NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

    Share
    avatar
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 7500
    Reputation : 2569
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

    Post by Milchcow on Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:41 am

    @Neillo wrote:Sorry if this is in an obvious place and has been asked many times already - I've been out of action due to friends insisting I try fantasy NBA this year (nowhere near as much fun as NRL.....)

    Is there an overall league to join yet for the Fanatics?
    And any other important leagues to join not mentioned on the "Join my League" thread

    No Fanatics overall league yet, will be coming soon
    avatar
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 7500
    Reputation : 2569
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

    Post by Milchcow on Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:43 am

    @Finch wrote:Article on NRL.com which says JLolo is going to try and add more offloads to his game this year.

    I put this sort of story in the "training the house down" category. Want to see something concrete before making fantasy decisions on it
    avatar
    Blain

    Posts : 124
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2017-07-19

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

    Post by Blain on Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:29 pm

    RCG and Alvaro, why do people see them as having better seasons than in the past? Their minutes will be similar to previous years surely? Look like classic mid rangers to me, am I missing something?

    Also Opiac and Isaako, wont make the starting line up but alot of people have them, am I missing something there too..

    Thoughts on Jack Bird? Looks good value, thinking he might improve with the Broncos? Was a non event at the Sharks last year but you could possibly say he checked out early. Can't see him losing value like a Mitch Aub or L Mitchell potentially can because of changing positions.

    I'm thinking Mbye concentrating on his running game could take him to the next level? He's scored big before.

    Also Lussick, with no Lawrence, potential to snag a starting spot and a few more minutes? Priced at 19 points, has averaged 30 in past seasons.. Or would a Kikau be a better option being a bit cheaper.
    avatar
    my tv broke

    Posts : 5525
    Reputation : 1179
    Join date : 2016-01-08
    Location : Mid-Range Mountain

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

    Post by my tv broke on Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:32 pm

    Jack bird will miss the first couple of rounds. It means someone like opacic will probably get a couple games. Wouldnt waste a pick on him.

    Isaako is similiar. People are running on theory that oates will play in the forwards. He has been training with foraards and bennett said he'll give him time there in the trials. My gut says this is bennett saying "told ya so" to oates and to get back out on his fucking wing...

    If we run a utility to start season cos maccas acl.. then there isnt alot of room on the bench when we already have  TPJ, thaiday, offa, tagatease, and maybe even savelio fighting for a spot.

    Thaiday should have probably retired by now but thats another story. I actually think he may relieve macca early in the season
    avatar
    my tv broke

    Posts : 5525
    Reputation : 1179
    Join date : 2016-01-08
    Location : Mid-Range Mountain

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

    Post by my tv broke on Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:53 pm

    RFM has been re-signed til end of 2020 by dogs which may be a small indication of where they see him
    avatar
    SoylentGreen

    Posts : 1331
    Reputation : 263
    Join date : 2016-01-21

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

    Post by SoylentGreen on Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:54 pm

    I've been playing around with my team a bit:

    Smith,
    Napa, Lodge,
    Murray, Arrow, RFM
    DCE, Thurston
    Hayne, Milne
    Mansour, Ponga, GI

    Lichaa, Cook, Cartwright, Evans
    Havili, Kikau, Croker, Kennar

    I know no-one rates Hayne, but I reckon he'll go alright - i just don't like the idea of Hiku as a scoring option. Other than that I'm concerned that there's too many mid-rangers in my forwards.
    avatar
    White Lightning

    Posts : 6092
    Reputation : 1005
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

    Post by White Lightning on Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:06 pm

    @SoylentGreen wrote:I've been playing around with my team a bit:

    Smith,
    Napa, Lodge,
    Murray, Arrow, RFM
    DCE, Thurston
    Hayne, Milne
    Mansour, Ponga, GI

    Lichaa, Cook, Cartwright, Evans
    Havili, Kikau, Croker, Kennar

    I know no-one rates Hayne, but I reckon he'll go alright - i just don't like the idea of Hiku as a scoring option. Other than that I'm concerned that there's too many mid-rangers in my forwards.

    I like it mate. With the new fantasy model I think we have to go with more mid rangers than we'd like. Just a thought on Mansour if ball hog Peachey plays inside him (exclude the sexual connotation haha) then he won't get much ball but as per usual Mansour will pick up plenty of points returning the ball. I also like the gun half combo & that's what I'm going with too but I'm not sure about JT due to age, lack of pace, missed tackles & shoulder concerns especially with his opening 4 games.
    avatar
    White Lightning

    Posts : 6092
    Reputation : 1005
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

    Post by White Lightning on Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:12 pm

    I know the projected scores are irrelevant you could say but just out of interest what projected score does your team have. Mine is 752 points.
    avatar
    SoylentGreen

    Posts : 1331
    Reputation : 263
    Join date : 2016-01-21

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

    Post by SoylentGreen on Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:15 pm

    @White Lightning wrote:

    I like it mate. With the new fantasy model I think we have to go with more mid rangers than we'd like. Just a thought on Mansour if ball hog Peachey plays inside him (exclude the sexual connotation haha) then he won't get much ball but as per usual Mansour will pick up plenty of points returning the ball. I also like the gun half combo & that's what I'm going with too but I'm not sure about JT due to age, lack of pace, missed tackles & shoulder concerns especially with his opening 4 games.

