stacked bench and have some cashies/potential starters in the starting 13 but not sure if it's wise to load the actual starters in the 13.

Hope that makes sense? lol
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:10 am

Joey Superior wrote:Hey guys,

I just want a clarification on the below:

If I have Katoa in my starting 13 and say Dufty being the only WFB on by bench as 14th reserve, if Katoa ends up not playing do I get an AE from the highest score from 18th - 21st player?

Or does Dufty slot into the back 3 and I end up with only 13 playing and 3 bench reserve points for the round?

Personally I like the look of a stacked bench and have some cashies/potential starters in the starting 13 but not sure if it's wise to load the actual starters in the 13.

Hope that makes sense? lol

Highest ranked WFB from 14-21 will go into starting position (you only have one so that would be Dufty), then no.18 will replace him on your bench if Dufty was in any position from 14-17.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:20 am

One question i have. If i have a FRF and a 2RF pull out one week, with Josh McGuire in 14
    Will be replace the FRF or the 2RF? Does it depend on the order in which the 2 players pulled out?
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:32 am

Joey Superior wrote:

Might make this move, Milne out, Kennar in.

Might just pick both anyways and instead of playing Milne in centres sit him on the bench and play Kennar until which time hopefully he earns a start.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:33 am

How is this for wishful Fantasy thinking?
    Hoping Thompson plays fullback over Lolohea so I can pick him over Hiku and thereby afford Alvaro over Liu.

I don't even care if he's any good! \(^_^)/
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:36 am

Pookus McFly wrote:How is this for wishful Fantasy thinking?
    Hoping Thompson plays fullback over Lolohea so I can pick him over Hiku and thereby afford Alvaro over Liu.

I don't even care if he's any good! \(^_^)/

If you don't care if you're players are good or not, team selection should be a doddle
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:39 am

Milchcow wrote:

If you don't care if you're players are good or not, team selection should  be a doddle

And yet its been an agonizing obsessive time-vacuum dating back months before the program even opened Coffee

Last edited by Pookus McFly on Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:46 am; edited 2 times in total
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:42 am

rhinoceroo wrote:Is Corey Thompson any good? Is he likely to start season ahead of Lolohea?

even if thompson does start the season.. lolohea might pull his socks up, and be back in the team by round 3.. (i have no idea why he's playing ISP but I can only assume coach isnt happy with fitness or attitude)

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:54 pm