NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Mulvy
    Mulvy

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Post by Mulvy Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:41 am

Welshy wrote:

Napa because I considered him the is the most value for player I could afford, JBrom had to go with the reshuffle

Napa 13.5 points down on his 2016 average and 9 points down on his 2015 average

His minutes were down but with Roosters pack this year I'm backing him to get back to 50+ minutes and just a general improvement on last year mate

Can't see GI going below 35 and with his scoring potential I don't want to miss out mate

Whoah. I just had some freaky deja vu. I think I've asked you that before. Did you just answer off the top of your head, or did you copy and paste a previous answer?
    Shooter McGavin
    Shooter McGavin

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Post by Shooter McGavin Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:43 am

Sorry for the onslaught but I've been saving them up...

- Not many people bringing Jason Taumalolo's name forward, is he looking at a downgrade in minutes or something?

- Alvaro getting talked up a fair bit too, he seemed too have a good ppm last year but not sure if he will get enough gametime to hit his 39 BE?

- JDB or N.Brown?

- Also curious on the opinions of Eisenhuth and Twal from Tigers?

- Lastly I can only afford two out of the three following, who is it advised I pick; Joseph Manu, Latrell Mitchell and David Nofoaluma

Any help is appreciated, Cheers!
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:45 am

Milchcow wrote:Cheers for locking it welshy, I was on my phone and not going to stuff around.

Hope Pookus and Mulvy enjoyed their 2 man page-52 party.

I enjoyed Cloverfield Paradox, but its bedtime now

WHAT THE FUCK! After reading this I googled it. I've been googling "The God Particle" once a week for the last 12 months. Last week they hinted that Netflix may stream it after the last year of delaying it's release. Even the Cinemas were starting to show it as "Coming Soon".

Glad they put Cloverfield in the title.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:46 am

SI wrote:

WHAT THE FUCK!  After reading this I googled it.  I've been googling "The God Particle" once a week for the last 12 months.  Last week they hinted that Netflix may stream it after the last year of delaying it's release.  Even the Cinemas were starting to show it as "Coming Soon".

I have no idea what you are talking about. I like science though!
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:53 am

Shooter McGavin wrote:Sorry for the onslaught but I've been saving them up...

- Not many people bringing Jason Taumalolo's name forward, is he looking at a downgrade in minutes or something?

- Alvaro getting talked up a fair bit too, he seemed too have a good ppm last year but not sure if he will get enough gametime to hit his 39 BE?

- JDB or N.Brown?

- Lastly I can only afford two out of the three following, who is it advised I pick; Joseph Manu, Latrell Mitchell and David Nofoaluma

Lolo is a gun and will remain so. But after such a good year and add Scott back and McLean, so people perceive value better elsewhere. I expect I'll pick him up later. Alvaro in my team at the moment but he's probably my biggest concern. But I like watching him play, goes for about 1ppm, should be starting this year and plays rd 13. JDB and Brown are both big minute, big workrate locks, but Brown is possibly undervalued due to three or four bench games at the start of last season and I think one or two injury games and plays rd 13. Don't know much about the Tigers. I like Mitchell out of the last bit, should be goal kicker.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:07 am

mulvy wrote:
    SI wrote:

WHAT THE FUCK!  After reading this I googled it.  I've been googling "The God Particle" once a week for the last 12 months.  Last week they hinted that Netflix may stream it after the last year of delaying it's release.  Even the Cinemas were starting to show it as "Coming Soon".

I have no idea what you are talking about. I like science though!

Cloverfield movies. Give it a quick google mate.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:28 am

So best player options under $575k. Assuming I have cover in every position.

Also everyones thoughts on M. Dufty. I know he only had one big game last season. But with the preseason and trails he could be a good shout on the cheap.

Last edited by Random on Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:41 am

Shooter McGavin wrote:Sorry for the onslaught but I've been saving them up...

- JDB or N.Brown?

What are the thoughts behind them all?

J. Manu - He is priced at 27 points, and could be pushed out to the wing with Tedesco coming in. Not much long term value unless you think he will go on a try scoring hot streak off the back of Tedesco and Cronk.

L. Mitchell - Unless he has a big year with a boatload of tries and TB's (Last year he had 13 tries and averaged 4 TBs a game.) Again he has potential to score big points with 6 games over 50 points. He also had 7 games with less than 30 points. He just comes across to inconsistent for the season. If you think he will start the season on fire. You could ride him to a nice cash bump, and kicking goals will help his consistency if he gets the nod.

D. Nofoaluma - One of the best wingers in the game. That doesn't mean he avoids those quiet sub par scores. But certainly the best pick of the three imo.

I would take Nofo if you really want him, and maybe look elsewhere for the others. Unless you are high on Latrell. But with Ponga, Hayne, Hiku, and Inglis. Means you have plenty of options on the cheap.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:51 am

On JDB, Taumalolo, Gallen.

There looks to be so much value in the 2nd row this year, that it's hard to justify splashing the cash on someone you expect to hold value at best.
    If I do go a big gun, it will be Nathan Brown, who looks the best points for cash option

If I'm splashing cash on a keeper, I'd rather do it in FRF or WFB where I can't see as many tempting value options.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:58 am

One of the things about Nofo is that Jason Taylor used to use him to take a crazy amount of hitups, but he isn't as busy under Cleary. I'll have to go look up some stars to see if there is an effect there or if I've just been making things up.

Positives for Nofo are that last year he had some injury effected games towards the end of the year. And will Teddy's absence give him more opportunity?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:53 am

Milchcow wrote:
    One of the things about Nofo is that Jason Taylor used to use him to take a crazy amount of hitups, but he isn't as busy under Cleary. I'll have to go look up some stars to see if there is an effect there or if I've just been making things up.

Positives for Nofo are that last year he had some injury effected games towards the end of the year. And will Teddy's absence give him more opportunity?

Watching a couple of games from the end of the season the other day he still seemed very busy but I have no stats to back that up. I don't see him not taking hitups. I'm looking at trying to run both him and Teddy somehow.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:51 am

According to the mole (so.. probably a post on a forum somewhere).. nu brown was dumped from full time squad and told to train part time with ressies until his attitude to training improved.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:52 am

Lolo's going to become a master offloader. Scary thought if he actually does.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:03 am

Taumalolo so tempting but jeez it hurts when you spend so big and he returns a few 40s to begin the year.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:23 am

@MTB

You picking the fantasy legend that is ET this year? Razz
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:27 am

Finch wrote:@MTB

You picking the fantasy legend that is ET this year? Razz

Hahaha, I wish.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:54 am

my tv broke wrote:Taumalolo so tempting but jeez it hurts when you spend so big and he returns a few 40s to begin the year.

Lolo is tempting but its hard to believe that he wont get cheaper at some point in the season.
    Neillo
    Neillo

Post by Neillo Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:10 am

Sorry if this is in an obvious place and has been asked many times already - I've been out of action due to friends insisting I try fantasy NBA this year (nowhere near as much fun as NRL.....)

Is there an overall league to join yet for the Fanatics?
    And any other important leagues to join not mentioned on the "Join my League" thread
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:21 am

Article on NRL.com which says JLolo is going to try and add more offloads to his game this year.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:40 am

Neillo wrote:Sorry if this is in an obvious place and has been asked many times already - I've been out of action due to friends insisting I try fantasy NBA this year (nowhere near as much fun as NRL.....)

Is there an overall league to join yet for the Fanatics?
    And any other important leagues to join not mentioned on the "Join my League" thread

We are starting to discuss the Fanatics Leagues now, will be something posted in the next few days.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:46 am