    I reckon JT will want to go out on a high. He's had a long break and hopefully will hit the ground running.

    I could go with Cronk & TTurbo instead of Thurston & Mansour though.... scratch
    avatar
    SoylentGreen

    Posts : 1331
    Reputation : 263
    Join date : 2016-01-21

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

    Post by SoylentGreen on Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:17 pm

    @White Lightning wrote:I know the projected scores are irrelevant you could say but just out of interest what projected score does your team have. Mine is 752 points.



    732

    (i was worried for a second when it said 670 - then realised that i didn't have a captain selected!)
    avatar
    White Lightning

    Posts : 6092
    Reputation : 1005
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

    Post by White Lightning on Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:20 pm

    Looking at those fantasy articles on nrl.com what intrigues me is Takairangi's potential move to the 2fr in 2018. He will start from the bench & at 337k I think his price will drop & if the Eels 2fr's get a few injuries/suspensions (Moeroa, Scott, Edwards) he might find himself starting later down the track at a much cheaper price with a dpp.
    avatar
    SoylentGreen

    Posts : 1331
    Reputation : 263
    Join date : 2016-01-21

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

    Post by SoylentGreen on Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:25 pm

    Has there been any word on if the assignment of DPP's during the season will be the same method as last year? It's going to be more important this year with the reduced squads and positional emergencies is it not?
    avatar
    Vanish

    Posts : 419
    Reputation : 118
    Join date : 2017-03-29

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

    Post by Vanish on Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:43 pm

    @my tv broke wrote:RFM has been  re-signed til end of 2020 by dogs which may be a small indication of where they see him

    I remember hearing last year that the only two players the Dogs refused to shop around (as they were trying desperately to get under the cap for this year) were Josh Jackson and RFM. I think they rate him very highly over there and I'd expect him to snag a starting spot soon, even if he's not starting come round 1.
    avatar
    Onthebeatpete

    Posts : 1161
    Reputation : 284
    Join date : 2016-04-02
    Location : Newcastle

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

    Post by Onthebeatpete on Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:46 pm

    Hey guys, is there a fantasy fanatics league yet? :-)
    Edit*
    Nevermind guys, seen Milchows post above.
    avatar
    my tv broke

    Posts : 5525
    Reputation : 1179
    Join date : 2016-01-08
    Location : Mid-Range Mountain

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

    Post by my tv broke on Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:54 pm

    Just want to have a whinge. Started new job over the summer and both the fantasy site and this forum are blocked on the network (state govt).. bastards. Blasting my phone battery every day now


    Last edited by my tv broke on Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    White Lightning

    Posts : 6092
    Reputation : 1005
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

    Post by White Lightning on Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:55 pm

    I love a bit of gossip & this scandal if true would be as juicy as they come:
    Cameron Smith busted having an affair with Yvonne Sampson by his wife.....she walked out on him....Sampson is engaged to fellow Channel 9 reported Chris O'Keefe.

    As I say this is just a rumour & hasn't been substantiated yet & after all the Mole said it. If proven untrue he could find himself sued to the hilt.
    avatar
    White Lightning

    Posts : 6092
    Reputation : 1005
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

    Post by White Lightning on Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:57 pm

    @my tv broke wrote:Just want to have a whinge. Started new job over the summer and both the fantasy site and this forum are blocked on the network (state govt).. bastards.

    Yeah that was the case at my last job & it pissed me off because all the IT guys over rode the block & still had full access & a couple of them were into epl fantasy & were on it all the time.
    avatar
    my tv broke

    Posts : 5525
    Reputation : 1179
    Join date : 2016-01-08
    Location : Mid-Range Mountain

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

    Post by my tv broke on Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:02 pm

    @White Lightning wrote:I love a bit of gossip & this scandal if true would be as juicy as they come:
    Cameron Smith busted having an affair with Yvonne Sampson by his wife.....she walked out on him....Sampson is engaged to fellow Channel 9 reported Chris O'Keefe.

    As I say this is just a rumour & hasn't been substantiated yet & after all the Mole said it. If proven untrue he could find himself sued to the hilt.

    Where did he say this?

    The rumours i have seen of some trouble are with another key storm player and an ex gf..
    avatar
    White Lightning

    Posts : 6092
    Reputation : 1005
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

    Post by White Lightning on Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:14 pm

    I got it off sc addicts under the subject:

    The Mole. Rugby league about to suffer another massive black eye...stand by peeps"

    There were a few rumours posted but the CS9 one was the most juicy.
    avatar
    Mighty Fishes
    Moderator

    Posts : 5098
    Reputation : 1495
    Join date : 2015-08-01
    Age : 29

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

    Post by Mighty Fishes on Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:42 pm

    @White Lightning wrote:I got it off sc addicts under the subject:

    The Mole. Rugby league about to suffer another massive black eye...stand by peeps"

    There were a few rumours posted but the CS9 one was the most juicy.

    I thought the mole was talking about a raiders winger being arrested over the weekend. As always ofcourse alledgially. I have no proof to back this up other than a few tweets on it

      Current date/time is Tue May 22, 2018 10:07 am