NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 6

Mulvy
    Mulvy

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 6 - Page 9 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 6

Post by Mulvy Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:50 am

Pookus McFly wrote:

I am also concerned with how Hymel Hunt ended up facing the other way.
    How can I possibly select someone who isn't an ambi-turner in my side?

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 6 - Page 9 2Q==
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 6 - Page 9 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 6

Post by StuDogg101 Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:52 am

Pookus McFly wrote:

I am also concerned with how Hymel Hunt ended up facing the other way.
    How can I possibly select someone who isn't an ambi-turner in my side?

Oh god! I can't look away!
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:16 pm

danseels1985 wrote:@mulvy
    I did initially have Ted but choosing Turbo allowed me to afford Evans. If I downgraded him who would be my 4th reserve? Not ideal but unless I take a gamble and go Turbo to Dufty etc my 4th reserve will be a bit iffy at this stage

Mate, no team is ideal. Mine doesn't even have Smith! Like I said, it looks decent. Just gotta go with your gut!

Post by Guest Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:38 pm

Napa or Liu?

Post by Guest Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:39 pm

Also pretty sure if McKendry is named I'm gonna have him in my side
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:44 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:Napa or Liu?

Napa. Was just reviewing him today, well under his long term average. Was down on minutes as well as output. I expect an uptick in both but don't think I will take him, but fwiw I was surprised to find myself undervaluing him by about 9, more than I would have thought originally.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:47 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:Also pretty sure if McKendry is named I'm gonna have him in my side

Named on the bench? I'm not sure how that rotation goes??

Post by Guest Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:51 pm

mulvy wrote:

Named on the bench? I'm not sure how that rotation goes??

I really think he would be their main prop on the bench
    Buramada
    Buramada

Post by Buramada Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:57 pm

anyone keen to give unsolicited or solicited advice

smith
    lodge evans
    brown faitala-mariner fualalo
    nikorama croft
    milne aubusson
    hayne ponga walker

lichaa liu griffin cartwright
    kotoa kikau brimson doueihi
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:00 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:

I really think he would be their main prop on the bench

Could be. Seems a minefield with maybe Peachey, CHN and JFH returning to the bench forcing changes around the prop rotation, but a Panfers supporter might know better.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:16 pm

Buramada wrote:anyone keen to give unsolicited or solicited advice

smith
    lodge evans
    brown faitala-mariner fualalo
    nikorama croft
    milne aubusson
    hayne ponga walker

lichaa liu griffin cartwright
    kotoa kikau brimson doueihi

Looks decent. FRF is very ordinary but that seems the norm for Smith teams. Lodge and Evans should make money. I've seen a few teams with Liu, what are we hoping for here? Seems to me sharing with SST limits both their scores or is he really now part of the prop rotation? Dpp helps I guess.  Niko could go really well or could be a trap. His good scores at 7 last year were inflated by tries. But he's a good player and that could continue. Maubbs In Love . Don't see Hayne scoring well enough from centre. Walker should go better now that he has his contract extension and he'll have increased role when ARey is out half the time. I haven't looked properly into Griffin but his injury history worries me. My ramblings fwiw.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:28 pm

Warriors wrote:

Rabbitohs play Warriors, Panthers, Sea Eagles, Bulldogs to start. Don't seem the best defensive sides in the competition so could jag the odd try here and there if Gagai sets him up. If he averages 30 points over this period how much money would he make?

I was also interested in this question. Using milchcow 's price predictor (from last year) with MN of 14645 he makes 129k but that is about 84k in the old money. Given that previously we wanted 100k it's not quite worth it, but then again everything's different in terms of trades and team make-up anyway. And of course as long as he stays in the side he could always jag a try no matter who he is playing.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:32 pm

Honey Badger wrote:

All good options. Only thing putting me off harris is word of his nagging foot injury.

Merrin - full preseason, former gun
    Whitehead - move to lock more defence, minutes unknown
    Murray - pontential gun based off a couple of solid performances

Is that still a concern? Haven't heard it raised for quite a while.
    Buramada
    Buramada

Post by Buramada Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:24 pm

mulvy wrote:

Looks decent. FRF is very ordinary but that seems the norm for Smith teams. Lodge and Evans should make money. I've seen a few teams with Liu, what are we hoping for here? Seems to me sharing with SST limits both their scores or is he really now part of the prop rotation? Dpp helps I guess.  Niko could go really well or could be a trap. His good scores at 7 last year were inflated by tries. But he's a good player and that could continue. Maubbs In Love . Don't see Hayne scoring well enough from centre. Walker should go better now that he has his contract extension and he'll have increased role when ARey is out half the time. I haven't looked properly into Griffin but his injury history worries me. My ramblings fwiw.

Cheer Mulvy. Thanks for the comments.

For captaincy options I tried Smith. I am not sure Brown alone will score quite well enough to use as captain week in and week out. Considered Mannering and Taumalolo, but once I found a spot for Lichaa on the bench Smith made so much sense.

Lodge is almost in every team right and I reckon will score solidly and has you said will make money. I was also hoping the Eels trial side would be announced today. I think that once everyone sees the Evans is starting and is likely to play 40+ minutes (15+ more than last season) then a lot more will have them in their side with the limited options available.

I am expecting Isaac Liu to start at lock as he did toward the end of last season. He does not need that many minutes from that position 50 minutes for an average of 45. Fairly consistent then and on that basis about 10 points undervalued + as you said DPP and good cover for my cut price starting FRFs.

I was under the impression that Niko was undervalued and he is a little as well as DPP but I have already got cover here. Now you have got me thinking about Cronk or Mbye for around the same value. Thank you I think. Who would you rank better (Cronk, Nikorima or Mbye) Mbye could be amazing but there is so much undercertaintly about how he will go.

Egads! Hayne is a crappy centre isnt he. I think he will improve on his Gold Coast showing and at fullback might still stay in my team.

Griffin starting at hooker (even with low minutes) last year he averaged 40+ yet he is priced at 26. That is worth the risk in my book. DPP is useful too. Wont take much time to make money if he is playing, so if can last 5 or 6 games without injury will be well worth it. Any more is a bonus. I think better value and more certain than Cook and I dont like the idea of Garvey Havili any more. I have Smith and Lichaa. Griffin is purely for a DPP money maker, with decent scoring.

OK so thanks for the tips!

Nikorima Rip Hayne: Rip

Cartwright into starting half, Aubbs Love to the bench for DPP cover

Konrad Hurrell in CTR (POD (2%) but potentially injury prone) just over Jarrod Croker (Raiders aren't gonna get better I reckon)

Alex Johnston in WFB (primarily for his fine end to the year at FB, POD (1.9%), and support from Inglis to be the clubs FB long term)
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:27 pm

Playing around at work while I have a few quiet days;

Smith
    Lodge AFB
    Merrin Murray RFM
    Croft Carty
    Milne Hunt
    Teddy Ponga Nofo

Lichaa NAS Evans Fualalo

Garvey Croker Hiku Kikau

I like Hunt a lot at his price but obvious questions mark when Inglis is fit.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:48 pm

I really like the Merrin pick. Think he will go well this year, gut feeling etc.
    Joey Superior
    Joey Superior

Post by Joey Superior Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:02 pm

my tv broke wrote:I really like the Merrin pick. Think he will go well this year, gut feeling etc.

Same feeling also....Tempted to spend the extra on upgrading Whitehead to Merrin.

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:16 pm

If I lose faith in Murray due to his injury, I'm thinking Brown or Merrin are best replacements.
    Will mean losing McGuire as my DPP bench cover, but can bring in Liu/NAS/Twal or just forgo DPP and bring in anyone
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:21 pm

Out of curiosity, who do you pick if you don't have smith. Assuming you will still be picking a HK that you can captain?

Macca? the other macca? or friend?
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:34 pm

Funny joke in sc. If you start with the Manly brothers, Roberts & Hayne you'll have a twin turbo jet plane.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:10 pm